I read about a one-eyed dude who put in a camera to replace his missing eye

Ivar on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    like a cellphone camera?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wanted to join the coast guard but I was too old.

Weaver on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Only young hotties need apply

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i'd get all kinds of rad eyeballs if i had a glass eye, like the bad guy from The Last Action Hero or Butcher Bill from Gangs of New York

Oh man tapping the eye with a huge knife is a thing I would do every 10 minutes on the dot

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was gonna join the Army. But then I got Corhns and the army don't take no sickly folks.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Solid BonesSolid Bones Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Are we poking peoples' eyes out in here?

Is that what we do?

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i'd get all kinds of rad eyeballs if i had a glass eye, like the bad guy from The Last Action Hero or Butcher Bill from Gangs of New York

bill.jpg

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    If I had a glass eyeball I'd have it facing forward and then look at lady parts, when accused I'll just say the real eye that's looking is my fake one.

Just put a screw in your eye like that guy in that dinosaur movie.

You know the one.

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry I'm late to the party...
    Umaro wrote: »
    Those are SEALs, and unless you're hardcore crazy you should probably steer clear of that route! There's also aviation ordnancemen, whose job it is to load missiles and other munitions onto airplanes.
    My rating was the latter and I've worked with the former. I wouldn't recommend AO as you're going to run into some real knuckle draggers in that group, and it's not exactly glamorous work (although it can be fun depending on what 'Ron you get assigned to.) Personally I'd say AE or AT to be the more technically interesting ratings (this is all from my perspective, so YMMV.) I highly recommend an airman rating though.

Regarding SEALs, stay the hell away. There is a very specific psychological mindset that these guys require (in addition to the physical requirements, which are extreme.) If you are really interested in bomb disposal, you can try for EOD, but the training is still pretty tough (I believe they go through the same BUDs program that the SEALs do) and you're likely to serve in a combat zone.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would obviously have a glass eye and an eye patch. Switch out as the situation dictates.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    glass eye in one socket, eye patch over the other

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shorty wrote: »
    I used to be in the Navy. It's not an experience I recommend. Here are some things to keep in mind:

Very few, if any, of our country's military engagements are justified, ethically, politically or otherwise.

You will be sold a picture of nobility and brotherhood. This is a farce. Instead, you will find the same ignorance, stupidity, hatred, intolerance and other bullshit that you will find in any other area of humanity, coupled with a blind devotion to tradition.

You will be paid a salary which will, at first, seem like a fairly outlandish sum, especially if you're young. However, once you become acquainted with the degree of bureacracy and bullshit that is inherent in a single day of military life, the true value of your salary will become apparent: it is a pittance. The combat pay is especially insulting; the added risk of combat conveys a monthly bonus of a few hundred dollars.

Should you decide that all of this is acceptable, and that the benefits of the military outweigh any ethical, economic, or philosophical objections you might have, I will give you one piece of advice. It will help you more than anything else anyone might tell you, more than you will know. Mind your own business. Not anyone else's. You see someone doing something incorrectly or something ethically wrong, or anything of that nature, no matter how big or small, you keep your goddamned mouth shut. What did you see? Nothing. You didn't see shit. Don't lie. If asked, and especially if ordered, tell the truth. Don't volunteer. Should you ignore this, you will at best be perceived as a know-it-all, at worst a traitor. Neither are opinions you want in the men who will be sleeping next to you. That's all.

I have to say my experience was completely different, in the Army. In my unit we were encouraged to point out the correct way things were to be done. I was especially encouraged to do this by my first NCO. You did things the right way and made sure the people around you did also. If they didn't' like it, fuck them, they're not your friends if they're doing the wrong shit.

The brotherhood thing is real, to a point. When your out actually doing shit, people will look out for each other. When you're off duty, or even just not currently training, you're going to have your friendship groups same as in civilian life. some people you're going to hate, other like, ect...ect.

