As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I love cats. I love every kind of cat.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Tank your cat is the wrong way up, please correct this

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TankHammer wrote:
    Dinah's gorgeous. I can't believe Sarah found her in a shelter. They'd labeled her a TABBY too. I mean, really?

She's clearly a Maine Coon.

Maine Coons are awesome gigantic furry things! Most of the ones I've known were just lazy as heck and never did anything but a friend's GF had one that would meow at you until you said hello to her

As in literally. She wouldn't stop until you said hello and gave her the attention she desperately craved

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Can we talk about the new Thundercats show in this thread?

Because that show is, dare I say, the cat's meow

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I would like to know why my cat has decided that my feet are her worst enemy and must be destroyed, though

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I do so want a Maine Coon. They're beautiful. <3

But they seem to be insanely hard to come by in the UK.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    The reasons I love cats over dogs..

1) I dont have to take it outside to pee when its raining/freezing or when im sleeping.
    2) It can entertain itself when im gone (Less guilt at the sadface when leaving in the morning).
    3) It doesnt drink out of the toilet.
    4) Generally they have more personalilty then other animals.
    5) No barking during the night. (and very rarely if ever meowing).
    6) They are not predictable...makes for a more entertaining experience.

Cat's in general are more like a roomate then a pet.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    In my experience, cats make much more noise at night than dogs

• Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    the noise cats make at night gets loud if you have multiple cats.

because then it is time to CHASE EACH OTHER EVERYWHERE OH GOD

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I love my cat. He's a maine coon and was the runt of his litter, so he's the size of a normal cat. Cool thing about cats is they can be pretty much self sufficient, if you're going away on vacation. My cat self-feeds (as in rations himself) so I can leave out a ton of food and know that he'll eat the right amount every day and not overeat and get sick. Also he is the chillest.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Yeah, any time I've stayed at my friends' place it's just THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP MEOW across the wood floor

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Guess it depends on the cat. My ol' cat slept through the night. And most of the day. That was a lazy cat.

I've only heard bawwing night cats very rarely. But even then, I take "MOOOOW" over "BARKBARKBARKBARK" any night.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Jordyn wrote:
    the noise cats make at night gets loud if you have multiple cats.

because then it is time to CHASE EACH OTHER EVERYWHERE OH GOD

Something about this post made the "I'm a stupid cat!" song pop up in my head

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    none of my dogs have barked at night

• Options
    I mean, yeah sometimes they'll bark at a noise

but it's not just random barking like there is random cats running around and meowing

and then climbing on your face because they want to eat

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    I like cats, but my family always had outdoor cats. I can't imagine having an indoor cat.

Maybe it's just the fault of the specific people I visit, but in my experience cats make a place smell bad and their hair gets everywhere.

I generally notice dog smell around houses more than cat smell, perhaps it depends on what you are used to.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Keith come to my place and tell me that the local dogs don't just bark for fuck-all reason

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I will

because I will pet those dogs

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I run into way more dogs just barking like assholes than cats just yowling like assholes.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    TEAM DOG

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Like, in general, if a cat sees someone they don't like, they just go away. They hide somewhere or something.

If a dog sees someone they don't like, they are going to do their damnedest to make all the noise that there is in the world.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Keith I currently live near farms, the farm dogs would literally eat you alive because they are savage little bastards

Well actually that's only applicable to one of the farms but the point stands

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    It is kind of odd not having to check my clothes for cat hairs before I leave the house now. I'm glad I had her, for me a cat was a perfect pet.

• Options
    Edcrab wrote:
    Keith I currently live near farms, the farm dogs would literally eat you alive because they are savage little bastards

Well actually that's only applicable to one of the farms but the point stands

I will pet those dogs.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote:
    Dinah's gorgeous. I can't believe Sarah found her in a shelter. They'd labeled her a TABBY too. I mean, really?

She's clearly a Maine Coon.
    My sister adopted a cat from a local rescue place, he's 5 months old now and I'ma bout 95% sure he's a Savannah cat.

Probably like a f5 or f6 but still.

He's gunna be huge.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I will

because I will pet those dogs

I would like to pet those dogs as well.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I love my cat. He's a maine coon and was the runt of his litter, so he's the size of a normal cat. Cool thing about cats is they can be pretty much self sufficient, if you're going away on vacation. My cat self-feeds (as in rations himself) so I can leave out a ton of food and know that he'll eat the right amount every day and not overeat and get sick. Also he is the chillest.
    Not always true.

My cat was a goddamn idiot and would just eat until it threw up. But it was a shelter cat, and probably had issues from the previous owner.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JWiLLJWiLL Registered User regular
    It's crazy how fast dogs grow. My lab was 15 lbs at 9 weeks and is now 35 lbs at 18 weeks.

It's hilarious how they're legs grow a bit faster than everything else though. Makes them look at little lanky and clumsy, it's cute as hell.

• Options
    Liiya wrote:
    I'm glad I had her, for me a cat was a perfect pet.

