Options

[Fallout 4] 2 Fast 2 Furious

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    My population is at exactly 50 and I am seriously considering leaving it there for a good, long while until I can build up some serious anti-deathclaw defenses.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    My population is at exactly 50 and I am seriously considering leaving it there for a good, long while until I can build up some serious anti-deathclaw defenses.

This is not a bad plan

I'm at 40 right now and the line outside can build up forever for all I care. Only people getting inside are going to be those I sent out to get me sweet sweet loot until I have my top two floors filled with jacked up dwellers armed to the teeth

My main vault finally has the top two floors equipped entirely with 9+ damage weapons but getting there was not pleasant. None of my guys could stand up to Deathclaws without me spamming stimpaks because even with the good weapons their stats sucked. Now that nearly all dwellers in the top two floors have 8+ endurance and 5+ in Str/Agi/Per I can almost ignore Deathclaws. They don't even make it all the way through the second floor and only the two dwellers I haven't run through the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. gauntlet need stimpaks

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I hate opening the vault doors at this point. Near guarantees a deathclaw raid.

And while they never get past the second floor, sometimes too many dudes are taking massive hits for me to stimpack them all. Especially with clumsy touch controls.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah the touch controls especially with mr handys thrown in can be a real bitch to target a dweller in like a 6 room.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Man the rng on getting good weapons in the waste feels really broken to me. The best weapon I have is a flamer I got from the first lunch box, I've sent multiple dwellers out for over 24 hours and I still get the same crap as I get in a 4 hour jaunt. It's really disheartening to get a bb gun at the 28 hour mark. I'm going to keep going until I get the game room and can send out a dweller with high luck but right now it feels like the only way I can advance my vault is to buy lunchboxes and hope I get lucky.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Carpy wrote: »
    Man the rng on getting good weapons in the waste feels really broken to me. The best weapon I have is a flamer I got from the first lunch box, I've sent multiple dwellers out for over 24 hours and I still get the same crap as I get in a 4 hour jaunt. It's really disheartening to get a bb gun at the 28 hour mark. I'm going to keep going until I get the game room and can send out a dweller with high luck but right now it feels like the only way I can advance my vault is to buy lunchboxes and hope I get lucky.

From what I can tell if you want good drops (and lots of caps) you need to max luck. Other stats seem to have an effect on getting drops period but high luck means more decent drops.

That said I have yet to see a gold drop in the wastes. But if I send someone out for a couple of days with 10 luck I usually net 3-4 blues whereas I've never had someone with 5 luck or lower come back with more than one. The difference in caps is usually a few thousand as well.

• Options
    Well, things just got dark in my vault (and I don't mean I need more power plants!)

2 new objectives just popped up. One to deliver 14 babies (for a lunchbox, so I actually care) and one to have 8 pregnant women. So it's time to clean house a little bit in order to keep under my current anti-deathclaw-appearing population overhead. Sorry, young blood, your sacrifice will be remembered in the coming empire. Well not really, since you're still alive and I can't remember your names already.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Would be nice if you could choose vault dwellers to sacrifice and turn into a cheap source of food rations.

What? Don't look at me like you weren't thinking the same thing.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I still have to get 3 dwellers assigned to the right room (19/22). I've had this objective for 3 days and it won't even yield a lunchbox. The first objective dropped was for 16 babies and no lunchbox. Then, I dropped "kill 4 deathclaws with fists" (which might have awarded a lunchbox, but fuck that). I can't remember today's dropped objective, but I was already 18 points into the stupid room assignment deal and I thought I could nail it when all my wastelanders landed. Any tips to get this one to stick?

I've stalled at 58 dwellers while I work up everyone's luck and endurance. I hadn't thought of leaving new people to die, Spartan style, but I might have to do that for this 11 pregnancy lunchbox.

Deathclaws start at 70 dwellers, right? At least that's the exact moment my first vault was annihilated. I had no money, none of my people were trained and not even my rooms were 3 spaces long. All my people were dead and molerats killed the ones that returned from the wasteland. Amata was the legendary thing I had, but she's gone now.

