As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wet Hot American [TV] Thread

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Honestly

I think it's kind of amazing how well the show gives you these awful things to laugh at but doesn't really ever implicitly or explicitly approve of, as a piece of media, the same things

It's really hard to do and almost everything fails spectacularly at it

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I love Mac's criticism of Dennis the most

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm on season 8 and I miss fat Ronald McDonald.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    The Dennis system is what convinced me to go back and give this show a chance.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    How the fuck has Paul Rudd not aged at all.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    one of my favorite things about the dennis system is how, after he introduces it, it becomes a constant part of his interactions with women

specifically, i love how in Thundergun Express, he's furiously trying to Demonstrate Value and keeps getting tripped up

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thundergun Express?

I heard he hangs dong.

• Options
    Also, I've decided that Banshee, PA is one of the last fictional towns is ever want to live in.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Also the implication is a great episode because it gets turned back on him.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I hadn't heard about the Wet Hot series until I saw this thread on Saturday. I rewatched the movie that night, and thought I would watch the first episode after. I watched five, and finished them the next night. Now I want more. So much more.

I forgot how much I loved the movie, and Paul Rudd is fucking great. Doug aged poorly(I think he's made to look worse than he normally does though).

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Thundergun Express?

I heard he hangs dong.

Not too hard.

Not too soft.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wow Niles Crane looks pretty good compared to the movie as well.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    His character was probably the weirdest paper of FDAC

He had no real ties to the cast till the movie and did basically nothing in the show but it would have felt off if they got back literally everyone but him so they needed to include him

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I liked him in the show, to be honest.

Nice little diversion

• Options
    First time I've been disappointed by a fight in Banshee. The beheading wad cool but they built that fight up so much I expected something epic and the whole thing was over in a minute.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Rick and Morty was excellent as usual

lets play some Roy

Wait wait, you went BACK to the carpet store after getting over cancer?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Yeah I watched movie and so 1 fri night, finished today

Very
    Very
    Entertaining

poo
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Rick and Morty was excellent as usual

lets play some Roy

Wait wait, you went BACK to the carpet store after getting over cancer?

Boooooo!

That's the difference between you and me, Hjorvarthr. I never go back to the carpet store.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

He had no real ties to the cast till the movie and did basically nothing in the show but it would have felt off if they got back literally everyone but him so they needed to include him

I think even more importantly than getting David Hyde Pierce back, is that they got Rob Huebel in there playing a jerk

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I think even more importantly than getting David Hyde Pierce back, is that they got Rob Huebel in there playing a jerk
    Also probably one of the most accurate depictions of university faculty politicking.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    So regarding RHAS

When Bradley Cooper says "hey everybody, it's me! DJ Ski Mask!", I'm pretty sure that's not Bradley Cooper's voice.

We went back and played it like five times, and it sounds a lot like Chris Pratt.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    So regarding RHAS

When Bradley Cooper says "hey everybody, it's me! DJ Ski Mask!", I'm pretty sure that's not Bradley Cooper's voice.

We went back and played it like five times, and it sounds a lot like Chris Pratt.

what're you talking about! he is totally DJ Ski Mask! who else would it be?!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I saw someone complaining that Chris Pine's part should have been played by Chris Pratt and I wanted to slap them. I like Chris Pratt! Chris Pratt doesn't have to be in literally everything! Why are people trying to make me hate Chris Pratt!

• Options
    This has just been pitched to me and now I am going to be incredibly disappointed if The Americans doesn't cast Michael Showalter to play Ronald Reagan

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I have also heard another pitch for a series that is basically The Americans, but with Christopher Meloni and Jon Hamm as married government assassins

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I watched whas this morning and thought it was okay but aside from a few great bits I didn't really get the fuss

I'm 5 episodes into the show and I think it's way more consistently funny

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I think First Day of Camp has the title card of the year

It gets me every time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I think First Day of Camp has the title card of the year

It gets me every time

yeah, the timing is always essentially perfect

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Are they all Jewish?

I mean, it's a Jewish summer camp, so

Oh I missed that bit but yeah they are all hella Jewish

Hell the new guy from Israel has my name and that is practically unheard of

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    I am not a fan of this episode with Charlie and the rich girl.

It's really the first time Charlie comes off as completely evil and it seems out of character.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

It's really the first time Charlie comes off as completely evil and it seems out of character.

Did you forget that Charlie kidnaps a newspaper critic because he didn't like what he wrote about the bar?

Because that is all Charlie.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Did you forget that Charlie kidnaps a newspaper critic because he didn't like what he wrote about the bar?

That was more knee jerk. He's knee jerk crazy, not manipulative crazy.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Look who Charlie spends his time with

Bunch of bad influences

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

That was more knee jerk. He's knee jerk crazy, not manipulative crazy.

They show in some more episodes that Charlie is pretty manipulative, when he wants to be.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know. It just seemed out of character to me. The episode wasn't bad I just didn't like the end.

• Options
    P. Diddy is amazing.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    trying to imagine a future where higher and higher from WHAS is not in my head and I can't do it

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Everybody should check out Playing House on USA. It has Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Claire for its leads. Really really funny.

https://youtu.be/O-ZCDcQLtmk

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Captain Awesome is no rookie.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.