Options

Game of Thrones: It's not Books, It's HBO (NO BOOKS!)

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I don't know why he'd go to King's Landing. At this point just go home, no one would give a shit.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sam should be dead and I think its stupid he isn't. When whatsherface super bow and arrow lady shot that other dude next to Sam through the neck, there is no reason for her to just stop, and not shoot Sam as well. But she just did, because Sam. Which I thought was dumb.

I don't know that other dudes name because I watched half of this episode on Mute since most of it was just fighting and nothing important during all of that mess was probably being said other than typical rah rah lets go fight the dudes speeches.

Why would Sam be dead...Pyp was sticking his head up above the wall to shoot at dudes, which gave her a clear shot. Sam was hiding beneath reloading the crossbows. She probably wouldn't have even known he was there. By the time he stood up the battle had progressed and she was probably sniping one of the many other targets.

but with this style of viewing I'm not surprised :/

She looked right at him, and just stared at him for a bit. She had plenty of time to shoot him, and given how she'd be shown to be so fast and accurate with a bow there's no reason for her not to. Other than the fact that Sam has Plot Armor.

She was also crouched in that one spot for at least 5 min of episode time

You could see her in the background, she was there until she spotted Jon if I recall

She was also totally out of arrows when she jumped down.

The point of whether she saw Sam or not is irrelevant, because, at that point, she was entirely out of ammunition to shoot him with. She jumped down solely to get more arrows, that is when she spotted Jon.

• Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    valiance wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--lkmLRDs3--/xbvotffbhtigsefsd9a5.gif

I'm also working on a song based off last episode sung to the tune of that one Fabolous song "cuffin season" . Here's a preview

"Them crows keep fightin but I'll fuck em up
    Them crows wall hidin' but I'm climbin up
    Better yet I'll set a fire for the whole winter
    damn it's so cold in the fuckin winter

You was at Castle black all summer
    You was at Mole's town all summer
    Now it's gettin chilly that's the walkers comin
    Hope the wall doesn't fall from em

Whats up thornezilla AKA Crow Hitler
    but he saved the whole place
    he kicked ass, really

Then sam put Gilly in the crow shelter
    Cuz theres a few wildlings that would have so killed her

4 arrows in his back you know Tormund
    This N*gga surrounded and he's still fightin no frontin

(and then it ends with)
    Hibernating for a thousand years tryin to make it Icey
    Summer knights turnin into winter wighties
    "

be kind, it's a work in progress.

Here's the original song for reference:
    If you have any ideas on how to make it better I'd love to hear em.

I don't understand the hip-hop GOT connection but, there's also this:

AVcmrzU.jpg

You should remove the gif from the post you quoted, the OP got infracted for image size.

If I'm reading it right, I think he was infracted for using a no-no word. Though I suppose I could be wrong.

Cause I'm not a mod, just someone who is pretty sure that the gif itself is A-OK.

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Slynt literally murdered a baby (and didn't even ask for an exorbitant sum of money). That is more than enough information for me to have a firm opinion on the man.

So what you're saying is, Slynt wasn't hiding at all!

He was just conserving his energy for when the Wildlings inevitably try to take Castle Black with their ravenous regiment of babies.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--lkmLRDs3--/xbvotffbhtigsefsd9a5.gif

I'm also working on a song based off last episode sung to the tune of that one Fabolous song "cuffin season" . Here's a preview

he kicked ass, really

(and then it ends with)
    "

AVcmrzU.jpg

You should remove the gif from the post you quoted, the OP got infracted for image size.

If I'm reading it right, I think he was infracted for using a no-no word. Though I suppose I could be wrong.

Cause I'm not a mod, just someone who is pretty sure that the gif itself is A-OK.

1.96 MB. It's nearly 4 times the size limit.

• Options

he kicked ass, really

(and then it ends with)
    "

AVcmrzU.jpg

1.96 MB. It's nearly 4 times the size limit.

Woah, really? Crikey.

Well, I'll just hit the ol' dusty trail then...

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    report it and move on then eh

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Slynt literally murdered a baby (and didn't even ask for an exorbitant sum of money). That is more than enough information for me to have a firm opinion on the man.

So what you're saying is, Slynt wasn't hiding at all!

He was just conserving his energy for when the Wildlings inevitably try to take Castle Black with their ravenous regiment of babies.

He was concerned that Gilly's baby was a sleeper agent.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I don't know why he'd go to King's Landing. At this point just go home, no one would give a shit.
    yeah ned stark exiled him

if he just shows up at bear island and takes charge i dont think anybody will care

• Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular

if he just shows up at bear island and takes charge i dont think anybody will care

... Except for all the people on bear island that might not be super happy about having an outlaw slaver try to claim them.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Vic_Hazard wrote: »

... Except for all the people on bear island that might not be super happy about having an outlaw slaver try to claim them.

