As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey you, I saw that. Put it back! [Kids]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    He likes beer, or at least says he does. I was making a joke. I'll give him a sip of my beer. It isn't going to hurt him.

You let him have a sip of beer, next thing you know he's gonna want some of your heroin, your meth, your PCP...

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    He likes beer, or at least says he does. I was making a joke. I'll give him a sip of my beer. It isn't going to hurt him.

You let him have a sip of beer, next thing you know he's gonna want some of your heroin, your meth, your PCP...

He's got to learn sometime. I'd rather him experiment with drugs when I'm around then alone in a ditch with some hippy!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Fuselage wrote: »
    @DaMoonRulz has some nephews that love to share.

v86p1c5h61bm.jpg

Putting fingers in mouths is kind of a genetic trait
    11043054_10205203552141256_8386207365421795947_n.jpg?oh=42a78a652ef01ce7944fb84f1b7232c5&oe=5578D067&__gda__=1435192019_47720bd73defc74cdc0e84016cb4e925

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    DIE, JOKER! I WILL DESTROY YOU!
    ip2min95mgqa.jpg

Oh. Hello.
    ree1lopr65uj.jpg

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    My 4 year old just covered the bathroom floor in vomit.

I just sat him in the tub as i wiped it up. Poor guy. He just goes 'i had to puke a whole bunch, daddy'

A bit of water in and a bucket next to his bed. I hope it's the one and only puke of the nite. :/

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    My 4 year old just covered the bathroom floor in vomit.

I just sat him in the tub as i wiped it up. Poor guy. He just goes 'i had to puke a whole bunch, daddy'

A bit of water in and a bucket next to his bed. I hope it's the one and only puke of the nite. :/

Fortunately kids seem able to shake off getting sick really really.

At least mine do.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I think it was a 'too much chocolate milk and candy with grandpa' type of thing sleeping peacefully now. Ahhh

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    So my sister-in-law has been having Braxton hicks contractions for a couple weeks, increasing in frequency as she nears the end of her term.

At least, that was the theory up until yesterday. Now the medical opinion is that she's moved into the early stages of a slow labour. Like, so slow my brother went to work today because the show isn't going to really get going until maybe tomorrow or the day after... possibly.

Still, potential exist for me to be an uncle again by the end of the week. Going to get my first nephew.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    My little girl loves this one book we got for her: The numberlys. It's a great alphabet/numbers book, the drawing is really nice, and I think she likes the fact that we read a book sideways, too.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Okay, we're back to 'not in labour'. Damned baby doesn't know what it's doing.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Bah. I've managed to get into a bit of drama with the in-laws. The mother in-law has a dog. A little west highland terrier. The dog is ok, but completely untrained and a little high strung. The other day, the sister in-law was visiting the mother in-law with her children. Apparently the dog didn't like one of the kids trying to hug his grandma and bit hard enough to draw blood. After I heard about this, my wife and I talked about it and we asked her mother to just have the dog in it's kennel when we're visiting with our very grabby 9 month old son. The mother in-law shot that down right away and now we're in a bit of an impasse. I'm standing firm on not wanting to visit when her dog is uncontrolled and has a history of biting. I don't think we're making an unreasonable demand, but the mother in-law is pretty mad about this. My wife thinks we might be able to keep an eye on our son when we visit but I really don't want to risk it.

Bah.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Get her a gift card for a dog training school for her next birthday. Or just right now.

And I don't think you're unreasonable there.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's not an unreasonable request at all.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Blew my mind this morning when I realized that I was quizzing my eldest on spelling this morning. It seemed just like yesterday she was a preschooler now I'm asking her to spell "little" and "people" at the breakfast table.

Meanwhile Lily, my youngest, just moved up to the preschool room at her daycare this morning and was totally fine with it. (Of course the french toast sticks they were offering helped.)

They grow up so fast!!!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Your mother-in-law will bend if she cares about seeing her grandkid. If she's worried more about her dog running free than your concern over your baby's safety when the dog has a history of biting kids, she's just being a jerk. I wouldn't back off your demand.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Just let your mother in law know that if her dog bites your kid, you will report it to the council as a violent animal and they will come and shoot it.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    It helps if you're a douchebag like me, though.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I say if you're wife is with you to just not go over there. If she wants to see her grandkid she can come visit you guys without the dog.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    hell, it doesn't even have to be in a crate!

any room with a door or just putting it outside will work

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My parents have to sequester their crabby old cat when we go to visit them, it shouldn't be a big deal for your MIL to do the same.

• Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    God, Taz is just growing up so far. He's getting pretty close to joining words into sentences (this morning he pointed at Erica and said 'Mummy .... teeth' as she was brushing her teeth, though I prompted him with 'what's Mummy doing?' in between), and he's just showing such good comprehension.

