Pretty sure that pleases everyone.

Except the guy who made the rip off.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    slash000 wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    stop saying "moneyhat"

We put a moneyhat enemy in RS3.

Which platform do you prefer I buy this for? Steam or the 360?

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »

It pleases me because Minecraft is super fun. I can't stand Notch, however. That's mostly the internet's fault though.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote: »
    stop saying "moneyhat"

I recommend Steam generally. I mean, it'll be the exact same on Xblig as on the PC Steam version, so if you really want to play this on your 360 the XBLIG version is there. But I tend to recommend PC / Steam version anyway.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »

Plural. There are several Minecraft clones on XBLIG.

• Options
    stop saying "moneyhat"

I recommend Steam generally. I mean, it'll be the exact same on Xblig as on the PC Steam version, so if you really want to play this on your 360 the XBLIG version is there. But I tend to recommend PC / Steam version anyway.

Cool. I didn't know if there were any reasons (more money, better relationship, etc) so I wanted to ask. I'll probably just grab both anyway.

• Options
    Steam pays us more frequently (and more reliable) than Microsoft so there's that. Also, it's easier to push out updates on the Steam version.

But really, just get whichever version you want.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    stop saying "moneyhat"

Oh God

I hope it has an attack called The Lost and Darned or something

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It's a ridiculous buzzword from like 6 years ago that no one but you is using.
    12 years ago, actually.
    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/10/23

• Options
    Steam pays us more frequently (and more reliable) than Microsoft so there's that. Also, it's easier to push out updates on the Steam version.

Was the game being on the independent channel a choice or were you guys unable to get publishing rights or some kinda deal to get on the actual arcade channel?

I figured with this high profile an IP you guys would be hitting the big time.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Was the game being on the independent channel a choice or were you guys unable to get publishing rights or some kinda deal to get on the actual arcade channel?

That's a little surprising too.

Then again it's what you two are used to.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited June 2012

It was a choice. We didn't even try to get it on XBLA.

XBLIG gives us a lot more freedom - we don't have to talk MS into letting us set the price we want or the release date we want. Also we don't have to waste time on features that aren't a good fit for the game like leaderboards or achievements or just general MS XBLA certification features. Plus, no need to purchase an official X360 development kit.

I mean, let's be realistic here - even if we got on XBLA, we'd still expect to sell a lot more on Steam so why spend all that money and time to try to get on XBLA? Instead, we release on XBLIG for those fans who really want the game on their 360 and focus on the PC version for everybody else (with Tinkerhouse focusing on additional ports after the game is released).

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    stop saying "moneyhat"

That....is glorious!

Did you guys add a bunch of other Penny Arcade 'wink wink' things in it. You realize that you must put in a certain wolf enemy...right? :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    XBLA requires a lot more hurdles to jump through, and we and PA didn't really want to deal with all those hurdles. So PA was perfectly pleased to do XBLIG for Xbox, and we are used to the platform. We are putting this on Steam and numerous other platforms, so even though we'd have a much larger Xbox360 base to sell to on XBLA rather than XBLIG, the overall coverage of platforms is pretty sufficient.

• Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    stop saying "moneyhat"

That....is glorious!

Did you guys add a bunch of other Penny Arcade 'wink wink' things in it. You realize that you must put in a certain wolf enemy...right? :P

A lot of enemies are based on old PA comics. That's all I'm going to say right now. :)

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    It's a ridiculous buzzword from like 6 years ago that no one but you is using.
    12 years ago, actually.
    http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/10/23
    I feel old now.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Ah, I was wondering where moneyhats would have been appropriate in Rainbow Six 3.

Are there chuweros?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    stop saying "moneyhat"

That....is glorious!

A lot of enemies are based on old PA comics. That's all I'm going to say right now. :)

So what you're saying is that John Romero is an enemy in the game.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Damn it. Wrong thread.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Couple biz things from EA:

The Old Republic is going free to play through level 15.

And there was a big to-do about SimCity Social, a Facebook joint. I'm pretty sure this is the first time one of the big E3 conferences included such a big thing on Facebook.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »

It's not free to play, it's a trial.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    reVerse wrote: »

It's not free to play, it's a trial.

It's just like the WoW thing I would imagine, free up to a set level with some serious limitations in place.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Rift has the same thing in place

• Options
    Still, interesting to see this happen so soon.

Also, apparently EA has the UFC license now. THQ is extra-boned.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Still, interesting to see this happen so soon.

Also, apparently EA has the UFC license now. THQ is extra-boned.

Wow, that's a huge blow to THQ.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Maybe THQ sold the license for some cash? Was the contract up or what?

Also, this is likely misinformed; but I was of the understanding that the UFC games had generally underperformed for THQ and it wasn't really helping their situation anyway.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Also, this is likely misinformed; but I was of the understanding that the UFC games had generally underperformed for THQ and it wasn't really helping their situation anyway.

Well, I am not a businessman, but I imagine that even if your games under license underperform you still have some clout and value in retaining that license.

• Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    I think they likely cashed out the licence to improve their current cash flow.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    stop saying "moneyhat"

Hey, hold some of this back for your press conference..

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options

Electronic Arts just announced during its E3 press conference that it has entered into a multi-year, multi-product deal with the UFC... so, what happened to THQ? Turns out the financially troubled publisher answered our query quite quickly. Turns out Electronic Arts and THQ reached an agreement for the publishing rights for an "undisclosed cash payment."

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    And there was a big to-do about SimCity Social, a Facebook joint. I'm pretty sure this is the first time one of the big E3 conferences included such a big thing on Facebook.
    Well, after The Sims Social, it was inevitable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

Electronic Arts just announced during its E3 press conference that it has entered into a multi-year, multi-product deal with the UFC... so, what happened to THQ? Turns out the financially troubled publisher answered our query quite quickly. Turns out Electronic Arts and THQ reached an agreement for the publishing rights for an "undisclosed cash payment."

Oh, they gave it up. Hopefully the money helps. I thought the UFC owners weren't happy with THQ.

• Options

It was a choice. We didn't even try to get it on XBLA.

XBLIG gives us a lot more freedom - we don't have to talk MS into letting us set the price we want or the release date we want. Also we don't have to waste time on features that aren't a good fit for the game like leaderboards or achievements or just general MS XBLA certification features. Plus, no need to purchase an official X360 development kit.

I mean, let's be realistic here - even if we got on XBLA, we'd still expect to sell a lot more on Steam so why spend all that money and time to try to get on XBLA? Instead, we release on XBLIG for those fans who really want the game on their 360 and focus on the PC version for everybody else (with Tinkerhouse focusing on additional ports after the game is released).

iPhone/Pad obvs but any chance it'll hit WP7?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Oh, they gave it up. Hopefully the money helps. I thought the UFC owners weren't happy with THQ.

While I'm all for experimentation in game development(it helps prevent sequelitis), THQ should probably stick to what they know(Warhammer) for a while until they're out of the red.

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

While I'm all for experimentation in game development(it helps prevent sequelitis), THQ should probably stick to what they know(Warhammer) for a while until they're out of the red.

Unfortunately, the sudden shift in 40K Online from being an MMO to being a singleplayer game is fairly likely to get a pretty bad result in itself.

Not that it's impossible it'll be good, but I'm going to seriously impressed if they manage to pull it off.

subedii on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    I fucking hate video card makers.
    The original Radeon HD 7750 won plaudits for its low-wattage performance and $109 price tag, but now AMD's decided to put out an additional version with 100MHz more clock whizz. The new card also happens to be called the Radeon HD 7750, and it'll sit alongside its doppelganger on the shelves of the world's computer stores just daring you spot the difference. How will you do that? By checking if it requires a separate power supply: the original 7750 was powered entirely through the PCIe slot, limiting its power to 75W and hence its clock speed to 800MHz, while the new one accepts additional power to deliver slightly more grunt and stay ahead of looming competition from NVIDIA. XFX has already jumped aboard with the 7750 Black Edition Double Dissipation priced at $115 after a rebate, and AnandTech says other vendors will follow suit. So, unless you're totally out of power jacks, you know what to look for.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/04/amd-radeon-hd-7750-900Mhz/

That's nothing. You have to be super careful while buying laptops with GPUs.

But yeah, I don't know why they insist on selling both more that one card with the same name and the same card under multiple names, aka rebadging .

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Has this been mentioned yet? THQ has shitcanned all of THQ San Diego all of the sudden, hoping for the E3 hubbub to overshadow it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476867
    CssT0.jpg

9jOvR.jpg

K1X9Z.jpg

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Has this been mentioned yet? THQ has shitcanned all of THQ San Diego all of the sudden, hoping for the E3 hubbub to overshadow it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476867
    CssT0.jpg

9jOvR.jpg

K1X9Z.jpg

If true, as it appears to be, it's both a dick move and another bad portent for THQ.

488W936.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Fuck

WWE All-Stars was awesome, too