As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TITANFALL 2 | The Frontier is Worth Every Part of This Fight! | EA buys Respawn

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Ever wanted to grapple good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cviVhtoAiME

you are now a grapple master

Good luck doing this on a controller
    :(

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Man, of all the fun things in this game, its spawn system continues to be not one of them.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Man, of all the fun things in this game, its spawn system continues to be not one of them.

I've certainly come across worse in other games, such as Destiny (Rift was particularly awful), so while it could be better, I think it does a decent enough job in finding a place that doesn't result in immediate death, considering how mobile everyone is and how there aren't many places that don't have lots of sight lines.

I remember watching a stream of one of the member's of Eurogamer playing the latest Modern Warfare, and he looked thoroughly dejected by the end of it; the number of times he'd spawn and then die within 1-2 secs from being shot from behind, I lost count of.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    A D- is better than an F, but it still needs a lot of improvement.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    It's much easier to break out of a spawn trap in Titanfall 2 than almost any other game I have ever played

If Titans have you trapped, pick your anti Titan class, with either the fire star or the flash bangs

Those blind Titans

• Options
    Soooo.... kicking them in the kneecaps is not worth it? Fuck, I've been doing it wrong this whole god damn time. Why the hell aren't I notified about these things?!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Played a dozen-ish matches today and ran Car or Alternator with Grapple and attempted hijinks like in that video. I've come to two conclusions...

1) I will never be able to pull off those hijinks with a controller. A mouse is probably necessary for that level of precision, but today was probably the highest mobility I've ever had.

2) This is probably how the game is meant to be played. With a complete disregard for what I though was normal positioning I just spiderman'd around shooting at shit and easily mashed out top score in most of the matches I played, with the best being a 150 in attrition.

My biggest concern was always that flying around like that would make me more visible and therefore an easier target... the opposite was true. I became very hard to hit and just had to focus on hipfiring for kills as I swooped past my foes.

Also Kamakaze Ronin nukefest is the best. I chained together four Titan drops by just nuking opposing titans in one match. I dropped in, did as much damage as possible, nuked an enemy titan and had another before I landed. In less than a minute cleared all four enemy titans that were up and left my team with a free field to run around in with their Titans.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ... also this.

adsysc0rkia9.png

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    That's great that something is changing with the devotion

It's ttk is way too short for an automatic weapon

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    I was pondering about how best to go about nerfing the little fella.

Perhaps an even slower windup could work. I find myself when I'm using it up close that unless I'm against someone with a shotgun or a really high fire rate SMG then the startup bullets do just fine at downing people.

• Options
    Campy wrote: »

Perhaps an even slower windup could work. I find myself when I'm using it up close that unless I'm against someone with a shotgun or a really high fire rate SMG then the startup bullets do just fine at downing people.
    Increase the recoil and devotion becomes harder to use. The stability from any distance is what makes it such a superior weapon.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Increase the recoil and devotion becomes harder to use. The stability from any distance is what makes it such a superior weapon.

Agreed... messing around with Kraber yesterday and being outgunned at that effective range by devotion users. I thought it needs an adjustment

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    It's like a laser once it gets spun up.

The only negative is that you glow like the sun on the minimap.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Are any of you PS4 peeps still playing this game?

The white suit looks pretty damn good

It's too bad I'm so mediocre with the grapple and the holo pilot, as those two classes have the most Storm Trooper appearance.

Which weapons are hit scan? Which are projectile? Which ones are the most connection dependent?

Noooooooo

Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5un9uf/full_patch_notes_for_live_fire_update/

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Update on Live Fire: Patch delayed during certification, no release date set. However, full patch notes for the update were released: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

Lots of good changes in there. Tone getting bodied, more Faction intros, Scorch gets a nice QoL change (added a projectile path when you ADS), Featured Playlists which are time-limited 2xXP playlists with limited time modes (Live Fire will be a Featured mode, won't be permanent).

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    So I finally got my hands on this game. Going on cold on the PS4, this is going to be 'fun'.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    "Added Film Grain Slider"

Oh god finally.

Edit: A bunch of Ronin pilots suddenly got horrible headaches and they don't know why yet...
    "Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter."

Campy on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Edit: A bunch of Ronin pilots suddenly got horrible headaches and they don't know why yet...

*runs off to get some popcorn*

This is going to be good.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I just feel really bad for folks who will never get to have the pleasure of landing straight into a titan from the air after you nuke eject.

