Options

Neotoma Presents: The Last Gloss Standing

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Gonna sleep on whether or not you were just there all along or if you are going to be introduced to the group by Morse

So tomorrow!

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    So, we've got Stilts and Rawkking still posting in Silver. Anybody else?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    gimme a second

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Barton Wylds (Mystic +1) (Cool +1) (Shark Teeth -2) (500p) (Hold 4)

Finding a stable spot to change, Barton strips and puts on his uniform properly. Then he slips the terrycloth robe and bunny slipper-boots on over top. "That's probably our way into the mission area." he forms an airtight helmet and airsupply, complete with exterior speakers. "Well, no point in standing around. Everyone grab your gear and follow that tick."

He then wades into the whirl pool and lets the tide take him.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    where is the last relevant post, @DE?AD?

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Looking at the post again, should my emblem be listed as +2 instead of -2?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Okay yeah @Oghulk you can just start posting whenever fuck waiting

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Looking at the post again, should my emblem be listed as +2 instead of -2?

That was totally a typo. It should be -2.

@Shock G Caulk is right, his link is the last post.

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    Sylvan, the Hawk (Police +1) (Occultist +1) (Talon hand -1) (Held: 0)
    (I: Eagle Cane ) 500p

I peel myself off of the floor, coins sticking to my face. I pick them off.

"Good job, everybody. Way to pop a tick."

I walk up next to Meyer, and join him in staring into the whirlpool.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'll try to make a silver post and update machination once i get out from under this homework pile

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Okay yeah @Oghulk you can just start posting whenever fuck waiting

Cool! I'm new to this, so hopefully this works.

Rust Diamond [Archivist] [Hallowed] [Shadowy+1][Well Read+1]
    I: Magnifying Glass
    I: Pistol

A book appears in front of Rust. It's pages torn and ragged, bloodied, worn beyond its years. It catches alight, but doesn't burn. Black smoke billows from the flames, obscuring his vision. When it dissipates he sees the stone, blood red, as if someone died upon it. He can't quite put where he'd seen it before. Waves of nostalgia waft over him as he stares at it. He opens his eyes.

"What was that," he asks softly, to no one in particular.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    psst oghulk you should also join machination

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    i dunno how many stories i can handle being brand new to this though!

• Options
    YOU CAN HANDLE WHAT I SAY YOU CAN HANGLE

• Options
    h-

handle

not hangle

• Options
    Is that like finagle?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    i'll try to make a silver post and update machination once i get out from under this homework pile

there's no escape from the homework pile

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

there's no escape from the homework pile

Let's all just accept our fate and roll around naked in the homework pile.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Dust will consume all

Soon this thread be nothing but the Dust Lands

And then we shall hunt DE?AD across the plain in the form of a dire bison

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I had to use a Linux distro (installed on a virtual machine) called "Fedora" for my UNIX homework.

I had a hard time resisting the urge to name my user account "mmmlady"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i'm still in silver!

i'll make a post when i get back from work

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Dust will consume all

Soon this thread be nothing but the Dust Lands

And then we shall hunt DE?AD across the plain in the form of a dire bison

so you're saying this thread will lose its gloss and get all dusty and gross

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    it always takes me so long to decide on super powers

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    it always takes me so long to decide on super powers

I'm pretty sure the answer is always time travel.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Time travel
    Size change
    Shadow manipulation

Top three superpowers in terms of power to coolness ratio

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Time travel
    Intangibility
    Teleportation

Three superpowers that are linked to DM headaches and are best left forever off the table, unless their use is already either close to or are entirely ubiquitous in the setting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    The key is to be ready with all sorts of punishments and backfires when people start to abuse their powers

So yeah you could look at intangibility as a GM headache

I see it as a way to make the player fall to the center of the earth as soon as they start acting uppity

• Options
    My method to deal with it was something along the lines that the boss of the encounter had studied the group's powers from previous public fights and designed his base to thwart them. Really, I was just kind of lashing back because he was going to completely bypass a bunch of traps and fights.

It's worth noting this was the second night of my first time DMing (so I wasn't aware of that possibility when I approved the powers), and I had only really modified a module that wasn't written with experienced players in mind.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thinking on it, in the future I'd probably attach clauses of use onto those powers.

Like for time travel in a setting where it's not ubiquitous, the Haruhi Clause: any time the character(s) change something using time travel, they're actually destroying the universe and instantly recreating it with the change in place. I see it working best as a mostly unspoken thing that you spring on the players midway through the game (like, the destruction is never absolute and ragtag populations from old realities band together and start sending agents to arrest/kill the character(s) for past and future Crimes Against Reality.

Stuff like that.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Really you should be picking your power based on personality

If your characters a dick, Hallowed, everyone else, Blessed.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Forces of creative destruction always get a bad rap.

• Options
    I really like it when superpowers are an extension of a character's personality

Like how speedster characters are generally cocky and impatient

• Options
    I think I've been pretty good with that;
    Fire is wildly destructive, and like blue said cares not what it burns
    Shadows are unreliable and deceptive

I didn't do much with Gin's Time powers, I guess

• Options
    the incredibles was the best at making superpowers fit the personalities

• Options
    Now that we have disscussed how powers should be picked in length pick your powers already god dammit

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Wait, are these powers in Dust manifesting into specific things? It's not just tap the power to be awesome?

discrider on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Nah

Im actually just as confused about Oghulks post as you seem to be. I figured it had something to do with the book of his masters he was looking for, but it wasn't a big enough deal that I felt like bringing it up

Until now, that is

Edit: Less be awesome, more "oh god oh god I wasn't ment to do with why is my arm covered in boils"

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    How about the Power of pestilence. Summon bugs, turn flesh necrotic. Also fits setting as a biblical thing?
    Or maybe smoke. Turn into smoke, suffocate people, be Imfamous.
    Hmmm.

Whatever I at least know I'll be Hallowed.

• Options
    Plague? Yeah that could work

If you can dig up a mention in the bible you can use it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg