As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I was bummed to remember kittens can't climb stairs

EA devs confirmed as monsters who have never actually had kittens.

Suddenly a great deal about EA/Origin makes sense....

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So I've been strongarmed into a truce with @Big Classy‌ whereby I am strictly forbidden from gifting him at all before January 1, 2015.

This means I need a new "default vent-gifting target" for when I just have to gift right now this very second. Currently taking suggestions and bribes... ;)
    I vote Geth.

@pixelated pixie I was going to say tube, only cause I like it when he drops by, but he isn't in here all the time. And this was posted:
    jclast wrote: »
    So I've been strongarmed into a truce with @Big Classy‌ whereby I am strictly forbidden from gifting him at all before January 1, 2015.

This means I need a new "default vent-gifting target" for when I just have to gift right now this very second. Currently taking suggestions and bribes... ;)

What about @minor incident? He's been sending people computer parts, right?

Oh I vote @minor Incident after what he organized.
    but @corriganx is always fun to type.

Only other big hitter I can think of is @berylline she started last winter sale and never stopped.

edit:
    I started Sims 3 again yesterday - Seasons is pretty awesome. It adds mermaid outfits which is super cool and a bunch of new outdoor activities. Plus, my kitchen is now outfitted with a snocone maker. Oh, and there are Seasons and stuff once you stop playing dollhouse and actually get out of the build/buy modes too.

I was bummed to remember kittens can't climb stairs after building a super kitty fun palace on my 2nd floor...so now I need to reorganize and move the cat room downstairs since my sim's life goal is to take in 6 animals from the shelter and it feels like cats are the easiest choice to do that in terms of maintenance.

I also grabbed the Sims 2 bundle only to find it doesn't seem to have native support for my monitor - so I guess I have to see if there is any way to update that manually. The load times for the Sims 2 Ultimate are really painful though.

On the positive, we're upgrading our internet so next week I go from 10/1 to 30/5 Mbps - does that seem sufficient to start successfully streaming?

@Lindsey Lohan
    For my wife, can you buy sims 3 stuff on sale on steam and use it in the other location? She didn't buy it on steam, as neither of us knew about it's awesomeness.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Okay, this is being taken too seriously. :P I was just having some fun about the truce with @Big Classy‌. I usually try to spread stuff around when I can, and I don't really have a default target (besides @CorriganX ... for reasons).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sims 3 is an odd one for DLC.

Last time I checked you can't buy DLC for the game without owning the base game on Steam. Unfortunately that means if you want to get DLC for it on Steam, you must rebuy the game on Steam. However, the good news is that the expansions packs generally have more frequent and better sales on Origin or Amazon anyways so generally you're not missing much.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I usually do steamgifts just to get it around to everyone.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Okay, this is being taken too seriously. :P I was just having some fun about the truce with @Big Classy‌. I usually try to spread stuff around when I can, and I don't really have a default target (besides @CorriganX ... for reasons).

I find this attack on my person terribly insulting and slanderous. There is no reason I should be focused and singled out over anyone!

(PS. @Berylline told me her Favorite Color is green and green is the natural enemy of pink. Take this info and do with it as you will.)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

I find this attack on my person terribly insulting and slanderous. There is no reason I should be focused and singled out over anyone!

(PS. @Berylline told me her Favorite Color is green and green is the natural enemy of pink. Take this info and do with it as you will.)

Shush you. Don't you have genie tits to go play with or something?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I was playing it earlier! I just didnt feel like trying to find my controller. :( Ive been playing shooters lately and as everyone knows, only heathens and consolescums would play them with controllers, so I've been going hardcore on KBAM. Once I figure out where I put the controller ill find more time for Genietits. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure why I'm being dragged into this (although at least it is only hypothetical). Still, I'd just like to point out the fact that I had less than 100 games in November. Now, I have over 450. I'd guess that less than ten of those are ones that I bought for myself. So, any future gifting efforts would be much better going towards someone else.

Since I'm posting anyway, I'll just give another quick reminder that I'm going to be streaming Among the Sleep this evening, as promised during the charity drive. It'll be around 9 pm Eastern, although I'll post 15-20 minutes before I start.

Edit: Forgot to link my Twitch channel for those that are interested.

Berylline on
  • Options
    Oh - I may have to tune in for that. I'm realizing that I'm not built for playing scary games anymore - I tried Outlast again last night and pretty much immediately went back to the Sims. But watching someone else freak out would probably be fun.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Berylline wrote: »
    I'm not sure why I'm being dragged into this (although at least it is only hypothetical). Still, I'd just like to point out the fact that I had less than 100 games in November. Now, I have over 450. I'd guess that less than ten of those are ones that I bought for myself. So, any future gifting efforts would be much better going towards someone else.

So what you are saying is that you only need about 550 more until you have a 1000 games. Alright. Seems like that is a reasonable winter sale target for us.

Isorn on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Oh - I may have to tune in for that. I'm realizing that I'm not built for playing scary games anymore - I tried Outlast again last night and pretty much immediately went back to the Sims. But watching someone else freak out would probably be fun.

