As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DS roguelike] You have failed me PA. (SHIREN THE WANDERER)

• Options
    fluxcapacitorfluxcapacitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kibbler wrote: »
    Eep! Need rescue please if anyone is up to it!

Sleep trap on first step into a room on floor 18... oh, hello chainheads! Whats that? I don't wake up when beaten repeatedly with a ball of iron? Oh... I died...

Anyway, this is my best set of gear and items so far. I don't know what I can give for a reward... plating scroll? It's in my warehouse but I can probably toss it your way if I get back to the town.

P0XQ3 GKMK D8Z3Y
    P6324 P486 BDXM8
    ZQQDW CFJC XWF8L
    J!06D TTNV 3WK20

The 0 seems to be all numbers. If that doesn't work, use a O?

Thanks guys! :D

They're all zeros. Passwords don't contain A, E, I, O, U. Also, you can't send a reward through the password system, but that's okay, my warehouse is full anyway.
    NJ8DC 2Y0G PJGWX
    L710Z 83D3 WV5J3
    TN!06 TJMB D!DB5
    FSTQ4 D9HT DFF90

fluxcapacitor on
    Shiren: 3780-9360-7320
  • Options
    KibblerKibbler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Flux: you rock so hard.

Thanks dude!

EDIT: Condor rescued! \o/

Kibbler on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Doh. Guess who just died in table mountain, of all places =P

Riceball trap, 2 hell reapers, game over man, game over.

It was floor 29 or so, a rescue would be great as losing decent gear on such a stupid level would really chafe. I have all sorts of shit knocking around my various storehouses, so if you're after anything in particular I'll see what I can do about a reward =)

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've just been Pekeiji grinding lately. He got separated from me, got too hungry to move, and was slowly beaten to death. But I made it to Table Mountain and died. This run was good, so I'm requesting a rescue.

I got my very first Storehouse Jar. I don't remember if I bought it from the potter or I found it, so I shipped my Mastersword+8. This is the first time I can upgrade something worth upgrading. Also, this was the first play I was successfully outlasting Chainheads. I'm not sure how I pulled this off.

I also got my first Walrus Jar to raid the store in Stream Village. I got a Blank Scroll and the Jade Armlet, but I don't know what that does. Does anyone know?

So my party died, but I made it all the way to approximately floor 23. I learned how to kill Mabells with the Knockback Staff without them calling for help.

I died entering a Monster House, where I was then rushed by many monsters. I was cursed, Polygon Jive'd, and then Minotaur'd. I didn't think to sacrifice my Blank Scroll by writing Blastwave.

EDIT.
    Nevermind rescue. I'm too eager to start upgrading.

This is an oxymoron, but how do you get ready to beat this game? *snicker*

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I picked this up used yesterday based on this thread, and I've already put about 8 hours into it. Whoever owned it before me apparently only played 11 minutes before trading it. Different strokes, I guess. Being able to play Rogue on the bus is pretty much a dream come true for me. Would someone be so kind as to give me a rescue? I'm only on level 8 or 9, but I'd like to see how this rescue thing works and I finally had some not terrible equipment:
    6CWGQ RJ02 98LDR
    5NP21 3M7C 72X3R
    0NMLJ X4T9 36WR9
    WY06J N312 ZCV20
    Thanks.

Also, when will I start seeing the better jars? I've yet to see anything except for jars of holding, and one cursed chiropractic jar. Having a warehouse jar at some point would have been nice.

Edit: Nevermind on the rescue. Decided to suck it up and start over, and got a +2 mastersword from Fay for my trouble.

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I picked this up used yesterday based on this thread, and I've already put about 8 hours into it. Whoever owned it before me apparently only played 11 minutes before trading it. Different strokes, I guess. Being able to play Rogue on the bus is pretty much a dream come true for me. Would someone be so kind as to give me a rescue? I'm only on level 8 or 9, but I'd like to see how this rescue thing works and I finally had some not terrible equipment:
    6CWGQ RJ02 98LDR
    5NP21 3M7C 72X3R
    0NMLJ X4T9 36WR9
    WY06J N312 ZCV20
    Thanks.