Also, this cuteness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsOwjkx6yNI

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Bah. I've managed to get into a bit of drama with the in-laws. The mother in-law has a dog. A little west highland terrier. The dog is ok, but completely untrained and a little high strung. The other day, the sister in-law was visiting the mother in-law with her children. Apparently the dog didn't like one of the kids trying to hug his grandma and bit hard enough to draw blood. After I heard about this, my wife and I talked about it and we asked her mother to just have the dog in it's kennel when we're visiting with our very grabby 9 month old son. The mother in-law shot that down right away and now we're in a bit of an impasse. I'm standing firm on not wanting to visit when her dog is uncontrolled and has a history of biting. I don't think we're making an unreasonable demand, but the mother in-law is pretty mad about this. My wife thinks we might be able to keep an eye on our son when we visit but I really don't want to risk it.

Bah.
    We had this exact same thing happen with my step mother. I told her that she had two choices: cage the dog, or accept that I'd stomp on it until it stopped twitching if it attacked one of my kids.

• Options
    As someone who knows a person who encountered an excited terrier as a toddler, caging a dog is temporary. Facial scars are a lifetime.

• Options
    Although actually I came in here to say it turns out it was labour again, for real this time.

Hey, I have a nephew!

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    We're having a girl!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    We're having a girl!

I can tell you based on the empirical evidence of having a boy and a girl that girls never cry and will sleep in their crib and are super easy while boys are super needy and cry if you aren't holding them so congratulations

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Nights Henry slept in his crib:

Z
    E
    R
    O

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    We're having a girl!

I can tell you based on the empirical evidence of having a boy and a girl that girls never cry and will sleep in their crib and are super easy while boys are super needy and cry if you aren't holding them so congratulations

I want to believe this

So I do!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The year I met Scott my MIL's cat VERY nearly took his eye out.

They can just lock that cat right the fuck up when my son is there and if they don't like it we will turn around and go home.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    My wife and I are vaguely worried about our son. He bumps his head so much. He even has a couple of bruises. He just wants to get into everything! We walk away for 10 seconds, he's climbed to stand up next to the couch, the next moment, he falls against the wall. Or on a toy. Or whatever. I just worry that he's hurting himself too much, but I can't bubblewrap him.

• Options
    he's ok =)

all kids do it!

repeatedly!

that and cramming the dumbest stuff into their mouths .... and ears .... and noses ....

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We're having a girl!

And I can tell you based on evidence of having a girl that girls cry all the time and never like sleeping in their crib or by themselves most of the time

CONTROVERSY

(also congratulations!!!)

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    My wife and I are vaguely worried about our son. He bumps his head so much. He even has a couple of bruises. He just wants to get into everything! We walk away for 10 seconds, he's climbed to stand up next to the couch, the next moment, he falls against the wall. Or on a toy. Or whatever. I just worry that he's hurting himself too much, but I can't bubblewrap him.

I was a walking bruise until about the age 23. He'll be fine. :+1:

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    How do you ya'll manage your own sanity when dealing with night tantrums?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    How do you ya'll manage your own sanity when dealing with night tantrums?

let em cry it out

odds are they're over tired anyway (which never made any sense to me, but boy is it true) and will crash fairly quickly.

as long as they're not hungry, sick, or need to be changed, they're fine

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    A week or two ago Miles crossed some kind of threshold and now temper tantrums. Over pretty much anything, whenever.

He's not talking yet, so I have no idea why he's upset and it's a mystery. Sometimes he'll point at something I definitely have no intention of giving him

I'm ready for this phase to end now.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Though she's been great since birth, we had one week where Alex just threw a fit over seemingly nothing at all, all the time, out of the blue.

Turns out she started getting her rear molars in all at once, poor kid.

• Options
    I appreciate the comfort - our girl never had these kinds of bruises or this desire to constantly whack her head on everything. Dunno if it's because our 2nd is a boy, or if he just wants to follow his big sister, or what. Just...yeah.

Other than that things are going pretty swimmingly :D

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    We're having a girl!

I want to believe this

So I do!

Don't believe that hype. =P I have 2 daughters, one 21 months old, one 5 weeks, and while the 5 week old has a good temperament so far, the 21 month old has been a firecracker from the start. She once screamed for 20 minutes straight when she was about 8 weeks old before I realized she just wanted me to remove her tiny socks. Never let us swaddle her, and to this day she will have a crying meltdown if she is tired and wants to nurse and my wife has to make her wait 30 seconds.

She is adorable though, and the most fun in the world, so there's that at least. =)

This discussion has been closed.