As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Imperium] Game 6 - Game Over.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Place Garbozia (2R, 1I, G) at 2-8.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Primor (2R, 1I, Refresh: GF (x2)) to 3-11

• Options
    robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    Hercalor (1R, 0I, Y) - Tiamat (1R, 2I, Y) to 3-6

@caliber is up

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 0 - Galaxy Creation Update 4

Lykouragh: Place Empty system "Promises" at 2-2.
    MrBody: Place Arinam-Meer system at 2-12.
    Void Slayer: Place Garbozia system at 2-8.
    Lykouragh: Place Primor system at 3-11.
    robinlambert: Place Hercalor-Tiamat system at 3-6.
    caliber: Place Nebula system "Oliver's Den" at 3-5.

Current Map

Fidoh, Void Slayer, and MrBody are next in the order for system placement before the order snakes back.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    3-4, Empty Space, "Void's Frown"

@Void Slayer

• Options
    Place Wormhole A at 3-3.

Name it Grace.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MrBody will place his final two systems in his hand before the order snakes back for the final placements. robinlambert, you also still have the option of putting a name on the Beta wormhole system you placed previously.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Let's call it Teenage Wasteland.

robinlambert on
  • Options
    @MrBody, it's your turn for system placement.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Tar'mann at 3-7
    Wellon at 3-6

• Options
    3-6 already has a system (Hercalor-Tiamat, as placed by robinlambert). Choose a different position, if you would.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I meant 3-8. Wellon at 3-8

• Options
    Round 0 - Galaxy Creation Update 5

Fidoh: Place Empty system "Void's Frown" at 3-4.
    Void Slayer: Place Alpha Wormhole system "Grace" at 3-3.
    MrBody: Place Tar'mann system at 3-7.
    MrBody: Place Wellon system at 3-8.

Current Map

Remaining system placement order is Void Slayer, Fidoh, caliber, robinlambert, Lykouragh. Once all system tiles have been placed, we will move on to race and starting position selection.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Place Thibah (1R, 1I) at 3-2.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Place Empty Space at 3-10, "Here Be Dragons"

@caliber

Fidoh on
  • Options
    calibercaliber Registered User regular
    Space Dragons!

Tequ'ran (2R, 0I, R) - Torkan (0R, 3I, B) to 3-10

• Options
    Those last two were both places in the same sector @caliber

• Options
    calibercaliber Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Doh. Just move 'em south to 3-9. Also, poor start position F. :(

Edit: At least F and C have something to talk about now.

@robinlambert

caliber on
  • Options
    There are a few crap locations.

Empty Tile to 3-12. Call it Waste of Space.

@Lykouragh

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Saudor (2R, 2I) to 3-1

• Options
    I need some space.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Round 0 - Race and Position Selection

Void Slayer: Place Thibah system at 3-2.
    Fidoh: Place Empty system "Here be Dragons" at 3-10.
    caliber: Place Tequ'ran-Torkan system at 3-9.
    robinlambert: Place Empty system "Waste of Space" at 3-12.
    Lykouragh: Place Saudor system at 3-1.

Current Map

In turn, starting with caliber then followed by Fidoh, Void Slayer, MrBody, Lykouragh, and robinlambert will each select either a starting position (A-F) or starting race. They will then select the other alternative snaking back in the reverse order. Eight races have been drawn for potential play, they are:

