As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    When I opened my PO box this afternoon, I was greeted with an acrid, sulfurous cloud of steam. Inside, throwing off a sickly green light was the following
    VH33Ek4.jpg
    ipkyNzE.jpg
    Thanks so much @Cello! Youre the best Satan out there (although, feeding a burgeoning board game addiction is super evil). Merry Christmas!

Yay!!! There should be one other package showing up that I meant for you and your daughter to share. Gotta boost those burgeoning STEM minds and all! It uh, is something I would have loved at that age.

It came last night! I will post a picture up this afternoon. Its so awesome! She loooooves stuff like that (she wants to build robotic prosthetics one day). This was the perfect gift! Thank you so much!

Yay!!! If you/her ever have questions about robots and STEM, let me know. I love doing outreach and am happy to advise!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    A package has arrived! I was gonna toss it under the tree and wait since christmas is so close but I had a long tiring day and I needed the pick me up.

31HYfCr.jpg
    Routine dog inspection
    t5UCpEa.jpg

It's a corgi pillow! Engel is not amused.
    CQkYB23.jpg

n2DAN5R.jpg
    UBJWvjE.jpg
    The resemblance is uncanny.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
    WgXVzDi.jpg

qDEdOWQ.jpg
    He is pretty cute, isn't he?

FtWkqxD.jpg
    Yessss, I'm pretty sure burgers are one of my top favorite foods. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this!

BUT WAIT, THERE'S STILL MORE
    MbGXC5O.jpg
    Fuck yeah, now I can catch up on all that sweet RB DLC I haven't bought yet!

Om1OMBL.jpg
    Thank you, @Naphtali! You're awesome and I love everything you sent!

Bonus christmas card picture
    z2j5DjZ.jpg

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    WHAT A GOOD DOGGIE

actually the sheer amount of people with dogs in their satan loot photos is A+ work, good job all around people

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite things about my dog: he will do anything for treats

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Corgis are the best

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    WHAT A GOOD DOGGIE

actually the sheer amount of people with dogs in their satan loot photos is A+ work, good job all around people

Yeah I think next year I might have to borrow a dog to take moody black and white photos with

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    FYI to my Satan, I am down in Miami visiting my folks for Christmas. I will be back on Tuesday and will review anything if it arrives then in the interim.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    After seeing Engel I couldn't help myself but to get some sort of corgi related gift

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Another package arrived! This one was definitely Satanic, as it encouraged me to blow things up.
    STcX0Mvl.jpg

It also revealed the identity of my Satan as @The Geek! Thank you very much for the gifts. The scarf will see action all winter long, the game will see action when I can convince my friends to let me teach them another game, and the pour shield saw action today:
    YVg6Kubl.jpg
    Look at all that stuff that would have been on my shirt, had it not been for the proper protection.

Again, thank you a very large amount. :D

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks again @Brolo (and @lonelyahava !) for keeping this going

And to @MrDoctorProfessor for the games and dice! I've finally got the ps3 set up so I should get to Red Dead shortly, but Wolfenstein: The Old Blood has been excellent so far.

Lady Noggin and I agreed that instead of gifts we'd splurge on a new TV for our living room, so we threw in Wolfenstein to break it in :mrgreen:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Naphtali wrote: »
    After seeing Engel I couldn't help myself but to get some sort of corgi related gift

As a corgi owner, I always appreciate dumb corgi stuff. One year Favlaud got me a solar powered corgi toy for my birthday that wiggles it's head back and forth. It's perfectly dumb and adorable just like a corgi.

Okami on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The ever-luminescent and most gracious @DaMoonRulz bestowed upon me the gifts of Dishonored 2 and 6180 the moon with the soundtrack! He also must have Veldrin under his spell because he had him draw a new avatar for me, click here and behold:

Thank you so much, DMR and @Veldrin

Platy on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My Satanee's gift should be arriving today! And I am going across the border to pickup I think another gift! Christmas keeps happening!

