Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Machination Base Budget, Updgrades, and Missions

Every feature on the base has a monthly cost associated with it, along with a meter [IIIII]. Every month you pay less than the recommended cost, you lose one point from the feature's meter. So for instance, if you pay $200,000 to your soldiers one month instead of $250,000, you'll drop to [IIII-]. If you only play $150,000 the next month, it will drop to [II---]. Something bad will happen if any of the meters empties all the way. Meters can be filled by overpaying on the following month.

It's worth noting that unless you want to go bankrupt within the first month, you'll need to underpay some things in order to afford the Personal EMP Fields, so that you can leave the base to go on money-making missions.

I have a couple questions:
    1) Is it just one mission per month? Or can we fit multiple missions in?
    2) In regards to the AR Simulation, do people start dying as soon as we start underpaying?

1) I meant to include this in the rules. At least 3 people have to be on each mission, you can take as many missions as that allows you to.

2) No one will start dying until it the meter hits zero.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Stop all funding to the simulation people

A life in a simulation isnt a life worth living

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Every feature on the base has a monthly cost associated with it, along with a meter [IIIII]. Every month you pay less than the recommended cost, you lose one point from the feature's meter. So for instance, if you pay $200,000 to your soldiers one month instead of $250,000, you'll drop to [IIII-]. If you only play $150,000 the next month, it will drop to [II---]. Something bad will happen if any of the meters empties all the way. Meters can be filled by overpaying on the following month.

It's worth noting that unless you want to go bankrupt within the first month, you'll need to underpay some things in order to afford the Personal EMP Fields, so that you can leave the base to go on money-making missions.

2) In regards to the AR Simulation, do people start dying as soon as we start underpaying?

1) I meant to include this in the rules. At least 3 people have to be on each mission, you can take as many missions as that allows you to.

So just to make sure I'm understanding the missions correctly, we only get one "round" per month, but we can take multiple missions concurrently?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

So just to make sure I'm understanding the missions correctly, we only get one "round" per month, but we can take multiple missions concurrently?

that's correct

• Options
    Eden del Bosque Blade Jaguar (Swords +1) (Stealth +1)

"At least some of us are still alive," Jaguar says. "While we still live, there's still a chance to turn this situation around."

Her nanites access the available mission briefings and run some simple calculations to come to the necessary budget decisions.

"Assuming we have the manpower, it would be wise for one team to handle acquiring new lodging for our soldiers and for another team to respond to one of the two funding options." She runs her fingers through her hair. "I have...issues with cartels, so it would probably be best for me to stay away from that mission. I'd prefer to help extract the actors."

What do you think, Eagle? she asks her mental companion.

[Budget Suggestions:

Spend $250k to develop Personal EMP Field Generators.
    Cut AR budget by $100k
    Cut all other budgets by $50k]

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Farmhouse -4
    The posse decides that the best course of action is the direct course of action.

The good “Samaritan” Dr. Samuel decided that the best course o’ action would be a polite knock.
    He gets no response.

Dom José Marcos Sempavor de Évora do Ouro tries a more incendiary method. While the good doctor knocks, he begins to coat the porch in oil. This gets a rise Jeremiah and Morse, the former of which just haven gotten back from scanning the farm, finding nothing in particular.

Morse starts to call out to Zeze. “Woah, hold on their Zeze, let’s not be too hasty now. I didn’t invite ya along ta-“
    He is interrupted but the sound of slamming fists on wood.

Now the thing is son, folks out in the country are used to a certain way of life. They like their business to be their business, and strangers don’t adhere to that.
    Especially when that country folk might have something to hide.

Zeze did something right, he managed to get some activity from inside.

And that activity was a pale man you assume must be Walt pointing a .44 caliber rifle in your face.
    “I don’t know who you are esse, but you best start explaining what you’re doing on my property.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    also you guys should come up with bitchin' names for A) your base and Cool Smiley) your squad name. Network Epsilon is pretty lame yo

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    anyone that wants outta machination (or shit anyone who wants to sneak in) now is the time to do so. anyone that wants to quit was one of the people who didn't survive the EMP blast

I wanna stay. I like Machinations. I've just been in a very personal lull lately, coupled with the trip to England. I'll have to catch up a bit.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    As for names....

