Options

Consumers To Apple: Fuck You

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If the dude said he stopped supporting, I dunno, Dell, nobody would give a shit.
    I'd give him a funny look if he said that, but that's not your point. I know.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Evander wrote: »
    That's okay, it seems like half the people in here haven't even read the thread title.
    What in the world are you trying to say? That this is the "f you Apple" thread and if you don't share that opinion then you should just geeeeeeeet out?

Also, the phone's sellin' like hotcakes. I move that the title be changed to "Consumers to Apple: We'd Love to Fuck You All Night Long, Baby."

They are fine for personal phones if you don't want to work and want what's cool in the hipster community.

Brit Spears is popular as well, that doesn't make her a good singer.
    blahblahblahblah

Man, if the phone didn't work you'd think it would get returned en mass! Maybe I missed that stat. The "this phone doesn't work and has been returned by a large percentage of users" stat. Did I miss it, or are you still yammering out your whiny IT-guy ass because you don't wike appul?

What I like for personal use has no bearing on what works or should be supported at work. These are not the same. I have an iphone, it's fine for surfing the web and playing games, but it creates massive problems from a business standpoint. As I have to buy, support, and keep running phones at work, it should not be there. So we cut it. When asked "why are you no longer getting iphones" there are good reasons to point to.

While I'm at it, telling people "no, you can not call us because the macbook/ipad you bought with your own money is having problems as well" is logical because it increases problems.
    If the dude said he stopped supporting, I dunno, Dell, nobody would give a shit.

We've shit canned Dell/Sony/Toshiba laptops as well. It is way easier to only have 3 different laptop images all from the same vendor (HP) for the sake of keeping things running. We've also had less problems with the HP's, so they won out!

Some people in our GFX department have macpro's, I'm not going to run in and confiscate them, but for the most part they know they are on their own.

I don't think many of you have tried to run an IT department before, every extra complication makes things worse. You want to standardize on the best possible platform with the least amount of problems. The iphone is not it.

nstf on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    adytum wrote: »
    enc0re wrote: »
    Reading more of the thread.

Dude cut off the IT support for the iPhone (Which is dodgy as hell at best when being used in practical business applications), which makes perfect sense. If the issues with it in an enterprise environment (and from a technical standpoint) are fixed, I seriously don't see why he wouldn't reinstate support.

And then is given loads of snark.

It's there. In writing.

I never really paid attention to why Apple faithfuls were always portrayed as such dicks, but damn, there it is. If I didn't love my iPod I'd almost want to throw it out.

I was under the impression he's trying to rid his company of all Apple products.

Because he hates Apple, not because there's anything specific wrong with them.

Here are the reasons we've been given as to why our dissatisfaction is irrational:
    It only drops calls at double the rate of its predecessor
    Only double the percentage of our customers have ignored our carefully cultivated image of being unwilling to help and called us for help as other other companies' customers
    Apple stock is only dropping at double the rate of its competitors
    Steve Jobs isn't Asian.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Where did I say consumers are "revolting"?

You are reading what you want to read, not what is actually written.

Alternatively, you just seem to assume that everyone is as irrational as you are.

Sorry, it may have been AngelHedgie; your comments about Apple are interchangeable, and I'm not going to re-read the entire thread to find them.

Cheers!

adytum on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm waiting for Windows Phone 7 to hit this holiday season before I decide.

That shit looks nice.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    NostregarNostregar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nostregar wrote: »
    But I think the point is that a lot of people who would have purchased this device are choosing not to because of the design flaw.

I myself fall into this camp.
    I'm rapidly falling into that camp myself. I don't really want to have to encase the device, just to ensure that I'm not going to introduce a big signal loss if I pick it up the "wrong" way. I'm making due with my EDGE version iPhone at the moment, starting to look at the Droid X. I'm liking the Android-OS devices more and more. The Droid X worries me because of that "Fuse" thingy though. Part of the draw of an Android phone would be doing nifty stuff with it like custom ROM's and the X does something funky if it can't validate it's own bootloader. :(

I don't get brushing off the return stats. Apple's saying bring it back for a full refund if it's not working out. You'd think that something that went for $200+ with a service contract that'll run you around (guesstimate) $1000/yr would get brought back post-freakin'-haste if it didn't work. I know I would. Even if I really liked how it looked.

