Options

[chat] is what happens when you meet a man in the alps

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Speaking of Watches Pharell was on the voice last night wearing and checking his apple watch.

He's been wearing it for the past two weeks / four shows. dude hasn't worn anything more than once on that show.

Either he likes it, or likes the "I got it before anyone else" thing, or whatever... but it just made me mad that I won't be getting mine on launch day.

Appuru-sempai...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I'm spending the weekend in Munich so I think I will take advantage of all the city has to offer. *purchases age of ultron tickets*

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I do find it seriously hilarious that someone who made their persona all about their being a religious convert has deconverted
    that is mean, don't be mean

That's not mean, you'll have to try harder to hoist MY petard!

It...it actually is.
    I disagree.

What precisely is mean about it?
    its nasty to take pleasure in seeing someone turn away from religion
    accusation of one dimensionality
    implication of falseness or insincerity ('made their persona', as if it was a conscious effort)

I think the first one is value laden, and I most certainly do not share that value

I think you're reading my phrasing rather dysphemistically in the case of "all about"

And I certainly don't think that anything I said implies falsity or insincerity

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Julius wrote: »

What? Why?

Implied dismissal of the value of religion and condescending sense of the person coming to the "right" answer about a major personal life decision.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    I do find it seriously hilarious that someone who made their persona all about their being a religious convert has deconverted

I think it's more than a little unfair to say she 'made her persona all about' something. She converted to a religion, it understandably had an impact on her life. She posted more about craft stuff than her religion, from what I recall.

WELL

IS SHE STILL DOING HER CRAFT?

she's actually in the craft

she denounced islam to convert to wiccanism

Well, that makes sense
    I will take the religion that allows me to participate in drinking hooch and orgies.

My antipathy toward religious conversion?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hullo [chat]

i have now watched three episodes of agents of shield

why is everyone saying the first half of the season is bad or whatever i like it

also, i enjoyed the "this is like siri if it worked" line

that was classic

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    going to Florida in October is gonna be like, a grand

:(

What part of Florida?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    that is mean, don't be mean

That's not mean, you'll have to try harder to hoist MY petard!

It...it actually is.
    I disagree.

What precisely is mean about it?

Man, I can tell this conversation is going places.

The "Is not"/"Is too" back and forth isn't the slightest bit productive, wink.
    P10 wrote:
    accusation of one dimensionality

I agree with P10. These are the reasons it's a bit mean.

implication of falseness or insincerity ('made their persona', as if it was a conscious effort)

There was no implication of insincerity

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

What? Why?
    it doesn't have to be nasty (you could be happy that someone's reached the end of their self exploration or found something that makes them happier, etc)
    but i very much get the impression it isn't that

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

What? Why?

It's kinda nasty to take pleasure in anything with a sort of "I told you so" kind of manner, is more how I read that.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Apo, I dunno what tone you were going for, but you landed on "eye-rolling dismissal with simultaneous sneer" at someone who is probably in the top ten "Most Inoffensive [chat]ters" of all time.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    hullo [chat]

why is everyone saying the first half of the season is bad or whatever i like it

that was classic
    I felt like the first half of the first season didn't have much to tie it together. It was pretty monster of the weekish.

Then the second half comes in with a big myth arc, and things go into overdrive.

So if you enjoy the first half, then you should love the second half.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Speaking of Watches Pharell was on the voice last night wearing and checking his apple watch.

He's been wearing it for the past two weeks / four shows. dude hasn't worn anything more than once on that show.

Either he likes it, or likes the "I got it before anyone else" thing, or whatever... but it just made me mad that I won't be getting mine on launch day.

Appuru-sempai...

What if you finally get yours and you really dislike it and you strain and strain to change the way you feel until a vein in your nose breaks and blood pours down on to the watch as your face twists into a rictus, teeth stained red.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    6 o'clock already I was just in the middle of a dream
    I was kissing Valentino by a crystal blue Italian stream
    But I can't be late because then I guess I just won't get paid
    these are the days you wish your bed was already made
    :whistle:

very trueth

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm spending the weekend in Munich so I think I will take advantage of all the city has to offer. *purchases age of ultron tickets*

you could see oliver huntemann dj

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

What? Why?
    it doesn't have to be nasty (you could be happy that someone's reached the end of their self exploration or found something that makes them happier, etc)

"I do find it seriously hilarious that someone who made their persona all about their being a religious convert has deconverted"

I generally don't think someone who did have a lot of faith and probably had to go through some serious reflection, pain, etc. and came out the other side different is something seriously hilarious. That is like, absolutely the wrong emotion to convey, because I am sure fear of being mocked for changing one's mind on something that deeply ingrained is a huge part of the inertia behind why many stay with things they may not agree with, and you are just feeding into that.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Suddenly, doodle-oriented mathematics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1E7I7_r3Cw

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    hullo [chat]

that was classic
    I felt like the first half of the first season didn't have much to tie it together. It was pretty monster of the weekish.

