As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DIABLO II] more high runes than you can shake a stick at

• Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    All from Meph? Meph never gives anything good to me!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    yeah I decided to man up and start running hell meph, he's been nice to me so far today

oh and just as i type this another occy drops lol.

Beasteh on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Beasteh wrote: »
    how about people put an ISO list in their sig?

it would be enormous and annoying when you post in a non d2 thread

Jars on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    which is why you put it in a spoiler

Beasteh on
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    too bad we don't have a sub... thread? Who is down for some ubers tonight I probably have enough keys for 8 runs?

stfuad on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh, me! ME!

Just need good armor for my smiter.

If anyone has a 3os Archon Plate Ima make Duress.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    stfuad wrote: »
    too bad we don't have a sub... thread? Who is down for some ubers tonight I probably have enough keys for 8 runs?

I should be able to run some, the frenzy barb is amazing for this.

I can't think of anything helpful with ft/iso, on the incgamer site you get your own thread so that certainly helps, but then you have to click on each thread to find out what someone wants/has.

Goons have an irc chat that people just idle in I guess, and they have a game similar to pamule where they dump crap in there, but they have more hardcore people I think (one of the guys has >100k fg...D: )

Oh, and FUCK Mephisto. I've run him at least 100 times, and I've gotten a Wizspike, an Occy maybe, and some set items. He's been the worst to me, and I built my whole character (Blizz sorc) just to kill him to.

e: Chen - I've got a 3os AP, trade for that 3os MP later tonight? You're trying to make an Exile right? I would suggest adding in you want a clean eth ST, and hopefully with +resists if you're rolling in HRs.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    If those runs later on produce a necro torch I'd be happy to buy it. Not sure I have a char that would actually be helpful in running them, given my tendency for odd builds.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    When you do Meph make sure to kill the council and hit his super chest.

stfuad on
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you guys been reading up on the inc 1.13b patch?
    HR drops have been increased. again.

people are getting Bers left right and center.

evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    WHERE?

I haven't seen anything drop anywhere. Not even Ists. Or maybe I'm just unlucky.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ah pants, my mistake.

the 1.13b is the current patch.

evilthecat on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i'm gonna have to brag about countess dropping an ohm for me that i mentioned a couple pages back

also, i am totally up for ubers

gimme storchessssssss

so if i plan on just MFing bosses, would lightning be the way to go? it seems like we have 1 million light sorcs already though, and i'd feel so sad being one spec and going "oh. light immune. fun."

almost as sad as me static fielding countess then waiting for my merc to kill her

hes such a weiner

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's a bit slow (in that she doesn't go down in 1-2 attacks like most non-fire/cold immunes), but my merc doesn't really have much trouble taking down the Countess, even with a low-level weapon (Insight in a Bec-de-Corbin). I amuse myself by spamming Tele on her, only takes like 15 seconds.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, Blizzard increased the frequency of HR drops twice during the beta, once in 1.13a and another time in 1.13b. The version currently on the Realms is 1.13c, in fact.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think you and me are the only ones who haven't seen a HR drop this ladder. /sadface

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are Ists HRs? that's the highest I've seen, and it was from a forge. The next highest was an Um, by far the highest I've gotten from a Countess run.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yeah it really doesn't take that long for my merc to kill her, i just find it a little saddening and annoying that she is always and always will be fire and ice immune in hell.

i think he has died a total of one times in that last 50% of her health, but it was right after i was gambling/i already had to res him earlier and i had to FARM UP MONEY to resurrect him JUST to finish killing her. it wasn't cool.

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As a Blizz sorc, Countess was easy enough with a properly geared Merc, Blizzard to get rid of non-CI, static everything else, and telestomp on the Countess.

A 3os 20 fcr Tiara isn't terribly useful is it? I can't think of a build that would need it, I know Bowazons like the 3os for 15 ias jewels to hit BPs, but they don't cast much.

e: Read a comment to ber it and use on a hammerdin D:

ee: Oh yeah, 4211 def Stone 8-) Maybe Mr. Moron won't die so much now

lordswing on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I kill countess pretty easily with my Meterorb sorc. I just use Static field and let the merc kill her. Takes like 5 seconds.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So am I fucking insane for thinking that the rune word Chaos x2 would make for a fun and viable claw assassin?

