Options

[MOBA BROBA] League of Legends - Bros Like This Game

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Better than being a leaving whiner 8-)

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not saying max W. I'm saying going even for W and Q before level 6 is better than going only Q. Also I have scaling damage marks in my rune page which makes everything hit a little bit harder early on.

Except you gave w, e, w, q, w, r for your skill order in your post. You want to correct that then?

Maxing Q is still a better choice, unless you like pushing your lane and getting ganked by junglers. You only really need one bounce to harrass with it.

Draygo on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    According to you I fit one half of that description Zen

Though I did disconnect in an inhouse a few months ago, but I reconnected right after, felt cathartic

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dude wtf? I don't care about losing a custom game. I care about people telling me it's for fun and learning and no one responds to my question. I don't understand how you can read everything I wrote and then decide the reason I'm saying anything at all is because I lost.

Edit: WTF ever. I am done talking about this. It's not worth getting angry about.

Stop playing with assholes and start playing with me. I'll give my best effort advice at 80% of the champions in the game, and the other 20% I only refrain because I'm not good with them.

Hell, helping other people do awesome by giving advice feeds into my awesomeness complex (if you're going to have a complex, I recommend this one, btw).

That said, AR has been seriously hating on me recently. Keep getting "hard to place on team" champs, and not even the ones I am good with.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I help anybody with anything because I am crabgot irl

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    According to you I fit one half of that description Zen

Though I did disconnect in an inhouse a few months ago, but I reconnected right after, felt cathartic
    Corporate, don't you know? Zen has the ability to critically judge anyone and anything, but never be judged himself. Oh and he's always right.

It's like an ability from the Magic: Gathering or something.

I mean just look at his profile info.

Guy was born to pass judgement onto others.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Except I've admitted when I'm wrong and when I do dumb things rather than rage incessantly like some people.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was being self-deprecating with that post

Not self-defecating, mind you

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Draygo wrote: »
    I'm not saying max W. I'm saying going even for W and Q before level 6 is better than going only Q. Also I have scaling damage marks in my rune page which makes everything hit a little bit harder early on.

Except you gave w, e, w, q, w, r for your skill order in your post. You want to correct that then?

Maxing Q is still a better choice, unless you like pushing your lane and getting ganked by junglers. You only really need one bounce to harrass with it.

Zomg, who in the world would adjust leveling order depending on their opponent? I said "generally" I do this. Because generally, I am laned against a squishy that takes massive damage even from just one ricochet bounce. If I'm side-laned with a partner I might put more points in Q to snipe from the side brush. Or if I'm against Anivia mid she's so F'n slow I can hit her with my Q almost every time both ways.

God damn man

I don't understand why we get so invested in our builds anyway. If you can do well with it, it's a good build

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Oh, thoughts on Trundle:

I'm having a ton of fun with him, so long as I lane with him. His jungling is hella fast, but I feel like his ganking ability is extremely vulnerable to Flash or an equivalent character ability.
    ...everyone's ganking ability is vulnerable to Flash except for maybe Warwick.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Offically on the list of 'Not playing random in-houses'

Welcome!

how do you guys fuck everything up so bad when your god-king mooman is not present?

People say "it's just for fun and learning" but when I ask questions like "What masteries are good on this guy?" the response is 30/30/30. Thanks a lot guys.

When I ask questions like "How should I build/level this guy?" the response "Max R". No shit. Thanks guys.

hahaha

that happened to you once, right?

whatevs

there's no pleasing 10 people when a bunch of people can't handle losing, oh well.

can't please 'em all, all the time. rather have people have fun in 5s than not fun in 10s.

Dude wtf? I don't care about losing a custom game. I care about people telling me it's for fun and learning and no one responds to my question. I don't understand how you can read everything I wrote and then decide the reason I'm saying anything at all is because I lost.

Edit: WTF ever. I am done talking about this. It's not worth getting angry about.

heh, i wasn't trying to single you out in that second part pac

beauty of trying to talk through the intertrons.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    The Ender wrote: »
    Oh, thoughts on Trundle:

I'm having a ton of fun with him, so long as I lane with him. His jungling is hella fast, but I feel like his ganking ability is extremely vulnerable to Flash or an equivalent character ability.
    ...everyone's ganking ability is vulnerable to Flash except for maybe Warwick.

I would probably also add Fiddles and Poppy under certain circumstances.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Maybe if you typed with skinnier fingers you'd get your point across

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Except I've admitted when I'm wrong and when I do dumb things rather than rage incessantly like some people.
    yea but you do it so often, we're like even and stuff.

hell, i spend more time reading your damn posts than actually playing with you.

gg for never accepting my invites.
    insert some response about how Zen is holy and doesn't play with "whiners". I'm sorry Zen, not everyone can play veigar like a pro. Especially when they are drunk as fuck and are rocking armor pen runes PEAH

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lunysgwen wrote: »
    Offically on the list of 'Not playing random in-houses'

Welcome!

how do you guys fuck everything up so bad when your god-king mooman is not present?

People say "it's just for fun and learning" but when I ask questions like "What masteries are good on this guy?" the response is 30/30/30. Thanks a lot guys.

When I ask questions like "How should I build/level this guy?" the response "Max R". No shit. Thanks guys.

hahaha

that happened to you once, right?

whatevs

there's no pleasing 10 people when a bunch of people can't handle losing, oh well.

can't please 'em all, all the time. rather have people have fun in 5s than not fun in 10s.

heh, i wasn't trying to single you out in that second part pac

beauty of trying to talk through the intertrons.

Ok, when I thought you were I was for some reason really really annoyed!

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Maybe if you typed with skinnier fingers you'd get your point across
    maybe if you quoted with replys, i wouldn't have to guess who you're replying to. fatty.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    haha i remember telling someone to max R

i hope it was whoever posted that about someone saying that

then it would be about me

the post

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    postin' 'bout soals

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You sure are zealous in your ramblin' Rak

You must be bored

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    People got seriously distraught when I suggested that Sivir might be more useful than Yi, which tells me everything I need to know about the quality of players in this thread. :lol:

The dude I ignored was on an unrelated topic, and clearly just a hothead looking for an argument. No rational discussion possible = ignored.

Back on yi topic; No competent team will ever, EVER not kill yi the very instant after an alpha strike. Not to make any generalizations or anything...
    god you're such a noob that thinks he knows everything, it's almost embarrassing.

"pro-pinions from people who never play said champ"

Wasn't this from two threads ago?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Haha yes, Rakk is high and trying to start sheet. That post was from pre-boomerang blade buff.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You must be bored
    nah it's just fun shittin on ya

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Someone should add me to their friend list and play with me. Has CWheezy been spreading rumors about how badly I played Garen in a game with him? I was lagging and I couldn't talk on vent and it was a bad 1v2 lane, I couldn't help it! Poppy/Trist owned my ass and were out to get me but in the end I started owning fools with my superior amount of Sunfire Capes and spinning.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    I actually posted in the other thread on accident and then realized this post was too awful to let die.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Someone should add me to their friend list and play with me. Has CWheezy been spreading rumors about how badly I played Garen in a game with him? I was lagging and I couldn't talk on vent and it was a bad 1v2 lane, I couldn't help it! Poppy/Trist owned my ass and were out to get me but in the end I started owning fools with my superior amount of Sunfire Capes and spinning.
    what's your lol name? get in vent. I'm in vent right now in the smoker's den. 8-)

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Zomg, who in the world would adjust leveling order depending on their opponent? I said "generally" I do this. Because generally, I am laned against a squishy that takes massive damage even from just one ricochet bounce. If I'm side-laned with a partner I might put more points in Q to snipe from the side brush. Or if I'm against Anivia mid she's so F'n slow I can hit her with my Q almost every time both ways.

God damn man

Relax, no need to be angry. Advice without context is advice poorly given. I always look at it as the person asking does not have a solid grasp on what to do with a champion, which is why they are asking in the first place. If you think your method is better you need to explain why, including how to deal with shortfalls and traps of your particular strategy. If someone points out a shortfall, dont get angry, just answer with how you deal with the situation and everyone will be better for it.

I rarely see anyone I play against sit in ricochets, I get much better harrass off my Q even if the enemy lane went boots first. I deny much easier by maxing Q, and I do more damage off Q than W. One point in W is very useful because you can time your w hits to hit your opponent without unessisary damage to the enemy minions. Ideally I dont want to be pushing my lane, for two main reasons. If you push the lane then they can collect exp and last hits under their tower. If you push the lane you are vunerable to getting ganked if the enemy team has a jungle or you dont notice a uncalled mia. Spell shield can help you get out of the tight spot, but I usually dont run flash or ghost on my sivir which leaves me with no escape outside the initial cc block of SS. I dont usually care about getting FB or a kill in lane. Usually you wont if your enemy has a solid grasp of what they are doing.

Draygo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You must be bored
    nah it's just fun shittin on ya

When you shit, do you sing "Duke of Earl"?

Stragint on

• Options
    edited December 2010

God damn man

Relax, no need to be angry. Advice without context is advice poorly given. I always look at it as the person asking does not have a solid grasp on what to do with a champion, which is why they are asking in the first place. If you think your method is better you need to explain why, including how to deal with shortfalls and traps of your particular strategy. If someone points out a shortfall, dont get angry, just answer with how you deal with the situation and everyone will be better for it.

I rarely see anyone I play against sit in ricochets, I get much better harrass off my Q even if the enemy lane went boots first. I deny much easier by maxing Q, and I do more damage off Q than W. One point in W is very useful because you can time your w hits to hit your opponent without unessisary damage to the enemy minions. Ideally I dont want to be pushing my lane, for two main reasons. If you push the lane then they can collect exp and last hits under their tower. If you push the lane you are vunerable to getting ganked if the enemy team has a jungle or you dont notice a uncalled mia. Spell shield can help you get out of the tight spot, but I usually dont run flash or ghost on my sivir which leaves me with no escape outside the initial cc block of SS. I dont usually care about getting FB or a kill in lane. Usually you wont if your enemy has a solid grasp of what they are doing.

That's kind of the point though, you hit the back minions with Ricochet on until said squishy moves out of ricochet range. Then you turn it off. You zone them out of last hits and some experience. By level 4 I have twice the CS as the opposing champion. If they don't back off you get a kill, or they're sitting so far behind their tower they're not getting last hits and you can bang on it. Just because ricochet is on doesn't mean you're necessarily pushing the lane

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    rak get high and play sivir with the tron soundtrack blasting

get your discs of tron on

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    SoaL wrote: »

hahahaha

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    rak plays uptown girl in the background whenever he jungles

but he's classy enough to play the billy joel version

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited December 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIwhnJ5K810

man

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I actually posted in the other thread on accident and then realized this post was too awful to let die.

Yea, that was by far the worst thing I've ever seen said on here.

My summoner name is Stragint, I can't use vent since it lags me quite badly in game, can't wait for January and the desktop that I'll be getting

Stragint on

• Options
    edited December 2010

We need Tron Sivir skin. IT IS NEEDED. I bump the thread on the official forums every few days.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ok yeah panth owns.

this was a good buy

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    TheBenjomonsterTheBenjomonster Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone up for helping me to get this game up and running?

I started trying to install about a week ago and have been unable to get into any games. I get to the character loading screen, it loads completely, and says "summoning" under my champion portrait. The game then minimizes and says something to the effect of "the game has crashed, please try to reconnect". My friends are sitting next to me on older computers and the same network playing the games I am getting kicked from.

Here are my specs:
    2.2ghz AMD quad core
    8800 NVIDIA GTS 640MB
    4gigs DDR RAM
    Windows XP

Here's what I have done so far:
    Re-installed or updated my video card drivers
    3x re-install of League of Legends
    A file transfer of the game folder from one of my friends functioning computers
    Re-installing Acrobat and DX9 -
    I know DX10 is recommended, but as I said- my friends run it on far older machines with XP/DX9 no problem.

Short of doing a total OS whipe and re-install (something I am not convinced will fix the probelm and don't really wanna do), I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I promise I won't play Udyr.

TheBenjomonster on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Reinstall adobe air.

Also test by doing practice games.

Draygo on
  • Options
    CWheezyCWheezy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I am so happy right now.

I mean, even though at present Pantheon is even more broken than before, this just pleases me beyond measure.

Maybe, if you actually invested some time in learning how to play champions, instead of just surfing a two-button-to-win character to the top and then crowing about how you've got this game grokked, you wouldn't be having this problem.

This quote is pretty hilarious, I love shitty players who think they know what is up.

You think pantheon was easy to fucking play? You don't think that good players know who is weak against him, so they send any champion who has an answer to pantheon spears in mid?

Like the fact this post gets by most people kind of makes me sad.

Here is what happened, they took my champion, which I played pretty much 100% exclusively, who was considered about mid tier by most very strong players (He was most fun, so I played him because I felt if I became good enough, I could overcome other champs innate advantages), then they completely 180'd his playstyle, because the competitive scene in lol is really lame (council posts on this issue kind of blew my mind, I thought players were better than that, turns out I was wrong), now I have to learn my favorite champ all over again, and all the time I put in was 100% wasted apparently, because pantheon's early game is entirely different.

Also the posts giving advice telling me what I already do are also good for a laugh, I max heartseeker, use ghost and flash, have armor pen already, solo mid, etc. etc.

Last thing, me struggling doesn't mean I am losing, just means I am not as dominant as before, which is frustrating. Maybe you are just unskilled with champs, so you don't understand the feeling

CWheezy on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CWheezy wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I am so happy right now.

I mean, even though at present Pantheon is even more broken than before, this just pleases me beyond measure.

Maybe, if you actually invested some time in learning how to play champions, instead of just surfing a two-button-to-win character to the top and then crowing about how you've got this game grokked, you wouldn't be having this problem.

This quote is pretty hilarious, I love shitty players who think they know what is up.

You think pantheon was easy to fucking play? You don't think that good players know who is weak against him, so they send any champion who has an answer to pantheon spears in mid?

Like the fact this post gets by most people kind of makes me sad.

Here is what happened, they took my champion, which I played pretty much 100% exclusively, who was considered about mid tier by most very strong players (He was most fun, so I played him because I felt if I became good enough, I could overcome other champs innate advantages), then they completely 180'd his playstyle, because the competitive scene in lol is really lame (council posts on this issue kind of blew my mind, I thought players were better than that, turns out I was wrong), now I have to learn my favorite champ all over again, and all the time I put in was 100% wasted apparently, because pantheon's early game is entirely different.

Also the posts giving advice telling me what I already do are also good for a laugh, I max heartseeker, use ghost and flash, have armor pen already, solo mid, etc. etc.

Last thing, me struggling doesn't mean I am losing, just means I am not as dominant as before, which is frustrating. Maybe you are just unskilled with champs, so you don't understand the feeling

Forced! Forced to play Pantheon in League in Legends!

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    panth is kinda hit or miss on me, once you go up against a team that knows how to save a stun for your ult, it makes ulting into fight suicide. I think most kills panth is getting right now is because people dont know at what point panth is just going to kill you outright with his combo. If his combo does 80% of your health you should be extra careful if you are anywhere near that level.

I have seen countless times enemy panths ulting, then getting caught by amumu, galio, ashe's arrow, morgana's root, once they touch the ground, and just explode under focus fire. Countless times I have seen panth not get cc'd on landing and go on to get 2-3 kills as well. It seems like he can snowball a bit better now, however if you dont get any level advantage/ kill advantage early he seems a bit weaker because he has to get into the thick of it to do any serious damage because he cant just throw spears.

Draygo on