Options

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i'll admit i'm a huge narcissist

but, damn i'm gettin' sick of seeing the same OP

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jeeze. I still haven't played Nidalee, Tryndamere or Pantheon.

I should get on them.

Oh, damn. Malzahar and Lu Bu are also on that list.

Trundle too.

Bugger.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    also

FUCK YOUR LACK OF DOBAS IN THIS MOBA

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Champions I haven't played at all:
    Kassadin
    Malzahar
    Trundle
    Xin Zhao

I think I've at least played a botmatch with all the others to test/memorize their abilities, if that counts.

I bought the digital pack or whatever, so I haven't played most of the champions that I own lol:

Champions I have played more than 4-5 games:
    Lux
    Janna
    Galio
    Ashe
    Corki

Champions I have played:
    Taric
    Ashe
    Heimdinger

Champions I own but haven't touched yet off the top of my head (and looking at a list to help with that)
    Amumu
    Anivia
    Blitzcrank
    Dr. Mundo
    Evelynn
    Gangplank
    Jax
    Karthus
    Kassadin
    Katarina
    Kayle
    Kennen
    Malphite
    Master Yi
    Nasus
    Nunu
    Ryze
    Shaco
    Shen
    Singed
    Sion
    Sivir
    Soraka
    Tristana
    Twisted Fate
    Twitch

Holy shit, I need to play more...

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Oh, thoughts on Trundle:

I'm having a ton of fun with him, so long as I lane with him. His jungling is hella fast, but I feel like his ganking ability is extremely vulnerable to Flash or an equivalent character ability.
    ...everyone's ganking ability is vulnerable to Flash except for maybe Warwick.

Touche.

I dunno, I'm used to Rammus and WW ganks, which seem a bit easier to pull off with the various CC components. If someone's going to flash away from Rammus, they have to do it before you hit them with the powerball & taunt them - with Trundle, they can safely wait until you've spent the mana corrupting the ground and spawning the pillar.

Not that big a deal I guess, I just had more fun laning with him than trying to gank with him. Maybe I'll give jungling a few more tries.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Fwoar, I haven't touched Lux either.

Oh I gotta get my mouse on that little firecracker.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rainbow Cannon and the ability to say, "Shh...I'm charging my laser." are all good reasons to play Lux. (Also she has great range and solid support abilities)

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    when did you start playing?

he was free the first week I started playing, which was back at the beginning of october

Pretty sure I started before October so I must just have missed his free week :(

I think I would really enjoy playing him though. I will probably buy him next!

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I demand more MOBA DOBA.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is the Ionia/Noxus match tonight?

What time?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    no, it's friday

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I thought it was friday.
    ionianoxus-banner.png

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    is there anyone here who has played every single champion?

*Looks over roster*

I tried to play everyone during the free champ weekend, but I missed a few. :(

I haven't played Miss Fortune, Lux, Udyr, Anivia, Gragas, Galio, Malz, Teemo, Taric or Xin.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    I thought it was friday.
    ionianoxus-banner.png

OBJECTION!!!

Rammus should not be on the villain team. He's too cute. :(

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I played less than half the champions. Maybe I should try new things once in a while.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You never know, the next champion you try may be the one to catapult you to e-fame and a meeting with the President.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's good to play all the ones you haven't played when they are free at least in one botmatch just to get a feel for their abilities

It helps when you have to face them in a lane

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The question should be, does anyone own every single champion? Which there are a handful at times.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I want to buy every single champion. You probably have to either spend a ton of money or have been playing a lot of games per day for a long time to get them all. I think Tree Eskimo said he has all but three (one of them being Trundle).

OremLK on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bigwah wrote: »

The question should be, does anyone own every single champion? Which there are a handful at times.

I'm missing urgot and swain :(

Nisi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    bigwah wrote: »

i have everyone

only 4 rune pages tho :(

got 20K IP in the bank...

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Nisi wrote: »
    I'm missing urgot and swain :(
    swain can go to hell for all i care.

worst 6300 i ever saved for.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so I tried out my theory with the whole Atma's + Warmog's build on Katarina.

My results were less than stellar. I think part of the problem was that I kept having to go mid as Katarina. Which isn't a problem in itself but I usually depends on some early kills to get kat going and 1v1 early on is pretty dangerous.

I ended up defaults to a weird hybrid build in one of my games which made me come across an interesting build for kat. I still like the warmogs because it gives her something ridiculous like 3500 hp total at 18, however I was starting the game in mid and planning on going AP kat. So my first item when I went back was an amplifying tome. I was mid against a tristana which I was doing really well against but gave up first blood when she reacted half a second quicker than I did after I shunpo+ulted her. It was super close so I didn't really mind.

But I had bought a mejai's at that point when I realized that my team was having a lot of difficulty as well and that I should really switch to a more AD build in order to be able to spread my dps out over their whole team with bouncing blades.

So my next item was a BF sword, and then the beginnings of a Warmogs with the health crystal and regrowth pendant.

At this point we were doing pretty horribly and I didn't really see a way for us to turn it around. (we were approaching the 25 minute mark and had lost a lot of our towers and we down a LOT of kills.

I think at this point I was something like 1-5-4 and things were looking dire. Trist grabbed an early giant's belt and was less than squishy and their team had pantheon, singed, ezreal, and zilean as well.

Then something magical happened. Our team just "clicked" our team was Malphite, Morgana, Olaf, Katarina and Pantheon. Suddenly we were winning team fights. Malphite would ult in on their team and knock everyone up. Brolaf would run in like a madman and start tearing up the world and with them all distracted I would shunpo in and unleash whirling death. somehow I was able to get 20 stacks on my mejai's and the world became a brighter place. Between the Warmogs, Bloodthirster, Mejai's, BF sword and Merc Treads I was just annihilating the enemy. I ended with something like 11-6-14. After we aced them twice they surrendered as we stormed their base to take the first base tower.

You should try my tanky kat build, Katduins,

Dorans Shield
    Randuins Omen
    Sorc Boots
    Occult
    Bloodthirster
    Bloodthirster
    Bloodthirster, after selling dorans if the game even takes that long.

After much testing Randuins owns face on kat. Much more tanky, and the slow keeps them in your ulti much more effectively than Rylais.

ghostbandit on
    stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    if I like pantheon would I probably enjoy xin zhao?

I like having a flow to their abilities like that

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Swain is the only champ I bought with real monies. I wouldn't say i regret it, he's okay...

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    these are a lot of "worst INSERT AMOUNT OF IP HERE i ever saved for" you got rakuen.

Changing subject, if you are a carry, get some defense. By the same breath, Randuin's Omen > Thornmail.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    God I hate this game.

Why do mords habitually try to hide in the godamn bushes and "gank" when they're supposed to be pushing the creeps and tanking?

Why do udyrs NEVER EVER EVER have ANY fucking idea what's going on?

Why was everyone else on my team 0-6 or worse?

And why the hell did I still WIN?

What would I have been thinking or feeling if I had been on the OTHER team, and would I still want to live in a world filled with such deeply retarded "people"?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Swain's pretty darn good with the change to his passive. It's like he never runs out of mana, even with the damn crows flying everywhere.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In the wild wilderness of solo queue, I once saw a Singed with a creep score of 22.

I still stand that solo queue isn't the eleventh circle of hell everyone makes it out to be, but some of these people, man.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    1. Does the game have a good population? I'd love to start putting time into it if so.

2. Are there any good summoning champions? They were my favorite in dota when it was starting out

kk I'll go back to the starcraft thread where i belong

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    ghostbanditghostbandit Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The games population...can be good? Are we talking total number of people playing, or the quality of people playing. There are a lot of people always online, and the quality of people is up in the air, higher ELO the better players but not always the best attitude. Low ELO = good luck. Some advice, have thick skin, and embrace the learning curve and try to be better then everyone else.

The only summoning champ there is, is Malz but he doesnt count because it is his crappy passive.

ghostbandit on
    stream.php?streamuser=gbgaming
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    this game has plenty of people playing it with no signs of slowing down

there are a few champions who summon minions, but only one really has that mechanic as a main focus

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    1. The game has a lot of players. The word "good" is not really descriptive of those players.

2. There aren't a lot of champs with pets. Annie calls down a giant flaming teddybear as her ult, and Heimerdinger can place a pair of stationary turrets. Malzahar and Mordekaiser also have pets, but they are more situational in their summoning conditions.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    1. Does the game have a good population? I'd love to start putting time into it if so.

2. Are there any good summoning champions? They were my favorite in dota when it was starting out

kk I'll go back to the starcraft thread where i belong

1. Uh. If by 'good population' you mean 'a large base of players', yes, it does. The quality of these players varies quite wildly.

2. Yes! Heimerdinger summons turrets, Malzahar summons voidlings, Mordekaiser turns other champs into pets, Annie summons a giant flaming bear named Tibbers... I think that's it?

You should note, though, that none of the pets in LoL are very powerful (well, except for Morde's pets).

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    1. The game has a lot of players. The word "good" is not really descriptive of those players.

2. There aren't a lot of champs with pets. Annie calls down a giant flaming teddybear as her ult, and Heimerdinger can place a pair of stationary turrets. Malzahar and Mordekaiser also have pets, but they are more situational in their summoning conditions.

Although with Mordekaiser it's less a pet and more like a sixth player on your team.

(Explanation for Funkalicious: Mordekaiser's ultimate is a mark that creates a ghost of the marked enemy if you manage to kill him during it. While it can't use skills it retains the stats of the killed enemy - useful if the ghost is an overly fed ranged carry who can decimate a whole team by itself.

Malzahar summons a critter every fifth spells cast.)

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    malzahar's pet only lasts for 21 seconds, though

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Soraka has a pet laning partner.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Why would anyone stay in a queue with a soraka on their team?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uh I just owned as a tank soraka thanks

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    because some people are just playing to have fun and won't ragequit if their buddy chooses some character that isn't terribly great

Nerdgasmic on