fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    streaming the sandlot

downloading a game

sittin in a hotel room, just played mini golf with my dad

what a world eh

also, I'm a man child and not really proud of it. it seems like a weird thing to defend. argue the definition sure but I can't think of a way that's a term I'd want applied to me.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have literally never seen the animal ears thing outside of hen parties.

I find it kinda hard to believe this is actually something that is seen on anything like a basis where you can't remember each incident.

Leitner on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    hahahaha

danny devito dressed as the troll in the nightman cometh

amazing

Organichu on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Children of Man-children

Yes?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Interestingly enough Will, I was raised the exact same way, except that when I was taught adult things, there was usually a reward system- I.E. we taught you to cook, now we will pay you X dollars if you make dinner, we taught you how to mow the lawn, we will pay you Y dollars to mow the yard, and the money was mine to spend.

I spent it on books, LEGO bricks, action figures and video games, as well as specific snacks for myself that my parents wouldn't buy.

Interesting how our childhood shapes our adult life and views, no?

yeah i got paid (a little) for doing things like mowing the lawn

i mowed neighbor's lawns and shoveled walks for money, mostly

and i spent it on comics and candy and toys, like most kids

i guess i just hit some points in my life where i kind of left my interest in gi joes and transformers and d&d behind. some of it just sloughed off and some of it felt unworthy of myself as an adult.

(i still play video games some though)

What makes an action look more or less worthy for an adult?

I don't know, I think Echo and Sipex nailed this on the head, but you still seem to disagree with that, or at least want to stick other quantifiers on it that put us right back at the beginning of 'certain hobbies are for kids, certain hobbies are for big people", which I don't think is really helpful, accurate, or fair.

Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    First PC game that I bought with my own money was Castle of the Winds.

Dating myself here.
    Castle of the Winds (CotW) is a tile-based roguelike computer game for Windows 3.x. It was developed by SaadaSoft and published by Epic MegaGames in 1989

Sheep on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    desc wrote: »
    Firewaterword, I am fascinated by your "in the game closet" post.
    Yeah, I'd never really thought about it until recently, but I think between talk of PAX and the shambling groans of the gamer culture thread sort of made me think about how I approach gaming.

I buy a shitload of games every year, but if you saw my living room, the only evidence of being a gamer would be the 360, and I went out of my way to get the elite, since it was black and blends into to everything else. To most people it just looks like another fancy bit of tech I guess. But if you were to open the little tablestand thing, you'd be blinded by the glare of green 360 game cases.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't think b franks was a man child

oh yeah. total man child.

So was Mark Twain

Huge gadget freak. The dude was a serious early adopter. Made a boardgame too.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hahahaha

amazing

gotta pay the troll toll

also holy fuck you went through it fast if you watched in order. this is good and shows a strong moral fiber.

there's a dialog exchange in the play between him and dennis that is one of my favorite moments in the series (though I have many of these)

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hahahaha

amazing

You do love your boy's holes don't you?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Dating myself here.
    Castle of the Winds (CotW) is a tile-based roguelike computer game for Windows 3.x. It was developed by SaadaSoft and published by Epic MegaGames in 1989

Mine was Transport Tycoon

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, goddam, do I love, commas, as, a punctuation, mark.

Sorry about that guys.

Arch on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    mother fuck

my brain just tried to write the cyborg manifesto for bdsm

What does this even mean?

Donna Haraway's Cyborg Manifesto is a famously dense to the point of almost unreadability (but very good) slab of feminist theory that deals with technology, identity, and the various intersections thereof. It posits a cyborg existence both currently and in a futurist manner.

My brain just ran out and started running up much the same sort of ideas, but for the power dynamics involved in D/s stuff.
    All I got from that was robots

That would be what most people get, yes.

@Elldren: you are awesome.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Really hoping for that iOS fix. My one year old phone is almost as good to me as a brick. This is pretty sub par.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    First video game? Donkey Kong on the NES, along with mario and duck hunt

First computer game? Red Alert

Arch on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    I have literally never seen the animal ears thing outside of hen parties.

I find it kinda hard to believe this is actually something that is seen on anything like a basis where you can't remember each incident.