• Options
    From what I've read, it's either 60 or 61.

• Options
    From what I've read, it's either 60 or 61.

That's a lot of people I have to 'remove'.

I guess it's a good thing I haven't destroyed my little incident room I use to rush "rush" and "incident" objectives.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Got further into the tutorial, this thing is so damn cute, looking forward to a phone upgrade that actually works.

• Options
    I'm curious how certain things work when the game is inactive in the background. Training timers and wasteland exploration still tick, but how are resources handled? Does it automatically harvest them in the background, or does it straight-up freeze resource drain?

• Options
    Been holding back the hype for awhile now.

I imagine I have about three weeks left before I start losing my shit.

• Options
    Deathclaw attacks happen way too often, and they are a massive resource drain. That's some bull!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Technically some chameleon.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Well, I finished my barebones New Vegas hardcore playthrough in time for MGS5. 30 hours in and I still have over a hundred locations to explore and all four DLCs. Not to mention Project Frontier, Brazil, and the Someguy Bounty series.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Well, I finished my barebones New Vegas hardcore playthrough in time for MGS5. 30 hours in and I still have over a hundred locations to explore and all four DLCs. Not to mention Project Frontier, Brazil, and the Someguy Bounty series.
    Have you played Beyond Boulder Dome?

Probably my favorite DLCesque quest mod.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
  • Options
    I dropped that 22 dwellers assigned to the right room today after I got two new people from the wasteland, put them in every room and still could not clear the objective.

Now, the game gives me 30 room assignments for a lunchbox.

This objective needs to be fixed.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

I've only tried the first Bounties, but it isn't very good. It's largely just a series of "go here, kill this guy" with very little flavour.

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well its not the dancing its the fucking they do after it.

Fun fact:

Due to censorship and decency standards of the day, smoking, dancing, and a whole host of other non-sexual actions have become stand-ins for sex in film. Makes Bollywood dance numbers a lot more suspicious.

One of my favorite webcomics has now put the thought in my head that a high level set of armor should be extra large novelty Mickey Mouse boxers with chest holsters.

Anyone else wonder if and when Bethesda will stop pushing graphic changes and have an entire generation where everything else gets improved?

When more players and reviewers don't include the words "dated graphics" in their commentary? :P

Why, when your games graphics are dated BEFORE it's released?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options

I've only tried the first Bounties, but it isn't very good. It's largely just a series of "go here, kill this guy" with very little flavour.

Yeah, but it's well done filler from what I've heard.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Bounties 2 tightened up the concept a bit and started to lean more into an underlying storyline that came out of the latter half of Bounties as well.

It's a shame that Bounties 3 might not become a thing, I wouldn't have minded seeing where it would go.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Well its not the dancing its the fucking they do after it.

Fun fact:

Due to censorship and decency standards of the day, smoking, dancing, and a whole host of other non-sexual actions have become stand-ins for sex in film. Makes Bollywood dance numbers a lot more suspicious.

One of my favorite webcomics has now put the thought in my head that a high level set of armor should be extra large novelty Mickey Mouse boxers with chest holsters.

Anyone else wonder if and when Bethesda will stop pushing graphic changes and have an entire generation where everything else gets improved?

When more players and reviewers don't include the words "dated graphics" in their commentary? :P

Why, when your games graphics are dated BEFORE it's released?

Thank you for proving the point amazingly, yes.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Playing Fallout Shelter.

Its fun but I see its best to play the game in chunks.

Probably going to get my follower count up to 50 then just buff them up.

Also at first I thought endurance was a mostly junk state but then I found out it affects the level up he bonus so trying to train that up.

Money is my biggest issue atm.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Spent 9000 upgrading my luck training room, it reduced one from 2 hours 12 minutes to 2 hours 6 minutes. Wow. Money well spent...

Edit: NV is fucking weird. I made a mod that changes the blue glowy halo things in Old World Blues item slot so they can be worn over helmets and such. Absolutely no other edited data, checked it in FNVEdit just to be sure. Now suddenly lobotomites all spawn with 22 hp. Makes no sense!

