As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    There's also just a weird amount of wasted space on a lot of these maps, with fairly big sections between spawn and the CP that are never 'used' in the game beyond having to spend 10 seconds running through them.

That's a very good point. It makes me think there was a single-player campaign planned at some point that ran thru those empty rooms but it was jettisoned along the way.

Considering the fact that they have changed the maps, I'm more inclined to believe that it's so that they can use them for other game modes should the need arise.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    @Skull2185 Aaaaaand my power's out. When (if) it comes back on I'll send you a message. Good luck out there

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    So, I'm on GMT+12 time, making it hard to coordinate with a lot of you PA'ers :(

Does anyone play nights? 6pm here is 2am EST / 11pm PST. Should I not be playing on NA servers, maybe? What do?

I generally play fairly late. Usually stop around maybe 1-2am PST

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    This game really shines as a group. Just had some great games with a 6 stack against another of similar skill, pretty much traded games back and forth for a while.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I think I have an r/overwatch problem.

https://gfycat.com/PessimisticSparseChuckwalla

"pls"

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Had a great time tonight. Thanks to the Zenyatta that transcended me while I used Zarya's ult and allowed the enemy team to drink death from my gravity. It was delightful.

Noxy on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Tracer needs an audible on her bomb toss. Everyone else has one. She has one only if she's on your team.

I also think as people get better at the game Tracer and McCree will need some changes. I'm willing to wait and see if maybe they modify maps or fix some of the tickrate issues and bugs and that's all it takes, but I doubt it.

She has one, but honestly it doesn't matter since it goes off so quickly you wouldn't be able to do much anyways.

If you're Zarya or Mei you can do plenty. Her audio doesn't play for me pretty much ever, and it's very quiet. The first indication I have she used it is the red ! that's non directional because it's mid-air. I'm actually fine with it more or less but would like the tickrate to be improved for the sake of tracking her blink.

I don't mind playing against anyone except McCree and Junkrat. Both more due to map design than anything. Without ammo limitations (which I'm not advocating) Junkrat can blindfire all day and shut down anyone with less than 300hp, even with high HP he has options. McCree is just too strong at every range against every hero.

Edit. The overtime system needs to be looked at. You shouldn't get to reset the burndown timer just by contesting the objective.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    TPain streaming Overwatch is hilarious. When he swaps onto Soldier 76 and then dies over and over again, at one point he's like, "JUST LET ME KILL A MOTHAFUCKA!!"

Then Genji counters him at like 5 HP and he dies. XD

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Custom games will have to wait until they have better social functionality I think. Just a PA chat room would help a lot.

• Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Had a blast playing with aHermano and company! Sorry for my friend not being very good.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    Another call to add me: Zek#1623

I routinely start new groups from whoever in my friends list is available, so having me on your list makes you more likely to find a PA game :) My goal is to friend every player and then as time goes on I'll trim the ones who stop playing.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    Had a blast playing with aHermano and company! Sorry for my friend not being very good.

No problem, was he playing the whole time you were muted? If so he seemed pretty good?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    watching a_seagull play with 5 mccrees total in game

that's just stupid

i hope he gets adjusted

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Bubs wrote: »
    @Skull2185 Aaaaaand my power's out. When (if) it comes back on I'll send you a message. Good luck out there

Ah, that sucks. We ended up with a group of five, and it was like night and day compared to yesterday's games. We still weren't coordinated enough to make the final push on some attack games, but it was still fun. Got a 3 day weekend coming up so I'll be on alot. Hit me up whenever you want tomorrow anytime after 7 pm est. Hopefully you get your power back right quick.

Got a Symmetra POTG where my turrets were doing work, but it was just me chasing down a Reaper and killing him. My group was not impressed :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    Had an awesome solo Genji play at point A of...Numbani?...consisting of 2 Widowmaker reflect kills, slashing a Mercy flying away and outflanking a Tracer. All while the rest of my team durdled around back at spawn.

Much better at him than McCree where I think I average like 1 fan the hammer kill per game.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ugh, I need to get recording worked out.

PotG with Zarya. Solo pentakill attacking Anubis B. The only reason the map didn't end right there was the damn Torbjorn who survived (out of ult range) and had Molten up.

Double Torbjorn is fucking dumb.

But still. Gravity bomb>shield self (they immediately unloaded at me and filled me to like 80%)>alt fire the mass and they died in like 3 seconds flat.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Volk_guyVolk_guy Registered User regular
    Yep...I bought it. Damn fun, though.

First game I played as Bastion and got the Play of the Game. The post-game stuff in this game is just awesome. I love the Play of the Game and I love how it tracks your stats on things like Roadhog's hook accuracy.

Annnnd then in my second game I get my shit stomped. Womp.

• Options
    Torbjorn comic is out: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20117367

Really makes me want a Mann vs Machine mode.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

So Overwatch's setting has giant, skyscraper sized robots called Titans?

I think 40k called, it wants royalties.

• Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

Just play Bastion/Genji/Zenyatta/Pharah/D.Va/Torbjorn vs Hanzo/Zarya/Lucio/McCree/Mei/Tracer
    Burnage wrote: »

If you look through the windows at attack spawn of...Hanamura I think...you can see the big robots in the city in the distance.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

You can see them in the background of the Volskoya zones.