That shit feels epic.

• Options

Oh god finally.

Yeah

yeah

yeah

Hi

This is me

• Options
    I dunno if they should have totally removed the nuke eject meter build. It definitely needed to be capped, at like maybe 40-50%, but the fact that it now gets you nothing is too much.

• Options
    Yeah

It's high risk, becuase to do it, you need to be doomed

Which means you're one button press away from being executed by your opponent

So I think a high reward is totally OK in this situation

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    At the same time, outplaying somebody until they are doomed and they dash forward twice and phase into a nuke as you get trapped in the blast by mindless teammates bodyblocking you feels terrible. Killing somebody shouldn't come with them killing you and returning with full health so easily. It's a huge reward, and the times it works are either new players who don't know better or experienced players trapped by things outside their control.

At least Northstar has a mechanic for tethering people that can be counterplayed

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    All of these changes are good.

They nerfed Tone and improved the dashes of the titans that I like dashing with. And nerfed the Devotion.

Free Titans from nuclear eject will sorely be missed. But it's fair... I guess...

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    I'm saddened by the nuke eject change, but after abusing the hell out of it recently it's got to be healthy for the game. Being able to take down an enemy Titan when you die is really reward enough... doubling down by having a fresh Titan before you land was definitely busted.

Tone got hammered... I'm curious to see how it handles after the changes. I'm finding that outside of Ronin and Scorch I really don't like how the other Titan kits handle.

That's ok though... Nose art just means I can rock that evil grin nose art on my Prime Scorch now :twisted:

Lastly, PA/PS4 side is largely dead on the times that I'm online... I haven't played with anyone in a couple of weeks and I never see anyone online from PA. The playerbase on my node or whatever usually shows 8-9k players online in the afternoon here (PST) and north of 10k in primetime, so the game isn't dead by any means... I just miss the chatter while I'm shooting mans.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    If I've read things right they sorted out the dash recharge rate meaning you can now pick the third dash without it being a trap.

So you know, there is a buff for Ronin in this patch.

Honestly I've always felt it too much of a swing to nuke your Titan, get a kill and get a brand new Titan back.

You'll still get all the money against a Bounty kill and you'll still have a grunt round to get your Titan back. I don't think it's going to be that bad although as said you'll lose that feeling if ejecting and then landing in a new Titan.

If things don't work out, it can always be changed; Respawn are supporting this game pretty well tbh.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Those changes are all great, I've mostly been playing For Honor this week but I'll be picking this back up when this patch arrives

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    One thing to note, it does say "Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter." Emphasis mine. I wonder if you will still get a portion of meter towards your next Titan if you actually get a kill with it.

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    I'm finally playing the single player campaign

It's great

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I just snagged this for Xbone if anyone wants to Spider-Mang with me tonight or whenever

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'm saddened by the nuke eject change, but after abusing the hell out of it recently it's got to be healthy for the game. Being able to take down an enemy Titan when you die is really reward enough... doubling down by having a fresh Titan before you land was definitely busted.

Tone got hammered... I'm curious to see how it handles after the changes. I'm finding that outside of Ronin and Scorch I really don't like how the other Titan kits handle.

That's ok though... Nose art just means I can rock that evil grin nose art on my Prime Scorch now :twisted:

Lastly, PA/PS4 side is largely dead on the times that I'm online... I haven't played with anyone in a couple of weeks and I never see anyone online from PA. The playerbase on my node or whatever usually shows 8-9k players online in the afternoon here (PST) and north of 10k in primetime, so the game isn't dead by any means... I just miss the chatter while I'm shooting mans.

I've been caught up with some srsbznz the last couple weeks or so and haven't had any time to play much of anything. The little bit of time I have had has been bouncing between TF, ESO and Division, since I haven't seen too many people on at the time. Hoping to be able to pick up some more play time here very soon so hopefully you will see me around (for whatever that is worth :? )

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Those changes are all great, I've mostly been playing For Honor this week but I'll be picking this back up when this patch arrives

At the risk of derailing a thread...how is it? I have heard conflicting reports. Some people really seem to dig it, others think it is wonky and a major grind laden with micro transactions. Normally hitting stuff with swords is my jam so I have been on the fence.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

At the risk of derailing a thread...how is it? I have heard conflicting reports. Some people really seem to dig it, others think it is wonky and a major grind laden with micro transactions. Normally hitting stuff with swords is my jam so I have been on the fence.

