Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok Deathclaw attacks are getting stupid. If the radio brings in a new person bam deathclawed come on game.

Opening your door also brings them in. I'm better at dealing with them now, they rarely get past the third floor, it's just reliant on having a good and upgraded med bay for Stimpaks. Without that, it'd be a nightmare.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Its just annoying I can kill them all, its just they tend to screw up production for a little bit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Deathclaws dont make it out of my first floor but i still have to move with them from room to room and heal everyone.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    So resources do not, in fact, continue to process when the game is inactive. I've started making sure to put every dweller possible into training rooms before shutting down for extended periods of time, and it has absolutely helped me train them up when they would otherwise be unable to leave their posts due to I am very bad at planning reasons.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Ok Deathclaw attacks are getting stupid. If the radio brings in a new person bam deathclawed come on game.

Stop letting people in until you've cranked up the stats of everyone on your first two floors

It's boring and it will take forever but I can ignore Deathclaws at this point on my main vault.

While you wait send out some people with maxed out Luck and decent other stats so that by the time you've pumped up all those stats you can equip everyone with decent to good weaponry (sawed off shotgun or better) and the Deathclaws won't make it to the third floor and most of the time you won't even need to use more than a few stimpaks.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yeah the only thing I'd worry about with cars is just the vast nothing. I mean its bad enough at times in f3 and nv with stretches of empty areas, add cars in and it would feel like boring bullshit with small oasis's of interesting.

You realize that this describes the actual Southwest. Like, today.

• Options
    Yeah the only thing I'd worry about with cars is just the vast nothing. I mean its bad enough at times in f3 and nv with stretches of empty areas, add cars in and it would feel like boring bullshit with small oasis's of interesting.

You realize that this describes the actual Southwest. Like, today.

Well yeah, but I don't want to play reality in my games. Its why games have you blowing shit up and having a good time, and not like going to work and filing paperwork...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Assuming the world has the same density of landmarks as Skyrim, they could have motorcycles and it wouldn't be that different from a horse.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Well, I finished my barebones New Vegas hardcore playthrough in time for MGS5. 30 hours in and I still have over a hundred locations to explore and all four DLCs. Not to mention Project Frontier, Brazil, and the Someguy Bounty series.

I've only tried the first Bounties, but it isn't very good. It's largely just a series of "go here, kill this guy" with very little flavour.

Yeah, but it's well done filler from what I've heard.

As others have said, New Vegas Bounties was one of Someguy's first mods, so it's a bit lacking in story but he really improved his technique with Bounties 2. If you want to see one of the best NPCs ever created in a mod, try New Vegas Killer, which is a 'what if' scenario that has you siding with the villain from Bounties and becoming one of his hitmen.

Yeah, the long rant from Bobby Bass is a thing to be heard.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Starting to get pretty annoyed at Fallout Shelter.

I've had several instances lately where I ordered a dweller to return from the wasteland and turned the game off afterwards only to come back to a tombstone hours later like they kept going anyway.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I had to stop playing FO Shelter. I had 3 fully upgraded Nuclear reactors with 6 dwellers, all with at least 7 strength, and couldn't produce enough power to stay afloat. Any time I would get ahead, mole rats would sap all the power and I'd have to rush just to keep the lights on, which would inevitably lead to more mole rats.

I was doing fine with three regular power plants, so I'm not sure where exactly the problems arose. I had achieved balance with 50 dwellers while I buffed their special stats. The all had enhanced sawed-offs or rusty lasers, too.

On top of that, I accidentally left the screen on and the game running, so when I came back 10 minutes later all my resources were empty and everyone was fully radiated. I had to spend 2 hours babysitting the game and I still wasn't able to go back to normal.

Also, my phone's screen stopped working, so that's preventing me from playing, too.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Seriously, though.

Leaving the game running in the foreground without input will kill your vault.

That's a bad design feature.

• Options
    I'm having a hard time justifying going above 60, myself. Everything works well resources wise, I have a full set of training rooms and plenty of extra dwellers to go exploring, and no deathclaws.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Same here. Just been training up my dwellers since I hit 60. Hard to really get a desire going to push before getting key stuff maxed.

• Options
    Okay I just found a small problem with that strategy.

"Level up 36 dwellers"

This could take awhile.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    Okay I just found a small problem with that strategy.

"Level up 36 dwellers"

This could take awhile.
    not that long, actually

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I had to stop playing FO Shelter. I had 3 fully upgraded Nuclear reactors with 6 dwellers, all with at least 7 strength, and couldn't produce enough power to stay afloat. Any time I would get ahead, mole rats would sap all the power and I'd have to rush just to keep the lights on, which would inevitably lead to more mole rats.

I was doing fine with three regular power plants, so I'm not sure where exactly the problems arose. I had achieved balance with 50 dwellers while I buffed their special stats. The all had enhanced sawed-offs or rusty lasers, too.

On top of that, I accidentally left the screen on and the game running, so when I came back 10 minutes later all my resources were empty and everyone was fully radiated. I had to spend 2 hours babysitting the game and I still wasn't able to go back to normal.