Yeah, I'm looking at an Android phone for similar reasons - the customization potential and all that.

What I'm saying about the return thing is that early adopters aren't usually the kind of people who care about the relative performance of the device compared to other similar ones. If you're buying an iPhone4 the day after it comes out, you're probably doing it because you think it's cool and will probably be good, not because of any research you did on it, you know? They're getting it more for the status symbol and gadgetry.

If the return stats stay the same for the next month then you'll have something and I'll concede the point. Honestly, I would say the same about any return stats in the first month after a product is released - I usually wait quite a while after a new product comes out before I buy it, for this very reason.

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »

Dude cut off the IT support for the iPhone (Which is dodgy as hell at best when being used in practical business applications), which makes perfect sense. If the issues with it in an enterprise environment (and from a technical standpoint) are fixed, I seriously don't see why he wouldn't reinstate support.

It's there. In writing.

I never really paid attention to why Apple faithfuls were always portrayed as such dicks, but damn, there it is. If I didn't love my iPod I'd almost want to throw it out.

I was under the impression he's trying to rid his company of all Apple products.

Here are the reasons we've been given as to why our dissatisfaction is irrational:
    Only double the percentage of our customers have ignored our carefully cultivated image of being unwilling to help and called us for help as other other companies' customers
    Steve Jobs isn't Asian.

We're not talking about your dissatisfaction, we're talking about NSTF's comments about how he hates Apple, and the problems with the iPhone 4 give him the ability to remove all of their products from his company.

Reading comprehension.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was considering the Droid X as well, but the form factor on it is laughable. What were they thinking when they designed it?

I hate having cases on my phone, but I do apply invisibleshield to all of my phones as I hate to damage the screens.

Apparently applying invisibleshield to the iPhone 4 will fix the antenna problem. So, problem solved if you're okay with having an invisible thin film protecting your phone.
    Meh, I'm not really bothered by the form factor. It seems like it'd still fit in the front pocket of my jeans easily. Plus, I can't hate on a pretty screen like that. I'd like someone to match the resolution of the iPhone 4 though without having to go crazy-big on the size of the device.

Droid X: 854 x 480
    HTC Evo 4: 800 x 480
    iPhone 4: 960 x 640

:(

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Alternatively, you just seem to assume that everyone is as irrational as you are.

Sorry, it may have been AngelHedgie; your comments about Apple are interchangeable, and I'm not going to re-read the entire thread to find them.

Cheers!

Cute.

So, AngelHedgie says something very different from me, and that makes us interchangable?

Clearly all you read is "APPLE BAD", and you don't actually check out any of what is actually being said.

Here's one for you: Apple signed an exclusivity contract with AT&T of their own free will. It was an APPLE decision that keeps the device on AT&T. There was no real need for them to do this, either, as many phones exist on all four major carriers (and a variety of smaller ones) and even when individual devices do not exist on all four, one manufacturer will have differing devices on differing carriers.

The fact that AT&T is your only option for an iPhone is APPLE's deicison, not some evil AT&T trick.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Oh, and the title of the thread, which you referred to recently, is "Consumers to Apple: Fuck You." You're right, it doesn't say consumers are revolting against Apple. It just implies it.

Of course if I've actually said something irrational, I'd love for you to point it out. Hyperbolic statements don't mean much.

adytum on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

From an IT standpoint, getting rid of all the Apple products or using nothing but Apple products would be the most sensible decision.

So it makes sense.

Yes.

Standardization of hardware and/or software makes everything simpler to interface.

Hell, isn't that another one of Apple's own mantras?

Once upon a time I worked in IT. I always had the complete opposite philosophy. Yes, one size fits all makes managing the infrastructure much easier. But I always considered my job to be to enable the users to use whatever works best for them to get their job done. I'm just providing the plumbing.

There are limits of course. Let's say iPhones were messing up the Exchange server. I don't know if they actually do that; I left IT long before the first one came out. But let's say they did. I would certainly tell the users "Sorry, you don't get to sync anymore until Apple resolves the issue. It's IMAP email for you, and we'll have your calendar and contacts sync through iTunes instead. If you don't like it, look at these platforms that are working fine."

