Options

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm really torn between trying to buy a physical thing on amazon, where I can't really be sure whether it's good or not, or buying the physical thing here in australia and shipping it to the Northern American Continental Region (spoilers) myself.

Because I kinda want this thing to be good, and amazon reviews contain a lot of "oh it's good except for..."

also for a minute my government unforseeably stopped giving me money which would have made things tough but of course not impossible but then I phoned them and now they are giving me money again so everything's 'kay

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Update: I enjoy this scotch very much.

Oh thank goodness

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Sagat sent me a third package!

https://youtu.be/urc3EOeQ6IU

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    So now that I'm finally free of Black Friday retail purgatory, I can confirm that I have been gifted!

@fightinfilipino struck in the black of night, leaving a most sinister bounty upon my doorstep. I now have a copy of Elder Sign, which I fully intend to use as a tool for wreaking eldritch havoc on my tabletop crew! At least, I assume I can use it as a tool for wreaking eldritch havoc. There's some eldritch shit right there on the box, after all. Even if I can't, it's still a pretty cool gift.

I haven't had a chance to resize the images from Terribly Massive, so those of you who wish to look upon these Dark Works can find them in this handy imgur album.

As is the case every year, my Satan is the Best Satan.

Thanks, duder. I owe you a drink next PAX for this most excellent of gifts. <3

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I had a box delivered this morning that I am pretty sure is not something I ordered because it was on the big side and the only thing I had arriving today was something small. Will post more when I get home from work.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    So now that I'm finally free of Black Friday retail purgatory, I can confirm that I have been gifted!

@fightinfilipino struck in the black of night, leaving a most sinister bounty upon my doorstep. I now have a copy of Elder Sign, which I fully intend to use as a tool for wreaking eldritch havoc on my tabletop crew! At least, I assume I can use it as a tool for wreaking eldritch havoc. There's some eldritch shit right there on the box, after all. Even if I can't, it's still a pretty cool gift.

I haven't had a chance to resize the images from Terribly Massive, so those of you who wish to look upon these Dark Works can find them in this handy imgur album.

As is the case every year, my Satan is the Best Satan.

Thanks, duder. I owe you a drink next PAX for this most excellent of gifts. <3

hope you and your group enjoy it! i played a bunch with a tabletop group of friends, and this one got a lot of time. it's all the fun of Arkham Horror with none of the absurd setup time :P

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Oh my god Amazon's 404/"page not found" pages are all pictures of employees' dogs and they link to this page:

https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/d8j6je99gnx65bk?ref_=aa_tbbx_all_17&pf_rd_r=BYY9T5DBXH3FFKF95WES&pf_rd_p=d6924e12-17c4-42f3-a752-d0c643db2f72

Shadow's face is killing meeee

Cannoli is a pretty great name for a corgi.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Time to delete my draft which is mostly me rambling about dinosaur dicks

Platy on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Time to delete my draft which is mostly me rambling about dinosaur dicks

Please don't.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Well, too late

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    you know what?

2016 was a shitty shitty year for basically all of humanity

but this thread always makes me super fucking happy

you guys are the best sometimes

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    well, not crwth, obviously

but the rest of you folks?

pretty good, mostly

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    It is very hard to be patient in regards to gifting for my satan.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Satan delivers:

PV7d2Yo.jpg
    This arrived before I woke up this morning but I didn't get a chance to open it till I got home from work

jUCro2e.jpg
    Its a sack!

o7oOe8Z.jpg
    Card! Anonymous Satan!

5cW7R6r.jpg
    The gift! The box it came in was just plain brown so I only took this photo. Today I learned that Hasbro/Nerf sells nerf guns without providing darts! I don't own any darts right now so I'll just have to buy some later! Or maybe borrow from my nephews.

Thank you, Satan!

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I live, I die, I live again! By which I mean I am probably finally coherent enough to make a very delayed wishlist post. I got home from the hospital last night which has been honestly a huge gift already, as schmaltzy as that sounds, I am looking forward to being back to 100% again but I don't think my dark lord can help me with that.
    So OK inevitable amazon smile link is here which was also in my email. I have a thing about socks? Like I really, really like socks? But I have wide calves, so it is probably best to check on sites like SockDreams before buying anything to make sure that it'll fit me (like 17" calves or something). And also chunky knit things. I covet one of those extra chunky blankets more than life, but they are so fucking expensive. I like little arty pieces of jewelry and footwear, it seems. My favorite color is ORANGE ORANGE, like kraft mac and cheese orange. I wear a 3x most likely and I prefer v-necks because sometimes crew necks make me feel like I'm choking. If you're one of those people who is talented at modifying tshirts, I would love some of the shirts on my wishlist made into v-necks! I am going back to eating gluten free after losing 32 cm of my bowel inexplicably and deciding to be nicer to my body even though those things are unrelated. I love to cook but I have been pretty busy and unmotivated lately. I'm a dual major social work/psychology in my last year so I am all busy, all the time. If there's anything on my wishlist that you have used, I am totally OK with used presents, or if there's something my wishlist makes you think I'd like that you have a copy of already or whatever! I'm all about saving $$$ by buying used books and games. I put some stuff on my wishlist for my pets (2 cats, 1 dog) and then one game for my husband bc like I said it will probably be a tight Christmas around here after he had to take time off work to be with me in the hospital. Don't feel like you have to get him anything though!

eta: Oh yes, I am about to start applying to graduate schools soon for my social work master's and we are looking at a bunch of different states, so if you have anything that is neat from your state send it along! Right now we are thinking mostly about Texas but it will depend on how things look once the Trump takes power.