I've only managed to play it a few evenings (as I have a 3 week year old girl who sometimes gives me a decent night sleep, and sometimes doesn't), but I'd say it's....pretty good?

I'm absolutely awful at For Honor mind, and I don't know if I'll ever be good enough (it always seems to take a while for me to get decent at a game) to know how to play one character well enough and know how to fight all the others, so it might all be beyond me.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of match-making in terms of skill, or gear checks, the servers have had little hiccups over the last few days, although yesterday evening it was absolutely fine, and there seem to be a few bugs that make things unpleasant (there is currently one bug that means you can't block attacks from a particular character, although I've not come across many playing that character so it really isn't an issue at the moment), but the game has been out a week, so it is probably unfair of me to cite these problems when there hasn't been much time to respond to any of these issues.

I guess I'd say I'm happy enough to have bought it, but I'm glad I didn't buy the season pass for it, if only to see what kind of support the game gets in terms of new content, how quickly bugs are sorted out, and how often classes / skills are balanced.

The grind I'd rather wasn't there, but I think you could get a class (16 atm) up to max. level (and thus all of its skills) in 2 good gaming sessions; gear....I've no idea how important it is. I feel sometimes that I've lost to someone because they had better gear (which in turn allowed them to proc revenge more quickly than me), but again, I'm rubbish and it could most likely be me being "salty".

The microtransactions don't seem to be an issue atm; you don't want to buy "lootboxes" until you hit the level cap, so I've not spent any of my in-game currency and thus don't know how generous the game is; nor do I obviously know how much any new stuff will cost.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Holy shit the climax of the single player campaign

So good

The rest of it was good too, especially the bromance with BT and the fastball specials

And the jump kit assisted parkour

Wow

I hope one of the expansions gives us a map in the air, like that one black ops 3 map

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Oh god finally.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fuck
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Free Titans from nuclear eject will sorely be missed. But it's fair... I guess...
    No, it is not. There was a massive risk with doing it, and as the game has progressed, people for the most part have wised up and learned to avoid that shit. UGH! I'm not pleased with this at all. It's like they listened to a bunch of whiny babies complain and now they overdid it, which is funny considering how that's what they were trying to avoid by not telling people the exact stats of what they were changing. They should have nerfed it a bit and then adjusted instead of a full-blown removal. If they felt it was that broken, why did it take this long to address? I think they fucked up on this one.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    I just snagged this for Xbone if anyone wants to Spider-Mang with me tonight or whenever
    I'll be on tonight. Totally down for playing with anyone in here.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    squall99x wrote: »

I think the core gameplay is fantastic, the 1 on 1 fights feel great, there's a good variety of characters. The bigger game modes I'm not enjoying quite as much, there's been quite a lot of connection issues, people constantly quitting messes the games up a bit.

There's a lot of grinding for cosmetic unlocks, more even than Titanfall, but none of it's necessary and the microtransactions are just ways of speeding the grind up, so eh. I can see why people don't like that stuff and they're definitely charging too much when it's a full price release already, but it's easy enough to ignore

The duels are so much fun though, I can't emphasize that enough

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Nuclear ejecting killing your opponent who should have killed you is the point of nuclear ejecting, not a free heal on top of that. Saying people wising up to nuclear ejects somehow makes it okay is like claiming Tone is fine since people have so much experience playing against her. It is a problem, and it needed fixing.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    There is no risk to nuclear ejecting; you're far more likely to eject than find yourself being executed (and the nuclear eject going off is a dead cert if you have phase reflex on Ronin).

I highly doubt the nuclear eject has anything to do with player vs player and was more down to how effective it was in Bounty in killing Bounty titans. It was putting people off the mode.

There are plenty of experienced players / streamers who thought it was a problem in Bounty and I'd agree with them to be honest (my Ronin is almost G10). Whether this is the right nerf or not, time will tell, but something had to be done otherwise people were going to stop playing (the best) mode.

Honestly it's almost a buff for lots of players because they might stop picking nuclear eject for Titans completely unsuited for it.

I'd also go far as to say it's a crutch for Ronin but he was unlikely to get any buffs until nuclear eject had been nerfed.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    I'm not saying nothing should have been done. I'm arguing that they went to extremes. Just my opinion, but they should have nerfed it, not removed it.