Maxing out Dragon Claw, Claw Mastery, and Fire Fist early on. Then later, I'll respec to shift the points into Phoenix Strike and start pumping up Tiger Strike for some absurd Dragon Claw hits if the monstar isn't physical immune.

I'm playing with three other guys, a sorc, a necro and a barb right now, so if they're phys immune we won't be *totally* fucked, and that magic damage on the claw looks fucking sexy due to the absurd attack rate Burst of Speed gives you with a fast set of claws.

edit: this claw
    Chaos.gif

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Oh speaking of fun Assassin builds, if anyone is making a claw assassin I've got a Cruel Somekindofclaw with life leech and +2 to Venom; it's a little weird to see that much weapon damage on a claw.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I remember making a "wolverine" type assassin and getting "block locked" in the flayer jungle.

evilthecat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    @Rob even if you were alone and ran into a phys-immune, what about 1-pointing Dragon Tail? Does Tiger Strike still increase the fire damage from that kick?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    sooo i rolled a 28 fortitude but I'm not noticing a huge difference over my CoH.
    what am I doing wrong.
    more combat skillers?

evilthecat on
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Are the servers down atm?

EDIT: Disregard, I'm in. Had to make a new account though, but all of my old chars would have been deleted by now anyway.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    i guess a +3 cold skills short staff pretty much useless if it doesn't have other mods

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Are the servers down atm?

EDIT: Disregard, I'm in. Had to make a new account though, but all of my old chars would have been deleted by now anyway.

When your characters expire, they don't actually get deleted unless someone creates a new account with the same name. So you could have MFSORCBOT23iouoigs that will probably never get deleted.

lordswing on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    CoH has comparable damage mods against specific monsters, so it's possible the differences are negligable.

Honestly I don't see the attraction of Fort besides the bigger enhanced defense boost.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    MFSORCBOT23iouoigs

i hope that doesn't stand for magic finding sorc bot

MUTHA FUCKIN SORC BOT 23, BITCHES

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    @Rob even if you were alone and ran into a phys-immune, what about 1-pointing Dragon Tail? Does Tiger Strike still increase the fire damage from that kick?

It will boost the splash damage, basically build all your charges on the PI then kick one of his non PI buddies in the face. You should also have some kind of fallback (phoenix strike, elemental mods on gear etc) for when that isn't possible.

Zulkir on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    rob I just picked up a Bartuc's if you need it

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ZulkirZulkir Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »
    So am I fucking insane for thinking that the rune word Chaos x2 would make for a fun and viable claw assassin?

Maxing out Dragon Claw, Claw Mastery, and Fire Fist early on. Then later, I'll respec to shift the points into Phoenix Strike and start pumping up Tiger Strike for some absurd Dragon Claw hits if the monstar isn't physical immune.

I'm playing with three other guys, a sorc, a necro and a barb right now, so if they're phys immune we won't be *totally* fucked, and that magic damage on the claw looks fucking sexy due to the absurd attack rate Burst of Speed gives you with a fast set of claws.

edit: this claw
    Chaos.gif

You'd probably be better off slotting a Chaos and something else that enhances your ass-kicking versatility. I humbly suggest Fury: ITD and -25% target def, life leech, 40% IAS, Prevent Monster Heal, Open Wounds and Deadly Strike and a 20% AR bonus. A veritable cornucopia of roflstomp.

Zulkir on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think Fury is slightly better on paper that in practice, but there's not exactly an abundance of good claw options, and it's hardly a bad choice. I'm just not sure I'd every make it unless I had a lot of wealth. There are so many better things to make first in that cost bracket.

Of course, if you really like dual claw assassins, I suppose there aren't that many better things.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fury+chaos together are an amazing combo

Beasteh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I am leh poor since I just started my account, but thanks!

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fury+chaos together are an amazing combo

I think this is what I shall aim for... who is the best person to farm runes off? Still the Countess? Or is it just Baal Hell and crossing your fingers?

Robman on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I decided it'd be fun to pick this back up, but for the life of me I can't find the expansion disc. Any thoughts where I could pick one up for cheap? i don't want to go used unless I know for sure someone else isn't using it, and the blizzard store wants $20, which seems crazy.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well this game is still absurdly fun so the price of dinner at the pub seems worth it for the 392 hours you're going to sink into this game

Robman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Robman wrote: »

I am leh poor since I just started my account, but thanks!

I mean like you can have it :p

I'll see what else I can dig up, what level are you?

Beasteh on