As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Friday the 13th : The Game] - Jason lives ... you wont. Out now PS4/Steam/Xbone

• Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    One of the big things in that new video is the ability to run over other counselors in the car now. Sure there's griefing potential, but nothing was worse than being stopped dead in your tracks by a lone survivor upset that they didn't get a seat.
    Although there was that one time I got the four seater working and left everyone to die, quite literally. Their screams as I drove off into the distance make me laugh haunt me to this day.

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Hodder's Jason always reminded me of the Terminator. He is by far my favorite Jason. Derek Mears was pretty damned good too. Is his Jason confirmed in the game? Should be the fastest of the Jasons.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Hodder's Jason always reminded me of the Terminator. He is by far my favorite Jason. Derek Mears was pretty damned good too. Is his Jason confirmed in the game? Should be the fastest of the Jasons.

Remake Jason? I don't think he is in the list of Kickstarted Jason, but I think Remake Jason was in the Backer Survey we filled out with our console of preference and how we want our name in the credits.

Far as Jason's not confirmed I think we are missing Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs Jason, and Remake Jason.

That's not to say they couldn't come out later depending on the success of the game. They've kept things open for adding content post launch it seems.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Hullabaloo wrote: »
    One of the big things in that new video is the ability to run over other counselors in the car now. Sure there's griefing potential, but nothing was worse than being stopped dead in your tracks by a lone survivor upset that they didn't get a seat.
    Although there was that one time I got the four seater working and left everyone to die, quite literally. Their screams as I drove off into the distance make me laugh haunt me to this day.

I still love the match where Jason pulled me from the car as we drove by and as he had me I stabbed him in the neck with the pocket knife and ran like Jason was chasing after me (which surprisingly he wasn't as someone was closer) and hid out until the police arrived. Made a mad dash to the fuzz and this time Jason was shifting and morphing to catch me, must have over or undershot me as I got away. The person who was behind me wasn't so lucky.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options

Remake Jason? I don't think he is in the list of Kickstarted Jason, but I think Remake Jason was in the Backer Survey we filled out with our console of preference and how we want our name in the credits.

Far as Jason's not confirmed I think we are missing Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs Jason, and Remake Jason.

That's not to say they couldn't come out later depending on the success of the game. They've kept things open for adding content post launch it seems.

VS Jason would likely be the slowest. Jason in Goes to Hell was fairly forgettable as far as design went, and was in the movie so little it would be difficult to accurately give him stats. Uber Jason would likely be OP as all get out, and would make sense as a perk or power up.

Mears seems like he would gladly do some mocap if asked, especially if Kane did the asking/sales pitch.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Uber Jason should be a melee powerhouse. Maybe an easily escaped grab (low internal/hidden composure stat) but Strength should be 11/10. He should be able to wound a counselor in one hit, and kill with a second. His walk speed should also be buffed, but conversely would be the slowest in the water, and if possible, really susceptible to ice since that's how the characters found him. His rage (due to being uber) would be the fastest charging of all Jasons, but he could have a comparatively long Shift/Morph cooldown.

On certain maps, that could be a huge benefit. If they throw in the Space Station map from X, it could be a map full of long corridors with doors and such, but an Uber Jason would be able to break through most of the walls. Home advantage on his own map, but not so useful on a camp or urban map.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

Counselors were impassable objects in the beta?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I had no idea since I'm not a sociopath and never tried to turn my teammates into roadkill

• Options
    I had no idea since I'm not a sociopath and never tried to turn my teammates into roadkill

eehhh the preppy kid deserves to eat bumper.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    I don't have to be the fastest, I just have to be faster than you. Also, you can hurt eachother in the game for a reason. It's not a noble act, but neither is being turned into a flesh popsicle by Jason Voorhees.

• Options

Counselors were impassable objects in the beta?

That was indeed the case. Car would just come to a complete stop which was weird and awkward and i'm really glad they've changed it.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm the first to admit I'll leave people and drive off in the car if given a chance and I'd hobble another counselor if they're one of the runners and I'm one of the low stamina bat swingers.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm the first to admit I'll leave people and drive off in the car if given a chance and I'd hobble another counselor if they're one of the runners and I'm one of the low stamina bat swingers.

Your Dr Crews! Things don't end well for you.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I have a feeling a really forward-thinking murderer would go for you first, then come back for the cripple. Then again, you're probably not likely to meet many of those in pick-up games!

• Options
    Not necessarily, the one dressed more provocatively dies first, wounded or not.

• Options
  • Options
    So this will officially be the only new Friday the 13th entertainment we get this year, the movie and the TV show have been axed.

• Options
    So this will officially be the only new Friday the 13th entertainment we get this year, the movie and the TV show have been axed.

thank goodness, it would have been gritty shitty.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    The show sounded like twice baked dog shit. It was a mystery/detective show about a cop trying to find out what happened to his brother in Crystal Lake.