Base:
    Black Chamber Redoubt
    Arsenal Command
    Siege Command
    Forsaken Palisade
    Mertvykh krepost (Which means 'Dead Fortress' but in Russian and is therefore better)
    Zheleznaya gora (Iron Mountain)

Unit:
    Kladenets
    The Dead Chamber
    Havoc Sentinel
    Viper Unit
    SeaWasp
    Myrmidon Commando

Edit:
    Think I'm caught up with Machinations.

So we've got an Altered Carbon dealio going on here.

Dux on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    May want to hold off on a base name until we get the new digs mission done

Budget concerns are primarily focusing on personal EMP fields so we can do missions to fund everything else

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I'm totally still in for the games I'm in. Just need to motivate myself

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

Bashe lays a hand on Tarantula's shoulder. "My condolences. Stay strong."

She nods and moves away. She leans against a wall in a shadowy corner of the room.

"Alright, I think from a purely tactical point of view the warheads and the troop relocation should have our priority. The warheads would serve as deterrence against attack, not to mention how valuable another ex-TIGERSHARK member could be to us. The troop relocation speaks for itself...."

Bashe crosses her arms.

"I'm just a soldier, though. We do need money badly. I'll go wherever you need me."

She scratches her nose.

"Uhm, by the way. The Spanish and Portuguese term for 'Quid pro quo' is 'Do ut des'. Just, uuuh..... thought I'd let you know."

Dux on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Atlas America Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

Looming near the wall, Atlas grunts. "While I still breathe, I will help as I can. Which mission does not matter, I will go."

Going with Stilt's budget suggestions.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Chase Maverick Naked Eagle (Recon +1) (Breaker +1)
    Chase swirls his drink in the VR Lounge. Housing would be nice, but cartels are basically evil, right? I feel like we should probably be fighting them, not helping them. He sips. As for the actors, I'd say we got a star of our own waiting to be born, but sadly he's stuck with your face right now.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    I need to figure out how to make dust posts prettier

It's a just a blob of brown when I play

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

--VR Lounge--
    Jaguar sits down in a white, wing chair and crosses her legs. While I agree with your stance on cartels, I'm not sure if we have the luxury right now of being picky about who we take missions from. Still, it can't hurt to see if there are other options for improving our housing situation. She taps her fingers on the left armrest in annoyance. And you're fooling yourself if you think your original face is more pleasing than mine.

--Home Base [working title]--
    "Chase approves of rescuing the actors, but he and I would both like to know if there are any alternatives to working with cartels," she says to Tarantula. "We'll play nice if we must, but we'd prefer to obtain new barracks by other means."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Chase Maverick Naked Eagle (Recon +1) (Breaker +1)
    The facts are the facts. We'll let the court decide. Chase says, shrugging. His smirk fades as a thought occurs to him. Did any of the soldiers we lost have cybernetics? It might be worthwhile to strap a couple extra arms on you, use their memory to offload a bit of my processes.

• Options
    to be clear, chase isn't just a ghost living in eden's head. He has equal control over her body/mouth.

• Options
    to be clear, chase isn't just a ghost living in eden's head. He has equal control over her body/mouth.

Shhh, don't let him know that!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Chase, remarkably, is actually just being polite about that.

Also, I just want a pair of extra cyber arms that turn into wings, okay.

Breakblade Jaguar-with-Eagle's Wings that is also on fire.

• Options
    You know Stilts

There is a magical place that Dead cant reach you

A place of cowboys and drunken things

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    everyone is DE?AD

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    DE?AD all the way down

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    We already ended that game.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    [Jennie Crais] [Cowgirl +1] [Whip Master +1]
    i: handmade whip

"There was what you might call a 'disturbance' today," Jennie says, remaining calm. "Thought you might know something about it." She tilts her head down slightly, just enough for her cowboy hat to obscure her eyes. "It ain't wise of you to keep that gun pointed at us. Could be dangerous."

