Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I've got a new favorite thing to hate besides players who pick classes they suck at and won't play anything else: players who will only ever play one class ever and quit if somebody else picks it first.

By this, I mean Widow players, because I keep seeing people pop into the team roster, pick Widow instantly, see someone else is already playing Widow, and then just leave.

Just... pick another class. Widowmaker is nowhere near universally useful, so why the hell would anybody count on only playing her always?

Cuz n00bs love to snipe for some reason I can't fathom.

the reason is "one shot, one kill"

feels good man

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    This is the 2nd time my group has faced off against another full PA group in matchmaking. The games are always super fun, but strange that we queue up against each other so often.

The matchmaker intentionally tries to match you with and against your friends.

Your Welcome in advance for helping to make all your PotGs memorable ones.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    This is the 2nd time my group has faced off against another full PA group in matchmaking. The games are always super fun, but strange that we queue up against each other so often.

If this is true, it genuinely makes me happy.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I wish you could open multiple loot boxes at once.

No, no. You must be disappointed with your single blue and 3 commons boxes slowly (all sprays), one at a time, to let the pain really sink in.

I actually still wince a bit every time I open a box, because before I got this new Mobo and CPU, my comp was black screen into rebooting very often while playing overwatch. It would most often happen when I would go to open a box.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

LIES!

Her dmg isn't really impressive. She struggles with tanks because she can't burst them down even when frozen (and Reinhardt's shield blocks her completely). Even as Tracer, you just need to control space and stay out of range. I killed a Mei yesterday by shooting her while running backwards while she chased after me, just out of range while she died.

If you're having trouble with Mei, then swap to a longer range character or Zarya (her shields clear the freeze effect and you can just beam Mei down).

Honestly, no character is oppressive at this stage imho now that I've started swapping to Winston against good Tracers and Widowmakers. Why hello, squishy target! I just want to be your friend (zap zap zap).

zarya v mei is a 5-5 matchup at best

your shield blocks freeze but it's only for two seconds, then she icebergs and goes back up to full health, and then you're screwed if you don't disengage

the only way you can come out ahead is if you go into it with 50+ energy

You don't need to kill her, and you take her out of action while you get to range once she ice blocks.

It's not all about killing people, it's about controlling space and Zarya can zone out a Mei most of the time.

and in exchange she took off a bunch of health and put one of your abilities on cd

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I would legitimately play no Hanzo/Widowmaker Overwatch all day if that was a game mode. Zero hesitation.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

LIES!

Her dmg isn't really impressive. She struggles with tanks because she can't burst them down even when frozen (and Reinhardt's shield blocks her completely). Even as Tracer, you just need to control space and stay out of range. I killed a Mei yesterday by shooting her while running backwards while she chased after me, just out of range while she died.

If you're having trouble with Mei, then swap to a longer range character or Zarya (her shields clear the freeze effect and you can just beam Mei down).

Honestly, no character is oppressive at this stage imho now that I've started swapping to Winston against good Tracers and Widowmakers. Why hello, squishy target! I just want to be your friend (zap zap zap).

Yes please do that, because the best thing is outsniping snipers as Mei.

Those Icecycles do great damage at range. I can very reliably take out Widows on Mei because her large HP + ice block allow me to survive making a mistake and getting hit. I don't even bother with the ice wall to make them relocate. I just keep making them think they can get me then oops ice head shot you dead.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I would legitimately play no Hanzo/Widowmaker Overwatch all day if that was a game mode. Zero hesitation.

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

Seriously, why won't people consider custom games :(. I kind of wish they had done the thing other FPS games do and make it so you create custom game rooms and people can scroll through a list of them and join them like that, instead of needing to invite all people who want to play.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    my best potg today was fat scouting roadhog from the catwalks in the hangar on gibraltar and doing my best impression of reaper as I dropped down and whole hogged 4 guys including their mercy and ending it by killing their roadhog that ran around the corner to huff paint.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Also, Sharkbait roadhog is the best simply for "GWA HA HAAA HAA HAHAARRR....Matey."

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular

LIES!

zarya v mei is a 5-5 matchup at best

your shield blocks freeze but it's only for two seconds, then she icebergs and goes back up to full health, and then you're screwed if you don't disengage

the only way you can come out ahead is if you go into it with 50+ energy

You don't need to kill her, and you take her out of action while you get to range once she ice blocks.

It's not all about killing people, it's about controlling space and Zarya can zone out a Mei most of the time.

and in exchange she took off a bunch of health and put one of your abilities on cd

That's not a big deal. A lot of your health is shields so it regens, and your cooldowns are not bad. I haven't found it to be a bad matchup but ymmv

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

LIES!

Yes please do that, because the best thing is outsniping snipers as Mei.