Just....just no.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Man the fact they didn't include a Pamela Voorhees character by default is a god damn crime.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    If you want the asymmetrical multiplayer experience and the wait for this is too long, Dead By Daylight just updated to unlock all features for friendly, non-ranked multiplayer matches. All perks, items, add-ons unlocked. Could be fun to try! I was never interested in that mode before because the disparity in levels made it really unbalanced, but the update changes that.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    If you want the asymmetrical multiplayer experience and the wait for this is too long, Dead By Daylight just updated to unlock all features for friendly, non-ranked multiplayer matches. All perks, items, add-ons unlocked. Could be fun to try! I was never interested in that mode before because the disparity in levels made it really unbalanced, but the update changes that.

Yeah. I've played a bunch of DBD and that seems like a good real good change. Perks are way too huge in terms of balance and take forever to unlock, so being able to just muck around with some friends should be a good time.

Though I did want to take this chance to gripe about my biggest problem with DBD, which is actually a philosophical design decision it makes. It does a lot to try and make itself a hyper competitive kind of game - which i feel is a problem for the 1 v x genre/formula. Like the language it uses at the end game for the killer sort of establishes my problem - where killing one-two people is called a petty/minor victory(I think? It's been a while) and it also sort of insults you for failing to kill anyone, coupled with the way the rank system worked and along with some other problem mechanics with the design has really lead to a toxic community. Ideally in a game like DBD the optimal result of a match should actually be two people dead - that way of the 5 people playing, three should be "happy".

Which is why after watching the latest pax panel the F13 guys did i'm pretty happy that they're in charge. They seemed to have the same opinion about 1vX games, where the focus shouldn't be on the competitive nature, it should be about the stories that come from an unbalanced situation like this, with the focus on your fight to escape Jason taking center stage, rather than it being focused on if you win or lose. The exp system in the beta always felt like I was rewarded for playing, rather than it being all about surviving (though you still got nice little bonus for doing so - but it wasn't like the worst thing ever to die. Compared to being sacrificed in DBD which gutted the amount of XP you got)

Also in regards to Pamela, that was a stretch goal, and may be something down the line - but would require a maaajor time investment to do right, so is unlikely to be a thing, especially due to her killing style and stature being very different to Jason's.

Hullabaloo on
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Man the fact they didn't include a Pamela Voorhees character by default is a god damn crime.

We might find her head in a fridge somewhere.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular

If this got a console release I would be super happy.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mhiNf47VIAc

Tom Savini designed a custom Jason for this

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    That would be pretty awesome, being chased down by a shadowy Jason with glowing eyes.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wait so they want you to preorder skins and clothing items and that's the only time they'll be for sale? That seems greedy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Wait so they want you to preorder skins and clothing items and that's the only time they'll be for sale? That seems greedy.

Originally this Jason was originally one of the Kickstarter stretch goals for Backers and then eventually the Slacker Backers. So it being made the preorder bonus seems fair.
    Otherwise you'd only see this skin when playing against any the backers.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Originally this Jason was originally one of the Kickstarter stretch goals for Backers and then eventually the Slacker Backers. So it being made the preorder bonus seems fair.

Its not a preorder bonus though, its you have to preorder purchase it according to that guy. So like you have to buy it in advance of the game seperate from the game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Its not a preorder bonus though, its you have to preorder purchase it according to that guy. So like you have to buy it in advance of the game seperate from the game.

If thats the case then this sounds like an extension of the slacker backer campaign. A last chance to get in before its to late. Its definately odd but seems to be an extension of the backer preorder generation.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Not too hot on that Jason skin anyway =/

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Sounds like the game is just waiting console certification
    http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3146-why-no-release-date-yet/

"So here’s my promise to you. Once we pass certification we are considered “Gold”. The very second that happens, we can release a date. The moment we hit “Gold” it will roughly be 30 days after that when the game is available for sell. So why not go ahead and take pre-orders via PS4, XB1 and Steam? Well, because they don’t allow preorders until we are 30 days from launch. Bigger, AAA, games have some leverage here, which is why you see pre-orders months and months before target launch. They have a relationship with MS, Sony and Valve. We’re the little guys, so we’re treated a little differently. It’s the nature of the beast. Sony has been a little more open to this idea and we’re working with them now to see if we can get a larger pre-order window. "

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    If I were going to get game anyway (signs lead to yes), it'd be on PC, not on my console.

I kind of want to see what some of these DLC costumes and counselor clothes look like though before I go dropping $10 for them.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I'm definitely getting it on console.

• Options
    I kickstarted it for the Xbox myself.
    If I remember correctly I get both the special Jason and the Clothing pack so if you remind me I can make some upload clips if you want to see them in motion.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    PC for me. Loved the beta.

• Options
    PS4 for me, sadly. I need to update my system, but college takes up so much time that I can't justify the cost of an upgrade for a game I'll get to play maybe once or twice a week.

(Need to upgrade mobo, RAM, CPU, and video card)

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Pc of course

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Seems like people were pretty positive on the beta. Is the game shaping up to be $60 good?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Seems like people were pretty positive on the beta. Is the game shaping up to be $60 good?

Hmmm that is a good question, I kickstarted it for way more than 60. Normally I would say 60 is too much for a single player game but I have been really impressed with what these guys have done and there is a single player mode coming after launch.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041