Strikor on
  • Options
    The only reason I improved my training rooms was for the objectives and because I have lots of money.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Playing Fallout Shelter.

Its fun but I see its best to play the game in chunks.

Probably going to get my follower count up to 50 then just buff them up.

Also at first I thought endurance was a mostly junk state but then I found out it affects the level up he bonus so trying to train that up.

Money is my biggest issue atm.

Sounds like this game would be good as its own spinoff. Maybe I'll pick up the sequel.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    My biggest problem with Shelter is it still had that microtransaction-y Bulls hit where the game is just frustrating enough to encourage actual money use.

Why I find it more tolerable playing in chunks.

• Options
    Spent 9000 upgrading my luck training room, it reduced one from 2 hours 12 minutes to 2 hours 6 minutes. Wow. Money well spent...

Edit: NV is fucking weird. I made a mod that changes the blue glowy halo things in Old World Blues item slot so they can be worn over helmets and such. Absolutely no other edited data, checked it in FNVEdit just to be sure. Now suddenly lobotomites all spawn with 22 hp. Makes no sense!

Yeah, when in doubt, make a new item.

I just discovered last week that in skyrim, salt piles the food ingredient and salt piles the alchemy ingredient have two different names inside the console, and might have nicked my save a little in giving myself 100 of the wrong one.

Not my fault its so damn rare and used in every food recipe.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Okay BethSoft, I propose that you may have a problem.

I have just watched Fury Road. Most people have probably also watched this film.

We are tired of walking from Instance A to Instance B in your games to trigger Next Script Event. We want cars. Fury Road-esque cars, that we can store stuff in and quickly travel the wasteland in with speed & style.

Ain't nothin' that can stop a Highwayman!

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Okay BethSoft, I propose that you may have a problem.

I have just watched Fury Road. Most people have probably also watched this film.

We are tired of walking from Instance A to Instance B in your games to trigger Next Script Event. We want cars. Fury Road-esque cars, that we can store stuff in and quickly travel the wasteland in with speed & style.

Ain't nothin' that can stop a Highwayman!

I would be happy with just a disembodied car trunk that follows me around and lets me store stuff in it.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    A car would add so much.

They could even tie it into any pre-War content they want to add to the game. Go find yourself a flux capacitor and travel back & forth between the wasteland & not-wasteland (...probably not entirely feasible, given that you'd have to basically build the entire game world twice over, but whatever).

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a fallout game that took a more open map-stance similar to fallout 2, where you actually have room in a vast desert to actually *drive* a car. Bonus points if that car were a Highwayman.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind a fallout game that took a more open map-stance similar to fallout 2, where you actually have room in a vast desert to actually *drive* a car. Bonus points if that car were a Highwayman.

It won't have that Neo-50s style, but the new Mad Max game seems like it's got the desert driving thing down pat.

• Options
    The first question I asked at PAX after I got a taste of Fallout 3 when it was new was about the possibility of motorcycles.

Still disappointed.

You could copy pokemon and have an off road one for going into the rouge terrain and a highway one for long distance travel.

But then you run into the issue GTA3:SA had where the long stretches of nothing are quite boring......until you get a flamethrower and experiment with the engine's fire propagation mechanics.

• Options
    Yeah the only thing I'd worry about with cars is just the vast nothing. I mean its bad enough at times in f3 and nv with stretches of empty areas, add cars in and it would feel like boring bullshit with small oasis's of interesting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

Yeah, but it's well done filler from what I've heard.

As others have said, New Vegas Bounties was one of Someguy's first mods, so it's a bit lacking in story but he really improved his technique with Bounties 2. If you want to see one of the best NPCs ever created in a mod, try New Vegas Killer, which is a 'what if' scenario that has you siding with the villain from Bounties and becoming one of his hitmen.

• Options
    Ok Deathclaw attacks are getting stupid. If the radio brings in a new person bam deathclawed come on game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.