There you go, Satan, I am sorry it is so late!

cabsy on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh, I'm so glad that you're home, @cabsy !

I hope you start to feel lots better soon!

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Hmm.. A wild box has appeared.
    20161130_160630.jpg
    I do not recall ordering anything... *gasp* could it be?
    Indeed, it is! An unholy parcel from Satan!
    20161130_160710.jpg
    Inside festive bag number one:
    A book of German recipes and culinary traditions!
    20161130_160941.jpg
    Hiding within festive bag number two:
    Another box!
    20161130_160807.jpg
    And nestled inside the boring, white cardboard...
    Blazing Saddles on LaserDisc!
    20161130_160906.jpg
    And tucked away in the bottom of the box (feeling slightly left out as it has no festive bag):
    Carcassonne!
    20161130_160929.jpg

So, to quote Happosai
    What a haul! What a haul!
    20161130_161038.jpg

Thanks, @Grobian

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    You're very welcome. I hope the book is good, because I only knew German cook books in German and had to go by reviews.

(there should have been notes, though, did Amazon fuck that up? Oh wait, if you know my PA name you obviously got the notes)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I've been intrigued by the Culinaria books for a while now.

Man, you guys all get great gifts!

Unlike me, I get Stardew Valley which is eating up what life I don't spend on the baby. and I suck at fishing. Just... really really suck at fishing.

Brolo is the best.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Dude, I have Culinaria Russia, my parents got it for me while they were living there! And it is STRAIGHT BONKERS and HILARIOUS.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Now I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I'll let you know how it is.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hey Satanee! I'm going to actually go on my computer this weekend and order some shit for you.

I'm also going to buy you gifts!

• Options
    I have received a boxen!
    1cwfl6gzmt5t.jpg
    khssnf13c9xy.jpg
    44nwwfaaw2x6.jpg
    p8or238tircw.jpg

I have not been up to making any delicious waffles lately, but once I am on the rebound I will be overjoyed to use it! And also if you hadn't put LS on it there wasn't any indication of your name so you could have remained anonymouse!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    OH WELL!

Girl I got so bummed when I read your post yesterday and saw that I'd gotten you the worst thing for a gluten-free lifestyle. So feel free to return it - you should be able to - and I will get you something else fun for the kitchen. Since the cat is well out of the bag I'll go ahead and say that you will be getting additional gifts from locales non-Amazon, but I felt so bad about how sick you were, I wanted something to be on your doorstep!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    OH WELL!

Girl I got so bummed when I read your post yesterday and saw that I'd gotten you the worst thing for a gluten-free lifestyle. So feel free to return it - you should be able to - and I will get you something else fun for the kitchen. Since the cat is well out of the bag I'll go ahead and say that you will be getting additional gifts from locales non-Amazon, but I felt so bad about how sick you were, I wanted something to be on your doorstep!

NO WAY YOU ARE SO WRONG
    100% I think gluten-free waffles are so much better than gluten waffles. not even kidding. and our old model is one of those like, redeem store points for a free waffle iron things that is impossible to clean. so it is actually one of the best things you could have got me!

• Options
    Yeah, there are pretty decent storebought GF waffle mixes these days.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Also corn waffles

Which are the best kind of waffle

• Options
    On my twitter feed, I saw someone take leftover thanksgiving stuffing and put it in a waffle maker. Stuffing waffles.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    You can waffle almost anything. I did it with cookie dough a while ago and it was amazing. Leftover pizza is also super duper good.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I've only had the chance to have them once but mashed potato waffles are pretty good.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    My friend made mac and cheese waffles once. So unhealthy but it was amazing.

• Options
    okay you are all blowing my freaking mind right now

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jalapeno cheddar corn waffles with crema are my favorite sort of waffles, but doing a potato cheese batter and going for a loaded baked potato thing is also incredibly good.

I'm not really into sweet breakfast foods, so I've experimented with a lot of more savory alternatives.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    waffle posts: the best Satan gift of all

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    I had the idea to take leftover stuffing and mold/coat a layer of it around leftover turkey breast slices and deep frying them, but I did not put the idea into motion. Perhaps another time.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    okay you are all blowing my freaking mind right now

8-28-14-will-it-waffle-book-go.jpg
    I have the e book of this.

• Options
    I have not made anything else into waffles, but I have used waffles to make all sorts of sandwiches.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Satan, in case you're reading this

My US postal address is a shipping service across the border. If you track the gift, it will look like it's delivered, but I won't actually take possession of it until I cross the border to pick it up. So it might look like I'm ungrateful, but usually I'm just too busy for the 45 minute road trip.

• Options
    You hear that, Satan? He can't be bothered do deal with your generosity.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    I kid, mainly because trying to find ways to make #pipe look bad is my favorite new challenge because he is so danged perfect

in other christmas news, tonight I get to go see A Very John Waters Christmas live at the theater across the street from my work

8406wWN.png