Options

Which Ernest Do You Prefer [chat]?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    npr is on kind of low in the background and my air conditioner is going but i am p sure i just heard someone say trickle down racism

that is a very NPResque phrase

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    npr is on kind of low in the background and my air conditioner is going but i am p sure i just heard someone say trickle down racism

unlike trickle down economics it actually works

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway

This 100% checks out I wouldn't even question it

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    honest to goodness I'd take a paycut at this point (as long as they paid to relocate)

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2016

The Swedish phrase for trickle-down economy is... the horse shit theory.

You give the horse head lots of grass, and then nutritious horse shit falls all over the grass, helping it grow!

Echo on
  • Options
    my mom asked me why I haven't celebrated my new job or graduation and I told her that I haven't actually signed the employment paperwork to be full time yet and regardless of what my boss is telling me and how much I trust her I'm not counting on anything until it's staring me in the face

and she's like goddamn you're cynical good for you

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    So in our last game of Pandemic Legacy we spent almost an hour discussing strategy before we were even done setting up the board.

God that game is so good. Can't wait for season 2.

The depth of strategy and need for commitment is amazing.

What month are you on?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    The human econopede

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of ordering something online from a place that isn't Amazon. Let's count the things that went wrong in this transaction.

1.) I had to pay $24 for shipping
    2.) Had to create an account to place an order
    3.) Payment went through some weird 3rd party
    4.) Account creation email was sent to me with my password in clear text
    5.) Estimated transit time (shown to me only after order went through), 15-22 days.
    6.) Confirmation email includes a note that says shipping may be delayed due to the guy running the site going on vacation August 8-Aug 22
    7.) Payment company contacts me and says that my payment information was refused (for no particular reason)
    8.) There is no way to correct payment info
    9.) Support is nonresponsive as guy is on vacation

Ordering from a place that isn't Amazon: never even once

I wish they sold major appliances, though. I had to order my new kitchen stuff from a place in Brooklyn to dodge sales tax (like $250, before accounting for the better prices to start with) and it's going to take like a whole week to get here. :P

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    my mom asked me why I haven't celebrated my new job or graduation and I told her that I haven't actually signed the employment paperwork to be full time yet and regardless of what my boss is telling me and how much I trust her I'm not counting on anything until it's staring me in the face

and she's like goddamn you're cynical good for you

really for you just pragmatic at this point

• Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Elki wrote: »
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

I have sleep envy now. I'm p much tired all the time. A walking zombie.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    i hope hilldawg was serious about her campaign promise to do a moratorium on student loan payments by executive order

I can't imagine that's legal, but it would be fun if she tried.

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    owner just brought us all waffle house sausage egg and cheese biscuits

this day is a roller coaster ride i tell you

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2016
    So in our last game of Pandemic Legacy we spent almost an hour discussing strategy before we were even done setting up the board.

God that game is so good. Can't wait for season 2.

The depth of strategy and need for commitment is amazing.

What month are you on?

We played August last week, we're doing it real-time.

We've won eight out of ten games. I think we're on six wins straight now.

Funded events? Ha, funny.

Echo on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    porp wrote: »
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

I want to kill, just to feel awake

So I, too, am a zombie

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Social elements? In my board games?

Bah, humbug.

THIS ISN'T COMPLETELY REDUCIBLE TO SIMPLE MATH AND TRUTH TABLES /flips table parabolically

I prefer mathy solvable games with a harsh time limit that forces players to play suboptimally because they don't have calculation time

Seeing people stress out over that when they're used to APing until the perfect move is beautiful

assuming we're thinking of the same things

This aggression

you can't just say this to a devoted wordsmith

sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    So some dude stole a small plane and then apparently crash landed in the middle of downtown Peterborough last night. He died but no one else was hurt.

What the fuck?