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Satan I have your gift.

Right now I am celebrating my grandfather's 99th birthday, but I'll get pics for everyone in a few hours.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got a box!

HAB0U9q.jpg

The box came from the new world, and it contained so many goodies...
    First up was a smaller box which smelled very nice. It was soap, which seemed like just a nice smelly gift until I opened the box and saw this

QzGaFFH.jpg

A hand sculpted rhino head soap! It's so adorable and cool I don't think I actually want to use it, but it smells so good that I kind of do.

Next were two jars!

ZHClauv.jpg

Ignoring how the phrase 'adult nut butter' makes me feel, these sound delicious. Spicy Thai peanut butter (oh my god) and chocolate almond butter. I predict these will have very short lives.

And then, some arts!

Svyldpw.jpg

These are so neat and pretty. I actually recently got a painting of a baobab tree silhouetted against a sunset in the same sort of colours so these will fit really nicely.

To follow, more jars!

yFirVHa.jpg

In case the labels aren't totally clear they say "Fear the strawberry reaper", "El Diablo's strawberry stinger" and "Blackberry inferno". They are fruit jellies containing extracts of ghost, viper, scorpion, and reaper peppers. Which all sound terrifying.

Additionally, a book!

htYPm4O.jpg

I have heard of this but never read it. I've never read the original Pride and Prejudice either. I assume this is an authentic reimagining.

Plus, another book!

G4qzMTz.jpg

A spiderperson other than spiderman? I did not know such a thing existed. This will be my first ever Marvel comic and I am excited to see what all the fuss is about.

Furthermore, a game!

DByL4VQ.jpg

I have never heard of this, having looked at it quickly I see it is one of them competitive card type games. I have played a bit of Netrunner and got merrily confused, I expect this will confuse me too but I bet it will be fun. Also included was an extra pack of Penny Arcade cards which is a neat touch.

And finally, a note!

lxQOdGo.jpg

It did. And thank you so much @Slacker71 ! This was some pro gift selection, I am very excited and hungry to enjoy all of these things. This was a lovely thing to come home to after visiting family and has really rounded out a thoroughly lovely christmas. Thank you!

• Options
    MY SATAN'S IDENTITY HAS BEEN REVEALED

I picked up a very large, but very light box from my mail service and inside were a bunch of home-made goodies! M&M Cookies in one and Reeses Pieces Cookies in another, and a huge slab of Peppermint Bark Fudge. All three are delicious and some are shaped like penises!

a note on the fudge directed me to a url, which I tried clicking on with my finger but the link was broken I guess

transcribing the link into a web browser yielded this

It's @GOATMON. I recognize that beard!
    Thank you so much, dude! I liked all the things very much! I was literally wearing the sweatshirt when I picked up the final gift and I'm sure I'll use the heck out of the camping chair when the weather permits doing things outside again!

• Options
    edited December 2016
    So I got a message a couple days ago saying I could expect my package to arrive a little after Christmas.

Well, it came today and it seriously more than I was ever expecting!

First peek:
    aq4cpcmlpvtd.jpg

Oh wow, that's quite a sight to be greeted with!

Taking from the top:
    cmem2mxq2kbg.jpg

Amazing! I have heard good things, but none of my friends have a copy! You can be sure that this will make an appearance at our next board-game night!

The Book:
    ncotcjv790xq.jpg

Oooh! I don't know if I specifically mentioned this in my wishlist post, but I love short story anthologies. I haven't read any Ted Chiang before, but I am very excited about this one. A cursory Google search shows he's associated with lots of authors/awards that I hold in high regard.

A small packet:
    1t05goz0pdnx.jpg

Wow! I never had lego growing up but I always wanted to play with my cousin's sets. This may seem like a small gift, but I really, really appreciate it. I love octopuses a whole lot <3

(Also, I know it's not Lego, but as someone who grew up without Lego all Lego-like products are Lego to me, okay?)