Then the second half comes in with a big myth arc, and things go into overdrive.

So if you enjoy the first half, then you should love the second half.

excellent

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Apo, I dunno what tone you were going for, but you landed on "eye-rolling dismissal with simultaneous sneer" at someone who is probably in the top ten "Most Inoffensive [chat]ters" of all time.

I personally found her dismissal of the importance of Nirvana relative to No Doubt quite offensive.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i hear German sex clubs are delightful donk

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options

I personally found her dismissal of the importance of Nirvana relative to No Doubt quite offensive.
    no doubt was great

i love ska

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hilarious and happy aren't really the same thing. The former implies a state of amusement that the latter does not.

There is really no way to interpret that charitably.

• Options

are we talking about passer?

one time she did this thing where she was like i'm going to make this little crocheted trinket and we can send it around the world and have a lot of fun with it

and i was just like oh my god woman could you be more offensive right now?

• Options

Appuru-sempai...

What if you finally get yours and you really dislike it and you strain and strain to change the way you feel until a vein in your nose breaks and blood pours down on to the watch as your face twists into a rictus, teeth stained red.

At that moment, I will glance over at the glass cube on 5th Ave, as the line starts forming for the Apple Watch 2, and will gasp out "perfect" before dying in Tom Cruise's arms.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Casual wrote: »

Is that some sort of code for Pleasure Island style metamorphosis?

• Options
    Thanks for looking that up for me, Geth.

• Options
    Podly wrote: »

you could see oliver huntemann dj

Hmm, would this make y2jake burn with jealousy while being 100% wasted on me? Because if so I will consider it.

• Options

What? Why?

"I do find it seriously hilarious that someone who made their persona all about their being a religious convert has deconverted"

I generally don't think someone who did have a lot of faith and probably had to go through some serious reflection, pain, etc. and came out the other side different is something seriously hilarious. That is like, absolutely the wrong emotion to convey, because I am sure fear of being mocked for changing one's mind on something that deeply ingrained is a huge part of the inertia behind why many stay with things they may not agree with, and you are just feeding into that.

If you're looking to convince me, I think you're misaiming.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I'll have to send in a bunch of papers and blahblahblah. What precise acts of contrition they want from me is unclear.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

What? Why?

It's kinda nasty to take pleasure in anything with a sort of "I told you so" kind of manner, is more how I read that.

No one gets their tailfeathers ruffled when someone says they take pleasure in seeing someone turn away from right-wing politics.

My heart is warmed when someone loses the faith in much the same way I imagine a religious person's heart is warmed when they see someone find religion.

• Options
    PLA wrote: »
    I'll have to send in a bunch of papers and blahblahblah. What precise acts of contrition they want from me is unclear.

When in doubt, give them your firstborn.

Maybe that's what your Mother is attempting to do?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    God people looked extra lame in 1992.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

are we talking about passer?

one time she did this thing where she was like i'm going to make this little crocheted trinket and we can send it around the world and have a lot of fun with it

and i was just like oh my god woman could you be more offensive right now?

You forgot the part where she auctioned the thing and all the proceeds went to Child's Play.

*spits*

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah5gAkna3jI

what exactly is being implied here?? >.>

• Options
    Also, didn't catch that this was about Passerby.

To be clear: I found her generally lovely (is she still around?).

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »

What? Why?

No one gets their tailfeathers ruffled when someone says they take pleasure in seeing someone turn away from right-wing politics.
    that's different, because,
    (i'll be sure to ruffle my plumage real hard next time for you)

• Options

Herr Donkey needs more white sausages

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    Also, didn't catch that this was about Passerby.

To be clear: I found her generally lovely (is she still around?).

she doesn't post much at all anymore but she's still around on facebook

This discussion has been closed.