As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey you, I saw that. Put it back! [Kids]

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Morgan turns 5 today which is astounding.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anya likes to fistbump. Moreover, she likes to fistbump and blow it up.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Badaladaladala

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    In my house, we call that the 'Nonu'.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Leah's first prescription medication is happening tonight. She ran a fever the last few days and today it spiked up to the point that I took her to the doctor. An ear infection. Glad it's not anything more serious, but sad her record of not having prescription medicine (not including vaccines of course because she has all those I will assure you) is now broken. A bit over 14 months is a pretty good run.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So lately my nephew has taken to walking around carrying a bible and a toy gun like some sort of personification of a Tom Waits song.

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I am happy that the baby sleeps rather well through the night the majority of the time. I just wish she understood weekends already. My husband said he'd wake up with her this morning, since I usually do and have been rather tired. That. .. didn't happen.
    So sleepy.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i have, and this is a stone cold fact, not once slept in when I wasn't sick or it wasn't my birthday/father's day. it's always been my thing to get up with the kids.

• Options
    Me: Anya, this is Minecraft.
    Anya: Mommy, where is YOUR craft?

• Options
    German puns already?

:cry: they grow up so fast

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    going to belgium to babysit my cousins twin girls and their toddler sister next week

can't believe they are 7 already shits crazy

they are so tall and goofy and i love them forever

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

If you high five Freddie he'll then go around the room high fiving everyone until he's made his way back to you. It's hilarious.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Me: Anya, this is Minecraft.
    Anya: Mommy, where is YOUR craft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uY79zQeak

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Were having a girl!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Morgan is 5 now. He can have a sip of my beer, right?

• Options

No.

Get that kid some shots!

• Options

No.

Get that kid some shots!

http://youtu.be/XNtTEibFvlQ

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    SHoutout to all you infant/toddler havers who are dealing with DST issuuuuueeeees.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

I think he should be good for a whole beer by now. With his body weight how will he get a good buzz off a sip?

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Also, chances of him liking beer are tiny, so it's not as if he's going to be drinking much of it.

• Options
    He likes beer, or at least says he does. I was making a joke. I'll give him a sip of my beer. It isn't going to hurt him.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    He likes beer, or at least says he does. I was making a joke. I'll give him a sip of my beer. It isn't going to hurt him.

I've heard tales of parenting forums where even posting that would get you banned the instant a mod saw it. But not before the pages and pages of replies calling you every possible name under the sun.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i think i was about that age when i had my first sip of beer.

it was so gross and i spat it out immediately.

Didn't touch another glass/sip of beer until well into Uni.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Along those lines, my son loves coffee and sometimes I feel bad when we're out and he steals some of mine. We'll occasionally (like every 2 weeks or so) let him get his own small iced coffee or have a mug at home and figure compared to kids that get soda on a regular basis, we're ok. But it's still pretty awkward to see other parents look at us when he takes a big swig of my Dunkin when we're out in public. He also like Moxie as a treat, so I think he just likes bitter stuff.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    SHoutout to all you infant/toddler havers who are dealing with DST issuuuuueeeees.

we put henry to bed at 6:30, he was like what is going on and I was like GO TO BED

• Options
    edited March 2015

Let me take you to a time, only as far as a hundred years ago, where the only thing you would give your kids to drink in America was hard cider or beer. Because it was safer than water.

People think of the prohibition as this crazy law, but it was in fact reasonably necessary because we had for decades raised generations of alcoholics and it had reached epidemic levels. The law came in, coke/soft drinks replaced them, water became safer to drink, and then by the time the law was repealed the matter had taken care of itself.

Langly on
  • Options
    I'd rather give my kids a sip of beer then let them drink soda all of the time.

My kids mostly drink water.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Well now you are just unamerican.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I think its fine to let kids try a sip of beer or wine, 90% of the time they'll hate it, but at least you're going "hey this is a thing grown ups drink sometimes" rather than not acknowledging it. But I'm not a parent soooo.

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    That's what we did -- I think both of our kids were probably three-ish when they asked to try wine/beer, and sure, they can try a sip; same thing with coffee, almost anything, really. They didn't like it (I am genuinely surprised that anyone's kids did, too), so now they don't want to try it again and they know what it is.

The only thing I've actually said "no, you can't try this, sorry", is Dave's Gourmet Insanity Hot Sauce. Tabasco-level hot sauce, fine, that'll feel unpleasant but it fades away fast enough; the stupidly-hot hot sauce is actually getting into the realm of minor chemical burns and they're just going to have to take my word for it that it's very hot. (I don't eat the stuff myself very often because it's too hot to be useful, even).

It's the same thing as "touch the outside of this this hot cup of coffee -- see how hot it is?" -vs- "don't touch this pan of boiling water that's still on the stove, it is too hot to touch"; the first one will be unpleasant, but the second one will actually cause an injury and there are some things they don't get to learn the hard way.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm not there yet, to be sure, but I'll hella give my kids a sip of a drink if they ask because there's a 0% chance that they'll like it and it won't hurt them.