I can only guess you were in a real shitty unit.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I find the amount of masturbating public figures have to do the Military pretty irritating.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have no romance about the military and I'm glad you said what you said, Shorty, but I am an idealist and a loud mouth. I guess that's why I'd rather be a know-it-all officer than a know-it-all grunt. At least the pay is better.

As an officer you will only spend a few years actually leading anyone. For the most part, silver bar LT's are the only officers that really lead troops. Butter bars mostly jsut keep their moths shut and learn what it is to be a soldier. Once you make O2 you'll actually be in a position to lead some troops. Once you really know what you're doing you'll be a Captain and no longer leading anybody but just pushing paper and telling your LT's what you want done.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You have to masturbate a lot in the military

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I find I did less, you don't get as much privacy.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cabe where on the ladder are you allowed to feed on the hearts of the deceased to gain their strength?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Orders from the top

Solid Bones on
    Tea and Scrabble
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cabe where on the ladder are you allowed to feed on the hearts of the deceased to gain their strength?

I was enlisted, I'm pretty sure that's an officer thing. I think it starts at O2.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You know what's cool?

Canada's getting a big squadron of F-35s to replace the CF-18

Take that other countries with your non-stealth air-forces

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, shorty seems like kind of a cock

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    You know what's cool?

Oh good you can put them on your aircraft carri-BAHAHAHAHAHAHA what in gods name would you need airplanes for??

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I have no romance about the military and I'm glad you said what you said, Shorty, but I am an idealist and a loud mouth. I guess that's why I'd rather be a know-it-all officer than a know-it-all grunt. At least the pay is better.

As an officer you will only spend a few years actually leading anyone. For the most part, silver bar LT's are the only officers that really lead troops. Butter bars mostly jsut keep their moths shut and learn what it is to be a soldier. Once you make O2 you'll actually be in a position to lead some troops. Once you really know what you're doing you'll be a Captain and no longer leading anybody but just pushing paper and telling your LT's what you want done.
    Shoot, now I'm starting to feel all romantic again.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what's cool?

Oh good you can put them on your aircraft carri-BAHAHAHAHAHAHA what in gods name would you need airplanes for??

cleaning up our mess down in afghanistan, mostly

but we're trying to do that now

and people hate it! why sacrifice american lives! canada was doing that!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Oh man tapping the eye with a huge knife is a thing I would do every 10 minutes on the dot

Someone comes into the same bathroom as you

As they finish up they check their watch, just hit ten past nine on the dot

Then behind them in one of the stalls they hear it, faintly but with distinction

tink tink tink

Gatsby on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what's cool?

Now you guys can have arguments about the F-22 vs. F-35 just like us!

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You know what's cool?

Now you guys can have arguments about the F-22 vs. F-35 just like us!

Now ya got me googling it!

Holy crap are all F-35s VTOL? If that's the case then I'll take them over F-22s thanks

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They have a few different varients pending on what the need is. The VTOL is sold to the Navy.
    Wiki says:
    The F-35 has three different models; one is a conventional takeoff and landing variant, the second is a short take off and vertical-landing variant, and the third is a carrier-based variant.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-35_Lightning_II

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what's cool?

oh cool you're nearly as advanced as other such military superpowers as australia

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Australia leads the world in the giant knife industry, though.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    knoifs

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    PkErthbndPkErthbnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    knifey-spoony-6582.jpg

PkErthbnd on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Now let us never speak of Australia ever again.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »

I find I did less, you don't get as much privacy.

Privacy? Oh shi-

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dammit leave Australia out of this

Gatsby on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The F-35 seems it will be rife with as many problems as the F-22 had.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    The F-35 seems it will be rife with as many problems as the F-22 had.

But its number is so high...

Also it looks like a spaceship wooosh.

Also also this shit:

f35_technology_das.jpg

Uriel on
  • Options
    PedantophilePedantophile Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Man, shorty seems like kind of a cock
    This would go a long way in explaining why he disliked his experience in the military.

Pedantophile on
    "Considering what your people did to my people during WWII I think a little kissing and breast fondling to be minor reparations, at best."