Those Icecycles do great damage at range. I can very reliably take out Widows on Mei because her large HP + ice block allow me to survive making a mistake and getting hit. I don't even bother with the ice wall to make them relocate. I just keep making them think they can get me then oops ice head shot you dead.

You must play against awful snipers, lol, but sure, if you're that good, then power to you :)

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

If this is true, it genuinely makes me happy.

If it isn't true, then me and everyone else I know have been having extraordinarily good luck.

The very first game of Overwatch I played on launch day was against a buddy of mine.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    This game needs votemap in such a bad way.

Edit: That would explain why I've been matched up with PA people or friends so often. I felt like it was far too often for coincidence.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Volk_guyVolk_guy Registered User regular
    Wasn't sure about buying this during the open beta. It was fun, but I wasn't sure I wanted to drop money on it.

I'll probably break down and buy by the end of the day, I'd say. What are most people playing on?

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Volk_guy wrote: »
    Wasn't sure about buying this during the open beta. It was fun, but I wasn't sure I wanted to drop money on it.

I'll probably break down and buy by the end of the day, I'd say. What are most people playing on?

I would say PC based solely on random samplings of this thread. I've got 88 PA folks and counting added to my friends list just from the google doc.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    One time a Mei almost froze me while I played Pharah and I refused to go out like that so I ulted her and she did not react fast enough to avoid a Macros barrage of missiles

That was one of my favorite moments

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

Seriously, why won't people consider custom games :(. I kind of wish they had done the thing other FPS games do and make it so you create custom game rooms and people can scroll through a list of them and join them like that, instead of needing to invite all people who want to play.

And that's why people ignore it: because it's pretty much unreasonable to put a custom game together. :P

• Options
    InqInq Registered User regular

There is just that mode... sometimes. About half the brawls are No Snipers Allowed:

Justice Rains From Above: Pharah and Mercy take to the skies.
    We're All Soldiers Now: Soldier: 76 takes command of the Control Maps.
    High Noon: It's high noon on Route 66. Headshots with McCree only.
    Show Your Support: All support heroes. Limited to two of the same per team.
    Tanks a Lot: All tank heroes. Limited to two of the same per team.
    Highly Offensive: All offense heroes. Limited to two of the same per team.
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: McCree, Reaper, and Roadhog duke it out.

• Options
    Stasis wrote: »

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

And that's why people ignore it: because it's pretty much unreasonable to put a custom game together. :P

Oh yes the "it needs to be instant gratification to be worth it" of today.

It isn't THAT hard to organize it. The only difficult thing is people generally dismissing it because reasons.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

It isn't THAT hard to organize it. The only difficult thing is people generally dismissing it because reasons.

Somebody get me the president of Bungie!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to have to restrict my playtime to the evenings when there's a bunch of PA/Friends playing in order to preserve my sanity. The amount of pubs who don't get into voice comms, refuse to wait to move together and insist on pushing one-by-one into the grinder is causing some uncomfortably angry moments in my gaming.

• Options

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

I have probably about 50 people from the PA Overwatch crew on my friends list. At any given time, less than half of them are playing. Of those, there might be 5 or 6 at any given time who aren't already in a group.

Then I have to convince those 5 or 6 - which already is only half a game's worth of people - to play a custom match that doesn't allow certain heroes.

It's not millenialssolazy

It's that the numbers aren't there.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I've got a new favorite thing to hate besides players who pick classes they suck at and won't play anything else: players who will only ever play one class ever and quit if somebody else picks it first.

By this, I mean Widow players, because I keep seeing people pop into the team roster, pick Widow instantly, see someone else is already playing Widow, and then just leave.

Just... pick another class. Widowmaker is nowhere near universally useful, so why the hell would anybody count on only playing her always?

Cuz n00bs love to snipe for some reason I can't fathom.
    Because they can't walk and position properly so they pick a class where they think this is less important. Unfortunately, they can often barely aim better than the other two skills, so you get widows that walk into the second room in volskaya and try to snipe while bastion and pharrah unload and kill them in a second

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    This game just excels putting out really fun, cinematic moments.

Playing as Lucio this morning, we're bearing down on a control point with not long to go, enemy team are at 96% and we're at aboit 60 and we keep getting picked off individually due to lack of coordination.

We FINALLY get our shit together and group as a team near the point but nobody's taking the initiative, so I just go "fuck it" and lead the charge and hit my ult, universal Overwatch code for "ATTACK NOW".

Our Winston must have got the memo, because I barely had time to finish shouting "Let's break it DOWN!" before a burning invincible rage monkey flies over my head from behind me, landing perfectly on the point and running around wrecking people's shit like a true scientist.

A brief pause from our remaining teammates whilst their brains try to process how awesome that moment looked and sounded, and then suddenly they all follow me in on the charge like I'm fucking Braveheart.

