Options

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Spider-Man is a mutant. Why isn't he down there fighting with the X-Men?

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Derrick wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Seriously, I want to see this fight.

Boy scout vs. boy scout
    AvengersVsXMen_1_StegmanVariant-666x1024.jpg

One of those boy scouts formed a kill squad to secretly eliminate bad guys.

Try and guess which one, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where Captain America loses, to be honest.

Cyclops is a bit of a one trick pony and he's just not in Cap's league.

that trick is "I have a machiavellian telepath for a girlfriend"

so

What is Cap'n's defense against psychic powers, anyway?

Other telepaths keeping them busy. Or employing the "geek the telepath" strategy.

He goes, "What's with the fake accent?" and then she gets so flustered and angry that she can't mind-zap him.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ehh, working with Magneto is never a pure sign of being a bad guy in the X-Men comics. Especially when it is for the "common good" whatever that means.

I actually like Cyclops being all "Mutant first" but post M-Day and the destruction of Genosha kind of gives him a reason to be that way. Of course anyone using the Phoenix Force or trying to is basically being a retard. That shit is uncontrollable and can wipe out entire solar systems.

I guess there is a chance Jean is back as well. Or according to my small amount of research. Because that is what an angry Cyclops needs, Jean Grey.

that's why he's kinda lost his shit

M-Day and the destruction of Genosha has basically made it so there's less than a few hundred mutants in the world

Cyclops has come to see that as having potential for extinction and thus has been responding entirely with that in mind.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    Cyclops ain't no boyscout no more

he's full on a super villain now
    wait, what?
    cyclops has basically become Magneto Jr.

do you know why the X-Men and Avengers are fighting?

because Cyclops has a fuckheaded plan to exploit the returning Phoenix Force in order to revitalize mutants and help his own kind. If his plan goes awry it could kill all life on Earth so the Avengers naturally have a problem with this.

he's basically fully embraced Magneto's philosophy, complete with

you know

working with Magneto
    To be fair:
    Cyclops has been told by people with knowledge of the future that it is super-important that this happen. Of course, the Avengers have been told by similarly-situated individuals that it is super-important that it not.

What are the odds that in the end those future peeps are the same people, setting both sides up to be weakened?

Hmm...a Kang storyline. I'll accept that.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

So is Wolverine.

But also this is kind of a vaguely interesting point in terms of "Why wouldn't spiderman have been part of the X-Men at some point?"

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Spiderman isn't a mutant.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I know nothing of comics, so that's interesting.

this is emblematic of where Cyke's head is at these days:
    prv12071_pg9.jpg

Comic art has dropped down a few pegs since I was last paying attention.

this sure is a stupid post alright

"comic art" is not a monolith

there is not a dude who is "The Artist of Comic Books" and if a book looks off, clearly the entire industry has gone downhill

stop that

AvX would be a high profile book that should be bringing in talent. That last panel was awful.

Alternatively, kiss my ass. As an artist myself, I'm more than allowed to critique work.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options

because spider-man isn't a mutant, first of all

second of all not every mutant is down with Cyclops' crazy bullshit

Wolverine, for example, is staunchly against it and sides with the Avengers

there was a whole storyline leading up to this (Schism) where mutants basically chose to saddle up with Cyclops' brand of crazy bullshit or take a hike

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Ehh, working with Magneto is never a pure sign of being a bad guy in the X-Men comics. Especially when it is for the "common good" whatever that means.

I actually like Cyclops being all "Mutant first" but post M-Day and the destruction of Genosha kind of gives him a reason to be that way. Of course anyone using the Phoenix Force or trying to is basically being a retard. That shit is uncontrollable and can wipe out entire solar systems.

I guess there is a chance Jean is back as well. Or according to my small amount of research. Because that is what an angry Cyclops needs, Jean Grey.

I never cared for the Emma Frost heel turn. I'd forgive Jean Gray coming back from the dead if it lead to Emma Frost getting bitch slapped.

No! We must evolve or stagnate!

How dare you suggest the X equivalent of One More Day!

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Emma Frost is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

Also, are people bitching about Jr Jr's art? You people. I pray for cleansing nuclear fire because of you people.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    desc, look at the 90's gem I'm getting loaned to me this weekend

Kurzweil_K2000_top.png

gonna sample some sirens and frequency modulate them so that your balls drop

WHOOP WHOOP

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

that's why he's kinda lost his shit

M-Day and the destruction of Genosha has basically made it so there's less than a few hundred mutants in the world

Cyclops has come to see that as having potential for extinction and thus has been responding entirely with that in mind.

Yeah, I actually don't think he is a true bad guy. Of course Magneto was never a "pure" bad guy. He isn't a Mr. Sinister or Apocalypse.

But if anyone should know better not to try and mess with the Phoenix Force it is Scott. Seriously dude? Has it ever worked out in a way that has been good for you? Ever?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Emma up Jean down all day erryday

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    How dare you suggest the X equivalent of One More Day!

This suggests that Emma Frost is analogous to Mary Jane Watson

which is a really goofy thing to imply

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

prv12071_pg9.jpg

there is not a dude who is "The Artist of Comic Books" and if a book looks off, clearly the entire industry has gone downhill

stop that

AvX would be a high profile book that should be bringing in talent. That last panel was awful.

Alternatively, kiss my ass. As an artist myself, I'm more than allowed to critique work.

I don't care that you're an artist, your trump cards don't matter because we're not playing cards, broseph.

You can critique what you want, if you want to criticize the artist who drew that page, feel free

making a snide remark about the state of the industry based on that is stupid, and as an artist you should fucking know better

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    dudes men are so hard to draw

i don't get it

abs and pecs D:

• Options
    Was Messiah Complex good?

Pretty good but not great. But given that most Marvel events over the past half decade have ranged from pretty damn terrible to ok but lots of filler and hoo boy what a terrible ending it rises above the pack.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    is the schoolboard dude from community last night the principle from eastbound and down?

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

there was a whole storyline leading up to this (Schism) where mutants basically chose to saddle up with Cyclops' brand of crazy bullshit or take a hike

Spider-man is as much of a mutant as some of the other members of the X-Men are, though, isn't he?

As in, I was under the assumption that there were X-Men that weren't born mutants but gained their powers through accidents/etc.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I remember reading books with spiderman and the xmen doing stuff together

time's arrow maybe?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I have to go mow a lawn, keep talking about comics until I return!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Spider-man is as much of a mutant as some of the other members of the X-Men are, though, isn't he?

As in, I was under the assumption that there were X-Men that weren't born mutants but gained their powers through accidents/etc.

Every mutant inherited their powers. The rare exceptions are mutants who had powers to begin with, and gained more powers or changed due to accidents like Rogue or Beast.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i should probably get a scanner so i can scan things i'm working on mid progress so that i don't lose what i'm working on when i start to pencil and ink it

some of my blue lines are really helpful

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    Emma Frost is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

Also, are people bitching about Jr Jr's art? You people. I pray for cleansing nuclear fire because of you people.

I think the art comes off a lot worse in that image because that resolution is fucked.

• Options
    Spider-Man is a mutant. His DNA was mutated by a radioactive spider bite.

:whistle: Spider blood. Spider blood. Radioactive spider blood. :whistle:

• Options

prv12071_pg9.jpg

stop that

I don't care that you're an artist, your trump cards don't matter because we're not playing cards, broseph.

You can critique what you want, if you want to criticize the artist who drew that page, feel free

making a snide remark about the state of the industry based on that is stupid, and as an artist you should fucking know better

I just did, and by extension of a high profile book containing considerably poor art, I extrapolated that perhaps comic art as a whole has dropped a few pegs. As in, if this the best they've got going at Marvel, something is wrong.

Feel free to continue making nerd rage posts about it. I still feel it's valid.

• Options

That's not what "Mutant" means in Marvel-speak.

• Options
    Spider-Man is not a bloody mutant. He came by his powers by accident. Mutants are born with a gene that usually causes them to develop powers during puberty.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

X-Men are born mutants. That is where they get their name. They all have the X-Gene. Spiderman is not a mutant. He doesn't have the X-Gene. He doesn't get picked up by cerebro. He wasn't affected by M-Day. He isn't a mutant.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

:whistle: Spider blood. Spider blood. Radioactive spider blood. :whistle:

Thanks, now that song's going to be stuck in my head all night.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    also this figure generator has buttloads of naked women but all the naked men are wearing dumb fantasy stuff or are draping cloths over themselves and shit

SHOW MEN NAKED MEN YOU PIECE OF SHIT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRAW THEM

• Options
    Goddammit, America. How bad is your education system that people think Spider-Man is a mutant? What are they teaching kids over there?

Thanks Obama.

• Options

no

being a mutant, in the Marvel universe, means you have super-powers as a result of your genetics

you have the "x-gene", some wacky genetic code thing that gives you superpowers, and that is the reason you have them

people who gain powers through accidents of science (Spider-Man, the Hulk) are not mutants

for example, Namor is considered a mutant, because he has the x-gene and is actually a mutant Atlantean (when you see what other Atlanteans are like, you can kinda tell), which is why he's shacking up with Cyclops' House of Bad Ideas

Spider-Man isn't a mutant, nor is Hulk or Captain America or Iron Fist or Thor or Captain Marvel

• Options
    also this figure generator has buttloads of naked women but all the naked men are wearing dumb fantasy stuff or are draping cloths over themselves and shit

I have a lot of good sources for naked men.

No winky emoticon this is for serious.

• Options

I have a lot of good sources for naked men.

No winky emoticon this is for serious.

PM me.

• Options

If you're really looking to see the junk of naked men, there *ahem* might be places to find such things on the internet. *wink wink, nudge nudge.*

• Options

prv12071_pg9.jpg

stop that

I just did, and by extension of a high profile book containing considerably poor art, I extrapolated that perhaps comic art as a whole has dropped a few pegs. As in, if this the best they've got going at Marvel, something is wrong.

Feel free to continue making nerd rage posts about it. I still feel it's valid.

Well it isn't, and you can continue to talk out your ass about a subject you know nothing about and refuse to educate yourself regarding

you know

as an artist

(I am still laughing at that)

• Options

That's not what "Mutant" means in Marvel-speak.

Oh yeah? Then what is Spider-Man in this "Marvel-speak"?

• Options
    Podly wrote: »
    desc, look at the 90's gem I'm getting loaned to me this weekend

Kurzweil_K2000_top.png

gonna sample some sirens and frequency modulate them so that your balls drop

WHOOP WHOOP

The k2000 running audio to a cassette deck is how I learned to do electronic music in Jr. College.

Maxell c90 cassettes full of death ambient :3

• Options

Every mutant inherited their powers. The rare exceptions are mutants who had powers to begin with, and gained more powers or changed due to accidents like Rogue or Beast.

Ah, I see.

This discussion has been closed.