Options

Speedrunning through the [Trans Thread] in less than twelve parsecs

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    dubh was always an anime though.

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I have a coworker who is transitioning.

It's going to be great (seriously awful) watching my asshole coworkers misgender her. HR is wonderful thankfully but that's not going to save her from her awful boss who can't be bothered to learn people's names that their parents gave them let alone new ones. The younger generation is much more warmer I think than the older and mostly white male gay crowd. I haven't seen her in a while but I hope she's ok.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    dubh was always an anime though.

The radio said "No, Dubh. You are the animes."
    And then, Dubh was a dragon/demon girl.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I thought Dubh was making the next thread. She OK?

I'm a worry-wart.

I turned Dubh into an anime dragon/demon girl.

been doing other things

kinda not really interested in the forums as much, these days

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Greetings, humans. I have transcended labels. Which is to say I have no idea aside from where I lean most often, so labels are futile.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Yaaaay, trans thread is back! Best birthday present.

I had my first laser treatment two weeks ago. I found a trans-friendly place about 20 minutes away from my apartment, and the lady who does it is nice. #2 will be on the 7th.

I've also spent the last couple of weeks buying girlie clothes online, which has been a fun adventure. Sizing was kind of hard to figure out (especially since I have no hips), but I got pretty close for the most part. Only a couple of skirts were too big for me to wear (I guess I'm more of a 12 than a 14).

Sometime in the next few weeks I'm going to try to find a therapist who can point me to a good endocrinologist, and probably shoot for starting hormones by...end of September, maybe? I don't really know how long that process is.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Depends on the therapist, unless its changed in the last few years the SoC minimum is 3 months of therapy for hormones, mine was around that, some go longer, and some dont really care about thr SoC as an authoritative force for hormones and won't wait that long even

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I forgot to take my spiro this morning before i left for work and i'm so frustrated with myself over it

what's the protocol on that? should I just take it when I get home? do I just shrug and miss a dose?

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You ever notice how sometimes in cartoons there are identical twins that are one boy and one girl event though identical twins come from one split zygote, meaning one set of chromosomes? Like Scooter and Skeeter, Phil and Lil, or Mabel and Dipper?

I like to think that animators have subversively been trans-inclusive this whole time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I forgot to take my spiro this morning before i left for work and i'm so frustrated with myself over it

what's the protocol on that? should I just take it when I get home? do I just shrug and miss a dose?

Depends on when you can take it. "A couple hours after you missed a dose" is fine. "A couple hours before your next dose" isn't. Spiro isn't a bad med to miss, your body won't notice. I've done it a ton of times. (Not on purpose) Three or four days skipped is bad, three or four or twelve hours isn't.

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

Depends on when you can take it. "A couple hours after you missed a dose" is fine. "A couple hours before your next dose" isn't. Spiro isn't a bad med to miss, your body won't notice. I've done it a ton of times. (Not on purpose) Three or four days skipped is bad, three or four or twelve hours isn't.

I can take it around 1:30 when I get home, but my next dose would be at 7. So I guess I can just wait.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Meh. I'd take it but also I ain't a real doctor

• Options
    I'll figure it out when I get home, I guess. I'm just mad because I specifically thought about taking it when I got out of the shower and then immediately forgot.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to plan a 3 day weekend and spend most of it dancing around the apartment all prettied up.

• Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to plan a 3 day weekend and spend most of it dancing around the apartment all prettied up.

Fun! Can I come dance too?

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Olorin wrote: »

Fun! Can I come dance too?

No because I'll probably just be lazy and veg out.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    You ever notice how sometimes in cartoons there are identical twins that are one boy and one girl event though identical twins come from one split zygote, meaning one set of chromosomes? Like Scooter and Skeeter, Phil and Lil, or Mabel and Dipper?

I like to think that animators have subversively been trans-inclusive this whole time.

I've seen a fan comic on Tumblr featuring a trans Dipper and Mabel giving him love and support.

It was cute.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Im supposed to take two spiro two times a day, but during a hospital visit a couple months ago, they just gave me all my meds in one lump. So I cant imagine thrre being a problem with taking them a little closer to each other than normally.

Of course, I am ALSO not a doctor so...

• Options
    I did the thing and I am not dead yet so i think things are gonna be just fine, thanks all <3

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I forgot (and still forget) my pills on a semi-regular basis.

I never considered it a huge deal because my endo told me that it didn't necessarily need to be morning and evening, that I could shift around the dosage to a schedule that I felt best on, as long as I got the full dosage in a 24 hour period.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

it's a nice thought, but identical twins where one is AFAB and one is AMAB totally can happen, it's just super rare

media has a strange way of making uncommon things common and common things uncommon

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I never knew it was possible for identical twins to be different assigned genders from one another.

That's kind of incredible, actually.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I never knew it was possible for identical twins to be different assigned genders from one another.

That's kind of incredible, actually.

I've never heard of that either.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    again, it's incredibly rare

like, either the egg or the sperm has to start off with an extra chromosome for it to even have a chance of happening

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    What little googling I did seemed to indicate that when it happens it leads to one of those genetic syndromes since one twin doesn't have the full chromosome set. Sounds like it's not something you wouldn't notice happened.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    FuzzytadpoleFuzzytadpole Registered User regular
    So I am going on a week long family vacation soon, and I am kind of worried about it. My relatives are a bunch of little shits about anything Queer related and I am not looking foward to all the jokes about Caitlyn Jenner and Gay marriage that are bound to come up. I am a little scared I might respond in a way that would out me. It sucks because I was really looking foward to this, and now even if nothing happens my fear is going to prevent me from enjoying myself.

I don't even know if I am justified in feeling this way.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be justified feeling this way; i get worried about even going to see close friends who know. Being closeted is super difficult, especially when you know those around you aren't accepting. Holding out and avoiding those topics is probably your best bet, and if you do have to yell at someone about it, well, I hope it goes well.

Also, hugs!

Hey kind of a late reply to this, but thank you so much for the support!

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I thought Dubh was making the next thread. She OK?

I'm a worry-wart.

I turned Dubh into an anime dragon/demon girl.

been doing other things

kinda not really interested in the forums as much, these days

I was wondering why you weren't posting as much as you used to.

I'm gonna have to actually

Try to be more active on twitter.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i posted on twitter a couple of times

it felt like i was flushing sentences down the toilet

broken image link
  • Options
    My next blood test is next Thursday :D

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Doh

I honestly don't know how I posted in the wrong thread. I blame my thumbs.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Ghostbusters are always on-topic.

• Options
    Well I'll make doubly sure it's related.
    5PEnClb.jpg
    My LGBT pride Ghostbusters pins arrived! They didn't have one in trans flag colors but I'll see if I can't think of something.

One month until DragonCon!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    First you'll need white-out and a baby-blue and pink sharpie...

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceres wrote: »
    First you'll need white-out and a baby-blue and pink sharpie...

I figured I'd just find a crafty person with a pin maker and do it old-school.

• Options
    Welp this vacation has been a joke so far.

• Options
    Are you doing okay?

• Options
    Are you doing okay?

I don't really know to be honest, a terrible drive down, indigestion and other gross body stuff, and everything I was worried about outside of outing myself happening within the first 2 days(the week is young for that last one).

This feels less like a relaxing week off and more like a worse version of my home life. I feel like I am going to break at any moment.

This discussion has been closed.