As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote:
    2001 is some really boring trite shit.

nah. It's just not trying to be what you want it to be.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Holy shit Feebs!

FEEEEEEEEEEBS!

pRfcB.jpg

FEEEEEEEEEEEEBS YOU GLORIOUS PERSON!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    You know in regards to movies that I liked, but never want to watch again I would say Munich is at the top of the list.

It's such a journey, but it's exhausting and I don't want to go through that again.

Blake T on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    I think I might watch Logan's run this afternoon.

I have not seen it before.

You will dig it. It is hella neat.

Fun fact: I always thought Blade Runner was Logan's Run, so when I saw Blade Runner for the first time, I kept waiting for Harrison Ford's hand to glow. This is a small part of why I did not like Blade Runner.

7656367.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote:
    You know in regards to movies that I liked, but never want to watch again I would say Munich is at the top of the list.

It's such a journey, but it's exhausting and I don't want to go through that again.

I have one of these lists. Excellent flicks I never want to see again.

Dancer in the Dark is at the top of my list.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Sinatra: the gift that always keeps on giving.

Great haul Veretas, and great job of santaing, Feebs!

Solaris is the top of the list for me. The Russian one. Fuck that movie took it's damn time.

7656367.jpg
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    Kadith wrote:

entertaining? interesting? engaging?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have been listening to movie podcasts lately and just playing around what format I would have if I were to have my own movie podcast.

It would be a new movie, then two or three older movies that would have something in common with the new movie type thing. That way people would be encouraged to watch other stuff besides the newest at the theater.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote:
    @Marcus

I think In Bruges is a perfect movie

in that everything it does, it does perfectly. It does not put a foot wrong. Every character, every actor, every scene could not be any better than it already is.

And yet it's not in my top five.

This is something I can definitely understand. I have lots of movies like that.

But I think 2001 rises above that. Ever since it came out, it's been debated viciously, loved and hated passionately, yet still manages to be held in such high regard. It's on a pedestal, and it's earned that spot. Critically, historically, culturally, it's consistently relevant and awesome.

In Bruges is great at doing something that a lot of other movies have done before. 2001 was and still is in a league of its own.

Best movie ever? Maybe not. But it sure as hell deserves to be high on that list.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote:

If you want to talk amazing films that I will never ever watch again: Irreversible. A friend made me watch it and it is fucked up, but holy shit is it a powerful experience. Would I recommend it to people? No way in hell. But again, damn.

Also, Changeling. What a suckerpunch that was. (But on the other hand, I would totally recommend it to people.)

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Legba wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

If you want to talk amazing films that I will never ever watch again: Irreversible. A friend made me watch it and it is fucked up, but holy shit is it a powerful experience. Would I recommend it to people? No way in hell. But again, damn.

Also, Changeling. What a suckerpunch that was. (But on the other hand, I would totally recommend it to people.)

Irreversible is one of those movies that is beautifully filmed, and dammit I would recommend it despite the grotesque stuff if it weren't for the rape scene.

I still refuse to allow that scene to play completely anytime I watch the movie, I always fast-forward through it.

I could never get past the journey across the moon in 2001. I want to say that's the first 10 minutes but honestly it felt like at least half an hour.

every time someone mentions changeling, I think they are talking about the 1980 George C. Scott movie

7656367.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Solaris is the top of the list for me. The Russian one. Fuck that movie took it's damn time.

I used to think that was his most accessible movie, but now it's the only one I never really feel inclined to watch again. And I god damn love that movie.

Stalker I could watch any day.
    Kadith wrote:
    #pipe wrote:
    Kadith wrote:

I find it to be all of those things. My friends and I all watch that movie once or twice a year for fun.

But I also like watching Tarkovsky movies as a fun way to kill an afternoon. So I may have a skewed perspective.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    My hand hurts from too much crocheting

Can't wait to start my Satan's project

yes, marcus. yes, you do. but that is cool. we can still be film bros.

