As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Holy cow this 2K sale is the real deal

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Luftrausers hit $2.50 over at Gamersgate (steamworks) which kicks it into my "can't think of a reason not to buy" price range.

Luftrausers is pretty fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Man, Invisible Inc. kicks my ass repeatedly.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    @berylline and others who played InFlux, I thought you might find this interesting.

The person who made InFlux is a fellow PAer and just for fun, he has been converting some of the levels over to the UE4 engine just to see how it looks and posting some of the results in the Game Development Thread

I haven't played it yet but by the sounds of it, the visuals are pretty improved.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Luftrausers hit $2.50 over at Gamersgate (steamworks) which kicks it into my "can't think of a reason not to buy" price range.

Luftrausers is great. Hard as hell too.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Dishonored GOTY for $7.49 on GMG.

Don't forget code z4364w-7mr5wa-n5bcoo to make it $6 !!!

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Man, Invisible Inc. kicks my ass repeatedly.

I say this and then manage to flawlessly loot a corporations vault for a grands worth of stuff.

Well I say flawlessly, some guards might have a few taser marks. Mostly flawless.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Apparently my FPS skills have deteriorated so much that the only skill I have left is "run and shoot like a crazy person". I might be useful as a bullet sponge Friday...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Apparently my FPS skills have deteriorated so much that the only skill I have left is "run and shoot like a crazy person". I might be useful as a bullet sponge Friday...

So, grab a MAX? :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Man, the newest Humble Bundle is badass. There is not a game in that list that isn't great. A pity I have all of them except King of Fighters already - and I'm still considering getting KoF anyway for nostalgia's sake. I love fighting games.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

"Run and shoot like a crazy person" is kinda my go to move.

I ended up creating a tank class in MW2 and playing domination. Riot shield, shotgun, unlimited sprint, blast damage reduction, smoke, c4.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    "Run and shoot like a crazy person" is kinda my go to move
    "Run and take shoots like a crazy person" ends up being mine most of the time.

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    "Run and shoot like a crazy person" is kinda my go to move
    "Run and take shoots like a crazy person" ends up being mine most of the time.
    Well, yeah, there's plenty of that too.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Anyone still need Terraria?

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    6 hrs left on this:
    Svevin wrote: »
    signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    I used to be a decent galaxy pilot in Planetside and did a bit in Planetside 2. Figured I should get in some practice before Friday.

Err...welll....let's just say I think I'll stick to ground vehicles. Almost have the certs for AMS upgrade for Sunderer so I'll be happy to do that.

I was thinking of signing in and getting the Sundie spawn point upgrade my own self. I know I have the Certs, it's just a matter of not playing Borderlands some more.

Yes, I'm still playing that. I have 2 more extra quests in Knoxx to do, and then it's on to the Claptrap DLC. I have not beaten Moxxi's DLC stuff, nor Crawmerax; I'm going to wait for them to re-implement the co-op feature before trying to tackle those.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    Drake wrote: »
    I remember leaving the computer on all night, connected tenuously to the internet by my smoking hot 56k modem so I could download the Quake demo, which was a whopping 20Mb file. Imagine my sorrow when I found out the connection had dropped and I had to start over again. This is what led me to learn of Getright.

Dark times.

Holy shit, Getright. Now that brings back memories!

Simultaneous split downloads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfMrVKnGzwg

Thinking about this, it's somewhat frighting that there are probably people out there now a days that if you mentioned alta vista or netscape, wouldn't know what you were talking about.

Well obviously they aren't part of the techno-set.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I used to be a decent galaxy pilot in Planetside and did a bit in Planetside 2. Figured I should get in some practice before Friday.

Err...welll....let's just say I think I'll stick to ground vehicles. Almost have the certs for AMS upgrade for Sunderer so I'll be happy to do that.

I was thinking of signing in and getting the Sundie spawn point upgrade my own self. I know I have the Certs, it's just a matter of not playing Borderlands some more.

Yes, I'm still playing that. I have 2 more extra quests in Knoxx to do, and then it's on to the Claptrap DLC. I have not beaten Moxxi's DLC stuff, nor Crawmerax; I'm going to wait for them to re-implement the co-op feature before trying to tackle those.

Crawmerax is boring, and my biggest problem with Moxxi's was that you didn't get any experience (nor any weapon proficiency points I think) from doing it. The waves of bad guys in an arena is fun, though, especially with friends. Dr. Ned's DLC was fun, Knoxx was terrific, and Claptrap was fun but not really well balanced.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular

I've got a spawn-point Sundie upgraded, and added a little bling to it from Station points left over from a 3x deal around the time PS2 released. If we get enough players Friday night, we can have a Sundie caravan.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Visskar wrote: »

I've got a spawn-point Sundie upgraded, and added a little bling to it from Station points left over from a 3x deal around the time PS2 released. If we get enough players Friday night, we can have a Sundie caravan.

