As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Just a note, a "brace" is two of something.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Damn, that looks great. The original always seemed a bit too normal for all the shit he went through.

I found a mod once that described the assets of his original face as just being another fiend.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    Just a note, a "brace" is two of something.

Three braces then!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    ill try jsawyers mod but im still giving myself infinite inventory space

I might need those crutches and that pilot light

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Vault 33 thriving off the dead flesh from the wastelands. Doing some revamping, got all the lower tier rooms replaced. 7 full rows of storage at the bottom of the vault, 20 max stat scavengers roaming the wastes. 182 dwellers (was 200 but killed 50 people so that i coul move corms around and now building back up slowly while leveling stats.
    EbHhvlT.jpg
    eg8d1jL.jpg

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Edit: Also, a quick picture of a freshly modded Joshua Graham with an updated face, armor, and a brace of pistols.
    Looks great other than the dirty bandages.

Joshua talks in HH about how he replaces them everyday. Hurts like hell apparently but he likes to be clean.

But then again, thats just me being picky. Its a great redesign.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I think the bandages are super clean considering that he's working in cave assembling /cleaning/oiling a billion 45s and regularly runs around outside, gets in fights, and spends time being an all around badass.

It isn't like he spends all day sitting in a pristine hospital bed.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I forget but doesn't Joshua use cleaning his bandages as some kind of penance type thing. Like he does it as a reminder of the bad person he once was?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I think the bandages are super clean considering that he's working in cave assembling /cleaning/oiling a billion 45s and regularly runs around outside.

It isn't like he spends all day sitting in a pristine hospital bed.
    He could just be rubbing himself up against the cave walls everyday.

I could see Joshua doing that, actually.
    I forget but doesn't Joshua use cleaning his bandages as some kind of penance type thing. Like he does it as a reminder of the bad person he once was?
    Seems to be mostly a hygiene thing but he probably does see the pain that comes with it as a ritual.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I think what I liked the most about NV's set up as opposed to F3's was that your character in Vegas had a history. You weren't some lost vault dweller, you were a courier who was tasked with a job and you got screwed over. It felt a more organic character creation using mental trauma, than yet another vault dweller who somehow missed everything that happened.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think what I liked the most about NV's set up as opposed to F3's was that your character in Vegas had a history. You weren't some lost vault dweller, you were a courier who was tasked with a job and you got screwed over. It felt a more organic character creation using mental trauma, than yet another vault dweller who somehow missed everything that happened.
    The Courier is probably my favorite Fallout protagonist because he's the one players own the most.

He's completely who you want him to be. The game doesn't predefine his relationship and life up until that point. You basically just know he had an occupation and the last job went horribly wrong. His backstory and identity are completely left up to you.

The Courier could be anyone.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Something I just read about Fallout Shelter that seems to be holding true: when your explorers are in the wasteland, every time they level up their health is replenished, meaning they have to use fewer stimpaks, thus can stay out longer.

I was sending out some level 50 guys and they were going through 10-12 stimpaks a day, running out early in the 3rd day, with very few actually good loot pickups (and lots of crap). Yesterday I sent out a lower level guy with trained up stats, and in 17 hours so far he's only used one stimpak but gone up 7 levels.

So now I have a couple of level one people training specifically to head out into the wastes. Going out low level with good stats, they should level up quickly and delay the need for stimpaks for quite a while.

• Options
    I just sent a dude out with max stats aside from luck (which I boosted with formal gear), he's level 11, I wonder how long he'll be out there. Hopefully he returns richer and with more guns than god.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I think I put my trust in the wrong guy, a ralph? What was I thinking.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Figure I share this one with ya'll. if you appreciate Rick and Morty you'll like it.
    ATbZiwK.jpg

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Two Confessor Cromwells in a row

Really?

This is some bullshit

Give me cool guys with guns, pls

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Elendil wrote: »
    Two Confessors in a row

Really?

Son of a
    Praise Atom!

Praise be, brothers and sisters!

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    The Courier is probably my favorite Fallout protagonist because he's the one players own the most.

He's completely who you want him to be. The game doesn't predefine his relationship and life up until that point. You basically just know he had an occupation and the last job went horribly wrong. His backstory and identity are completely left up to you.

... right up until Lonesome Road, which tries to tell you that "you" did all this stuff, before you even started playing the game, and thus you are responsible.
    For actions in a story that the devs wrote for you.
    Yeah, no.

• Options
    You didn't do anything in lonesome road except deliver packages. Elijah attributes things to you because he's fucking crazy, but the game saying "yes you did actually work as a courier" wasn't like attributing a huge back story.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

... right up until Lonesome Road, which tries to tell you that "you" did all this stuff, before you even started playing the game, and thus you are responsible.
    For actions in a story that the devs wrote for you.
    Yeah, no.
    Except The Courier just delivered a package.

Thats not really a backstory or a predefined identity, its a menial task. Lonesome Road is about some lone nut that doesn't know anything about you blaming you for something you knew nothing about.

It doesn't really tell you anything about who you are or where you come from, it pretty much just says Ulysses is crazy.

Lonesome Road is right in line with the rest of the game in the things we know about The Courier.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Ulysses has... issues. Some of them with simple things like reality.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Woohoo, more Underground Hideout problems! I just love everything about that mod (even going so far as to edit the GRA ammo types into the ammo sorter today!) but keep running into new bugs.

This time, it's the weapon wall in the armory. A bunch of the melee and OWB weapons suddenly decided to fall off the wall and bounce around the room. This wouldn't be a very big problem except nothing I do seems to fix it. I took them all down, left the room, saved, quit the game, loaded it back up, and they just spawn back into their bugged places. The walls look so empty without them :(

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Though Ulysses is definitely unhinged, I never got the impression we were supposed to take his assertions of what the Courier did (before you started playing him/her) at anything less than face value.
    But fair enough. It actually heartens me that so many people have concluded the proper response is "... no, you're crazy, **** off."