Playing one of the first Bio Shocks, loaded for bear, my wife in the room, and I actually utter aloud while walking down a corridor, "come at me bro" in a mock tone. And then right ahead a ball rolled out from around a corner.

That ball never knew what hit it.

My wife laughed (like harder than I thought was needed) and said, "well you sure showed that beachball, dear."

Lesson Learned:
    talk tough all you want, the minute the game designers put in a jump scare you're still going to find yourself in fight or flight mode.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Says the lady who signal handedly started a new event, pixageton. That wasn't even during a sale... Just saying. Why wouldn't I take you serious? I had to hide in my bunker for that one.

Last time I checked you can't buy DLC for the game without owning the base game on Steam. Unfortunately that means if you want to get DLC for it on Steam, you must rebuy the game on Steam. However, the good news is that the expansions packs generally have more frequent and better sales on Origin or Amazon anyways so generally you're not missing much.

Ok, I don't know how much Mrs. Alure is even playing it, but thought I would ask. She got spore as a present and is enjoying that. I don't understand, but she played it as a kid.

DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Been playing a good amount of Divinity Original Sin the past few days. Had a false start, went back to the drawing board on my starting characters. But cooking through now. Up to level 7 and kicking some ghost pirates, crab people, and orcs around. Spiffy game. I need to set aside some time for the latest Walking Dead episode also. Other than that, adopted a new cat. Having to keep her isolated at the moment till she works some of the shelter crud out of her system. Don't want to spread it around to the others.

I might have to start over as well. I have no idea what I'm doing. It's fun though!

• Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    So, for my edification how exactly would one play games with the PS3 controller? What software or other arcane methods are used?

I am assisting my brother in setting up a Steam account and getting into the (master race) of gaming, but he'd really like to use his existing controller if possible.
    @Kalnaur - Just throwing in my vote for XInputWrapper as suggested by DaxterMax. Don't listen to Royce's evil google results of Motioninjoy! (sorry Royce)

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    CorriganX wrote: »

Shush you. Don't you have genie tits to go play with or something?

How integral are genie tits to the plot? Because I mean, it's already supposed to be a Metroidvania . . .

Edit: I am kidding, by the way. I mean it's like an E 10+ game, I'm more wondering why exactly we're focusing on the cartoon boobs . . .

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Ok, I don't know how much Mrs. Alure is even playing it, but thought I would ask. She got spore as a present and is enjoying that. I don't understand, but she played it as a kid.

Yeah - it's pretty weird.

You can buy Sims 3 and expansions in Origin but they don't register in Steam. You can buy Sims 3 and expansions on Amazon and they register in Origin but not Steam - and you don't need to have the original through Amazon. You can buy Sims 3 and expansions in Steam AND they will have key codes allowing you to register them in Origin, but you can't buy expansions without owning the base game.

You might be able to find a Steam code super cheap though - it was in a Humble Bundle last year...that's how I got one for my niece since we had bought it for her in Origin originally forgetting about that Steam DLC limitation.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Spec Ops: The Line.

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:
    Just saw the result of my WP attack on an army (give or take). As soon as I saw that collection of heat signatures, I knew I was in for something bad. I wasn't quite prepared for that.

Time to press on ... I guess.

• Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »

Yeah - it's pretty weird.

You can buy Sims 3 and expansions in Origin but they don't register in Steam. You can buy Sims 3 and expansions on Amazon and they register in Origin but not Steam - and you don't need to have the original through Amazon. You can buy Sims 3 and expansions in Steam AND they will have key codes allowing you to register them in Origin, but you can't buy expansions without owning the base game.

You might be able to find a Steam code super cheap though - it was in a Humble Bundle last year...that's how I got one for my niece since we had bought it for her in Origin originally forgetting about that Steam DLC limitation.

Thanks for the info, I think I will keep to trolling amazon for her for expansions. I figured with 4 out, 3 stuff might go on sale.
    Side note:
    rare siting of Doggy Alure performing tricks "Sit Pretty" for Mrs. Alure
    Doggy%20Alure.jpg?psid=1

back to steam, I downloaded that GTR free game (after making fake Facebook and deleting it) and wow, that game looks nice. Practice laps, 30 minutes of setting lap time. It has arcade section, but real race section looks legit.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

I clearly recall an event where a war was starting between Pixie and Bery. Of course, cooler heads prevailed unfortunately and both parties backed from each other. The other went on to gift the shit out of everyone for the next week. CoercingRecruiting help along the way.

Edit: Going back and rereading pixiegeddon time was fantastic.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:
    Just saw the result of my WP attack on an army (give or take). As soon as I saw that collection of heat signatures, I knew I was in for something bad. I wasn't quite prepared for that.

Can someone totally spoil spec ops: the line for me? I don't ever plan on playing it and I'm wondering what the fuss is about.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:

Can someone totally spoil spec ops: the line for me? I don't ever plan on playing it and I'm wondering what the fuss is about.
    You should totally play it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Right. Work's over. Cats are fed. I'm fed (breakfast of cereal at 6pm counts right?) I have an abundance of coffee and my trusty Aperture Laboratories mug.

See you all on the other side of Gods Will Be Watching.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    Radiation wrote: »

I clearly recall an event where a war was starting between Pixie and Bery. Of course, cooler heads prevailed unfortunately and both parties backed from each other. The other went on to gift the shit out of everyone for the next week. CoercingRecruiting help along the way.

Edit: Going back and rereading pixiegeddon time was fantastic.

Ah the good times. On that note, I forgot to post this picture for the event. I made it, and forgot. @&quot;"Pixelated Pixie"‌
    Pixnie%20-%20Corn.jpg?psid=1

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    While trying to help my son get a remote control car working I heard a man rocket jump away, leaving behind a crunchy looking game gift of Magicite! I swear it looked like @Talus but all I could find was a calling card with a pixie on it.

• Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Alright daytime thread heads, hop on. I know basically everybody in this thread likes shooting imaginary guys in the balls with sniper rifles. About a day left on this.
    TreadLife wrote: »
    Steam thread generosity begets things:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Speaking of Spec Ops: The Line, and seeing that Dead Island is the daily, apparently Yager is developing Dead Island 2 (though I thought DI: Riptide was 2, but who cares for logical numbering games anymore?, Glaring at you Assassin's Creed).

DI left me feeling pretty gross by the end, and then of course Spec Ops. I kinda think I'm gonna pass on DI2. If I wanted self loathing and zombies, I'd play Walking Dead.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    New weekly Humble Bundle, Plug In Digital: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

1$
    Ethan: Meteor Hunter
    Finding Teddy
    Mechanic Escape

6$
    Legends of Persia
    Kill The Bad Guy
    Freaking Meatbags (Early Access)
    Project Temporality

10$
    WRC 4 FIA World Rally Championship

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Jesus tapdancing Christ is this game hard.

Playing Gods Will Be Watching on 'original' difficulty, and let me tell you, "You will fail a lot" is a goddamned understatement.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    I met some Devolver dudes at PAX East, and the guys who made Always Sometimes Monsters and Gods Will Be Watching. They seemed like cool dudes in the Giant Bomb panel line, so you should do what I cannot right now and support their games if you can afford to do so!

1. Enter
    2a. Win!
    2b. Have an hour left to grab a copy pre-release.

signature.png

EDIT: Boom! A winner is @DHS Odium‌!

Awesome, thanks! I look forward to making horrible choices for the greater good.

hotfuzzgreatergood.jpg

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:

It's an experience, not a singular plot twist that can really be spoiled. Although, there is a big twist or two, but being told those without experiencing the rest of the game is kind of worthless.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:

It's an experience, not a singular plot twist that can really be spoiled. Although, there is a big twist or two, but being told those without experiencing the rest of the game is kind of worthless.

Yeah - the best bet for someone that really wants to be spoiled on the game is probably just to read the wiki entry on it. It gives complete plot, ending info, etc. I personally am terrible at the genre and usually don't play military games, but I loved Spec Ops and highly recommended playing it for yourself because I think part of what makes the plot effective is your hand in the events that unfold.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Starting up Arkham Origins today now that I actually beat a game for a change. I played the previous Arkham games on my 360 but put off getting Origins because it wasn't by the original development team. But for the pocket change it was going for on the Steam sale I figured, why not?

First of all, the benchmark showed me that while my machine is better than my old one, it's got a long way to go to be really beastly.

Second of all, although it's just starting, the game just doesn't "feel" as well put-together as the previous entries to the series... the plot has just kind of arbitrarily decided that this is why all these villains are in town today, okay? But maybe it'll get more cohesive as I continue, only an hour or two in so far. The less-experienced Batman angle is working so far, though - he doesn't have anyone but Alfred to talk to and hasn't developed his dry humor yet.

Thirdly: Damn it feels good to be Batman. Been so long since I played but the combat is all coming back to me.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Okay, this is being taken too seriously. :P I was just having some fun about the truce with Big Classy"‌. I usually try to spread stuff around when I can, and I don't really have a default target (besides @CorriganX ... for reasons).

Serious or not, Spoit's always a good target. And, what were the conditions of this truce? If someone were to violate it, under what circumstances would it be your fault?

Just for clarification

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options

Jesus Christ.

Huge spoiler:

Here, check out this Let's Play of the game if you want to get spoiled on it. Next best thing to playing it is watching it, since it's an experience and I don't particularly think not doing the shooting yourself detracts from it.

6YAcQE8.png
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Guys everyone go buy Darkwood.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I also have Thief Gold available. It isn't on the steamgifts list so send me a PM if you want that one.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Shogun wrote: »
    Guys everyone go buy Darkwood.

I dunno about Darkwood but this Frayed Knights game that popped up on the store today looks pretty amazing!

A nice fat, 69-page manual? An item called "Quarterstaff of Nad-whacking?" Stats-heavy turn-based RPG?

Yes please!

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    A good depiction of the people attempting to avoid the gifting wars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmMJntSfQI

This discussion has been closed.