But I would never cut off support for an entire brand (that my users care about) just because I can't support one of their products.

enc0re on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was considering the Droid X as well, but the form factor on it is laughable. What were they thinking when they designed it?

I hate having cases on my phone, but I do apply invisibleshield to all of my phones as I hate to damage the screens.

Apparently applying invisibleshield to the iPhone 4 will fix the antenna problem. So, problem solved if you're okay with having an invisible thin film protecting your phone.
    Meh, I'm not really bothered by the form factor. It seems like it'd still fit in the front pocket of my jeans easily. Plus, I can't hate on a pretty screen like that. I'd like someone to match the resolution of the iPhone 4 though without having to go crazy-big on the size of the device.

Droid X: 854 x 480
    HTC Evo 4: 800 x 480
    iPhone 4: 960 x 640

:(

I didn't mean the size; the size if fine. I mean the horrible bump in the back near the top that sticks out to about twice the thickness of the rest of the phone.

I don't know what components are housed there, but it's a dumb design decision that completely turned me off to the phone.

adytum on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Scalfin wrote: »

It's there. In writing.

Steve Jobs isn't Asian.

We're not talking about your dissatisfaction, we're talking about NSTF's comments about how he hates Apple, and the problems with the iPhone 4 give him the ability to remove all of their products from his company.

Reading comprehension.

He said he hates apple because his bosses keep assuming that apple is infalible and buy apple products before the standard post-release problems have been discovered and patched and before his team has time to research the products to form an introduction plan.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I'm looking at an Android phone for similar reasons - the customization potential and all that.

What I'm saying about the return thing is that early adopters aren't usually the kind of people who care about the relative performance of the device compared to other similar ones. If you're buying an iPhone4 the day after it comes out, you're probably doing it because you think it's cool and will probably be good, not because of any research you did on it, you know? They're getting it more for the status symbol and gadgetry.

If the return stats stay the same for the next month then you'll have something and I'll concede the point. Honestly, I would say the same about any return stats in the first month after a product is released - I usually wait quite a while after a new product comes out before I buy it, for this very reason.
    I can see that, but if the device were really broken I don't think that people would keep it. I don't think they'd go, well this is my new iPod and I'll go buy something I can make calls with. And as you say, I'm interested to see how the sales numbers go from here on out. I'm interested in whether or not people are concerned about Jobs' attitude, or if they just care about "free case, its all good now," or what.

Or am I *still* missing your point? I seem pretty good at missing points lately. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Oh, and the title of the thread, which you referred to recently, is "Consumers to Apple: Fuck You." You're right, it doesn't say consumers are revolting against Apple. It just implies it.

Of course if I've actually said something irrational, I'd love for you to point it out. Hyperbolic statements don't mean much.

your inferrences do not mean intentional implication

let's start there for a lack of rationality

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I didn't mean the size; the size if fine. I mean the horrible bump in the back near the top that sticks out to about twice the thickness of the rest of the phone.

I don't know what components are housed there, but it's a dumb design decision that completely turned me off to the phone.
    O_o I was not aware of said bump. Now I'm gonna go have to look.

Does anyone remember that earlier Android phone where the entire bottom of the device curved out at a weird angle? I thought it was the original Google Phone. I'd like to think that whoever made that design decision got put into garbage chutes at his place of employment. Blech!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

From an IT standpoint, getting rid of all the Apple products or using nothing but Apple products would be the most sensible decision.

So it makes sense.

Yes.

Standardization of hardware and/or software makes everything simpler to interface.

Hell, isn't that another one of Apple's own mantras?

Once upon a time I worked in IT. I always had the complete opposite philosophy. Yes, one size fits all makes managing the infrastructure much easier. But I always considered my job to be to enable the users to use whatever works best for them to get their job done. I'm just providing the plumbing.

There are limits of course. Let's say iPhones were messing up the Exchange server. I don't know if they actually do that; I left IT long before the first one came out. But let's say they did. I would certainly tell the users "Sorry, you don't get to sync anymore until Apple resolves the issue. It's IMAP email for you, and we'll have your calendar and contacts sync through iTunes instead. If you don't like it, look at these platforms that are working fine."

But I would never cut off support for an entire brand (that my users care about) just because I can't support one of their products.