The Arborec
    • Homeworld Planet: Nestphar (3R, 2I, G)
    • Starting Units: 4 Ground Forces, 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, 1 PDS, 1 Space Dock
    • Starting Technologies: Gen Synthesis and {Stasis Capsules OR Transit Diodes}
    • Trade Contracts: 1, 2
    • You may not build Ground Forces with your Space Docks.
    • Your Ground Forces have a production capacity of 1. You may not produce units with Ground Forces that have moved during the same activation.
    • At the start of the Status Phase, place 1 Ground Force on one planet you control.
    • Racial Technology 1: Bioplasmosis (Cost: +3) - At the beginning of the Strategy Phase, you may move 1 Ground Force from a planet you control to a friendly or uncontrolled planet in an adjacent system. (Discard any Domain Counters on the planet.)
    • Racial Technology 2: Spore Acceleration (Cost: +5) - Increase the production capacity of your Ground Forces by 1.
    • Flagship: Duha Menaimon (Cost: 10) - Battle 6 (x2), Movement 1, Capacity 5, Sustain Damage, Production Capacity 5 - You may not build units with this ship if it has moved during this activation.
    The Emirates of Hacan
    • Homeworld Planets: Arretze (2R, 0I) - Hercant (1R, 1I) - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    • Starting Units: 4 Ground Units, 2 Carriers, 1 Cruiser, 2 Fighters, 1 Space Dock
    • Starting Technologies: {Sarween Tools OR Neural Motivator}
    • Trade Contracts: 3, 3
    • Your trades do not require approval during Trade Negotiations.
    • You do not need to spend a Command Counter to execute the Secondary Ability of the Trade Strategy. When you receive Trade Goods from one of your Trade Agreements, you receive one additional Trade Good.
    • No player may ever, except for war, break a Trade Contract with you.
    • During the Status Phase, you may trade Action Cards with other players.
    • Racial Technology 1: Production Centers (Cost: +3) - As an Action, you may spend one command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to gain 6 Trade Goods. You must then give 2 of your Trade Goods to one other player. You may only do this once per turn, and only if you have fewer than 6 Trade Goods.
    • Racial Technology 2: Quantum Datahub Node (Cost: +5) - At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may trade one of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card belonging to one of your trade partners. The other player does not need to agree to this trade.
    • Flagship: Wrath of Kenara (Cost: 10) - Battle 7 (x3), Movement 2, Capacity 4, Sustain Damage - When this ship is present, up to two times each combat round, you may spend 1 Trade Good to reroll one of your dice.
    The Barony of Letnev
    • Homeworld Planets: Arc Prime (4R, 0I) - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    • Starting Units: 1 Space Dock, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 3 Ground Forces
    • Starting Technologies: {Graviton Negator OR Duranium Armor}
    • Trade Contracts: 1, 1
    • Before any Space Battle or Invasion Combat Round, you may spend 2 Trade Goods to give all your Spaceships +1, or all of your Ground Forces +2, on their Combat Rolls for that Combat Round.
    • Your Fleets may always contain one more Ship than your number of Command Counters in your Fleet Supply.
    • Racial Technology 1: L4 Disruptors (Cost: +6) - You may use your race's special ability during Invasion Combat without paying any Trade Goods.
    • Racial Technology 2: Noneuclidean Shielding (Cost: +4) - When you use the sustain damage ability of one of your units, it prevents 2 casualties (instead of just 1).
    • Flagship: Arc Secundus (Cost: 10) - Battle 5 (x2), Movement 1, Capacity 2, Sustain Damage, Bombard - This ship may bombard planets that contain PDS units. At the start of each combat round, repair this ship.
    The Mentak Coalition
    • Homeworld Planet: Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    • Starting Units: 1 Carrier, 3 Cruisers, 1 Space Dock, 1 PDS, 4 Ground Forces
    • Starting Technologies: Micro Technology and {Gen Synthesis OR Maneuvering Jets}
    • Trade Contracts: 1, 1
    • You start the game with one additional Command Counter in your Fleet Supply area.
    • Before a Space Battle begins (in which you are participating), you may fire with up to two Cruisers or Destroyers (or a mix thereof). Enemy casualties are taken immediately, with no return fire allowed.
    • During the Strategy Phase, you may take one Trade Good token from up to two different players. Each such target player must have at least 3 Trade Goods on his Race Sheet.
    • Racial Technology 1: Salvage Operations (Cost: +4) - Gain 2 Trade Goods at the end of each Space Battle in which you participate. If you won the battle, you may build one ship in the system of a unit type that you destroyed during combat. You must pay the ship's resource cost.
    • Racial Technology 2: Mirror Computing (Cost: +4) - When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good counts as 2 resources or 2 influence (instead of 1).
    • Flagship: Fourth Moon (Cost: 8) - Battle 5 (x2), Movement 2, Capacity 2, Sustain Damage - Opposing ships may not use the sustain damage ability in this system.
    The Clan of Saar
    • Homeworld Planets: Lisis II (1R, 0I) - Ragh (2R, 1I)
    • Starting Units: 4 Ground Forces, 2 Carriers, 2 Fighters, 1 Cruiser, 1 Space Dock
    • Starting Technologies: Antimass Deflectors and {Cybernetics OR Micro Technology}
    • Gain 1 Trade Good every time you acquire a new planet.
    • Your Space Docks have a movement of 1, but may not build during the same activation in which they move. Your Space Docks are never placed on planets and have a production capacity of 4. Your Space Docks are destroyed if ever present with an opponent's ship without any of your ships present.
    • You may fulfill Objectives even if you don't control your Home System.
    • Racial Technology 1: Floating Factory (Cost: +3) - Your Space Docks have a production capacity of 5, a fighter capacity of 5, and receive +1 movement.
    • Racial Technology 2: Chaos-Mapping (Cost: +2) - You may activate Asteroid Field systems. Your Fleet Supply limit in Asteroid Field systems is 3 (which cannot be modified).
    • Flagship: Son of Ragh (Cost: 10) - Battle 6 (x3), Movement 1, Capacity 4, Sustain Damage - This ship rolls 4 dice for your anti-Fighter barrage.
    The Winnu
    • Homeworld Planet: Winnu (3R, 4I, Y)
    • Starting Units: 3 Ground Forces, 1 Carrier, 1 Cruiser, 2 Fighters, 1 PDS, 1 Space Dock
    • Starting Technologies: Stasis Capsules and {Integrated Economy OR Neural Computing}
    • Trade Contracts: 1, 3
    • You may always add the Influence value of your Home System planet to your votes, even if it is exhausted.
    • Your planets that contain at least 1 Ground Force are immune to the Local Unrest Action Card.
    • You do not need to spend a Command Counter to execute the secondary ability of the Technology Strategy.
    • Racial Technology 1: Bioptic Recyclers (Cost: +3) - Once per game round, as an action, you may discard an Action Card from your hand to gain 2 Trade Goods or 1 Command Counter.
    • Racial Technology 2: Lazax Gate Folding (Cost: +4) - At the start of each Status Phase, you may place 1 Ground Force on Mecatol Rex. You may only do this if the planet is uncontrolled or under your control. (Discard any Domain Counters on the planet.)
    • Flagship: Salai Sai Corian (Cost: 10) - Battle 7 (x?), Movement 1, Capacity 3, Sustain Damage - This ship makes a number of attacks equal to the number of opposing non-Fighter ships present this round during a Space Battle.
    The Xxcha Kingdom
    • Homeworld Planets: Archon Ren (2R, 3I) - Archon Tau (1R, 1I)
    • Starting Units: 1 Space Dock, 3 Fighters, 1 PDS, 1 Carrier, 2 Ground Forces, 2 Cruisers
    • Starting Technologies: Magen Defense Grid, Hyper Metabolism, and {Integrated Economy OR Sarween Tools}
    • Trade Contracts: 2, 2
    • When executing the Secondary Ability of the Diplomacy Strategy, you may execute the Primary Ability instead.
    • Immediately after a Political Card has been drawn or played and read aloud, you may spend one Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation to cancel the card and force another Political Card to be drawn.
    • Your opponents receive -1 on all combat rolls against you during the first combat round of all Space Battles and Invasion Combat.
    • Racial Technology 1: Diplomats (Cost: +5) - Once per turn, when an opponent activates a system you control, you may spend a command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to force him to instead place the Command Counter into his reinforcements and immediately end his action.
    • Racial Technology 2: Instinct Training (Cost: +4) - Once per game round, you may spend 1 Command Counter from your Strategy Allocation area to cancel an Action Card just played by an opponent.
    • Flagship: Loncara Ssodu (Cost: 9) - Battle 6 (x2), Movement 1, Capacity 4, Sustain Damage - You may attack with this ship as if it were 2 PDS units with the Deep Space Cannon Technology advance.
    The Yssaril Tribes
    • Homeworld Planets: Retillion (2R, 3I) - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    • Starting Units: 1 Space Dock, 5 Ground Forces, 1 PDS, 2 Carriers, 1 Cruiser, 2 Fighters
    • Starting Technologies: {Light/Wave Deflector OR Micro Technology}
    • You are allowed to skip your action turn during the Action Phase. You may not skip two such action turns in a row.
    • You draw one additional Action Card during every Status Phase. You are never limited to a hand size of Action Cards, regardless of the game rules and any active Political Cards.
    • Once during every Strategy Phase, you may look at one other player's hand of Action Cards.
    • Racial Technology 1: Shuttle Logistics (Cost: +3) - At the start of the Status Phase, you may choose a system that does not contain any enemy ships. Your Ground Forces in the chosen system may move to any friendly planet in the same or an adjacent system (that does not contain any enemy ships).
    • Racial Technology 2: Mageon Implants (Cost: +4) - When looking at your opponent's hand of Action Cards using your racial ability, you may steal 1 card of your choice and add it to your hand.
    • Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila (Cost: 9) - Battle 7 (x2), Movement 2, Capacity 5, Sustain Damage - This ship may move through systems containing enemy ships.