7656367.jpg
  • ThreeCubedThreeCubed Grandma Winky's fat ankles Registered User regular
    ShimSham -> Stale/2 -> Romanian My Escutcheon

Legba -> zucchini

Moriveth -> Rolo

Naphtali -> . (plut)

Caulk Bite 6 -> Centipede Damascus

??? -> #pipe -> Platypus Beirut

??? -> Antimatter -> Wombat!!/2/3

??? -> The Geebs That Is A Pony

??? -> lostwords

Feebsicle -> Veretas

Nice haul, Veretas!

EyQGd.jpg
    Legba wrote:
    Blake T wrote:

Irreversible is one of those movies that is beautifully filmed, and dammit I would recommend it despite the grotesque stuff if it weren't for the rape scene.

I still refuse to allow that scene to play completely anytime I watch the movie, I always fast-forward through it.

What gets me is that it somehow manages to finish on an upbeat note, despite all the terrible stuff you know is about to happen to everyone.

I can understand not wanting to watch the rape scene again. But I hope you don't fast forward if you're showing it to people who haven't seen it before. I mean, that scene is kind of the point of the movie. It makes the viewer take part in something that is really, really fucking awful, from the point of view of the victim, and refuses to let up. It's not a movie I'd show to people, but if they're going to watch it, they really should see the whole thing.

Of course, that scene is pretty much the prime reason I could never watch the movie again, so...

As long as we got this guy.

onceuponatimeinthewest.jpg

I Spit On Your Grave is probably a movie I shouldn't be able to watch as much as I do. That scene is even more unrelenting than Irreversible's. Though nowadays, I pretty much only watch it with the Joe Bob Briggs commentary as he defends it as being the most feminist movie ever made. He makes a semi-persuasive argument.

7656367.jpg

I think all our loves merge into one with Red Sun.

You better have seen it.

7656367.jpg
    Kadith wrote:
    #pipe wrote:
    Kadith wrote:

You're looking for a Britney song in Philip Glass.

You're looking for a Calvin and Hobbes comic in a Monet.

You're looking for a warm snow jacket in haute couture

Cinema is both a consumable form of entertainment and a medium of fine art.

Nope

I will not watch movies with rape scenes

Nope

What about Watchmen, Sheri?

what about

Back to the Future?

#pipe wrote:
    What about Watchmen, Sheri?

what about

Back to the Future?

I pretty much do something else for the scene in watchmen

One time I left the room

Though to be fair I do the same thing during the Hallelujah scene

But that is just AWKWARD.

I think all our loves merge into one with Red Sun.

You better have seen it.

Bronson and Mifune. How could I miss it?

Seeing Bronson being thrown around like that was pretty odd to see. But Mifune was the man to do it, so it worked out.

it's okay

bronson wins in the end

7656367.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Sheri wrote:

god yeah that scene

if it weren't for the "Holy shit look at Malin Akermin's body" factor I would skip it too

#pipe on
    edited November 2011
    #pipe wrote:
    Sheri wrote:

god yeah that scene

if it weren't for the "Holy shit look at Malin Akermin's body" factor I would skip it too

Yeah see I can just skip it

Though I always rewatch any scene with Dr Manhattan's blue wiener

Sheri on
    That dong keeps time like a metronome.

edited November 2011
    well, it is mesmerizing

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited November 2011
    Blake T wrote:
    That dong keeps time like a metronome.

That dong is experiencing every sexual experience Dr Manhattan ever had or will ever have simultaneously, all the time.

It's a miracle it's ever flacid.

Legba on
    I guarantee he'd blow a load like a shotgun through her back

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'm just glad he didn't have a weird lookin' dick or nothin'

can't help but watch it in every scene

gotta know how it's reacting to what's going down.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Yeah, I saw Watchmen for the first time last weekend.

And all I could keep thinking was how Zack Snyder had not managed to choke on all of that pretension while making the film.

[IMG][/img]
    This is where everyone goes, I dunno, seems pretty small to ne

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I have never been much of a TV censorship guy.

But when Dr. Manhattan walked out with his blue space/time dick blurred out, I considered making a sizable donation to the FCC.

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.