That is a lovely idea.

But it is not ideal for a business.

I'm NOT it, I'm finance.

You can provide the same high level of support on a streamlined selection of tools for a lower cost.

Your work phone is not supposed to be the toy that you'd most like to play with, it is supposed to be the tool that best allows you to get your work done. If it takes a signifcant ammount of extra effort in order to get a certain individuals phone working for business use, then that is money that the company is losing.

Evander on
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ego wrote: »
    IN THIS THREAD:

Apple fanboys freak the fuck out, explain every single reason Apple products are better than Jesus, and simply can't understand that some people just don't want a fucking Apple.

What in the world happened between your previous post and the above one to prompt this?

Is this just a poor attempt at trolling?

It's there. In writing.

That's... confusing to me. You seem to be implying that I'm an Apple faithful and dick, since the snark basically came from me. Whereas in reality I am a dick, but not an apple fanboy. My post history on the forums can attest to that. I just think the way he provides support (ie: by not supporting shit) is backwards.

That said, we obviously work for very different people. I know IT at call-centers and shit all gets run that way: everyone gets the same phone (or perhaps one of two or three if you're lucky,) everyone gets the same dell optigoogleplex with the same optical mouse and the same operating system and the same type of memory.

By comparison I work for a bunch of commercial real estate companies (among other businesses and people.) I work for them because other tech guys have said they couldn't or wouldn't do something. Prior to that I worked for a university where every department got to pick it's own computing hardware. Prior to that I worked for a school district where individual schools got to make those choices. The philosophies of support involved are obviously very different.
    Which is dodgy as hell at best when being used in practical business applications

I just don't observe this. iphones cause far fewer problems than HTCs, for example. They're a little more focus-intensive for initial setup than RIM products. Once they're both set up, iphones and blackberries generally just keep on ticking.

I hope the HTC your friend buys is a droid, though honestly HTC is so focused on hardware design that it'll probably still break a lot.

I thought someone had already pointed it out regarding stocks, but maybe they didn't: with tech companies, when there's a big announcement coming up, stock tends to climb right up to that announcement, then drop right afterwards when the buzz dies down a bit (this being exacerbated by day traders looking to make a quick buck who are aware of and follow this trend.) I haven't paid attention to Apple stock (not owning any,) but this could very well be what we're observing.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    SpacklerSpackler Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    That's okay, it seems like half the people in here haven't even read the thread title.
    What in the world are you trying to say? That this is the "f you Apple" thread and if you don't share that opinion then you should just geeeeeeeet out?

Also, the phone's sellin' like hotcakes. I move that the title be changed to "Consumers to Apple: We'd Love to Fuck You All Night Long, Baby."

They are fine for personal phones if you don't want to work and want what's cool in the hipster community.

Brit Spears is popular as well, that doesn't make her a good singer.
    blahblahblahblah

Man, if the phone didn't work you'd think it would get returned en mass! Maybe I missed that stat. The "this phone doesn't work and has been returned by a large percentage of users" stat. Did I miss it, or are you still yammering out your whiny IT-guy ass because you don't wike appul?
    It is a convergent device.

Meaning that if one function doesn't work, but another one does, people may still very well keep it.
    Very good point. If you bought a computer and the built-in NIC was slow or bursty, would you return it or buy a $30 network adapter? Now consider that the iPhone is more expensive than a computer, tied to a contract with AT&T and thus likely more annoying to return, and you likely put a bunch of effort into customizing it and adding apps right after you bought it, and the fix is the same price...

Spackler on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I can see that, but if the device were really broken I don't think that people would keep it. I don't think they'd go, well this is my new iPod and I'll go buy something I can make calls with. And as you say, I'm interested to see how the sales numbers go from here on out. I'm interested in whether or not people are concerned about Jobs' attitude, or if they just care about "free case, its all good now," or what.

Or am I *still* missing your point? I seem pretty good at missing points lately. :P

No, you got it right. And in fact, you may be completely right - people may simply not be returning it because they do really love it. If the sales numbers stay pretty consistent over the next month or two, I would be willing to accept that point. I just don't think that case has been made well enough yet.

Also, it seems odd to me that Apple, a company whose products are supposed to be so visually pleasing, has made the official fix for a notable hardware problem be "put a case on it" thereby hiding the aesthetics they are so proud of (at least the external ones).