Also, when will I start seeing the better jars? I've yet to see anything except for jars of holding, and one cursed chiropractic jar. Having a warehouse jar at some point would have been nice.

When you get to the Mountaintop Town, visit Gaibara, the whacked out potter, EVERY time. This is how you unlock Melding Jars and I think Jar of Holding.

I died in the Ravine of Illusions. The Death Angels wasted me, but I have two jars of hiding with their name on it. Please rescue.

ZJ!TG XHKS H8DH8
    3J!SN ZK8K 3QLKM
    8KBZG 6HPF MXMKD
    CCX9Y WDLQ 90310

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Hahah... something evil happened this morning.

I just beat the game so I am trying to figure out what to do next, so I headed on out and decided to take a cart to Mountaintop town at level 1 and play around a bit.

I have a Mastersword +19 and and a Iron Shield +12, both plated... I can't find a way down through the use of carts, but I did get my first Melding Jar from the jar man! \o/

Excited, I started to head down to 1F to collect some things from my warehouse to combine with my mastersword....

About floor 5, I was running around and smacked into a rice changer... who promptly turned my iron shield +12 into a big riceball. ;(

Oh, then next? I decided to try out the melding jar in the field on floor 5 after I mopped up the monster, and put my mastersword +19 in with one of those +damage to ghost blades... I see you can't simply withdraw the sword, so I went to throw it so it would smash.

"Your Mastersword +19 is lost and is no longer usable" popped up as I hucked my first melding jar and best weapon clean off a cliff. ;(

Poo. Now I am down to an armor ward +3 and a katana +1. How hard are melding jars to come across if I was to re-run the entire path to Golden City? Also, it had 5 charges...does that mean I could put my good sword in, throw 4 other weapons into the jar, and then smash it to get the new weapon out? It would take all 4 weapon properties?

Thanks!

Kibbler on
  • Options
    fluxcapacitorfluxcapacitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    How hard are melding jars to come across if I was to re-run the entire path to Golden City? Also, it had 5 charges...does that mean I could put my good sword in, throw 4 other weapons into the jar, and then smash it to get the new weapon out? It would take all 4 weapon properties?

Thanks!

Yeah you could have put 5 weapons in and melded all of them into one. It's pretty easy to get melding jars. If the store doesn't have any, go one floor up or down and then return to the town. The stock changes each time.

fluxcapacitor on
    Shiren: 3780-9360-7320
  • Options
    LordGekLordGek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, anybody curious about Shire 3? YouTube now has a number of user made gameplay videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%E9%A2%A8%E6%9D%A5%E3%81%AE%E3%82%B7%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%EF%BC%93&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

For HOURS of Shiren 3 gameplay footage you also might want to check out www.nicovideo.com. Below is a forum post from NeoGAF that details both a link to the footage as well as how to setup a free account on the Japanese site:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11480935

LordGek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    God dammit, I died in a Monster house right after Mountaintop Town. I had a Mastersword + 15. I SHOULD have killed everything, but it was composed of SpikeBombs and Skull Mages.

I took a bomb in the face and used a Scroll of Confusion, and after being warped all over the place, a mage successful shot a damaging bolt, which I don't think I've ever seen.

I absoluetely need a resuce. Please please please....

6NYSS JW66 D8X3G
    MSN87 JRGT D9X50
    TV!4X HJMK BB3QC
    6VW!D !ZFM WY530

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, someone seems to be on the way to rescue me.

Once I'm back I think I'll jump ship at the rainbow's end and see how many of these rescues I can get done.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    ForgottenVariableForgottenVariable Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Urgh, just got hit by a sleep trap and several death angels in the valley of illusion or whatever it's called.

Rescue number is 0000-0000-6402

Not sure if I can give you anything worthwhile, but I have alot of miscellaneous stuff.

ForgottenVariable on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Insanity wrote: »
    Now I have a kabra +70 with about 10 mods, I've remade most of my armour ward, and added spikes and bomb defense.