And finally:
    h23t8bka0fxu.jpg

k2yjlc45kdlo.jpg

Oh my goodness. This was the one thing I was most hoping to get and the one thing I was most prepared not to get. I broke my last headset years ago and never got around to finding a replacement. I have been using my inbuilt microphone for so long I really wanted something new. Thank you thank you thank you!

And who do I have to thank?
    qwgk8jc8cbk0.jpg

?

Oh!

lyty92z6l6m9.jpg

@#Pipe This is beyond generous. I gave you a, frankly, pretty vague list of interests with no link to a retailer or anything (I vow to treat my Satan better next year, but that's beside the point). You ran with the vague interests that I gave you and obviously put a lot of thought into it. I am so impressed and so grateful.

At the end of the day, I guess all I can say is Thank You!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    I'm so glad you like them! I held to a budget and tried to hit as many of your interest points as I could. Your wish post was great and you were fun to shop for!

• Options
    I already see why my parents didn't buy me Lego.
    I misconnected literally the first two blocks that I had to put together and couldn't get past step 2 for a good 15 minutes...

• Options
    nano blocks are hard! Take your time!

• Options
    The first two blocks!

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They're a pain in the grits to put together (and take apart) sometimes and they make my fingertips hurt after a while, but you can make some really neat things with nanoblocks. And the octopus is an awesome choice.
    You can do it!

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    And lo, a package didst arrive!
    d0rdt3633pfl.jpeg

It was opened!

quowygzmzbrs.jpeg

Within were treasures of animation!

4k5yfhgi9t1r.jpeg

And notes, hinting of more to come!

bdd1h5ms7n5j.jpeg

Perhaps the demonic gifted shall reveal themselves upon arrival of something soft and something handmade!

These are all marvelous gifts. I'm gonna have to watch those DVDs soon and read the bigger book for the smaller has already been read. Might need to bust out a blacklight and see if that works in the journal.

All of these are some of my most favorite cartoon series.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    You're welcome, @#Pipe! I'm glad you liked the gifts! :D

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I am back home so any packages that arrive will be collected promptly.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I went to Las Vegas over the weekend to hide from the holiday, and got back home last night, where I immediately fell asleep with my heavy winter clothes still on. When I woke up at 5:30 to get ready for work, I noticed a package outside of my bedroom. A very dense package, given how it made my weary old bones feel when I picked it up.

Anyway, I'll investigate fully and provide documentation thereof when I get home tonight! Thanks, Satan!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Speak of the devil (err.. Satan)

A wild package appears!
    2mvn4pvh2p2c.jpg
    And within, more box!
    sk9rjarpld87.jpg
    Hmm this isn't part of the gift, move kitten!
    7by4ziee4mav.jpg
    Awesome! Sweet, sweet vinyl!
    fpec7e2kxjhc.jpg
    And further still, so very awesome! Vinyl of the newest album of what is arguably my favorite band In Flames. Thank you Satan!
    klggdl2vzuhc.jpg

Thank you so much Secret Satan! I emphasize the secret part because they declined to identify themself -_-.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh good you got your records! Amazon is dumb when you don't have prime!

I'm also sending you the traditional gummy care package with a few other things in it sometime in January (I promise this year it will be in January)

• Options
    @Bucketman lol awesome you are the best! Just saw the wife off to work and now I'm about to sit down and spin up the In Flames album whilst I dive back into FFXV. Thank you!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    My Satanee's stuff shows DELIVERED

Phew and here I was worried I was going to have to do some detective work to figure out who RQ was!

I was expecting two packages this week so when I went home and there were three, I couldn't be sure if I had forgotten something else I had ordered or if it was Satan's dark work.

This is why the box is already technically open in this picture:

7bjs3Tfl.jpg
    As you can see the puppers are just as excited as i am.
    fUQkvG6l.jpg
    They even made me put it on the floor so they could investigate. We've already got some amazing gifting peaking out!

