Options

[MOBA BROBA] League of Legends - Bros Like This Game

• Options
    CWheezyCWheezy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes heartseeker costs 70 mana so I run out way faster.

I owned lanes before with spear shot, his early game was way more powerful, I am trying to max heartseeker, and this shit is fucking awful, I don't understand where people get off saying oh man it does so much damage, whenever I do it it is like oh it does like two spear shots before the nerf, how fucking fantabulous.

trying to harrass with spear seems pointless if I just save for combo, trying to do both seems awful.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I hate this fucking shit

CWheezy on
  • Options
    priestwithknivespriestwithknives Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sokpuppet wrote: »

you can never have too much move speed.

For fun played as janna with boots of speed, 3 movement speed quints, a force of nature, and a lichbane before we won. Was going to get a phantom dancer but took too long. Was running around at 535 movement speed while throwing seagulls in people's faces.

Also I've found out I can make baby jesus cry.

priestwithknives on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    you don't exactly need to land hss often. a couple spears worth of harassment and one full combo will kill ashe, trist, karthus, etc. the nerf to spear shot is very small, relative to the ad scaling increase on HSS.

i guess you were used to a gameplay style where HSS wasn't very powerful, so you didn't bother including it in your combo sometimes?

i mean, maybe it's psychological. look at the math.

Organichu on
  • Options
    WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    guys I just played attack speed taric

manamune/berserker's greaves/nashor's tooth

4/1/10 (my only death occurred when I was typing)

as taric is best taric

enemy surrendered before I could get an IE

WhiteShark on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    yesss

whenever I get enough points I want to try an attack Taric that focuses on Nashor's/Guinsoo/Lichbane

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Okay; this is what I've figured out for laning Trundle:

Philo Stone
    Sheen
    Boots
    Brutalizer
    Tri Force
    Ghostblade
    Bloodthirster

You play pretty conservatively until you've got the Sheen & Brutalizer - then you just let 'em have it.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'ma grind out enough points for Karthus. He looks fun.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CWheezy wrote: »
    Yes heartseeker costs 70 mana so I run out way faster.

I owned lanes before with spear shot, his early game was way more powerful, I am trying to max heartseeker, and this shit is fucking awful, I don't understand where people get off saying oh man it does so much damage, whenever I do it it is like oh it does like two spear shots before the nerf, how fucking fantabulous.

trying to harrass with spear seems pointless if I just save for combo, trying to do both seems awful.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I hate this fucking shit
    I am so happy right now.

I mean, even though at present Pantheon is even more broken than before, this just pleases me beyond measure.

Maybe, if you actually invested some time in learning how to play champions, instead of just surfing a two-button-to-win character to the top and then crowing about how you've got this game grokked, you wouldn't be having this problem.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I want either Kassadin or Anivia next. Some fun AP carry. Probably Kassadin. I love high-mobility champions.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You can build Kass in quite a few ways as well, because of his passive.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    2 solo queues in a row with leavers.

NOPE THOUGH

NOPE SOLO QUEUE SURE ISNT FULL OF BULLSHIT

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ...and 1 with intentionally feeding Nasus.

THIS SHIT IS AWESOME

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm saving up for someone tanky, now that I have a decent rune set.

Singed, Gragas, or Rammus?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rammus if you like to jungle, Gragas if you like to lane, Singed if you like to troll.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There, I finally won.

...Because the enemy team had a leaver.

THIS GAME

I can't wait to play with vent folks after I get some sleep.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gragas if you like to jungle, Singed if you like to lane, Rammus if you like to troll.

Zoelef on
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    So small question

how are you guys building the sivir

i might have embarked myself into a strange journey

You don't need a mana item on Sivir if you take regen yellows, and make sure you catch a spell now and again. Start doran's blade. Depending on your lane match up/opponents team get merc treads/zerker boots. Depending on your lane match up get attack speed or damage (attack speed against squishies). I am now leveling her w, e, w, q, w, r, alternate Q and W with pref to R.

If I'm really getting them low with W, I will get a 2nd level of Q to harass harder/get a kill. Don't leave W on, but use it to attack the minion closest to your lane opponents.

After attack speed item/after your BT get the other one. If you are getting focused get a banshee veil (double bubble baby). Continue buying damage items and/or get an item that helps you AND your team. I.E. Starks if you have other auto attackers/attack speed members on your team.

Edit: Since you're one of the best farmer's in the game, getting a Starks for your auto attackers is something you can do easily and cheaply. Also, the armor pen aura will apply when your ricochet's hit.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, thoughts on Trundle:

I'm having a ton of fun with him, so long as I lane with him. His jungling is hella fast, but I feel like his ganking ability is extremely vulnerable to Flash or an equivalent character ability.

Pillar of filth is awesome times to use (I'm now realizing that I love abilities that put obstructions onto the field); any advice for not so obvious tricks for it? I'm doing typical things like disrupting enemy team positioning, revealing dudes in bushes, blocking runners and getting chasers off of people.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Offically on the list of 'Not playing random in-houses'

Welcome!