Damn, it's good to be wrong sometimes =D

I've died around level 70 most runs even with a completely maxed and melded firebrand and armour ward, victory herbs, 99 charge bufu and postpone staves, so I wasn't expecting you to kill that bitch! Congrats!

How'd you deal with those fucking skull mages? Especially the ones in the great halls on 60, 70 and 80.

I've been pretty busy lately. I'd love to try a kitchen rescue, problem is I don't have an armband of happiness anymore, which means I have to grind till level 20 in the normal dungeon before I even enter kitchen. Then again, if there was a happiness armband in it, I'd probably be keen.

Since tainted path, I died on level 14 trying to rescue some chump in a monster room. How hard can it be? Craky tank murdered me. I had 2 victory herbs and tons of gear and he still killed me. I'm back to a mastersword+40 and armour ward+30 or so. I keep dying on kitchen god trying to get some bufus for my sword, which makes life so much easier.

Every time I got to one of those floors, I'd gulp down an air devil meat, then murder everyone on the floor, then get loot. If another skull mage turned up I'd paralyze him, if things ever got really bad i'd just eat another meat.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Cantido wrote: »

6NYSS JW66 D8X3G
    MSN87 JRGT D9X50
    TV!4X HJMK BB3QC
    6VW!D !ZFM WY530

Incorrect password =(

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

6NYSS JW66 D8X3G
    MSN87 JRGT D9X50
    TV!4X HJMK BB3QC
    6VW!D !ZFM WY530

Incorrect password =(

Oh fuck, try this one.

VNC!B WHR2 B80PM
    PZLHT RZJV DVKK4
    1WNN7 2WKD BRXHV
    9DC!T T97K N!H20

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh fuck, try this one.

VNC!B WHR2 B80PM
    PZLHT RZJV DVKK4
    1WNN7 2WKD BRXHV
    9DC!T T97K N!H20

Rescued! =)
    NFTTQ VLVQ KJJ0F
    CLRST !3KS QVSWD
    95TRZ NRXH CR9XB
    LQYF2 LWK0 DKP90

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I just got this game and am super addicted to it. But while gbearin up for my best run yet, I died on floor 11. :/

I had some decent equipment and need a rescue!

I don't have much to give as thanks but I was only on floor eleven. My character's attack missed like three times in a row. : /

FVSB6 9Z9T C8SH0
    8R7SH KQYS RNSF2
    DMF2W !3Z6 F17F0
    K8XTX XPWR 6W400

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh fuck, try this one.

VNC!B WHR2 B80PM
    PZLHT RZJV DVKK4
    1WNN7 2WKD BRXHV
    9DC!T T97K N!H20

Rescued! =)
    NFTTQ VLVQ KJJ0F
    CLRST !3KS QVSWD
    95TRZ NRXH CR9XB
    LQYF2 LWK0 DKP90

Thank you so much for saving me and my Plated, Razor Winded Mastersword+20.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    FVSB6 9Z9T C8SH0
    8R7SH KQYS RNSF2
    DMF2W !3Z6 F17F0
    K8XTX XPWR 6W400

Rescued:
    739XR 0KSX NJD29
    X0Y5G Z9JK 9HXMS
    H6FKJ P8TL 8LCN6
    9CKHM 9K0Y TL5B0

Just a heads up to the people after rescues. PLEASE for the love of god use Nintendo Wifi rescues!
    Not only are they 4 digits to type instead of 56, we can send you helpful items along with the rescue.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Just a heads up to the people after rescues. PLEASE for the love of god use Nintendo Wifi rescues!

Not only are they 4 digits to type instead of 56, we can send you helpful items along with the rescue.

I would but don't have my own internet until Mon as I just moved.

(have to get Comcast, grumble, grumble...)

EDIT: Oh yes and thanks so much!

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I justt got wi fi working. I will rescue others this way.