Now I just need to find DE?AD's most recent Silver update.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Maya Sapphire (Rogue +1) (Survivalist +1) (Icy Sapphire Spine -2) (400P) (Held: 0) [Group 2]
    [i: night-vision goggles (100P), ice dagger]

Maya smiles.

Ah, yes, there's the corruption.

She takes out the ice dagger that was given to her and uses some potential to invert it to a flame dagger. It's doubtful that it's even possible to sneak up on an abstract concept like corruption, so the direct approach might be better now.

Maya sprints in front of the corruption, making sure to put it between her and as many people with guns as possible. And then she stabs its center with the flame dagger [tapping (Rogue) for +1].

[Intent: Weaken the Corruption's defenses.]

Geth roll 1d4-1d4+1

1d4-1d4+1 1 [1d4=3] [1d4=3]

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014

--VR Lounge--
    Jaguar stares at Eagle in bewilderment for a few seconds, then sighs.

I'll see what I can do.

--Home Base--

"Eagle has...a suggestion for helping ease the the load on my processors," she says, looking in Solar Dog's direction. "He wants to know if any of the dead had cybernetic arms, and if attaching them to me would increase my available memory."

She crosses her arms. "And...we also might have a disagreement that we need you to settle. Between me and Eagle's original body, who would be more attractive on a movie screen?"

Going with the tigershark theme (and taking a little inspiration from Dux)...

Base name: Iron Reef
    Unit: Aumakua

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Dan Bixel Concussive Salamander (Salamander Combat+1) (Recon+1)

"We just got nearly murdered, and are one bad battery away from having our brains permanently fried. I feel like saving some actors might not be the biggest priority."

Base suggestion- The Metal Cog, Newtopia, NewtsNewtsNewtsNewtsNewtsNewts, Home.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Idea

Can we DE?AD into one of my newts

Preferably the one with a minigun in its mouth

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Atlas America Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

Atlas looks directly into Jaguar's eyes and flatly states. "Eagle. Is mostly style thing. You have all flair and charm of mongoose about to strike."

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    hey marsh, your acronym tags for EINHERJAR need a quotation mark in the code.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Psst

Hey

Hey Caulk

You should bring back your smith in Dust

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Cedric Haul Solar Dog (Engineer +1) (Electromagnetism+1)

Solar Dog just stares at Blade Jaguar for a few moments before shrugging

"I-I guess? But wh-

Chase, do you have any idea how nanomachines work? This isn't magic bullshit I can just rub on something and have it work. I'll get you a body soon as we can build the cloning lab."

He puts a hand to his cheek while weighing the list of options again. There's no point to base improvements until they find a new location to operate from, and missions would be difficult without a way of leaving their protective bubble. Whatever military considerations there are would be best left with actual soldiers.

"Well none of this is gonna get done before I rig us with some personal isodynamic dynamos. Tarantula... Rachel was it? Before I scrap something together I want to speak with Mayfield myself."

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    didn't mayfield get a hole put in his face, or did he get dumped into VR somewhere too?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    mayfield's dead

chase's original body is still alive and unconscious. building the nanite lab will let you install him back where he belongs.

• Options
    I would edit that, but I'll leave that to Cedric not being a fan of nanomachines telling him everything

I know that's essentially his brain, but that's how he feels about it

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Lily Black [Pretty+1] [Smith+1]
    i: Smithing Hammer

She leans against the porch railing and smiles sweetly "C'mon Walt, listen to reason. We don't really want ta have to beat it inta ya. Just put the gun down, and we can talk."

tapping [Pretty].

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So is that a no on the "put chase in a small amphibian" plan

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    (Sneak into the clone lab and you can put Chase in a large amphibian)

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Im pretty sure rock climbing is the only thing currently keeping me sane

My brain just goes "Im going to climb that wall and that will keep me from screaming"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg