As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who (or What) is the Most Iconic Villain of All Time?

123457»

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Dracula
    no, he's legally an elemental fused with earthly flesh in bindings from the demonlord Grizbrad.

At least in as far as my documents go. Mecha-Dracula, maybe.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Dracula
    I had to be honest and pick Dracula.

But.

I was sorely tempted to pick other and starting ranting that "ALL SHALL KNEEL BEFORE DOOM."

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Other (please specify)
    Literally cannot read.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Dracula
    All I know about Baba Yaga is there's a Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC based around it that I haven't played yet

You totally need to go get the Quest for glory games on like gog, or steam (or this current humble bundle, is probably cheaper)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    anyway this animal argument is a classic example of the misuse of "villain" as a synonym for "antagonist"

I'd argue it's more illustrative of people equating modern perspectives on animal thought with classical anthropomorphization, though they are not the same

A wolf would be an antagonist in a story now

Clasically, that motherfucker was a villain

why would i not have the modern perspective i am in the modern era

The title is asking for "of all time"

Expand your horizons to further back than the last two centuries, poll

Edit: Also while I'm at it, maybe a bit outside of the Anglocentric pop culture

then it's man!

every non-human entity would say it's man!

Wait "I needed a gnome to post." did you read "Anglocentric" as "anthrocentric"

i don't remember what i posted yesterday and you expect me to recall my state of mind two months ago

liEt3nH.png