We took the point with the enemy team at 98% and we held it for the win.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Yeah that is why they JUST came out with this magical thing called the forums!

You post in advance that you would like to do the thing, everyone agrees on a time, then you spend an hour or two doing it.

Of COURSE when people are just logging in whenever, it will never work.

Also there are certainly many many more than 5-6 people playing on some nights. Just a lot of them are playing alone because they don't really wanna wait a little bit for a group to start (and even more, don't want to start one themselves).

But I get it, there are about a million excuses for not doing it and at least 75% of them are self fulfilling prophecies. Some people are just against in houses, which is why I wish it could auto fill at least the other side.

I am just bitter if I want to play around with all those options vs actual HUMANS I might have to resort to something like Reddit. It is damn near impossible to organize things on PA anymore.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

I don't want to play custom games, sorry. I'll be hopping into ranked when it opens up. No desire to play custom games. Maybe do brawls once in a while for fun, though I don't have a lot of desire to do that either.

I promise it's not because I have no attention span. :-p

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Anyone on PS4 want to group up? Fleety and I need to be saved from the terrible pubbies who don't know what an objective is, psn is AHermano

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

You post in advance that you would like to do the thing, everyone agrees on a time, then you spend an hour or two doing it.

Also there are certainly many many more than 5-6 people playing on some nights. Just a lot of them are playing alone because they don't really wanna wait a little bit for a group to start (and even more, don't want to start one themselves).

But I get it, there are about a million excuses for not doing it and at least 75% of them are self fulfilling prophecies. Some people are just against in houses, which is why I wish it could auto fill at least the other side.

I am just bitter if I want to play around with all those options vs actual HUMANS I might have to resort to something like Reddit. It is damn near impossible to organize things on PA anymore.

Lots of people aren't able to predict super far in advance when they will be able to play.

Also stop being condescending please :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

You literally responded to @Knight_ wanting a no-snipers game mode by suggesting that he use forums to coordinate his games ahead of time.

Yes, that's unreasonable.

• Options

You literally responded to @Knight_ wanting a no-snipers game mode by suggesting that he use forums to coordinate his games ahead of time.

Yes, that's unreasonable.

I've found I can get a no snipers game by switching to winston and falling on them like a burning house

• Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Anyone else having trouble finding a game? I choose standard battle, it puts me in a skirmish for 30 seconds to a minute, then tells me there aren't enough players and boots me out to put me in another skirmish. Annoying

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    That happened to me too. It stopped after like 3 or 4 minutes.

And sorry for the attitude, it is just REALLY frustrating to not be able to play a way I would like to play because it requires real people and the one place I always found them no longer works.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Dude I don't know who you think you're arguing with but maybe you need to chill because this response is way more angry than any post on this page has justified...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also, I'm gonna share a secret with you guys.This is a pro level secret.
    Whenever you're on attack and the spawn room has an exit that's high up, go Widow and have a teammate go Winston.
    Right as the match starts have him drop his shield and then jump off into the distance and go to town sniping.
    Defending snipers will line up to snipe you when they see you through the door, only to have a shield pop up as they fire and get their faces shot off by you.

Countersecret which is obviously vastly superior: pick Genji, let a sniper line up the headshot, deflect the shot as the doors open.

You have now shamed them and their entire clan.

I usually wait up there as Reaper and just blast their face off a couple seconds after the doors open and they're distracted.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also, I'm gonna share a secret with you guys.This is a pro level secret.
    Whenever you're on attack and the spawn room has an exit that's high up, go Widow and have a teammate go Winston.
    Right as the match starts have him drop his shield and then jump off into the distance and go to town sniping.
    Defending snipers will line up to snipe you when they see you through the door, only to have a shield pop up as they fire and get their faces shot off by you.

Countersecret which is obviously vastly superior: pick Genji, let a sniper line up the headshot, deflect the shot as the doors open.

You have now shamed them and their entire clan.

I usually wait up there as Reaper and just blast their face off a couple seconds after the doors open and they're distracted.

I usually get sniped cause im distracted by the Mercy behind the Bastion... I am very good at video games.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Err reinhardt. Why did I think bastion?

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

I don't want to play custom games, sorry. I'll be hopping into ranked when it opens up. No desire to play custom games. Maybe do brawls once in a while for fun, though I don't have a lot of desire to do that either.

I promise it's not because I have no attention span. :-p

We making a team?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Also, Sharkbait roadhog is the best simply for "GWA HA HAAA HAA HAHAARRR....Matey."

Wait, really? I may need that skin now.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    So, I'm on GMT+12 time, making it hard to coordinate with a lot of you PA'ers :(

Does anyone play nights? 6pm here is 2am EST / 11pm PST. Should I not be playing on NA servers, maybe? What do?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
This discussion has been closed.