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

O_o I was not aware of said bump. Now I'm gonna go have to look.

Does anyone remember that earlier Android phone where the entire bottom of the device curved out at a weird angle? I thought it was the original Google Phone. I'd like to think that whoever made that design decision got put into garbage chutes at his place of employment. Blech!

The Vibrant also has an absurd bump on the back of it (behind the touch buttons along the bottom)

The G1 does curve out a bit, but it isn't so bad. If you want absurd, check out the european Hero.

htc-hero-2-550x390.jpg

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Also, it seems odd to me that Apple, a company whose products are supposed to be so visually pleasing, has made the official fix for a notable hardware problem be "put a case on it" thereby hiding the aesthetics they are so proud of (at least the external ones).

It is funny, in a way. Apple's whole thing is holding up aesthetics and engineering side by side, and in the iphone 4 they've managed to send both in to a deathspiral together, where a problem in one destroys the other.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh goodness, that Hero's curve is exactly what I was thinking about Evander. That just screams either "uncomfortable in pockets" or "SNAP goes the bottom of the phone" to me. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The intent of the curve there is probably to alter how you hold the phone while using it to browse or whatever, which I can respect - it may in fact be more comfortable.

Still ugly as hell.

Nostregar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Here are some quotes from the OP
    But before this, there was been general discontent brewing toward Apple.
    Evander wrote:
    When a company refuses a sale to a consumer, that consumer has a right to inform others about this, and to try to pressure that company in to making the sale threw other means.

The entire point of the last pages has been about how consumers are angry at Apple, and expressing that anger to try and influence the company's response, or choosing not to buy their products.

While the specific word "revolt" has not been brought up, that's the general gist of the sentiments. If you want to be a semantic goose and continue to argue the point, feel free.

adytum on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Here's the Droid X bump I'm talking about:
    motorola-droid-x-3.jpg

Completely turned me off the phone. It's otherwise a nice phone. Oh well.

adytum on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    motorola-droid-x-3.jpg

That's hilarious. When quoting the thickness in the specs, does Motorola measure at the bump? Otherwise, that's some blatant spec cheating going on.

enc0re on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    You're babbling on about how consumers are revolting. Except they aren't. Everyone I know- which is a lot of people- have and love their iPhone 4's. Even more, including myself, would happily buy one if they weren't exclusive to the worst area network.

The majority of the bitching is coming from those that would never buy an iPhone- out of some irrational hatred of Apple, not because of it's relative performance against other phones.

It's kind of hilarious to read all the ramblings in this and other threads.

Hello.

I was planning to purchase an iPhone4 for quite a while and have decided not to due to the antenna issue.

Does my opinion get to count now?

in my experience, the i4 antenna really does pull a better signal than other phones i have used in my place. I had to return a mororola SLVR because it didn't work at all with AT&T at all in my house (had to like go outside on the balcony to use the phone), but the i4 holds between 1 and 3 bars all the time.

I keep a bumper on it and haven't had problems with signal attenuation.

So if you're worried about the antenna for practical reasons, I don't think you'll have a problem. If you're just resentful because you think Apple is too smug or shouldn't have engineered the phone that way or something, then i guess it doesn't matter either way.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    motorola-droid-x-3.jpg

That's hilarious. When quoting the thickness in the specs, does Motorola measure at the bump? Otherwise, that's some blatant spec cheating going on.

They use a calculus function in the measurement.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2010
    Clearly consumers hate Apple SO MUCH that they are buying all their products in RECORD NUMBERS so that they can teach them a lesson they'll never forget!

bongi on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    bongi wrote: »
    Clearly consumers hate Apple SO MUCH that they are buying all their products in RECORD NUMBERS so that they can teach them a lesson they'll never forget!

o_O

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2010

o_O

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/apple-posts-record-3-25b-profits-in-first-full-quarter-of-ipad/

bongi on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

o_O

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/20/apple-posts-record-3-25b-profits-in-first-full-quarter-of-ipad/

What does that have to do with you going so overboard with sarcasm that you threatened to tear asunder the very fabric of the internet?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2010

o_O

What does that have to do with you going so overboard with sarcasm that you threatened to tear asunder the very fabric of the internet?