Also, my phone's screen stopped working, so that's preventing me from playing, too.

Molerats give me more issue than Deathclaws at this point. The latter are still a pain, but they don't spread through multiple rooms if you can't kill them in time and the durability of infestations on 3 block rooms approaches being absurd. A room full of sawed off shotgun and laser pistol armed dwellers has trouble with it.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Bethesda hasn't contracted Obsidian for an expansion yet at least? GET ON IT, BETHESDA! I won't take 18 months to finish 4. Probably.

• Options
    18 months wouldn't even be time for them to program an hour of buggy code.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "We actually had some ideas for characters that would... like in one story draft we had, Cass would get drunk with the protagonist and then would wake up with The King having married them at The King's School of Impersonation.

Okay...I kind of really want to make a mod for this now.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    the car should be your fast travel thing, you can only fast travel to roads, and you can store shit in the trunk

• Options
    kind of surprised we're sneaking up on november, without much new fallout 4 news.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    kind of surprised we're sneaking up on november, without much new fallout 4 news.

Yeah. Especially since Todd Howard said there would be a good amount of it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Really appreciate the small gap between announcement and release. Refreshing as hell, especially for a big game like this.

Hopefully that and holding back more info doesn't come back to bite them. Really want to see this game explode like Skyrim did.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Really appreciate the small gap between announcement and release. Refreshing as hell, especially for a big game like this.

Hopefully that and holding back doesn't come back to bite them. Really want to see this game explode like Skyrim did.

(glares at Mass Effect: Andromeda announced for Q4 2016)

Yeah, I also love how they announced it with a ton of actual gameplay to go with it instead of just showing a pre-rendered intro video and saying "we'll start taking your money, now!"

Strikor on
  • Options
    I prefer not having a lot of stuff showing, that way when I play the game I haven't seen the majority/any of it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Hopefully that and holding back doesn't come back to bite them. Really want to see this game explode like Skyrim did.

Yeah, I also love how they announced it with a ton of actual gameplay to go with it instead of just showing a pre-rendered intro video and saying "we'll start taking your money, now!"
    Thats probably my least favorite trend in the industry.

First thing we see of a video game: An expensive pre rendered cutscene that tells us nothing about the actual game.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    I just had a deathclaw attack follow a raider attack. COME ON!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

Thats probably my least favorite trend in the industry.

First thing we see of a video game: An expensive pre rendered cutscene that tells us nothing about the actual game.

☆ shrugs ☆

Worked well for pretty much every final fantasy game EVER.

• Options
    Mad Max starts out in a cutscene, and then the game lets you do everything in that cutscene in the game. It's rad.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ugh I have such a love/hate relationship with energy weapons in NV. I love melting dudes with pew pew lasers but I always end up with so little variety in both weapon and ammo types compared to guns. Though that does cut down on weight a bit.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Ugh I have such a love/hate relationship with energy weapons in NV. I love melting dudes with pew pew lasers but I always end up with so little variety in both weapon and ammo types compared to guns. Though that does cut down on weight a bit.

That's one of the big reasons I've never been able to do an energy weapon run in NV. With conventional small arms, I'll get multiple tiers of revolvers, pistols, automatic rifles, shotguns, semi-automatic rifles, etc. With energy weapons, that variety disappears. NV did provide more variety compared to previous games where it was basically semi-auto handguns, rifles, and then gatling laser but it's still lacking. Plus the lack of iron sights.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Sooo I just got a notification on Fallout Shelter about bundles being on sale and now you can get 5 Mr Handy for $1.99

So much for resisting!

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    jebus, josh sawyer's new vegas mod is brutal

i'm not even a hoarder and i can barely stay unencumbered

everything is terrifying and stimpacks are garbage

i may or not be enjoying this

i'm not entirely sure

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Elendil wrote: »
    jebus, josh sawyer's new vegas mod is brutal

i'm not even a hoarder and i can barely stay unencumbered

everything is terrifying and stimpacks are garbage

i may or not be enjoying this

i'm not entirely sure

Never really had a desire to try it, it seems too unforgiving compared to past Fallout games.

Edit: Also, a quick picture of a freshly modded Joshua Graham with an updated face, armor, and a brace of pistols.

Graham_zpsiprz0r0q.jpg

He is cooler than you.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Damn, that looks great. The original always seemed a bit too normal for all the shit he went through.

• Options
    Yeah, and based on how the holster mod works, I think someone saw that pile of pistols on his desk and went, "Hey, I'll make a mod where he can actually carry those!" He's the only character to get an extra esp to equip it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Feeling pretty confident right now in Fallout Shelter. 120 dwellers, Top 2 floors are power rooms, everyone's got at least a 5 damage weapon. Deathclaws are annoying, especially the damage they do to my Mr Handys mole rats don't show up much. Every once in a while I peel off one or two high level dudes to go wander the wastes for a few days for caps and loot. Now just trying to collect unique weapons, outfits, and people but I'm not going to buy lunchboxes so it's taking a while.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That is All The 45s, and then s'more.

This discussion has been closed.