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    This game really shines as a group. Just had some great games with a 6 stack against another of similar skill, pretty much traded games back and forth for a while.

This game is so much better in a group that I honestly have problems playing solo. I can usually do one or two matches before I say "well I'll hop on later when there's some people playing" and quit.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

You can see them in the background of the Russia map, striding around. Zarya's flavor text in Nigeria includes her saying that they are foolish to trust the Omnics, which makes me think that Russia in the midst of a war against the robots.

• Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    I just picked this up, and don't really have any idea what's going on (although there sure is a lot of it). I played a game against an easy AI team--were my teammates other humans, or also bots? And what's the screen at the end where a bunch of cards show up and then they are... clicked on? The word "commend" popped up when I moused over those. Is this a "pat your teammates on the back" thing? Do they get anything from it?

Also, what is required to advance the payload? Do I have to be near it, or just prevent any opponents from being near it?

I haven't played a shooter (other than Mechwarrior, which is kind of different) since... Halo II, so there are probably genre conventions I'm not immediately recognizing, here.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Gah, is my Lucio options bugged? I get zero hero specific options for him on xbox.
    6l5d4kot3tlf.jpg

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Bought the game not sight unseen, but gameplay unaware. Holyshit. Blizzards version of TF2?! Game just got infinite value for me.

Also the game looks fucking amazing on the PS4 and makes me wish for a total conversion of World of Warcraft.

Just finished the tutorial and running around the training grounds with the Support classes, and I can say the all (to me) play fantastically different. I wish Dee Jay. . .I mean Lucio didn't look so stupid with the default skin though. About to jump back in with the AI and try out Mercy though as she looks closest to The Doctor from TF2 in usage. The other two support though look amazing. Ugh. The curse of choice.

Finally, can I say again how amazing this game looks. The character skins are incredible. Like legit incredible. Mercy is definitely a favorite, followed by Zenyatta and Junkrat? I bought some lootboxes (had money in my wallet) and managed to pull a legendary for the Dwarf which actually looks really cool. But they really outdid themselves with these skins, and it just provides another way for them to continuously add content. However with 21 starting characters, the value is already there in spades.

TLDR: Definitely not regretting purchase and I haven't even played against anyone.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    whenever people go off on their own and don't have any team cohesion that is by far the most frustrating thing in the game

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    whenever people go off on their own and don't have any team cohesion that is by far the most frustrating thing in the game

In other news, water is wet! I kid, I kid. You are right though. Nothing is worse than trying to play as a team as the only one that wants to play as a team. I don't care what the picks are, what our comp is or even how good people are at their selected hero as long as they're trying to play as a team. I don't even care if we win or lose!

Your pain, I feels it.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Carpy wrote: »
    Gah, is my Lucio options bugged? I get zero hero specific options for him on xbox.
    6l5d4kot3tlf.jpg

That's weird, I'd swear I distinctly recall deciding to not set mine. I'll check my settings to compare...

Edit: Well, if you're bugged, I am too. That or there never was one and I'm like, hallucinating it or something.

dporowski on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

noobs get matched with noobs, working as intended

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I just picked this up, and don't really have any idea what's going on (although there sure is a lot of it). I played a game against an easy AI team--were my teammates other humans, or also bots? And what's the screen at the end where a bunch of cards show up and then they are... clicked on? The word "commend" popped up when I moused over those. Is this a "pat your teammates on the back" thing? Do they get anything from it?

Also, what is required to advance the payload? Do I have to be near it, or just prevent any opponents from being near it?

I haven't played a shooter (other than Mechwarrior, which is kind of different) since... Halo II, so there are probably genre conventions I'm not immediately recognizing, here.

There does not seem to be any reward for commendations at the end of the match. Unless there's a hidden reward, commendations give nothing but warm fuzzies.

To advance the payload, you need someone from your team to be near it and for no opponents to be nearby contesting it.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Fine games tonight, a few PotGs as Junkrat and Soldier, and my first legendary skin (happily Sharkbait for Roadhog :3).

Will be down for more team matchmaking magic tomorrow evening.

488W936.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I had even more fun tonight! Good games everyone! My favorite personal play didn't get POTG, but it was fun for me:

https://youtu.be/qWKI5flcbVs

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    JUSSS TICE

raining from all angles yall

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Last time I play support for pubs that refuse to do it themselves. No one will, so I pick Lucio. We end up eventually winning despite a team of snipers and reapers. I show up on the commendations screen: MVP, 70% of the match on fire. Awesome!

Zero commendations. Seven go to the enemy Phara.

Thanks pubs.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I've discovered that pubs love fighting anywhere but on the objective in KotH maps. I'll be with the group on say, Lucio, and then right as I enter the objective I notice I'm the only one there, the rest of them decided to go chase down a Widowmaker who was down on the ground on the other side of the map.

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Last time I play support for pubs that refuse to do it themselves. No one will, so I pick Lucio. We end up eventually winning despite a team of snipers and reapers. I show up on the commendations screen: MVP, 70% of the match on fire. Awesome!

Thanks pubs.

Commending your healer is just a courtesy that comes with experience I think, new players don't know that it's expected.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Thanks pubs.

I've noticed "on fire" and "X gold medals earned" barely ever get voted for, probably because it's not totally clear what they actually mean?

This discussion has been closed.