Options

Of Saints, Souls, and [Steam]

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Reddaye wrote: »
    So it turns out that Corvo will no longer be silent in Dishonored 2.

He'll now be voiced by Stephen Russel, who was the original voice of Garrett in the first three Thief games, Cogsworth, Nick Valentine, Mercer Frey, and many more.

I'm totally okay with this change.

oh hell yea. Stephen Russell is my fav voice actor...probably because I grew up on Thief, which also happens to be my favorite game.
    As if I wasn't excited enough for Dishonored 2. You have made my morning, Reddaye.

vamen on
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I'd there some kind of deal on noct somewhere? It's been on steamgifts a lot lately too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Fight me irl teeman. Failing that, as soon as I can get some money I shall get in my X-Wing and blow you out of space >: (
    Reddaye wrote: »
    So it turns out that Corvo will no longer be silent in Dishonored 2.

He'll now be voiced by Stephen Russel, who was the original voice of Garrett in the first three Thief games, Cogsworth, Nick Valentine, Mercer Frey, and many more.

I'm totally okay with this change.

It's funny, because a long time ago on twitter this was the one thing I remember talking to Harvey about the most. Dishonored actually felt, excuse the pun, dishonored by the fact they didn't give Corvo a voice. That they have gone and got Garrett to do it? Absolutely smashing.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    I'd there some kind of deal on noct somewhere? It's been on steamgifts a lot lately too.

I think it was the top tier in the Humble Devolver bundle that just finished yesterday.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    While I've never completed a Thief game, Garrett's voice in those first three always stood out to me. That voice actor never seemed to get much work. The last thing I was aware of him being in was the Bioshock Infinite gameplay trailer before he got replaced by Troy Baker in the final game.

His imdb page shows he was in a few other games, including Fallout 3 and Skyrim, but I never noticed his voice.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    While I've never completed a Thief game, Garrett's voice in those first three always stood out to me. That voice actor never seemed to get much work. The last thing I was aware of him being in was the Bioshock Infinite gameplay trailer before he got replaced by Troy Baker in the final game.

His imdb page shows he was in a few other games, including Fallout 3 and Skyrim, but I never noticed his voice.

I like Troy Baker a lot, but I was very disappointed with that replacement.

And I certainly agree that his voice really sticks out as Garrett. Not only well acted, but it's just a very unique and striking voice, I think. If he uses a similar voice for Dishonored, I'll almost feel like I finally am getting another proper Thief game =p.

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    As if I wasn't excited enough for Dishonored 2. You have made my morning, Reddaye.

I do what I can :). Karma even rewarded me with a five dollar bill on my walk this morning.

Certainly happy to hear Stephen Russel will be doing the voice. I'm curious to find out if he's using his Garrett voice, or something different. Russel is pretty talented and has a good range of voices. I'd love him to use Garrett's voice. Dishonored in many ways feels like a spiritual successor to the Thief series. It would be quite fitting, I think.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Anyone hoping that with Blizzard stealing all the TF2 and MMOBA crowd from Valve that Valve will feel like it has to actually get back into games and make us fucking HL3?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Oh man, I'm not sure PS3 and forward Final Fantasy is my bag anymore, but I adore FFX and would buy the shit out of it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

Oh man, I'm not sure PS3 and forward Final Fantasy is my bag anymore, but I adore FFX and would buy the shit out of it.

I never even got around to playing X-2. Both of them in one package is something I'd jump on instantly.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Corgi voice is nice, but that's mean not playing as Emily.

Yknow what phone autocorrect you can have that one.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Bah. Corvo is a busted old piece of shit.

Definitely going to play as Emily and go the true protagonist route.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Wait.

You can play Emily in Dishonored 2 instead of just Corvo?

Interest = Interest + 100%

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Wait.

I don't know if it's confirmed, but the first trailer and lore tidbits certainly seem to be pointing to that being the case.

vamen on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Wait.

Yep.

(All hail the queen)

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Wait.

I don't know if it's confirmed, but the first trailer and lore tidbits certainly seem to be pointing to that being the case.

It's been confirmed. Her powerset is different too. The shadow tentacle grappling hook thing from the trailer is her version of Corvo's forward warp.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    This ends on Wednesday I think. Chaotic uncertainty.
    EugclTh.png
    signature.png

Made some decent progress on Trails in the Sky SC over the weekend. Halfway through Chapter 7 currently. Out of I believe 9, maybe 10.
    I will finish you game!

There's a smidge of time left to enter this. In other news I have not played any more Trails in the Sky. Hearthstone & Overwatch.
    How did I end up back to giving Blizzard all my game time?

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Wait.

It's been confirmed. Her powerset is different too. The shadow tentacle grappling hook thing from the trailer is her version of Corvo's forward warp.

Has it? Awesome. All the more pumped!
    I hope they go into a lot more of the lore surrounding the Outsider, which I assume is how Emily has powers as well.

vamen on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    The Banner Saga 2 is one of the best games I've ever played that's explicitly a midpoint of an overarching story.

Like the first one, it manages to come to a satisfying conclusion while leaving a bunch of threads waiting for resolution.

Also good GOSH does it do failure well. I loved the fact that as the gruff, angry leader of mercenaries I could try to be tough as nails and dangerous and after a hard fight just get fucking pincushioned and left for dead. The fact that it allowed me to take risks and experience humiliating defeat meant that it was that much more awesome when I managed to pull off a win against overwhelming odds.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Anyone hoping that with Blizzard stealing all the TF2 and MMOBA crowd from Valve that Valve will feel like it has to actually get back into games and make us fucking HL3?