But enough puppers, here is the full haul on display!
    hHH348El.jpg
    All amazing gifts! I can not wait to watch these on my new TV!
    But the Widow's Walk is particularly great because my dad was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer and we have been trying to find ways where we can spend more time together having fun and he recently suggested board games. I was already thinking of Betrayal at House on the Hill but now I have even more haunts and reasons to share.

Thanks @Raijin Quickfoot !

Update: arranged a time to play Betrayal with my parents.

Got one of the new haunts, I was the traitor, I lost.

Parents had a great time

A++++ satans present.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't know if its Secret Satan related or not, but I haven't logged into Steam for a few and just noticed I received a gift copy of Doom from Amuni! Thank you! I have no idea who you are on the forums but I super appreciate the gift!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I played a little Doom last night

I really need to play more doom

does anyone else have the issue with the game where it totally bones up your resolution every time there's a patch? It's a weird issue, and not a big one, but it always gets reset to 640x480 after it patches for me.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

My phone doesn't want to let me attach photos to an email so I can send it to my tablet, so the full journey into the mysterious and surprising realm that was contained in this package will have to wait until I get that shit sorted out.

But holy crap, thank you! That is an enormous stack of new reading material, and I frankly don't know where to start, it all looks so good! And a lot of excellent whimsical drawings of Victorian Mouse Gentlemen as well!

I do feel weird that I know your actual name now, but not what forum person to associate with it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Went to my parent's house to go see Rogue One with my dad and came back to a very inconspicuous package. My father questioned the ordinary everyday package that had "SATAN" written on all four sides in big block letters but I assured him that the Dark Lord was bringing nothing but cheer. I'll get a proper gift get unpacking post going once I bring the bundle of darkness back to my apartment this evening.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I did a thing?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    edit cuz I'm annoying, and bad at goofing

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Was was fortold in the Amazon gift note prophecy, a soft gift did indeed arrive.
    yz38pwjirxiy.jpeg
    d9o8liny01rs.jpeg
    0iojv4i33fz2.jpeg

Good timing too, because today is Second Christmas (aka my birthday).

Very delightful and squishy!

Took a little bit to convince Joxer it wasn't for him.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

My phone doesn't want to let me attach photos to an email so I can send it to my tablet, so the full journey into the mysterious and surprising realm that was contained in this package will have to wait until I get that shit sorted out.

But holy crap, thank you! That is an enormous stack of new reading material, and I frankly don't know where to start, it all looks so good! And a lot of excellent whimsical drawings of Victorian Mouse Gentlemen as well!

I do feel weird that I know your actual name now, but not what forum person to associate with it.
    Hold on a second. . .

Yeah. Yeah, that was me.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    The Package! Bailey stands guard to see if any more of Satan's minions will come to the door.

7ce1xh60ntjt.jpg
    I tried to get her to inspect the package but she hasn't seen me in a while so I get a nose to the face instead.

6awsmgw6ojr3.jpg

Now in my own kitchen I open Beelzebub's gift to reveal... packing peanuts! I love these things!

q0cm19awrcxn.jpg

Oh! But also stuff (and things)!

1g5gywkiqekd.jpg

After a good deal of unwrapping (good job on packaging by the way, Satan) the contents are laid bare.

qz8m6zy55s4j.jpg

A whole bunch of stuff from Hi-Fi Brewing! Inside the box I found a growler, an insulated bag for transporting said growler, two growlettes with a handled carrier, a snifter glass, a cap (One with a decent curve in the bill too! I've been known to grumble about flat billed caps.), and two t-shirts. I'm a big fan of craft beer and all the cool breweries that have popped up around it and a quick Google search tells me that Hi-Fi is exactly the sort of place I'd frequent if I lived in the area. I've even been informed that there's yet another package coming soon and that this one will require an adult signature. Fortunately I happen to be an adult (legally anyway) so I'm very excited to see what's next. To be continued... -->

Thank you very much Satan!

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I have received packages!! But since I am deeply drunk and tired, I'll open them and post gifty stuff tomorrow!!