Got me the Galaxy Stealth and Flare certs, so I might be able to give useful lifts. Hope I can get the Medic cert for healing inside vehicles in time for friday.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular

Knoxx is the bestest. Claptrap and Dr. Ned were decent in my opinion, they got kinda tiresome after awhile. I didn't care for Moxxi at all and never completed it. My FPS skills suck so I had to do the ledge glitch to kill Crawmerax. I was feeling a little guilty at first for cheating but once I saw the loot shower I felt better. :)

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    First console for me was the Magnavox Odyssey 2, that my grandparents purchased. odyssey2.jpg

I spent a lot of time over at their house playing games against my little brothers, and playing baseball against my grandmother.

First computer was the VTech Laser 128k. Yes, the 128k stood for the amount of onboard memory. It has a built in 5.25" floppy drive, and was compatible with the Apple IIe. My grandfather bought two of them for his publishing business, and when I wasn't updating addresses for his subscribers on them, I used them to play Dig-Dug, a flight-sim, and started learning to program in BASIC.
    IMG_4076.jpg

First PC, also purchased by my grandfather for his publishing business, was a Compaq 386/20, with 2mb of RAM, that ran DOS 3.1. I added a dedicated joystick card to it, attached a Gravis Joystick, learned the voodoo magic of boot disks and ways to access more than that base 640k of memory, and played Wing Commander, A-10 Tank Killer, Commander Keen, and Wolfenstein 3D. tdo-1794.jpg

First PC that I finally bought for myself, was a Pentium 200 (with MMX!), 16mb of RAM, and a massive 2gb hard drive running Windows 95. That baby got me through college, and my first couple years of work, married life, and general adulthood before being retired for a top-end Falcon Northwest rig that got another 8 years of heavy use.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Drovek wrote: »
    Visskar wrote: »

Got me the Galaxy Stealth and Flare certs, so I might be able to give useful lifts. Hope I can get the Medic cert for healing inside vehicles in time for friday.

FYI - that's kind of a useless ability (the medic one). It's far, far faster and better to just use your medigun or your AoE heal before you get in the car and drive.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm all about useless ability in those kinds of games. Why else do you think I grab vehicles?

I am Thelma, you are Louise, let's see what's over this cliff.

• Options
    PA Dallas wrote: »

Knoxx is the bestest. Claptrap and Dr. Ned were decent in my opinion, they got kinda tiresome after awhile. I didn't care for Moxxi at all and never completed it. My FPS skills suck so I had to do the ledge glitch to kill Crawmerax. I was feeling a little guilty at first for cheating but once I saw the loot shower I felt better. :)

I think my biggest kvetch with any of the DLC is no fast travel. I find shooting through the same areas again and again to run back and forth and get all the quests done kind of rote after a while, and the thing that saved the base game from that was the fast travel. I mean yes, the shooting and the guns are fun, but after being through certain areas for the tenth time, it gets really fuckin' old. Especially on the open air corridor that is the roadway.

I'm going to beat all the quests that I can solo, and then count it done until they fix multi.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    The Odyssey 2 was my first console as well. KC Munchkin, Moneyshines, and Pick Axe Pete were the most played in the house. My cousin had The Voice and the Quest for the Rings which was amazingly cool as well.

My first x86 PC (meaning not my C64) was a 386-25sx with a 40 mb harddrive.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    So I finally caved and upgraded my Elite: Dangerous purchase to access the beta. I'd tried to be strong but it just became too much. After all, it was the game that made me buy my new PC and rejoin the master race.

And it IS definitely still a beta, to be fair. As polished as it looks and plays in many aspects, there is still jank. But sweet zombie Jesus if it isn't everything I'd hoped it would be. I'm pretty sure the finished game will consume my life.

And it plays nice with a 360 controller. Just as well as a flightstick isn't in the cards at the moment, and I was struggling with its KBAM setup.

I really hope Frontier see fit to put it on Steam when it's done. It deserves the exposure it'd get. Not like it's under-exposed at the moment anyway, but you know what I mean.

• Options
    For me, my first family PC was a 286. I have fond memories of finding my dad's strip poker disk and learning how to play poker on an EGA monitor.

While my first console was an NES, I will always remember my neighbours having a Vectrex
    url4.jpeg

Seems completely crazy now but it had vector graphics which still seem very unique. I think there was actually something different about the built-in display. The other highlight of the system was the colored acetate films that came with games to make it "colour" or to actually have level design (that's what the things on the right of the picture are. Just plastic sheets that you stick to the screen).

steam_sig.png

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I think my biggest kvetch with any of the DLC is no fast travel. I find shooting through the same areas again and again to run back and forth and get all the quests done kind of rote after a while, and the thing that saved the base game from that was the fast travel. I mean yes, the shooting and the guns are fun, but after being through certain areas for the tenth time, it gets really fuckin' old. Especially on the open air corridor that is the roadway.

