As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Zay wrote: »

patently false

It intentionally mimic'd the style and several tropes. It would not be a stretch I think to call it inspired.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    shipping
    scott pilgrim
    bad anime

the rumors were true, this is the worst thread

Hey now the MSPA thread is still kicking

oh right I keep intentionally forgetting that exists

you got lucky, korra thread

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    don't you fucking tell me you don't like Dragonball Z

don't you sit there and type those LIES

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I like the memory of Dragonball Z.

Because I remember things happening at a decent damn pace.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    anime
    Transformers%20Animated%201.jpg
    american made

and i havent seen cowboy bebop
    -Tal wrote: »
    what about Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

sh
    shut up

• Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Somebody on Tumblr is leaking like crazy right now.

If you don't want to be massively spoiled, stay away from any Avatar-related sites for a day or so until they've had time to clamp down on this guy.

If you do want to be massively spoiled, PM me and I'll give you the link. There's some pretty awesome stuff there, but it's not stuff that I'd really want to know in advance, fair warning.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Guys, I just saw some amazing leaked images. I don't know if I should post it, it may be too good for this thread.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    keep that shit out of the thread

• Options
    edited April 2012
    MrDapper wrote: »
    Guys, I just saw some amazing leaked images. I don't know if I should post it, it may be too good for this thread.

You saw them too?

My brain exploded.

Seriously, guys; do NOT investigate these if you are even remotely averse to spoilers. Don't even do a cursory Google search. Given the magnitude of what's here, it's going to be all over the Internet pretty damn quickly, I think.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    Guys guys.

Avengers movie spoilers protocols at least.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    What are those?

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Cowboy Bebop is worth seeing. Most episodes are done in one space bounty hunting.

Short and sweet.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Guys guys.

Avengers movie spoilers protocols at least.

Don't worry, I'm not going to say anything at all about it. Just wanted to make people aware that if they are going on Avatar fan sites in the immediate future, they run a very high risk of eating some serious spoilers.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    What are those?

I would assume something to the effect "don't even causally hint at stuff and clearly mark what a spoiler contains"

Which is what I assume is happening with the Avengers, considering its out everywhere but the US

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    What are those?

I would assume something to the effect "don't even causally hint at stuff and clearly mark what a spoiler contains"

Which is what I assume is happening with the Avengers, considering its out everywhere but the US

Ah, don't worry. I'll just wait here until Saturday.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    actually, Asami kind of reminds me of June. they have the same makeup

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What are those?

From the sound of it, someone is leaking more than the next episode

even if they're not though, with such a short season every ep is going to be pretty packed I'm guessing.

Personally I'm even avoiding the 90 second teasers for the next episodes, no point in even lightly spoiling something that will be out a week later. It makes reading this and the D&D thread somewhat difficult

ronzo on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    More pictures.
    iETr4keEF8Osp.jpg

She's got a Vespa!

ibhaOcS8DdMT84.jpg

Goggles!

GASP!
    Vespa Woman! D:
    A wasp woman??
    And when she stings she leaves a demon's mark that shows you've been doing naughty things and it never goes away! D:

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    More pictures.
    iETr4keEF8Osp.jpg

She's got a Vespa!

ibhaOcS8DdMT84.jpg

Goggles!

GASP!
    Vespa Woman! D:
    A wasp woman??
    And when she stings she leaves a demon's mark that shows you've been doing naughty things and it never goes away! D:

That would be lobster, not wasp.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Options
    What are those?

even if they're not though, with such a short season every ep is going to be pretty packed I'm guessing.

Personally I'm even avoiding the 90 second teasers for the next episodes, no point in even lightly spoiling something that will be out a week later. It makes reading this and the D&D thread somewhat difficult

RE: how people are getting the leaks (don't worry, this has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the leaks):
    According to a Reddit post with some pretty decent analysis backing it up, the Nick.com website uploads the episodes 3 days prior to making them available for public viewing, and if you pull some shenanigans you can download the episode prior to its air date.

I expect that this will be fixed shortly.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    anime
    american made

animes

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    What are those?