The good news: they will!

The bad news: it'll be a Steam Support production

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Congrats to @Drascin for winning the Total Warhammer giveaway and thanks to everyone else for entering.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I've been hyped for this since I played the Game Jam version. So hosting a giveaway!

signature.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H1GHlI0TYM

Prepare for feels.

Reminder.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »

Oh hey. What luck. I found $10.
    Usually I'd do a give-away but I'm pretty broke at the moment. Thanks for all the fun filled years Steam thread!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Open to General PA and PAG&T Groups. End tomorrow at 7pm EST. No contribution necessary.

I've only played Towerfall which is incredible amazing fun party times with friends, and also some neat challenge modes and single player stuff. Evoland 2 is also really neat in that it's constantly changing genres and is super long compared to the first Evoland.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ends at 7pm EST (4ish hours from now)

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular

how many of these games there are

and better question:

WHEN WILL WE GET ANY PERSONA ON STEAM

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

And you can apply for the beta test starting this weekend. Don't forget to read the T&C!
    Asthariel wrote: »

and better question:

No idea on the Persona front but there's a new Nep game every 4-6 months. That said, most of these are originally PSVita games (and a PS4 game in the case of VII) and these are just PC ports.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

and better question:

Atlus would have to have some sort of meaningful presence as a developer on PC first as opposed to just acting as a publisher for random things.

As is, they have weird habits with choosing what platforms to release upon. That Persona 5 is an upcoming release for the PS3 and only got a PS4 version planned pretty recently reinforces how they're pretty slow to adjust platform support.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Goddamnit. I knew it would happen when the game was announced, and that I should've waited. Figured it'd be farther out.

Probably should sit down and actually do the grinding I need to actually get past the boss I'm stuck on, since I think I'm near the end... and that'll give me a reason to unhook the PS4 afterwards.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Okay, I'll admit to being mildly frustrated today. It's May 4th, Star Wars day, so a perfect day to take a paid vacation day, play TIE Fighter, stream it on Twitch and promote my channel like crazy! I even had giveaways.

Except that literally no one showed up and stayed long enough to get a gift, so I have all these extra games sitting in my inventory, and one new follower to show for my efforts. A bit frustrating to say the least. On the other hand, I did get a paid day off from work to play TIE Fighter all day, so not really that bad.

But these games in my inventory simply won't do, they need to go. Bad enough all the trading cards I have...

signature.png

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

Haha what a fantasy.

• Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

FOR FUCK'S SAKE GIVE ME TIME TO FINISH ONE BEFORE YOU PORT THREE MORE OF THEM

I DID NOT EXPECT TO UNIRONICALLY ENJOY RE;BIRTH1

I'M JUST ONE MAN GOD DAMN IT

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    Giveaway to G&T Adventure Team members. Star Wars Battlefront II.

May the 4th be with you!

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/MBoZ1/star-wars-battlefront-ii

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    @shdwcaster
    i feel weird awesoming that since it didnt turn out how you hoped, but thank you for thinking of us with the giveaway, thats awesome of you

Petesalzl on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Usually I'd do a give-away but I'm pretty broke at the moment. Thanks for all the fun filled years Steam thread!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Open to General PA and PAG&T Groups. End tomorrow at 7pm EST. No contribution necessary.

I've only played Towerfall which is incredible amazing fun party times with friends, and also some neat challenge modes and single player stuff. Evoland 2 is also really neat in that it's constantly changing genres and is super long compared to the first Evoland.

Hey, I was totaly doing a $10 dollar give away game, and you go ahead and do this? See this folks is why I said he was a great guy to begin with.

On that note:

Geth roll 1d3

@Karoz, I almost rolled for you, but than decided ok, you said no.

edit:
    At @Jeix you win a $10 game on steam. It doesn't have to be exact, but close. PM me what you want.

1d3 2 [1d3=2]

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Winnars!

signature.png

@cooljammer00 !

signature.png

@Aegeri !

signature.png

@Gear Girl !

signature.png

@cB557 !

signature.png

@Jragghen !

signature.png

@Gear Girl !

signature.png

@DyasAlure !
    Congratulations! Check your PA Inbox for Humble URLs. Be sure to check on Steamgifts that you received the url in your PA mailbox!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular

DyasAlure !
    Congratulations! Check your PA Inbox for Humble URLs. Be sure to check on Steamgifts that you received the url in your PA mailbox!

@KoopahTroopah Thanks.

And @Jeix I think you might not have been notified because I put your @ in an edit. But you won that $10 game.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »

FOR FUCK'S SAKE GIVE ME TIME TO FINISH ONE BEFORE YOU PORT THREE MORE OF THEM

I DID NOT EXPECT TO UNIRONICALLY ENJOY RE;BIRTH1

I'M JUST ONE MAN GOD DAMN IT

Just finished up all the achievements in Re;birth 3 this week - I've still got the two spin-off games to finish, though.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular

Winnars!
    signature.png

@Gear Girl !
    signature.png

@Gear Girl !

Thanks so much!

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular

and better question:

Not just Persona. I'd love to have the whole Shin Megami Tensei collection on Steam. SMT 1 got ported to iOS, which might be the absolute worst way to play it. Of course, I bought a copy just to encourage them.

Games like SMT: Digital Devil Saga and Nocturne (aka SMT 3) might have a strong PS2 feel to them, but they're absolutely timeless gems. I'm sure a PC port would lead to great user reviews and a very long tail of sales.

Those are the games are that brought up as soon as somebody says, "I like turn based JRPGs, but..."

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
This discussion has been closed.