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also guys, there is something very, very, very, wrong when I have to go play solo queue in order to NOT LOSE. Take a moment, consider WTF is going on, and then let us continue winning.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Welcome!

how do you guys fuck everything up so bad when your god-king mooman is not present?

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »

Welcome!

how do you guys fuck everything up so bad when your god-king mooman is not present?

People say "it's just for fun and learning" but when I ask questions like "What masteries are good on this guy?" the response is 30/30/30. Thanks a lot guys.

When I ask questions like "How should I build/level this guy?" the response "Max R". No shit. Thanks guys.

Seriously, I don't understand why people turn into raging SILLY GEESE just because we're playing an in house. At least when I play with strangers I don't wonder why they're being SILLY GEESE. I guess I just expect better from the PA vent people.

Finally, I don't care if people don't want to spend the time balancing teams, but playing a stomp fest for reduced IP isn't fun

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Welcome!

People say "it's just for fun and learning" but when I ask questions like "What masteries are good on this guy?" the response is 30/30/30. Thanks a lot guys.

When I ask questions like "How should I build/level this guy?" the response "Max R". No shit. Thanks guys.

hahaha

that happened to you once, right?

whatevs

there's no pleasing 10 people when a bunch of people can't handle losing, oh well.

can't please 'em all, all the time. rather have people have fun in 5s than not fun in 10s.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    to be honest with the changes to pantheon I dunno if I can play this game any more.

Any time i play him he feels like shit, to me these are still nerfs. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I always have no mana, and the combo feels week as fuck even with rank 2 and three there.

You are doing something wrong. Suddenly he starts destroying the game completely in the hands of other people and you get WORSE with him?

Yeah it's on you. His early game stun + HSS takes off a good chunk of health. The good Pants I see run ghost+flash and usually go mid.The stack Ar Pen like crazy and they harass with that combo and then flash+ghost into your tower to finish you off if you try to hang back.

Stop trying to focus spear and work on getting HSS up more. Once you hit six drop on the heads of anyone in the game regardless of whether they are at a tower and kill them before the tower gets two hits on you.

I don't understand how you can get worse with a champ that was buffed. O_o

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Welcome!

hahaha

that happened to you once, right?

whatevs

there's no pleasing 10 people when a bunch of people can't handle losing, oh well.

can't please 'em all, all the time. rather have people have fun in 5s than not fun in 10s.

Dude wtf? I don't care about losing a custom game. I care about people telling me it's for fun and learning and no one responds to my question. I don't understand how you can read everything I wrote and then decide the reason I'm saying anything at all is because I lost.

Edit: WTF ever. I am done talking about this. It's not worth getting angry about.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    League of Trolls

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also known as the League of Zens

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Trolls of Legends?

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    to be honest with the changes to pantheon I dunno if I can play this game any more.

Any time i play him he feels like shit, to me these are still nerfs. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I always have no mana, and the combo feels week as fuck even with rank 2 and three there.

You are doing something wrong. Suddenly he starts destroying the game completely in the hands of other people and you get WORSE with him?

Yeah it's on you. His early game stun + HSS takes off a good chunk of health. The good Pants I see run ghost+flash and usually go mid.The stack Ar Pen like crazy and they harass with that combo and then flash+ghost into your tower to finish you off if you try to hang back.

Stop trying to focus spear and work on getting HSS up more. Once you hit six drop on the heads of anyone in the game regardless of whether they are at a tower and kill them before the tower gets two hits on you.

I don't understand how you can get worse with a champ that was buffed. O_o

I got worse at Kayle when they buffed her from support tank to carry support. I kept maxing Q and thinking I was beefier than I was :(

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So small question

You don't need a mana item on Sivir if you take regen yellows, and make sure you catch a spell now and again. Start doran's blade. Depending on your lane match up/opponents team get merc treads/zerker boots. Depending on your lane match up get attack speed or damage (attack speed against squishies). I am now leveling her w, e, w, q, w, r, alternate Q and W with pref to R.

If I'm really getting them low with W, I will get a 2nd level of Q to harass harder/get a kill. Don't leave W on, but use it to attack the minion closest to your lane opponents.

After attack speed item/after your BT get the other one. If you are getting focused get a banshee veil (double bubble baby). Continue buying damage items and/or get an item that helps you AND your team. I.E. Starks if you have other auto attackers/attack speed members on your team.

Edit: Since you're one of the best farmer's in the game, getting a Starks for your auto attackers is something you can do easily and cheaply. Also, the armor pen aura will apply when your ricochet's hit.

leveling W first is a waste of time and completely ignores how powerful q is early game.

And if you want to spam q, you need mana regen items. I see a lot of sivirs start meki pendant first, and build it at first oppertunity into a chalice so they can spam q and make your day miserable.

Generally Q, E, Q, W, Q, R , Q, W, Q, W, R
    Q > W > E > R

If you find you need to block enemy skillshots more often put another point into E instead of W.

Make it your goal to get chalice asap. Once you have the required money, base and get back to lane. Even if you lose out on 30 seconds of last hitting you are gunna make it up by being able to spam Q almost on recharge. From there you can build into many of sivirs viable builds, from warmogs + atma's + BV, to aura stacking sivir rushing starks, to hard carry sivir stacking BT's.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Draygo wrote: »
    So small question

leveling W first is a waste of time and completely ignores how powerful q is early game.