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Can I not send stuff via password thank you? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Here's the thank you letter though:
    VYWGG JLRW W0KDQ
    1S8ZP W13S MS3DD
    LDX57 WGJ6 MKR08
    4TRSX 4M!1 NZ!00

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I hate to badger you guys, but I still need a rescue at about floor 26 or so of table mountain.

rescue number: 0000-0000-6402

ForgottenVariable on
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just made my best run yet. I got lucky in that I hit my first giant-ass monster house right outside of the mountain village when I had an inventory full of blastwave and confusion scrolls. Got a ton of Gitans and a decent katana out of that one. Made a run all the way to the first floor of the ravine of illusions before getting my head bashed in by monsters. Would someone be so kind as to give a rescue? Sorry about the password, but my router hates my ds.
    D2N46 71!R F8D08
    CRRP7 0H9S CQ7ZZ
    6XJKZ HK1F YG4XH
    CZWQK !N42 34M30

I Zimbra on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I hate to badger you guys, but I still need a rescue at about floor 26 or so of table mountain.

It says there is no rescue for this number. Did somebody rescue you? Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have to hold my DS over the router?

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

It says there is no rescue for this number. Did somebody rescue you? Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have to hold my DS over the router?

It's possible someone already rescued me and didn't post a message, I'll go check :X

Whoooooops

EDIT: Yep, saved already. I praise you, mysterious savior!

ForgottenVariable on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    D2N46 71!R F8D08
    CRRP7 0H9S CQ7ZZ
    6XJKZ HK1F YG4XH
    CZWQK !N42 34M30

Rescued:
    DHNFV WJGL KJSDH
    B6YHP 54M4 CCQD3
    Q3C4T V1F! RN2W5
    3XPDC 6XKQ V9390

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The swordsmith's apprentice totally wants me :winky:

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    The swordsmith's apprentice totally wants me :winky:

You and me baby we ain't nothing but mamels.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Could anyone use a DS sequel

It seems Shiren continues to get his mack on. Pekeiji returns.

Cantido on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Could anyone use a DS sequel

It seems Shiren continues to get his mack on. Pekeiji returns.

Has connectivity with Shiren Wii, according to other sites.
    Let's hope this means they both get localised.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Rescue, anyone? :D

Died on floor 7 or 8 on my way back down to Bamboo to sell some stuff (Trying to pay off the restaurant).

Riceboss attacked me and riceballed me, so I tried to run to another room, only to be trapped by a bandit. :welp: I normally wouldn't care, but I FINALLY got a decent weapon again after hunting for hours... would save me lots of heartache to get rescued. :D
    38550 T22M 980KG
    RQH2Q R4HY 4YX78
    Z3QZ8 XJW4 J9BZD
    2KV62 !HFS 4RQ20

Thanks! <3

Kibbler on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Died on floor 7 or 8 on my way back down to Bamboo to sell some stuff (Trying to pay off the restaurant).

Riceboss attacked me and riceballed me, so I tried to run to another room, only to be trapped by a bandit. :welp: I normally wouldn't care, but I FINALLY got a decent weapon again after hunting for hours... would save me lots of heartache to get rescued. :D
    38550 T22M 980KG
    RQH2Q R4HY 4YX78
    Z3QZ8 XJW4 J9BZD
    2KV62 !HFS 4RQ20

Thanks! <3

Giving it a try.

Edit:

919T6 V!ZZ KJ2NK
    XFXHQ 6X9V NTHQV
    BLS26 !HF2 9K5H5
    VMZDM D5JR WQCB0

Xagarath on
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hells yeah. Golden Condor GET.

Oh man, and it was epic too. I prepared my ass off for this run. Three days of runs between Canyon Valley and Mountaintop in order to build up a +15 Mastersword with Gold and Drain mods and a +9 Iron Shield with Gold and Hide mods. By the time I finished, they were +18 and +12, respectively. Six or seven Jars of Holding full of Riceballs, Scrolls, Staves and Dragon Herbs, and a fully leveled party, including a Pekeji who never once asked me for food. I was set.

My strategy evolved quickly. I had leveled up enough and earned enough equipment to basically adventure on my own while my party genocided the dungeon on their own. In the beginning I just walked around and cleared entire levels out without hardly doing anything. It was beautiful.