Because a thread title this silly deserves only silly posts.

bongi on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    You're babbling on about how consumers are revolting. Except they aren't. Everyone I know- which is a lot of people- have and love their iPhone 4's. Even more, including myself, would happily buy one if they weren't exclusive to the worst area network.

The majority of the bitching is coming from those that would never buy an iPhone- out of some irrational hatred of Apple, not because of it's relative performance against other phones.

Hello.

I was planning to purchase an iPhone4 for quite a while and have decided not to due to the antenna issue.

in my experience, the i4 antenna really does pull a better signal than other phones i have used in my place. I had to return a mororola SLVR because it didn't work at all with AT&T at all in my house (had to like go outside on the balcony to use the phone), but the i4 holds between 1 and 3 bars all the time.

So if you're worried about the antenna for practical reasons, I don't think you'll have a problem. If you're just resentful because you think Apple is too smug or shouldn't have engineered the phone that way or something, then i guess it doesn't matter either way.

I've got an iPhone 4, and I can't for the life of me get it to drop a call/data with my finger.

This is why a lot of people wonder if the problem really is as horrible as people seem to say.

Oh, and the bump on the Droid X? I'm testing one out now, and it's really not too bad. The device is BIG though, and sometimes has trouble fitting in my pants. The screen's nice (if not as high-res as the iPhone 4), but the phone isn't for everyone. Droid 2's coming out next month if you're willing to wait.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Hello.

I've got an iPhone 4, and I can't for the life of me get it to drop a call/data with my finger.

This is why a lot of people wonder if the problem really is as horrible as people seem to say.

Oh, and the bump on the Droid X? I'm testing one out now, and it's really not too bad. The device is BIG though, and sometimes has trouble fitting in my pants. The screen's nice (if not as high-res as the iPhone 4), but the phone isn't for everyone. Droid 2's coming out next month if you're willing to wait.

It took three and a half years before I had RROD on an xbox. I know people who wnet through five RRODs in that span of time.

If your antenna works that is great for you, but trying to minimize the idea that a problem exists at all based solely on that is silly. Consumer Reports wouldn't have printed what they did if the issue were not real.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

o_O

Because a thread title this silly deserves only silly posts.

If you hate the thread then don't post in it.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Here are some quotes from the OP
    But before this, there was been general discontent brewing toward Apple.
    Evander wrote:
    When a company refuses a sale to a consumer, that consumer has a right to inform others about this, and to try to pressure that company in to making the sale threw other means.

The entire point of the last pages has been about how consumers are angry at Apple, and expressing that anger to try and influence the company's response, or choosing not to buy their products.

While the specific word "revolt" has not been brought up, that's the general gist of the sentiments. If you want to be a semantic goose and continue to argue the point, feel free.

You are still completely irrational. A revolt against apple implies that consumers are EXPECTED to purchase from apple to begin with. There is no such expectation. outside of the mp3 player market Apple isn't really the leader of any market. They are a hip brand, that's all.

Evander on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    It took three and a half years before I had RROD on an xbox. I know people who wnet through five RRODs in that span of time.

If your antenna works that is great for you, but trying to minimize the idea that a problem exists at all based solely on that is silly. Consumer Reports wouldn't have printed what they did if the issue were not real.

has anyone claimed that their antenna was problematic while using a case?

i mean, i have not seen that reported anywhere.

so i guess you could say: if you want to use an iphone in a low-signal environment, then use the free case!

the antenna problems are really important to the following people

a) people who want to use their phone without a case in low-signal environments

b) people who have no plans to buy the phone in the first place but resent apple and like bitching on the internets

how would you guess the ratios break down there, Evander? which class do you belong to?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

has anyone claimed that their antenna was problematic while using a case?

i mean, i have not seen that reported anywhere.

so i guess you could say: if you want to use an iphone in a low-signal environment, then use the free case!

the antenna problems are really important to the following people

a) people who want to use their phone without a case in low-signal environments

b) people who have no plans to buy the phone in the first place but resent apple and like bitching on the internets

how would you guess the ratios break down there, Evander? which class do you belong to?

You know, when did it become wrong to expect items to work out of the box properly, without any workarounds?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum