Options

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    focusing on building up my savings when I owe sallie fucking mae money seems like worrying about if I've taken the trash out when my house is on fire

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Deebaser wrote: »
    that's what the credit cards are for

Can't tell if joking

for an emergency?

no im not joking

I'm way poorer than you guys if something happens where I need $10k I'm just fucked end of story
    Don't feel bad

I make really good money, and I can't take a 10k hit at this moment. Maybe if I didn't have these student loans I might have a more robust rainy day savings, but I'm tapping a 401k if I have a 10k incident that my insurance doesn't cover.

zepherin on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    working from home on a day most people prolly took off or are working from home due to the weather is nice.

Course the weather is real shit and due to my MIL's antics there's enough tension in this house to hold up a bridge

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    If I needed $1000 today or I was going to die I would die

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Ludious wrote: »
    working from home on a day most people prolly took off or are working from home due to the weather is nice.

Course the weather is real shit and due to my MIL's antics there's enough tension in this house to hold up a bridge

Build a bridge out ov 'er!

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I dunno if I could weather 10k, that's a big hit.

I have about 6 months of savings though.. I could afford to pay off sallie mae, but that's about it. They reneged on their settlement wanting more money, so monthly again it is.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Ernest Hemingway
    Bogart wrote: »
    You should play Mysterium. Make the mouthiest person the ghost, who cannot speak for the whole game. They go slowly nuts.

Oh and Spyfall is super easy fun times.

Mysterium is so great. How much have you gotten to play? I can't wait till my group's next stab at it.

Alas, it turns out a blind guy makes a really shitty ghost, but I made a decent fist out of being a detective for some reason.

What's Spyfall all about?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    You can defer student loan payments when shit hits the fan. You can't do that with credit cards so there is a difference

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I'd much rather have the 3-6 month safety net than pay off remaining debt tbh. Having the roof over my head is more important than angry phone calls from sallie mae about not having their money.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Echo wrote: »
    So I went out shopping for sheets of overhead film or similar to use for wargaming stuff.

Then I started wondering if overhead projectors are even a thing any longer.

I guess for cheaply drawing stuff up in a college auditorium. But I wouldn't think printed text sheets on the overhead wouldn't be that prevalent as digital projection gets cheaper and cheaper.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    this egg everything bagel is life giving

seriously why cant bagels all the time forever

poo
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    You can defer student loan payments when shit hits the fan. You can't do that with credit cards so there is a difference

yeah but then you file bankrupty and start over

learn 2 capitlsim

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    If I needed $1000 today or I was going to die I would die
    We could probably help you with a 1k hit if you were literally going to die.

I can take a 1k hit, and PBJ it for 2 weeks to recover the money.

10k is a lot of money to just cough up.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I had profs in college that liked overheads because they'd use it like a chalkboard. Wrote directly on the glass with dry erase markers.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Vanguard wrote: »

learn 2 capitlsim
    Did you go to Trump U?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    NO ONE INVITED YOU QUID

You are very rude

When have i ever been rude

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

you can't defer private student loans, not really (you can for like 2 months)

Credit cards can be discharged in bankruptcy, and they will absolutely work with you if you have trouble paying. Sallie mae gets their money regardless because they're protected from discharges, they have no incentive to work with you, at all, so they don't, ever, unless you play the "I really don't give a fuck about my credit score, take me to court bitches" game. Then they do. Still not really, they try to settle for like 98% of the amount instead of like 25% a credit card company will do.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hmm, laminating sheets might work too.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    zepherin wrote: »

learn 2 capitlsim
    Did you go to Trump U?

listen the college i went to it was very good very good alright great even

i'd prefer not reveal that information but they have the best courses you'll just have to trust me i have a very good brain

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    NO ONE INVITED YOU QUID

You are very rude

When have i ever been rude

checkmate-quotes-8.jpg

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Doing training.

OH GOD SHOOT ME!

But at least I am at home.

Because the government said it was too hot to have people come to work.

*With the metro having no AC in stations this is probably true

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    you guys the trick is to lose everything so when you take a 10K hit there's nothing left to happen

hth

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    So I took a day off yesterday because I was aggrivated with the whole phone calls every 3-4 hours.

Boss was upset I took a day off because "now we're so far behind"

yet interrupting me 8 times a day doesn't put me behind

god why the fuck will no one give me a job, I need to get out ASAP

(2 more people put in 2 weeks notices)

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Vanguard have you played the new hearthstone adventure?

The chess match one was really neat.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    When you take a 10k hit you just make it look like an accident, push them down some stairs or something, or crimp the brake lines. No guns, that's too suspicious.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    You should play Mysterium. Make the mouthiest person the ghost, who cannot speak for the whole game. They go slowly nuts.

Oh and Spyfall is super easy fun times.

Mysterium is so great. How much have you gotten to play? I can't wait till my group's next stab at it.

Alas, it turns out a blind guy makes a really shitty ghost, but I made a decent fist out of being a detective for some reason.

What's Spyfall all about?

We had one game of Mysterium, and I was the ghost. I was also the rules explainer. I did not speak after the pre-game explanation until the final round, I think, because my rules explanations are amazing. Occasionally sign language filled in the gaps. We solved it, but we were playing on easy mode. Awesome fun, though.

Spyfall is where there are like fifty locations and everyone gets a card with the same location except the spy who gets a card saying YOU ARE A SPY and people take it in turns to ask another player a question about where they are or what they're doing. The spy has to work out where they all are, and the other players have to work out who is the spy. If the spy figures it out he wins, and if everyone else guesses who the spy is they win. Oblique questions are the order of the day.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Mazzyx wrote: »

i did! the chess was rad, but that prologue deck was just fucking bonkers

Protect the King! Is a sold card and i have been using it to make all of the aggro decks over the ladder cry when my board goes from empty to 7 3/3 taunts

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    we really shouldn't have monthly birthday treats on fridays because we have bagel fridays and i want to overindulge in both but it's a lot easier and less guilt inducing when they're on different days, nah mean?

poo
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    After seeing the state of the house last night.

I think I'm gonna have to just understand that my wife probably won't have all her stuff packed and out tomorrow. House is probably gonna be trashed for another week.

Ah well. There are worse things in the world.

Just a little patience.. Yeeeeaaaaaaah :whistle:

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    you guys the trick is to lose everything so when you take a 10K hit there's nothing left to happen

hth
    You are never more invulnerable than when you have nothing to lose.

I once settled a debt with that tactic. "I have absolutely nothing of value. My car is worth about 900 bucks, and I've got 3k in credit card debt and 20k in student loan debt. I will declare bankruptcy tomorrow if you can't cut this by 50%. I come out way ahead in a bankruptcy and I'm not going to need credit for another 5 or 6 years anyways."

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Social elements? In my board games?

Bah, humbug.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Mazzyx wrote: »

i did! the chess was rad, but that prologue deck was just fucking bonkers

Protect the King! Is a sold card and i have been using it to make all of the aggro decks over the ladder cry when my board goes from empty to 7 3/3 taunts

that prologue deck really made you feel like a badass Mage

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    good morning

heat index of 105

what the fuck? chrome has made Alt-4 the new back hotkey?

i can't type the degrees symbol anymore?

fuck this browser

i forgot what i was going to say

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    zepherin wrote: »

hth
    You are never more invulnerable than when you have nothing to lose.

I once settled a debt with that tactic. "I have absolutely nothing of value. My car is worth about 900 bucks, and I've got 3k in credit card debt and 20k in student loan debt. I will declare bankruptcy tomorrow if you can't cut this by 50%. I come out way ahead in a bankruptcy and I'm not going to need credit for another 5 or 6 years anyways."

pretty much.

i guess there's debtors prison.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    "bowen try to get as much done as you can today so I can get a better feel of where we're at"

jesus fucking christ

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    was it really necessary to call me to tell me that, really?

REALLY

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    Echo wrote: »
    Social elements? In my board games?

Bah, humbug.

THIS ISN'T COMPLETELY REDUCIBLE TO SIMPLE MATH AND TRUTH TABLES /flips table parabolically

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    bowen wrote: »
    "bowen try to get as much done as you can today so I can get a better feel of where we're at"

jesus fucking christ
    "Sure thing Boss."
    *Starts making margaritas.*

This discussion has been closed.