I lost Oryu early on, before the Stream Village. That put an end to that adventure. From that point on I was a little more cautious. Around floor 22 or so, I would up on a floor that was completely devoid of enemies. It had a large central chamber and several smaller sidechambers, but no inhabitants. I quickly moved ahead to the next floor, but the game was more cunning than I thought. I plummeted through a pitfall trap into the exact same floor layout, but this time it was a veritable bunker of Chainheads and Flamepuffs. I threw out a Confusion Scroll and did what I could, but before I could find the exit, Keichi was killed off by a Ghost Owl. Now I had to contend with a Dusk Owl, which I wore down from a distance with my supply of 80 wooden arrows as Pekeji wiped out the rest of the level. Now it was down to his muscle and my still formidable arsenal.

I lost Pekeji to a Minotaur in the maze on Floor 25. A Dragon Herb and a Pitcher's Armband ensured that he wouldn't die in vain, but now I was on my own. I blazed through the Three Trials thanks to my supply of Dragon Herbs, lobbing fireballs in all directions like I was Ryu, and pushed my way to the Plains of the Sun.

I was still not quite prepared for the final chamber, though. I expected a one on one match with the boss, not a battle between the boss and his army. I obliterated half of them with a pair of Blastwave Scrolls, then manuevered myself to lob the Mamel Meat I'd brought along just for the occassion, when the unthinkable happened:

I got Riceballed. God damn wizard zapped me when I was only a few squares away from the boss. I panicked and fled, having only been riceballed once before in the game, with dire consequences. Worse still, the wizard confused me, and a Tiger Uhono actually started lobbing the boss right at my grainular state. When I finally regained my human shape, I was in the red. That's when I remembered the Scroll of Need I picked up, waaaaay back in the beginning of the game. One glance at its text froze the entire horde and removed my confusion, and I ended the foul beast's reign in the manner most befitting his degenerate nature: I turned him into a Mamel and butchered him with extreme prejudice.

What a great game.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zampano wrote: »
    Hells yeah. Golden Condor GET.

Oh man, and it was epic too. I prepared my ass off for this run. Three days of runs between Canyon Valley and Mountaintop in order to build up a +15 Mastersword with Gold and Drain mods and a +9 Iron Shield with Gold and Hide mods. By the time I finished, they were +18 and +12, respectively. Six or seven Jars of Holding full of Riceballs, Scrolls, Staves and Dragon Herbs, and a fully leveled party, including a Pekeji who never once asked me for food. I was set.

My strategy evolved quickly. I had leveled up enough and earned enough equipment to basically adventure on my own while my party genocided the dungeon on their own. In the beginning I just walked around and cleared entire levels out without hardly doing anything. It was beautiful.

I lost Oryu early on, before the Stream Village. That put an end to that adventure. From that point on I was a little more cautious. Around floor 22 or so, I would up on a floor that was completely devoid of enemies. It had a large central chamber and several smaller sidechambers, but no inhabitants. I quickly moved ahead to the next floor, but the game was more cunning than I thought. I plummeted through a pitfall trap into the exact same floor layout, but this time it was a veritable bunker of Chainheads and Flamepuffs. I threw out a Confusion Scroll and did what I could, but before I could find the exit, Keichi was killed off by a Ghost Owl. Now I had to contend with a Dusk Owl, which I wore down from a distance with my supply of 80 wooden arrows as Pekeji wiped out the rest of the level. Now it was down to his muscle and my still formidable arsenal.

I lost Pekeji to a Minotaur in the maze on Floor 25. A Dragon Herb and a Pitcher's Armband ensured that he wouldn't die in vain, but now I was on my own. I blazed through the Three Trials thanks to my supply of Dragon Herbs, lobbing fireballs in all directions like I was Ryu, and pushed my way to the Plains of the Sun.

