As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Called It

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    As if Dungeons and Dragons has ever led to any kind of sex

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

Masturbation.

Game. Set. Fap.

• Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    Dungeons and Dragons was directly responsible for me meeting my wife. We have had sex. More than once!

DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Dungeons and Dragons was directly responsible for me meeting my wife. We have had sex. More than once!
    does she have any friends?!

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Hunter wrote: »
    Dungeons and Dragons is a gateway drug to satanism, premarital sex, and ritualistic murder.

I tried one Dungeons and Dragons back in my youth and I had none of those things. I want my money back.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

Disgusting!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod

Also how I met my husband, who is pretty great.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    ceres wrote: »

Coming this fall to CBS...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »

Coming this fall to CBS...

The Dungeon Matchmaker.

He sets up people he knows would do well as a couple and then uses a session of D&D to bring them together and hit it off as a team.

His catchphrase is "Looks like Cupid's arrow critically hit"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It's a pretty good story IMO.

Although I've always maintained that if my life were a work of fiction the author would be called a talentless hack whose characters never learn anything and fail to experience character growth on even a basic level.

• Options
    I used the term "critical success" in my wedding vows. True story.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular

I did offer to sleep with an NPC as a joke once and @OminousLozenge was the DM. He let me roll to see if I learned any secrets during pillow talk.

I rolled...really poorly. Then @DrZiplock told all his coworkers about the slutty bard in his campaign and now when I meet any of them they go "Oh! That was you?!"

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

I did offer to sleep with an NPC as a joke once and @OminousLozenge was the DM. He let me roll to see if I learned any secrets during pillow talk.

I rolled...really poorly. Then @DrZiplock told all his coworkers about the slutty bard in his campaign and now when I meet any of them they go "Oh! That was you?!"

Yea, I'll just confirm this as a true story.

She rolled fucking horribly.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    One of my characters once boned down with...an Elf queen I think? Or some kind of noble anyway.

It was pretty much by accident, dude was just taking a bath and some Elf lady wanders in, so he smiles and waves, DM asks for a charisma roll and I rolled pretty good, so she hopped on in.
    If memory serves he got some kind of herpes from that.

• Options
    Any time my players get frisky with the local flavour, I ask for a Constitution roll to resist disease.

• Options
    Any time my players get frisky with the local flavour, I ask for a Constitution roll to resist disease.

So does my husband! Also when you eat someone's heart.

• Options
    For gross:
    In the first of his games I ever played, one of our friends played a troubled tiefling who slept with a number of NPCs. She failed her save pretty badly, so he rolled from some table he had in his head. The next session she found out she had contracted something like a nest full of maggots that was growing, you know, up there.

He has quite the imagination.

• Options
    DrZiplock wrote: »

So basically she tried to seduce the NPC by going down on him seductively, and ended up getting poked in the eye and being rushed to the local shaman.

• Options

So basically she tried to seduce the NPC by going down on him seductively, and ended up getting poked in the eye and being rushed to the local shaman.

Well, she didn't have to roll to sleep with him. That part was a forgone conclusion....because money had changed hands.

Oh.

What that part left out? Right. She offered to drill the NPC for some cash so that the poor man of our merry band could by himself a shiny.

The roll was just to determine if she was good enough to get some information out of him via pillow talk.

Turns out, nope. Not that good a lay.

• Options

Well, she didn't have to roll to sleep with him. That part was a forgone conclusion....because money had changed hands.

Oh.

What that part left out? Right. She offered to drill the NPC for some cash so that the poor man of our merry band could by himself a shiny.

The roll was just to determine if she was good enough to get some information out of him via pillow talk.

Turns out, nope. Not that good a lay.

So a toothy BJ and a cold fish lay.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Well she could have been great in the sack... and just terrible at the dirty talk.

We've all been there.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    High Dex, low Cha?

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    you people are the reason oglaf exists

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all week.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Alex Jones is claiming the Vegas shooting was a false flag operation by the government

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    alex jones is a piece of shit

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    They needed some quick scratch and didn't want or think to go murderhobo-ing for it. At the time, they might not have yet known about the one shady guy in this ostensibly sleepy hamlet with whom they could have made arrangements. So the bard decided to get entrepreneurial. To the group's credit, they later extorted the shit out of the shady dude.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The thing about false flag operations is

things generally aren't false flag operations

• Options
    Stale wrote: »
    Well she could have been great in the sack... and just terrible at the dirty talk.

We've all been there.

Thank you.

I have to be...inspired.

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    The thing about false flag operations is

things generally aren't false flag operations

Somebody's logged into Tube's account to discredit false flag operations!

Mods!?

• Options
    Fuck dirty talk. "Oh hi yes instead of enjoying some intercourse I'd like you to now have an idea as well".

• Options
    I once inadvertently caused a liaison to end by answering the fifth repetition of "tell me your fantasy" with "it's like this, but you're not talking".

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    How would you find a D&D group if you don't have any friends who play or would enjoy playing D&D?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    How would you find a D&D group if you don't have any friends who play or would enjoy playing D&D?

Your local game store might have a pinboard with groups looking for players.

Or Craigslist.

• Options
    When I have a partner that talks too much I either give them a task that will not allow them to talk or tell them to shut up.

It's worked well for me.

• Options
    When I have a partner that talks too much I either give them a task that will not allow them to talk or tell them to shut up.

It's worked well for me.

"Here's a harmonica. Play me 'Moon River'."

• Options
    Dirty talk is the sexual equivalent of giving someone lego for their birthday. It's ostensibly nice, but in reality they're looking at you expectantly to see what you come up with and silently judging you when it's just a house.

• Options

It's worked well for me.

I'm going to have to stash a harmonica next to the bed soon and then play Amazing Grace.

Bet I can get to the refrain before her brain hardlocks and everything comes to a sudden, yet hilarious, halt.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

It's worked well for me.

Go on.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @DrZiplock I still remember your story about producing and eyepatch and pirate hook in the middle of liaisons with your then lady, it makes me chuckle every time.