Options

The Big Street Fighter Tournament thread *Sign ups are closed*

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    solsovly wrote: »
    I'm on the East Coast and played a guy from Spain. We had a 3 bar connection. IMO 3 bar fights get into the realm of throwing off timing for almost everything, but still being in the realm of possible fun. I say just join, not like we are playing for cash prizes.

That's strange, i get 2 and 3 bars against Ah_pook and it's rarely laggy. I wish they would just have a ping meter in the upper right during the whole match.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm on the East Coast and played a guy from Spain. We had a 3 bar connection. IMO 3 bar fights get into the realm of throwing off timing for almost everything, but still being in the realm of possible fun. I say just join, not like we are playing for cash prizes.

That's strange, i get 2 and 3 bars against Ah_pook and it's rarely laggy. I wish they would just have a ping meter in the upper right during the whole match.

To be fair, my matches with you and others in the 2-3 bar realm throw off my link timing.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm lucky to get a 2 or 3 bar ever. I usually get 0 bar matches. linking isn't possible, but everything else is and it is rarely choppy.

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

To be fair, my matches with you and others in the 2-3 bar realm throw off my link timing.

Well now you're just making excuses!
    why do you think i play chun? easy combos for laggy games :P

TheStig on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Lag will from here on out be refered to as an unplanned tactical delay to the immidiacy of inputs.

Example: That unplanned tactical delay to the immidiacy of inputs spike cost me the game, ass!

-the commish

chamberlain on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm so down for this.

Hope you guys like laggy matches!
    Seriously though... hoping it's not too bad. :(

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Lag will from here on out be refered to as an unplanned tactical delay to the immidiacy of inputs.

Example: That unplanned tactical delay to the immidiacy of inputs spike cost me the game, ass!

-the commish

OMG, I have found the perfect choice for Commish. Capitalize that shit yo!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm sooo down for all tourneys 360 SF4. Not sure who the captains are going to be but I main Abel, then it goes to either Dhalsim, Ryu, Sagat as the best. If worse comes to worse I can play Bison, Fei Long or Seth as alts :D

Hope I get in the brackets, i'm pretty reliable when it comes to getting matches done quickly.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited April 2009

-the commish

Denied. Come up with something that turns out to be a snappy acronym. We'll reconvene in an hour.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

-the commish

Denied. Come up with something that turns out to be a snappy acronym. We'll reconvene in an hour.

You dare challenge the Commish?! There are no owners here, his power is absolute!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    MNC Dover wrote: »

-the commish

You dare challenge the Commish?! There are no owners here, his power is absolute!

In response to this I officially request that I unofficially become the official "Remissioner", this title will unofficially come with every official power and none of the responsibilities. Officially unofficial, of course, but also unofficially official.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Updated the OP now to show the current number of entrants. Sad HDR numbers for both 360 and PS3. :( No love.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SkyeSkye Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    C'mon guys, play some HDR! You know, that game we all used to play before SF4 came out. :(

I miss HDR's lobby system.

Skye on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm more sad to see fewer people signed up for the suicide tournaments. They sound like a lot of fun. I mean even I signed up for the SF4 one, and I only really know how to use 1 character even somewhat competently.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I signed up for everything, especially suicide. Im stoked.... up ... for them.

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    StokedUp wrote: »
    I'm sooo down for all tourneys 360 SF4. Not sure who the captains are going to be but I main Abel, then it goes to either Dhalsim, Ryu, Sagat as the best. If worse comes to worse I can play Bison, Fei Long or Seth as alts :D

Wait a second, you main Abel too!?

Now we have to be on the same team. I've fought another Abel like twice. We could be team Emo.

In other news, i've signed up for everything but the League. Figured 3 tourneys was enough to keep my busy.

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm back from the dead, bitches! All prepare to tremble before my [strike]3 months out of practice[/strike] mighty Bison! Fear my psycho power.
    Hoo boy, this is going to be tough...

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Wow, I had 32 people sign up for the last PS3 SF4 tourney and now I've got under 10? Granted, it's only day 1, but where is the love people? Also, it's official...nobody loves HDR anymore on the PS3. Sad, sad day.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Maybe we scared people off when they played in the last one.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SpruchySpruchy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll join all 360 tourneys, need a team tho :-/

Spruchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Spruchy wrote: »

Send me a PM as described in the OP. No need for a team, the captains will choose the players. Start pimping out your strengths now to hopefully get noticed and picked earlier.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Spruchy wrote: »
    Start pimping out your strengths now to hopefully get noticed and picked earlier.

That's how this works? Huh

Well then, I beat MNC Dover's Chun Li in a ranked match once. Like, I totally got him with the j.mp2x->ultra using Dictator. 8-)

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Wow, I had 32 people sign up for the last PS3 SF4 tourney and now I've got under 10? Granted, it's only day 1, but where is the love people? Also, it's official...nobody loves HDR anymore on the PS3. Sad, sad day.

Should change the thread title to announce the new tournaments!

TheStig on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I could team up with Solsovly and aBlank.

I think we'd do okay.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I could team up with Solsovly and aBlank.

I think we'd do okay.

aBlank withdrew. Sorry.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sivraj wrote: »
    StokedUp wrote: »

Wait a second, you main Abel too!?

Now we have to be on the same team. I've fought another Abel like twice. We could be team Emo.

In other news, i've signed up for everything but the League. Figured 3 tourneys was enough to keep my busy.

Yeah, I started out with Sagat for like a week when I bought the game, cause I was all like, omg you guys look at those legs. Got bored, then played Abel for awhile. I play Dhalsim and Ryu alot now since with my Abel, I ve fallen into a routine for the mixups and we need our time apart. :|

Ryu is my favorite right now, cause.... he's awesome

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ranced/Taramoor:

Could you guys resend your info to me? Make sure it's like the OP. Thanks!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to join the single elimination and Street Fighter League, but I don't know if anybody wants me on their league team.

So go ahead and put me down for single elimination and if somebody just can't live without a decent Cammy then I'm around and down.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to join the single elimination and Street Fighter League, but I don't know if anybody wants me on their league team.

So go ahead and put me down for single elimination and if somebody just can't live without a decent Cammy then I'm around and down.

Have no fear, there will be no hazing* in the Street Fighter League.

*by the players, at least.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Send me a PM! Follow the opening post for instructions on how I need it sent. Thanks.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    X Pr3dat0R XX Pr3dat0R X Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I've signed up for 360 SET, TSET and SFL. I'm done with uni for the year after the 27th of this month so my SFIV playtime will be increasing exponentially after that date.
    Time to dust off the old chest wig and get back into my red speedo's!

X Pr3dat0R X on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I sent in my stuff.

Anyone need a teammate for the Team Tourney and League? I'm a pretty good player, you know!

I can also play with pretty much any character under the sun (except Ken and Viper)

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hi Dover, you've got my pre-registration PM, right?

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Shit... I just realized something. We're going to need more belts.

TheStig on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'll give Nomura a call.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Arde wrote: »
    Hi Dover, you've got my pre-registration PM, right?

Sure did. Now get to training.

LOL, I'm thinking we'll just stick with 3 normal belts for now. Maybe a super awesome trophy for winning the SFL though.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I'll give Nomura a call.

Don't - we'll end up with a picture of a belt on a belt, with no reference to what the belt is actually for. This will be followed by a belt on the picture of a belt, and so on into infinity. :D

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    MrSupaflyMrSupafly Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ok I signed up. PS3. stock controller ><

usually do best with honda/ryu

MrSupafly on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I finally got the software I needed back on my computer last night, so I will be able to complete the brackets for the last tournaments we did. I'll try and get to it later tonight.

Also, depending on the final numbers, I'm looking to change up the team tournaments a little.

For the TSET, I plan on keeping the teams in groups of 3, but making it a double elimination. Hopefully this will help get more people to sign up and not be afraid of causing a loss for the team.

For the SFL, I'm probably going to reduce the team sizes from 5 to 3 in order to keep the number of teams higher. The rules will remain the same, except that the home team will basically get to choose the match-up orders.

Keep signing people up!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just signed up for all four SF4 tournaments :lol:

Sakeido on