I was still not quite prepared for the final chamber, though. I expected a one on one match with the boss, not a battle between the boss and his army. I obliterated half of them with a pair of Blastwave Scrolls, then manuevered myself to lob the Mamel Meat I'd brought along just for the occassion, when the unthinkable happened:

I got Riceballed. God damn wizard zapped me when I was only a few squares away from the boss. I panicked and fled, having only been riceballed once before in the game, with dire consequences. Worse still, the wizard confused me, and a Tiger Uhono actually started lobbing the boss right at my grainular state. When I finally regained my human shape, I was in the red. That's when I remembered the Scroll of Need I picked up, waaaaay back in the beginning of the game. One glance at its text froze the entire horde and removed my confusion, and I ended the foul beast's reign in the manner most befitting his degenerate nature: I turned him into a Mamel and butchered him with extreme prejudice.

What a great game.

If you did it with a Master +15, it's time for me to move on to Shields.

I have a Mastersword +22 now. I used the only Storehouse Jar I've ever seen. I put it in a Storeroom and used it multiple times. But now it's at zero. How do I get more? The wiki says they sell at 2500, but I've never seen a store have one. I tried smashing the jar with 0, maybe one will appear now?

Also, can I meld an Armor Ward with a Hide Shield and get the combination the NPC was pining for?

Cantido on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That's a very good question. I have no idea.

I actually had 2 Storehouse Jars, both of which I pulled from a Monster House in the Cavern in the Cliff. Of course, I didn't actually end up needing them, but I they were cool to get a hold of anyway.

This successful run has made me utterly reverent of Dragon Herbs. It makes me want to stockpile them and play a makeshift Mage runthrough of the main quest.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »

38550 T22M 980KG
    RQH2Q R4HY 4YX78
    Z3QZ8 XJW4 J9BZD
    2KV62 !HFS 4RQ20

Thanks! <3

Giving it a try.

Edit:

919T6 V!ZZ KJ2NK
    XFXHQ 6X9V NTHQV
    BLS26 !HF2 9K5H5
    VMZDM D5JR WQCB0

Thanks! :D

Kibbler on
  • Options
    SqSq Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you did it with a Master +15, it's time for me to move on to Shields.

I have a Mastersword +22 now. I used the only Storehouse Jar I've ever seen. I put it in a Storeroom and used it multiple times. But now it's at zero. How do I get more? The wiki says they sell at 2500, but I've never seen a store have one. I tried smashing the jar with 0, maybe one will appear now?
    Before the post-game, they are a random drop which you are more likely to find above floor 10 (I don't recall ever seeing one in a store shop). They are far more common during the post-game dungeons, however, and will occasionally be sold by dungeon merchants.
    Also, can I meld an Armor Ward with a Hide Shield and get the combination the NPC was pining for?
    An Armor Ward + a Hide Shield will give you an Armor Ward with no hunger penalty. Melding it with another Hide Shield (or just meld it with two Hide Shields at one time) will give you the Half Hunger bonus. Further Hide Shields will not enhance this hunger bonus any.

Fun fact: For the bonus dungeons where you cannot bring in any equipment, keep your eye out for a cursed Armor Ward (you can also make one yourself with a regular Armor Ward + a curse trap). In this one specific instance, having a cursed item is a benefit as the curse will remove the Double Hunger attribute, leaving you with just a decent shield.

On a different topic, has anyone ever found a Kigny Sword or Shield in the Kigny dungeon? I've been through there five or six times and always the hidden money rooms only have piles of money - no items. Its annoying to run through 30 floors for nothing, but the completionist in me still wants to find those items as they are the last ones I need to make a sword and shield with every bonus.

Sq on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Regarding the post game: I know of 3 of the side-dungeons: Final Puzzle, Scroll Cave and Kitchen God. Are there anymore? I figure those alone are going to take me forever anyway, but still. Just...tell me where they are, not what they are.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zampano wrote: »
    Regarding the post game: I know of 3 of the side-dungeons: Final Puzzle, Scroll Cave and Kitchen God. Are there anymore? I figure those alone are going to take me forever anyway, but still. Just...tell me where they are, not what they are.

The Tainted Path. Beat the Tainted Insect first. I think.

Cantido on