I'm going to beat all the quests that I can solo, and then count it done until they fix multi.

I minded it in Dr. Ned and Claptrap, but Knoxx is so vehicle-focused that it didn't bug me. Also, that truck with homing rockets is the best, and I wish I could drive it everywhere.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Which server are we gonna be on for friday's planetside event again? I have completely forgotten all the information.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I think Valve has lost track of what counts as weekend. Someone should let them know that it does most certainly not include wednesdays.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    For me, my first family PC was a 286. I have fond memories of finding my dad's strip poker disk and learning how to play poker on an EGA monitor.

While my first console was an NES, I will always remember my neighbours having a Vectrex
    url4.jpeg

Seems completely crazy now but it had vector graphics which still seem very unique. I think there was actually something different about the built-in display. The other highlight of the system was the colored acetate films that came with games to make it "colour" or to actually have level design (that's what the things on the right of the picture are. Just plastic sheets that you stick to the screen).

I briefly had a Vectrex. My dad found one on the markets in the '90s and gave it to me. I made the mistake of trading it to a friend a couple of years later, I can't even remember what for, and subsequently (unrelatedly) fell out with him, so I never saw it again.

Awesome machine - that vector monitor was the only one of its kind, I think, to ever make it into a home system. Definitely a unique and special machine, with some great games too.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    I'm sure this isn't intentional but Stronghold Crusader 2 Special Edition Pre-Order is 60% off right now.

So uh...get it while it's hot?

Can anyone comment on whether it should be a good game? I never played the first.

EDIT: Fuck it, bought it. The special edition comes with Stronghold Crusaders HD, which seems to have really good user reviews and a high user metacritic. I'll find out for myself.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited August 2014
    So who's going to make a Gaming Days Of Yore thread?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Money is tight but I honestly spend most of my day reading this thread and it pretty much always makes me feel good so I wanted to give back a bit on my birthday. Thank you all for making this one of the strangest, most awesome little corners of the internet. Your generosity and reasonableness are one of the reasons I keep coming back to this day in and day out.

One of the most wishlisted items of my friends list:

signature.png

End on August 22 at 1:30 EDT

Open to to G&T Adventure Team.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    jclast wrote: »

I minded it in Dr. Ned and Claptrap, but Knoxx is so vehicle-focused that it didn't bug me. Also, that truck with homing rockets is the best, and I wish I could drive it everywhere.

I didn't so much enjoy the vehicle stuff in the base game, what little there was.

Though yes, I do love the Monster.

And I think what bothers me the most is when they'll unblock the north road so you can drive through for some quests, then shut it back off for others, so you never knew if you'd have to jog through the shooting gallery again or if you could just blow right through it.

I think my favorite parts are camps with small amounts of cover or really tight hallways where SMGs and Shotguns are useful. In fact, the Lockdown Palace is one of my favorite places just for that reason.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Heh, everything in the 2K sale is green, except Enemy Within. I'll wait for its daily.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Heh, everything in the 2K sale is green, except Enemy Within. I'll wait for its daily.

Just missing Brave New World here. :P

Maybe I'll pick the DLC missions I'm missing come Borderlands day.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    jclast wrote: »

I didn't so much enjoy the vehicle stuff in the base game, what little there was.

Though yes, I do love the Monster.

And I think what bothers me the most is when they'll unblock the north road so you can drive through for some quests, then shut it back off for others, so you never knew if you'd have to jog through the shooting gallery again or if you could just blow right through it.

I think my favorite parts are camps with small amounts of cover or really tight hallways where SMGs and Shotguns are useful. In fact, the Lockdown Palace is one of my favorite places just for that reason.

I hate the road block. Especially when I was working on Circle of Duty.
    I just started minimizing my game when I want playing instead of existing and having to travel back. I should have installed the fast travel mood for Knoxxx

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    Asharad wrote: »
    My first computer was a Commodore 64.

It is still my favorite piece of hardware, ever.

Mine too. Not to encourage piracy, but I think the statute of limitations has passed on this one...One of my favorite memories was the year I got my 1541 disk drive for Christmas - my dad had all his Navy buddies copy games for me. I opened a box of like 100+ floppies, many of which just said "Games" or had no label at all. I spent weeks going through them and finding gems.

I had absolutely the exact same experience, except it was my uncle who gave me the box full of floppy disks and not your dad's Navy buddies.

Although if it had been the latter, that would have been pretty awesome, cousin Lindsey.

• Options
    Money is tight but I honestly spend most of my day reading this thread and it pretty much always makes me feel good so I wanted to give back a bit on my birthday. Thank you all for making this one of the strangest, most awesome little corners of the internet. Your generosity and reasonableness are one of the reasons I keep coming back to this day in and day out.

One of the most wishlisted items of my friends list:

signature.png

End on August 22 at 1:30 EDT

Open to to G&T Adventure Team.

Oh yeah. In addition, here is a code for Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Loading...?

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.