I am going to keep an eye on the stimulant stuff for sure though; I know culture will have changed by the time they're teens but it tripped me out when I was at the beach last year and this pack of tweens came into the Wawa to get giant energy drinks at 10 o'clock at night. It's not that I'm worried so much about the caffeine's effects, although too much can be dangerous sure, but caffeine's a utility man. You can't blow that getting hyper with your friends on a weekend, you're going to need it for finals and when your kids won't sleep and stuff. You can't be immune to it by the time you graduate high school, that's a damn tragedy.

• Options
    Energy drinks are going to be the equivalent of cigarettes by the time our kids are 40.

Addiction, killing people, same shit. Rampant diabetes.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Putting my kid to bed last night was such a pain.
    He griped about showering, but we finally got him to do it. He slipped while horsing around brushing his teeth and took a hard wooden step stool to the crotch. Had to ice his junk while he cried. Read him his usual book, then his usual "please one more" book. He then pitched a fit about something stupid and hurt his eye. Eventually I left him to cry it out a bit and came back when he calmed down to tuck him in. My husband also stopped by for cuddles.

I decided, hey, time to do a mission or two in ME2. It was about 10pm at this point, so I was going to play for an hour and then party at Club Cama. My husband also started to record vocals for a song he's working on. About 20 minutes in, I heard a door open and my kid came running out. With the biggest shit-eating grin, he climbed into my lap and proceeded to fake snore with his eyes clenched shut. I carried him back to bed and tucked him in again.

My husband kept singing. Loudly. I put my headphones on and tried to ignore him whilst scanning for minerals.

Finally around 11pm I gave up and turned off the game. Still with the loud singing. While I was cleaning up, I heard a little voice scream. "DADDY! DADDY!" I went and told my husband to knock it off because someone was still awake. He obliged, then went and re-tucked the boy because "my feet are uncovered!"

I went to take a shower. It was nice. Relaxing. As I was finishing, my husband was coming in. "Is he asleep?" I asked. "I think so," he said. "I just turned on the baby monitor and didn't hear anything." I toweled off and went to get my pajamas. It took me a few blinks for my brain to process what my eyes were seeing.

In my bed, head on my pillow, covers up to his chin and shit-eating grin once again firmly in place, was a little boy who was poking my last Cuban nerve.

"I want a drink of water."

"Fine, let's get a drink of water."

"I want to stay here."

"NO."

I picked him up and he proceeded to stretch out like he was crucified, so I had to carefully maneuver him through the door and drop him in his bed. I went back to my room and sat on the bed for a minute. Then through the baby monitor, I heard, "I'm soooo thirsty."

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I think its fine to let kids try a sip of beer or wine, 90% of the time they'll hate it, but at least you're going "hey this is a thing grown ups drink sometimes" rather than not acknowledging it. But I'm not a parent soooo.

Around the time my niece turned five, my brother and his wife were having some wine. Said niece asked what it was, and wanted to try it. They said it was a grownup drink, gave her a sip, and she made a face and said it was icky. They agreed, yes it is icky, you shouldn't drink it, eh, eh, eh! What clever parents!

A few days later, they were at CostCo, and my brother picked up one of those handled jugs of Jose Cuervo and put it in the cart. Said niece asked what that was. My brother said it was tequlia, another grown up drink.

Said niece responded, loudly, "EW! LIKE WINE?! I DON'T LIKE TEQUILA DON'T MAKE ME DRINK TEQUILA I DON'T WANT IT DON'T MAKE ME DRINK TEQUILA DADDY!"

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    yep

that sounds like a kid alright!

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz has some nephews that love to share.

v86p1c5h61bm.jpg

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Grady suffers from Resting Stoner Face

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I have a picture of Morgan where he looks completely wasted. I'll see if I can find it.

• Options
    FB_IMG_1425921124384_zpszf81vgqy.jpg

Mad case of the munchies, brah

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »

Around the time my niece turned five, my brother and his wife were having some wine. Said niece asked what it was, and wanted to try it. They said it was a grownup drink, gave her a sip, and she made a face and said it was icky. They agreed, yes it is icky, you shouldn't drink it, eh, eh, eh! What clever parents!

A few days later, they were at CostCo, and my brother picked up one of those handled jugs of Jose Cuervo and put it in the cart. Said niece asked what that was. My brother said it was tequlia, another grown up drink.

Said niece responded, loudly, "EW! LIKE WINE?! I DON'T LIKE TEQUILA DON'T MAKE ME DRINK TEQUILA I DON'T WANT IT DON'T MAKE ME DRINK TEQUILA DADDY!"

Hahaha thats brilliant :D little bugger!

This discussion has been closed.