And if you want to spam q, you need mana regen items. I see a lot of sivirs start meki pendant first, and build it at first oppertunity into a chalice so they can spam q and make your day miserable.

Generally Q, E, Q, W, Q, R , Q, W, Q, W, R
    Q > W > E > R

If you find you need to block enemy skillshots more often put another point into E instead of W.

Make it your goal to get chalice asap. Once you have the required money, base and get back to lane. Even if you lose out on 30 seconds of last hitting you are gunna make it up by being able to spam Q almost on recharge. From there you can build into many of sivirs viable builds, from warmogs + atma's + BV, to aura stacking sivir rushing starks, to hard carry sivir stacking BT's.

That's the way I used to do Sivir. The way I've been doing it lately is better. Just because you CAN spam abilities with a chalice doesn't mean you NEED to. I get more kills chipping away at the enemy champ and then surprising them with a BB than just throwing BB's all day, because they see them coming and it's a slow moving projectile.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    it's definitely the vicinity of the mountain wang.

also I like playing this game high as fuck.

I will be doing this in a short time

LOG ON

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    People got seriously distraught when I suggested that Sivir might be more useful than Yi, which tells me everything I need to know about the quality of players in this thread. :lol:

The dude I ignored was on an unrelated topic, and clearly just a hothead looking for an argument. No rational discussion possible = ignored.

Back on yi topic; No competent team will ever, EVER not kill yi the very instant after an alpha strike. Not to make any generalizations or anything...
    god you're such a noob that thinks he knows everything, it's almost embarrassing.

"pro-pinions from people who never play said champ"

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't think I'll have as good a Vlad game as I did last night.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That's the way I used to do Sivir. The way I've been doing it lately is better. Just because you CAN spam abilities with a chalice doesn't mean you NEED to. I get more kills chipping away at the enemy champ and then surprising them with a BB than just throwing BB's all day, because they see them coming and it's a slow moving projectile.

I cant agree. Sivirs most powerful moments in the game is from the levels 3-9 range. Maxing out W first does not net nearly as much harrass and deny potential as maxing out Q. And just because you can throw it nearly on recharge doesnt mean you should. You should wait till you can score a good hit. One of sivirs problems earlygame is that if the enemy lane knows what they are doing they can deny you. Maxing w does not help you one bit if they are pushing you out of auto attack range. Maxing BB means you get to hurt them back, and eventually they will let you back in auto attack range of the minions or die, but probably the former. IF you have a lane partner, again maxing BB will net you more damage and should net you more kills or more ability to deny if your lane parter has any kind of cc at all. Good laning means last hitting and not pushing your lane, leveling W means you will push your lane with it on, so having more than one point in it hurts you more than it helps. And if you arnt toggling it on why did you level it in the first place?

In addition due to damage reduction on the w per bounce and without getting any real + AD you arnt going to be netting that much damage by the third hit anyway.

Generally I make it my goal to either kill the enemy players or deny them so that they are sitting to the back side of their tower while I let my partner freefarm. I usually dont do too much farming early because sivir can make up for it mid-game by clearing lanes quickly.

Draygo on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I picked up pantheon during the sale because I wanted a more bursty melee champ.

I believe I made the right choice.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ughhhhhhhhhh where is the ughhhhhhhh vent info?

I'm trying to look in the sticky, but I can't find it.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes because people with opinions other than yours must immediately go on your ignore list

League of Trolls indeed

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Draygo wrote: »

I cant agree. Sivirs most powerful moments in the game is from the levels 3-9 range. Maxing out W first does not net nearly as much harrass and deny potential as maxing out Q. And just because you can throw it nearly on recharge doesnt mean you should. You should wait till you can score a good hit. One of sivirs problems earlygame is that if the enemy lane knows what they are doing they can deny you. Maxing w does not help you one bit if they are pushing you out of auto attack range. Maxing BB means you get to hurt them back, and eventually they will let you back in auto attack range of the minions or die, but probably the former. IF you have a lane partner, again maxing BB will net you more damage and should net you more kills or more ability to deny if your lane parter has any kind of cc at all. Good laning means last hitting and not pushing your lane, leveling W means you will push your lane with it on, so having more than one point in it hurts you more than it helps. And if you arnt toggling it on why did you level it in the first place?

In addition due to damage reduction on the w per bounce and without getting any real + AD you arnt going to be netting that much damage by the third hit anyway.

Generally I make it my goal to either kill the enemy players or deny them so that they are sitting to the back side of their tower while I let my partner freefarm. I usually dont do too much farming early because sivir can make up for it mid-game by clearing lanes quickly.

I'm not saying max W. I'm saying going even for W and Q before level 6 is better than going only Q. Also I have scaling damage marks in my rune page which makes everything hit a little bit harder early on.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yes because people with opinions other than yours must immediately go on your ignore list

League of Trolls indeed
    Not just trolls Zen, but pretentious trolls.

They are the best trolls.

Almost as good as cave ones.

Instead of cowering in their holes to poke out every now and then, they simply beat their chests in pride.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png