RE: how people are getting the leaks (don't worry, this has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the leaks):
    According to a Reddit post with some pretty decent analysis backing it up, the Nick.com website uploads the episodes 3 days prior to making them available for public viewing, and if you pull some shenanigans you can download the episode prior to its air date.

Apparently both episode 4 and 5 are out there

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    What are those?

Transformers Animated was leaked the exact same way on cartoon network's site

• Options
    What are those?

Really? Hm.

I expect those Asami leaks come from Episode 5, then, as given the content of the official previews for Episode 4 so far, she doesn't seem to be in it.

Although I guess she could potentially be the Mako subplot while Korra goes on her raids?

• Options
    What are those?

Really? Hm.

I expect those Asami leaks come from Episode 5, then, as given the content of the official previews for Episode 4 so far, she doesn't seem to be in it.

Although I guess she could potentially be the Mako subplot while Korra goes on her raids?
    Asami spoilers
    She is introduced early in Episode 4, hits Mako with her Vespa and then offers him dinner to compensate

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Seriously if this show gets spoiled for me I am going to be incredibly angry

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    What are those?

I'm surprised this happened after the same thing basically happened with the pilot.

Well, maybe not so surprised.

Someone's probably getting fired this time though

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TankHammer wrote: »
    In other times and cultures kids got married young all the time.

Am I the only one hearing the defense for these relationships sounding a lot like how pedophiles on the internet justify themselves?

Quit it. It's gross. I don't care if you threw a qualifier in there, it's still gross.

It happened. Aang and Katara made it work because they're special. I can handle that. They'd been forced to grow up a lot and were traveling the world without any parental supervision and ending wars so my suspension of disbelief is well-sated.

I'm just hoping kids don't take away the wrong message that they're ready for a relationship at that age. That leads to bad things.

Like, did you even bother to read the rest of what I said? It was pretty much the exact opposite. It's probably best for Toph to not be in a relationship for a good long while.

It doesn't change the fact that morality is relative for what is and isn't an appropriate relationship age across time and cultures. It's not a defense or justification, just a simple fact. And guess what? We're getting romance in this show anyway, so yeah, discussion of pre-adult romantic relationships is sort of a given. It usually doesn't work out, but my grandparents married young, 18 and 17 and they were just fine.

Equating a young romance discussion to = pedo talk is just dumb.

Oh yeah, Tenzin/Korra OTP.
    Yes, I'm having some fun at your expense.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    tumblr_m32qz16uUF1qcswuv.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    That is somehow far more horrifying than an actual scary face.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    tumblr_m32qz16uUF1qcswuv.jpg

"Now now, Avatar, there's no need to be catty."[quo

Goatmon on

• Options
    What are those?

Really? Hm.

Asami spoilers
    She is introduced early in Episode 4, hits Mako with her Vespa and then offers him dinner to compensate
    Really? Fantastic! I've been hoping we'll meet her as soon as possible, as I really hope she's an eventual addition to Team Avatar.

Also, the Makorra shippers are quite literally rioting over this. Way too funny.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    What are those?

Really? Hm.

Asami spoilers
    Really? Fantastic! I've been hoping we'll meet her as soon as possible, as I really hope she's an eventual addition to Team Avatar.

Also, the Makorra shippers are quite literally rioting over this. Way too funny.
    Man Mako's reaction to her is normal. In fact it's the first non angst emotion I've seen out of him( and one I'd echo hotcha!)

I surmise she will ( let's be honest the need money plot makes it obvious.) and we may get one memeber more for the new crew.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    anime
    american made

sh
    shut up
    watch paprika if you haven't
    it pretty much single-handedly changed the perception of japanese animation in at least 4 people I know irl

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    anime
    american made

sh
    shut up
    watch paprika if you haven't
    it pretty much single-handedly changed the perception of japanese animation in at least 4 people I know irl

I still need to see that and Summer Wars.

• Options
    I used to be a weeaboo in high school

Just don't care anymore

• Options
    Summer Wars is fantastic.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    anti, watch yugioh

its very DEep