It's his family that rules Bear Island.

• Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular

... Except for all the bears on bear island that might not be super happy about having an outlaw slaver try to claim them.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    And no reason he needs to tell anyone who he is.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

And why would his family want him back again? His dad didn't exactly back him up and seemed to espouse all that honor shit that slavery is the antithesis to.

Having an outlaw commandeer your house sounds like an awful idea.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Astaereth wrote: »

... Except for all of Tormund's exes on bear island that might not be super happy about having an outlaw slaver try to claim them.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

His estranged family. I think they might resist. Maege Mormont is a ballsy lady.

• Options

And why would his family want him back again?

Some people like their family and would like to see their long-gone brother/uncle/whatever again.

• Options
    And no reason he needs to tell anyone who he is.

If Jeor is anything to go by, the Mormounts are a pretty proud group. You don't just waltz in and say "I'm in charge now." Not after you were rightfully exiled by Ned Fucking Stark of all people.

• Options
    edited June 2014

And why would his family want him back again?

Some people like their family and would like to see their long-gone brother/uncle/whatever again.

I'm sure some of them would love it. And then they wouldn't resist when some man of the law comes over and claims him if they're anything like his dad, they might even imprison/kill him themselves.

And you can say hi to your family without 'taking charge', letting him take charge of the house could be catastrophical and screw the entire island. Other houses aren't exactly keen on dealing with convicted slavers.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    General rule of thumb with monarchies: Current rulers never want previous rulers showing back up.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    What I really liked about this episode was how it made you care about people you despised before.

Probably the most emotional scene for me was Thorne fighting Tormund. Especially because up until that point, the show made you hate Thorne and like Tormund (or at least like him more than you liked Thorne). But almost immediately in that fight, you found yourself doing something you didn't think you would do. You were rooting for Thorne.

Or atleast I was.

It helped that Thorne WASN'T all talk. He's an asshole, but he's PROBABLY an asshole you'd rather have on your side than the other one

I actually like Thorne's little speech to Jon on leadership. He was still a raging asshole, but it gave you a momentary glimpse into this person. He isn't a Janos Slynt, who thus far seems entirely irredeemable. He's a dark, unlikeable character who has spent most of his life training criminals and up-start bastards at an impossible task. He doesn't see Jon Snow as a "main character" like us, he's just another in a long line of up-start bastards who undermine Thorne's leadership. Snow might've been right this time, but Thorne has had to lead, and that means trusting in himself, etc. etc.

It was a compelling moment between the two of them. It wasn't a role reversal like Jaime gets, where I actually start liking the character, but it was a really satisfying glimpse into the humanity of what had previously been a villain and is now one of our hero's companions for the battle.

Edit: And it was exactly what we needed to coax us into rooting for him in the sword fight that followed.

The best part about that speech is that he wasn't an idiot. He knew Jon was right as soon as he saw their forces.

But being a leader, to him, wasn't about that. It's about making a decision, sticking to it, and carrying it out to the best of your ability.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    What I really liked about this episode was how it made you care about people you despised before.

Probably the most emotional scene for me was Thorne fighting Tormund. Especially because up until that point, the show made you hate Thorne and like Tormund (or at least like him more than you liked Thorne). But almost immediately in that fight, you found yourself doing something you didn't think you would do. You were rooting for Thorne.

Or atleast I was.

It helped that Thorne WASN'T all talk. He's an asshole, but he's PROBABLY an asshole you'd rather have on your side than the other one

I actually like Thorne's little speech to Jon on leadership. He was still a raging asshole, but it gave you a momentary glimpse into this person. He isn't a Janos Slynt, who thus far seems entirely irredeemable. He's a dark, unlikeable character who has spent most of his life training criminals and up-start bastards at an impossible task. He doesn't see Jon Snow as a "main character" like us, he's just another in a long line of up-start bastards who undermine Thorne's leadership. Snow might've been right this time, but Thorne has had to lead, and that means trusting in himself, etc. etc.

It was a compelling moment between the two of them. It wasn't a role reversal like Jaime gets, where I actually start liking the character, but it was a really satisfying glimpse into the humanity of what had previously been a villain and is now one of our hero's companions for the battle.

Edit: And it was exactly what we needed to coax us into rooting for him in the sword fight that followed.

The best part about that speech is that he wasn't an idiot. He knew Jon was right as soon as he saw their forces.

But being a leader, to him, wasn't about that. It's about making a decision, sticking to it, and carrying it out to the best of your ability.

God his talk with Jon was great.

"Well, you were right, I was wrong. But I can't think I might be wrong until I see actual proof. That's how you lead, boy. Now let's fucking kill everything so we can go back to hating each other for a good long while."

You got it, Thorne, you got it.