(racial colors to change depending on selection)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I'll take starting position E.

Some powerful races there.

@Void Slayer

• Options
    Good. I'm going to need a powerful race to help with whatever awesome starting position is left for me. Haha.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Ha man now I see why people ban the Yssaril. That's just silly

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Which part is silly?

• Options
    "You are allowed to skip your action turn during the Action Phase. You may not skip two such action turns in a row."

This part.

• Options
    "You draw one additional Action Card during every Status Phase. You are never limited to a hand size of Action Cards, regardless of the game rules and any active Political Cards."

Also, this part.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    This one too:
    Once during every Strategy Phase, you may look at one other player's hand of Action Cards.

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Ha. Seems right to me. Never understood banning them though as everyone just seems to team up on them. Course if no one picks them and caliber gets them, that could be fun.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Geez the crazy part is you guys missed even more of their advantages!

-May delay every other action
    -Extra action card per turn
    -No action card hand limit
    -Peek at opponent's action card hand
    -Racial tech lets them steal a card every time they look at someone's hand!

-One of the very few (2?) races that starts with XRD Transports, the best tech in the game short of warsuns.
    -If playing with leaders, they get 2 agents, which I consider the best kind.

(there's also some weak races there)

MrBody on
  • Options
    Don't think they start with xrd transporters in this version. Modified racial techs.

• Options
    They start out with light wave deflectors, the only non-warsun tech even crazier than XRD.

Usually it wasn't an issue since no one but Jol-Nar could realistically reach it. >_O

• Options
    Are the unique racial techs still the same?

• Options
    Looks like it.

• Options
    Uhhh...I mean The Winnu! The Winnu are totally overpowered yup top pick for sure darn I wish I went first so I could get them.

• Options
    Those Yssaril powers can't be any good if they get better trade treaties than Yin :p

• Options
    I will choose the Clan of Saar.