I see fat girls in anime hoodies wearing cat ears in a specific park quite often. Like, I'm sure if I went there now I could find one.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Look at these awesome graphics.
    Cotw-screen.gif

Woo 1989.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    most people just can't handle it lol

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I'd never really thought about it until recently, but I think between talk of PAX and the shambling groans of the gamer culture thread sort of made me think about how I approach gaming.

I buy a shitload of games every year, but if you saw my living room, the only evidence of being a gamer would be the 360, and I went out of my way to get the elite, since it was black and blends into to everything else. To most people it just looks like another fancy bit of tech I guess. But if you were to open the little tablestand thing, you'd be blinded by the glare of green 360 game cases.

that's just common sense.

I mean, normally I have a controller out, but if I'm expecting company it goes away in its drawer. Otherwise there is no visible evidence of games without poking about (or opening the closet... opening the closet is a dead giveaway what with the old systems and the guitar controller and the warhammer minis)

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Dating myself here.

I remember one that was just "Castle.exe", it was more or less a roguelike. I have no idea of its origins or real name though and I've never heard of it since.

You were a club symbol though IIRC rather than an @.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Really hoping for that iOS fix. My one year old phone is almost as good to me as a brick. This is pretty sub par.

Fix for what?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not counting mario/duck hunt, mine was Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. That game was for masochists, but I have good memories of it.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Bristol is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, Mojo. You can't expect to find that level of depravity in normal society.

Bogart on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    yeah i moved through it quickly

watching charlie melt down throughout the play is absolutely amazing

Organichu on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bogart wrote: »
    Bristol is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, Mojo. You can't expect to find that level of depravity in normal society.
    I don't think Dancing with the Stars can get much worse, though.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

I mean, normally I have a controller out, but if I'm expecting company it goes away in its drawer. Otherwise there is no visible evidence of games without poking about (or opening the closet... opening the closet is a dead giveaway what with the old systems and the guitar controller and the warhammer minis)

we have all the systems (technically every current-gen system) out next to the television along with the vcr and surround sound

but all the movies and stuff are put away...in clear plastic organizers. those ones from target that were like five dollars and have three drawers each.

Also the board game+lego bricks shelf is in the living room

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I would really like to be able to do that, but generally I'm not in spaces where I can do that. Mind you, I'm in university where everyone's rooms are just random piles of stuff in general.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't think b franks was a man child

Man, all that kite-flying.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Not counting mario/duck hunt, mine was Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle. That game was for masochists, but I have good memories of it.

I fucking loved that game.

great example of a game I did well at as a kid but can't play for shit now. and I've tried, believe me. one of my absolute favorites growing up.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Mm, yeah I guess I'd agree with that being part of good housekeeping.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know which thread is which anymore. Every thread I open up is talking about gamers or cat ears or man-children.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I would love to play a roguelike, but I am tainted

I can barely even play games from the N64, or the playstation that weren't like, sprite games

I understand that the appeal of the roguelike is the simplistic graphics which allow more focus on the choices made but

I just can't get it

Arch on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    My earliest video game memory is some Pac-Man clone in first person. Them fucking ghosts were scary. When they caught you, their teeth chomped down on the screen.

And this was on a green monochrome VIC.

Echo on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Children of Man-children

Yes?

It's the movie adaptation of a book. Wherein people are too busy building legos, so no one has sex anymore and there are no babbys.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mrflippy wrote: »
    I don't know which thread is which anymore. Every thread I open up is talking about gamers or cat ears or man-children.

Just another day at the korean frat boy forum.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also: Will you seem really big on societal roles.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I just have a room in a house but both my room and our TV room are instant giveaways that there is a nerd in the house. my room is... I sometimes get embarrassed standing in it. my only hope is the movie nerd shit outweighs the video game nerd shit.

tv room has a very obvious ps3, wii, and 360, and a desktop hooked to its own monitor. I don't think anyone gets very far into our house without knowing for fucking sure I'm a nerd.

then again no one really comes into our house that doesn't know this already.

Variable on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    first game zelda 2, played before walking or talking. I apparently stole my brother's controller and immediately walked into a pit.

I'm trying to find the name of my first pc game but it was children's software for a tandy computer. The games were actually pretty fucking good for what they were, but I can't remember the name of the software.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    My earliest video game memory is some Pac-Man clone in first person. Them fucking ghosts were scary. When they caught you, their teeth chomped down on the screen.

And this was on a green monochrome VIC.

Faceball?

firewaterword on
This discussion has been closed.