I tell ya, the next scene at The Wall is going to be glorious, because it'll just be everyone shitting on Janos for being a coward.
    Though when he just started babbling in denial about the existence of giants, I was simultaneously frustrated with the man and filled with pity for him. How fucking terrified must someone be, to flat out refuse something directly in front of their eyes like that? I don't think I'd be able to move, if I were that frightened.

• Options
    Docshifty wrote: »

Or atleast I was.

God his talk with Jon was great.

"Well, you were right, I was wrong. But I can't think I might be wrong until I see actual proof. That's how you lead, boy. Now let's fucking kill everything so we can go back to hating each other for a good long while."

You got it, Thorne, you got it.

I saw it also as Thorne saying "You were right, but I'm only going to admit it to you in private and that's because the rest of these twats need strong leadership and I can't run around admitting to everything I get wrong."

That he even took the moment to admit that to Jon speaks to a begrudging respect from Thorne (and even a bit of 'passing on some wisdom'), which just added to his All Star performance in my eyes.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Saw this on geeksaresexy.com. Made me laugh. Thought you might, too.
    spoiled for size
    gotill.jpg

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    spoiled for size
    gotill.jpg

Who's the blonde one by his leg?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    spoiled for size
    gotill.jpg

i think thats viserys

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    spoiled for size
    gotill.jpg

i think thats viserys

Ah, yes, of course. That's not hair.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Sam should be dead and I think its stupid he isn't. When whatsherface super bow and arrow lady shot that other dude next to Sam through the neck, there is no reason for her to just stop, and not shoot Sam as well. But she just did, because Sam. Which I thought was dumb.

I don't know that other dudes name because I watched half of this episode on Mute since most of it was just fighting and nothing important during all of that mess was probably being said other than typical rah rah lets go fight the dudes speeches.

Sam is terrible, which is why he should be dead.

bite your tongue you goddamn monster
    how do 17 people agree with this? How?!

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    it was all set up for Jorah Mormont's majestic return to Westeros, reclaiming claw, kill the white walkers and pimp walk up to Winterfell to see if they want to buy any zombie slaves and then ruling from bear island, or at least riding a bear in his conquest of king's landing. He will be known as the mountain that bears down.

And then he'll go back to Dany

And she still won't be in to him

Sad Bear :'(

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Not a blonde. A golden crown.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    it was all set up for Jorah Mormont's majestic return to Westeros, reclaiming claw, kill the white walkers and pimp walk up to Winterfell to see if they want to buy any zombie slaves and then ruling from bear island, or at least riding a bear in his conquest of king's landing. He will be known as the mountain that bears down.

And then he'll go back to Dany

And she still won't be in to him

Sad Bear :'(

gf7161646.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

because Sam is an outcast nerd who's been underestimated and shamed his whole life by his dick dad (jocks) because he didn't have traditional masculine qualities but is actually a secret badass and his nerdy interests are of great value to his friends and may save the realm of men why do you think

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

Because Sam is awesome and has had amazing growth as a character.

In the first episode we see him, he cries on the ground while someone smacks him with a training sword.

This episode, he made Pyp fall in line, kissed the woman he loves and scored a perfect headshot on a charging cannibal.

You gotta respect a person who leaves the boy behind to become a man.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Same the Slayer, dude. He killed a fookin' white walker

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    More likely Jorah will show up randomly next season in King's Landing only to find that a pardon signed three kings ago is past its sell-by date.

Considering how Jorah talked about Tywin. I don't think that's very likely.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    God how I wish the culture series got a Game of Thrones treatment.. Although it will probably take a few decades for special effects to rise to the level where it can be done in a TV series.

I mean...

0M9aRvgl.jpg

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    There's totally plot armor, it's like when stannis leads the charge at black water and doesn't get hurt and somehow gets away

Like we need to show he's a badass leader and fighter but it would suck for him to actually die like he almost certainly would so wham bam plot armor

I dunno it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's totally a thing

See also: wildlings charging the back gate and all 3 main characters survive

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    More likely Jorah will show up randomly next season in King's Landing only to find that a pardon signed three kings ago is past its sell-by date.

That would be hilarious.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    There's totally plot armor, it's like when stannis leads the charge at black water and doesn't get hurt and somehow gets away

Like we need to show he's a badass leader and fighter but it would suck for him to actually die like he almost certainly would so wham bam plot armor

I dunno it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's totally a thing

See also: wildlings charging the back gate and all 3 main characters survive

That's called narrative.

It's not like major characters don't die a lot, and people never survive dangerous activities in this incredibly dangerous place.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

Jorah's family didn't exile him, Roose wouldn't have exiled him, Ned Stark exiled him because he's the kind of guy that would exile a bannerman for selling a poacher into slavery

They lost a lot of people in the war, I'm sure they'd welcome Jorah's return

This discussion has been closed.