I think that's the most pertinent and important thing to keep in mind, then. And I'm sure she was glad to have you as an owner.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yeah rescue cats will usually eat as much of anything they can get their faces into.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Cats are awesome, of which I have 3. I'm a real animal person though, have always loved animals and I cannot think of a single time in my life where I didn't have a pet or animal around. I have no idea how big these images will be D:

My 3 cats are:
    5842340563dc6d662984b.jpg

Largo - Our oldest cat, a male who was a kitten of my wifes first cat. We got him at 7 weeks old because his mother decided that it was her time and disappeared and never came back. She was fairly old so it's presumed she went to go to sleep. He has been the perfect cat, never loud, always around and very loving and affectionate. Every night when I decide to go to sleep he will know and come and lay on my chest and nuzzle my beard. He is 8 years old this year and is still as fun and mobile as always. There isn't much to say because he has always been such a good cat that we've never had any trouble with him, he hasn't stayed out long and keeps almost exactly the same schedule and has done for years.

imag0004xi.jpg

Ping - We got Ping and her sister (Kimi) about 3 years ago. We bought them from a private seller because my wife couldn't bare it when we had seen the picture on line and the horrible place it looked like. We got them at 6 weeks because we wanted to get them out of there as soon as possible, the place was filthy and badly kept, luckily the kittens were pretty healthy. Ping has always been adventurous and clumsy, she was the first to explore the various nooks and crannies of our flat and inevitably get stuck in them. She started going outside around 6 months, since we had a small flat the cats had to go out and in via a small top-end window, just big enough for them so we could keep it open all the time. One night while we were sleeping Ping came in and fell asleep on the bed. When I woke up to get ready for work the whole bottom half of the bed was covered in blood with Ping sleeping in the middle of it. An emergency trip to the vets would show that her right paw had been completely crushed. Several weeks of treatment and splinting didn't help and she had to have the leg amputated due to infection. She never complained and it has never actually seemed to bother her at all. Her favourite pass-time is to curl up on your lap and suck her toes, purring loudly the whole time.

imag0010eb.jpg

Kimi - Kimi is the most skittish cat I've ever come across, after 3 years of living with us she still occasionally darts away and has only just recently in the last 3 months actually started to go outside, 3 years of litter tray D: She is an absolute princess and refuses to do things which may make her dirty. Her fur is always immaculate and soft and shiny, she did disappear for a couple of days when we first moved here to Surrey but that was mostly because it rained a lot, she had obviously found a dry spot and waited out the rain, she came back as immaculate and perfectly as always. Kimi is a hell of a loud cat, she will always make sure you know she is around and that she demands food/attention/tobeleftalonegoddamnyoupeasants. She follows Largo around everywhere she can and now keeps the same schedule as him so she can make double sure she has 100% uptime on stalking.

More images at my wifes flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninja_kitten/

Junpei on
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    I have a now older coon cat who was pregnant at an age that was probably dangerously young, just before I adopted her. I don't think she ever got over not getting to be around her kittens, because for as long as I have had her, she has had surrogate babies. They are small stuffed animals that she will carry into occupied rooms at night, mewling plaintively for the other stuffed animals to follow her. Its adorably heart breaking.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Not always true.

My cat was a goddamn idiot and would just eat until it threw up. But it was a shelter cat, and probably had issues from the previous owner.
    Oh yea, I wasn't saying that self feeding was the standard. Since he was a kitten I've made sure that he's had plenty of dry food around, so he's gotten used to the idea that food is abundant and he doesn't have to stuff his face. Shelter cats or cats that used to be feral feel like they have to eat everything that's there because they don't know when their next meal will come.

Of course, when my cat had some dental surgery and had to switch to wet food for a while, he became super whiny since he was used to having tons of food around and the security that comes with that.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    My kitty again!

part951284474227409.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Cats are cool and all, but I really see myself having a dog someday when I'm out of school and financially stable.

That being said, my co-workers and I caught this friendly canine that was running around the property of my summer job:

kDXUi.jpg
    UHWOr.jpg

...and while we were able to find its owner and return her, I was never able to ask what breed it is and I really want to know.

We were thinking it was some sort of husky mix. Anyone have any ideas?

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Dinah is one of those kinds of cats that only meows if she's either:
    A. Concerned that she's running out of food/water (she is good at rationing)
    B. Concerned that she hasn't been pet in, like, forever and do you still love me I can't take rejection I'm sorry for whatever I did!

More photos:
    30d4bf89.jpg

TankHammer on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Cats are dicks.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    stationmastertama322872.jpg

• Options
    Radius wrote:
    Cats are dicks.

14528582.jpg

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

My first cat Wendy, a Calico, was obtained less then a year before we moved from a urban area to a rural one. she quickly adapted to being an indoor/outdoor cat and loved it. she would climb and get stuck in trees. (How she managed to get down or up pine trees 20-30 feet up (no branches until 20 or 30 feet up) was a mystery but she managed it. She was tough...there were alot of dogs in the area and nobody had fences and the dogs of choice were pitbulls or rotwillers but this didnt stop her. One day we actually saw her tangling with a pit bull...riding on his back as the dog was howling down the street. She showed up a little later looking as if nothing had happen.

One day she was on our porch soaked in blood. we brought her to the vet to find someone had taken a shot at her with a shotgun. amazingly even though she had about two dozen pieces of lead shot all over inside her body, they werent fatal, and she pulled through amazingly well. In her later years she would sleep on my chest every night. If i was bundled up too tightly in covers she would stand on my desk and make a few crybaby meows until i would pick her up and put her under the covers on top of me. She lived to be 22 years old. I'll see you at the bridge Wendy.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    :cry:

Such a touching story.

I love cats.

This discussion has been closed.