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

have you tried abandoning all responsibility and not caring about anything

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    a5ehren wrote: »
    i hope hilldawg was serious about her campaign promise to do a moratorium on student loan payments by executive order

IIRC it's only for 3 months and interest keeps accruing. The idea being it'll give people breathing room to refinance them at better terms.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    also i never remember my dreams but i did remember them last night

for some reason there were subway cars that were flooded and had alligators in them and i had to escape and in the next one i had to wrestle a bear

so, like more normal commute

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    @Feral I bought Paprika. How should I watch this?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ernest Hemingway
    Lol, the ship generation in NMS is random. Austin Walker has a ship that when he fires he shoots himself.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Chanus wrote: »
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

I've heard ghosting your family and life is bad. So no. Not yet.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ernest Hemingway
    I am intrigued by Legacy games but our boardgame group has variable attendance and is far-flung. Every session lately is a joyous shotgun blast of like five different games and pizza and beer and also snacks and of course tea because we are not savages.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    I had 12 hours of sleep.

RIP chanus

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    I have important things to do today.

I think I'm gonna Civ V instead.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Well it would be illegal if you didn't owe the money. You still accrue interest, but the executive pretty much has carte blanche for enforcement of collection for things like student loans.

like how GWB basically stopped investigating tax fraud for rich people entirely

override367 on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ernest P. Worrell

IIRC it's only for 3 months and interest keeps accruing. The idea being it'll give people breathing room to refinance them at better terms.

And only applies to federal student debt... which is 100% never a problem.

I've never seen someone go "man this federal student loan debt is crushing me" because it's capped to income 100% of the time.

It's always "Man Sallie Mae is taking me to the cleaners for this 10k in private student loan debt I had to take out because my parents made too much money and I got fucked in financial aid for some reason, and they want $400 a month."

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    I have important things to do today.

I think I'm gonna Civ V instead.

it's a pretty effective way to lose time

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Sallie Mae's first call to me to collect was telling me they wanted $600 a month for 5 years

and I'm like, you wanna check your numbers again? I owe you $6000

silence for a minute and she's like oh your first payment (of ~$87/month) is due february of 2017

yes, correct, and what is the date now? not that is it no okay bye

override367 on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2016
    Ernest Hemingway
    also i know we are all fatigued by politics at this point

but we can just talk about how insane it was that howard dean basically lost because he enthusiastically made a funny noise and trump is literally suggesting that obama was the founder of isis and telling people they should consider shooting hillary clinton

and people still want to vote for him!

wut

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am intrigued by Legacy games but our boardgame group has variable attendance and is far-flung. Every session lately is a joyous shotgun blast of like five different games and pizza and beer and also snacks and of course tea because we are not savages.

the greatest savagery of all is putting milk in tea

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell
    Sallie Mae's first call to me to collect was telling me they wanted $600 a month for 5 years

silence for a minute and she's like oh your first payment (of ~$87/month) is due february of 2017

I mean, if you could make 36k off someone, wouldn't you?

• Options
    Ernest P. Worrell

but we can just talk about how insane it was that howard dean basically lost because he enthusiastically made a funny noise and trump is literally suggesting that obama was the founder of isis and telling people they should consider shooting hillary clinton

wut

we are a very stupid people as a species

• Options
    Ernest Hemingway
    Bogart wrote: »

the greatest savagery of all is putting milk in tea

You people deserve Trump.

• Options
    I can't tell if Sallie mae's collection people are evil or stupid

I suspect it's a weaponized combination of both of those things

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I stayed up too late playing Hearthstone last night because I have approximately zero self-control or foresight and now I am very tired and don't want to work.

The new hearthstone PvE is really cute though!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

I mean, if you could make 36k off someone, wouldn't you?

and thats the story of how Bowen pimped out Override

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    *goes to demo thing to people, thing doesn't work*
    *dies*

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Ernest Hemingway

and people still want to vote for him!

wut

Dean didn't have a secret plan to defeat ISIS and also wasn't the best at words like Trump is.

This discussion has been closed.