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I just got Colonel Autumn, and he is a beast. Just sent him into the wastes with a Hardened Gauss Rifle, 10 stimpacks, and 10 Rad-Aways. I'm expecting good things from him.

Also got my first deathclaw attack, which has incited me to completely re-work the top couple levels of my vault... gotta move my med-bay and residence off the first floor, and replace them with nuclear plants. Now, if only I had a metric ton of caps...

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh btw the lunchboxes and other things are on sale. If you hate actually progressing and doing things naturally in the game, you can buy 40 lunchboxes for $10 USD! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Though Ulysses is definitely unhinged, I never got the impression we were supposed to take his assertions of what the Courier did (before you started playing him/her) at anything less than face value.
    But fair enough. It actually heartens me that so many people have concluded the proper response is "... no, you're crazy, **** off."

The proper response is an Anti-Materiel Rifle shot to the back if his head before he even starts bloviating.

• Options
    three ambushes between nipton and wolfhorn ranch alone

i should have taken my chances with the deathclaws

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Woohoo, more Underground Hideout problems! I just love everything about that mod (even going so far as to edit the GRA ammo types into the ammo sorter today!) but keep running into new bugs.

This time, it's the weapon wall in the armory. A bunch of the melee and OWB weapons suddenly decided to fall off the wall and bounce around the room. This wouldn't be a very big problem except nothing I do seems to fix it. I took them all down, left the room, saved, quit the game, loaded it back up, and they just spawn back into their bugged places. The walls look so empty without them :(

I think that's kinda the point. You decide whether what he says matches up with your idea of your character, that he's slightly mistaken, or just completely off.

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Anyone tried out a tale of two wastelands? I don't care much about carrying over a character between games but playing an updated FO3 is really attractive.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Anyone tried out a tale of two wastelands? I don't care much about carrying over a character between games but playing an updated FO3 is really attractive.
    Its abit of a small chore to set up but I really enjoy it. Smartly it deploys doctor bags and other things across the landscape.

It's interesting how it changes the feel of the Capital Wasteland. Mutants in particular are pretty powerful if you don't choose the option to bring them down back to Fallout 3 level.

Word to the wise though, start in the Capital when you're given a choice at the beginning. Having to go all the way to Freeside from Goodsprings and then taking the train to the Capital only to be dropped off in the middle of a super mutant death zone is kind of a bummer.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Thanks, any mod recommendations? Again mainly focusing on the DC wasteland as I'll just play NV seperate if I want to.

I think I will do xp reducer due to having all dlc and super mutant balance at least.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Thanks, any mod recommendations? Again mainly focusing on the DC wasteland as I'll just play NV seperate if I want to.

I think I will do xp reducer due to having all dlc and super mutant balance at least.
    XP reducer is mainly for people who are planning to play both regions (NV and Capital). XP gain might start to feel a lil too slow if you're just planning to do one or the other but I've never tried it myself.

Not a lot of TTW mods stand out to me. Most of the ones I've seen are mostly mod conversions that allow mods that originally only worked in Fallout 3 to work in NV TTW and housing that caters to both regions and allow you to travel between them.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I am used to JEsawyer, and feel like the game is better at low levels, especially with the nv engine, so as long as I am over 25 by broken steel I'm fine. I will see how it flows though.

I guess I will just do the usual graphics mods.

• Options
    edited September 2015

The man is a monster, he teaches the White Legs how to slaughter the new Canannites, unleashes the horrors of Big Mountain on the wasteland, and tries to nuke not one, but BOTH major societies in the wasteland because of some twist idea that HE can forge a better future. He is also obsessed with killing you over something that was a terrible accident, not an act of malice.

So yes, he is insane. Well spoken, but just as broken as the head cases you find in Dead Money.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

There are enough dialogue options where you can tell him that his assumptions about you are wrong that one could portray him as totally out of touch with reality and history just as easily as owning what he claims you've done. It sometimes feels really odd to have a character eloquently go on about stuff you keep saying is BS, but it actually does fit his theme as someone suffering from PTSD so severe it warps his perceptions and where history and interpretations about it are a big thing.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    This dweller assignment objective has been sitting there for a week taunting me

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I've ended up having to employ an uh, let's say unethical strategy for that objective.

Get all the ones I can by shuffling people around (last time I got 'lucky' enough to make it to 17/30 or so) and then make a bunch of babies. Then, when those kids grow up, they'll all be wandering around on coffee breaks so you can assign them to what should be the logical place and thus far it has always been true for me. Bringing new people in with the radio station works for that, too.

Then, after all that is done, well let's just say there is an isolated "storage" section of my vault where groups of "less skilled" dwellers often meet with "accidents".

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    ...I have't done any of the DLC content yet despite owning it. I mean, I've run into the introduction to Tabitha's content because you can't really avoid it while doing BoS stuff, but that's it.

Which of the DLC stuff is most worthwhile?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    ...I have't done any of the DLC content yet despite owning it. I mean, I've run into the introduction to Tabitha's content because you can't really avoid it while doing BoS stuff, but that's it.

Which of the DLC stuff is most worthwhile?

Old World Blues is generally considered the best by a good amount.

Honest Hearts has some great characters and writing but the setting is a bit sedate (though Zion is tragically beautiful).

Dead Money has great atmosphere but many find at least some of the gameplay elements to be less fun.

Lonesome Road is the epilogue to all these.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I liked Lonesome Road the best, but I seem to be in a minority in that regard. I thought it had fantastic loot and a cool environment with one of the more interesting villains in the game.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
This discussion has been closed.