As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    In other news the Update to Read Only Memories, Dubbed 2064, has been released.

3hoav0or8nyw.jpg
    Greetings, CYBERPUNKS

The day has finally arrived: 2064: Read Only Memories is out now on PS4 and PC! Now you can enjoy this incredible update to our 2015 release Read Only Memories. What’s new? Full voice acting, updated puzzles, and a whole server farm worth of updates to the script, character emotions, music, and more!

We have nearly thirty voice actors, including BAFTA-nominated folks such as Melissa Hutchinson and Adam Harrington, huge game industry VO stars including Dave Fennoy and Erin Fitzgerald, gaming professionals like Jonathan Holmes and Zoe Quinn, and internet celebrities like Austin Creed (aka WWE’s Xavier Woods), Dan Ryckert, and Jim Sterling.

Not only that, but 2064: Read Only Memories also features: new and revamped puzzles! New animations! New characters! New areas to explore in the post-game “Endless Christmas” epilogue! Even more Hassy!!

There’s even an updated soundtrack and artbook for the deluxe version! Wow!

If you already own the original ROM, you get the update for FREE. If you purchased ROM through Steam, your copy will update to 2064: Read Only Memories automatically. You’ll know it’s ready for you when you see the name change to 2064: Read Only Memories. Just update and you’re good to go! If you purchased it through Itch.io, Humble or GOG, you’ll need to login to your account and download 2064: Read Only Memories. We will be replacing the old store files, so you will just need to login and redownload! It’s EZ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JKVvRWT-Ew

I really enjoyed the first version of ROM and encourage others to play if they want an engaging adventure game with a great story and setting, multiple endings and very few moon logic puzzles.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Thank you very much @Metallikat for the bundle of nostalgia that is the Police Quest Collection. Have fond memories of playing some of these games on my old Amiga 500! <3

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I feel like I should probably play the other Shadowrun material in my library to see if I like it before asking for Hong Kong.

Magrunner: Dark Pulse is Portalesque in somewhat the same way as Polarity is Portalesque; First person roughly physics-ish based puzzles. What Magrunner keeps more from Portal is shit being wrecked fairly shortly in, and all hell breaking loose. What it adopts from Polarity is the function of, well, polarity, that is to say repulsion of or attraction to objects via "magnetic" fields. However, Magrunner also has Cthulhu references. Like, I'm talking, over the loudspeaker at one point crackles the "cthulhu fhtagn" phrase, sort of chopped up. Also, though the main character is a semi-sarcastic white dude, the tone of the game is altogether more serious. I'm really digging it thus far, actually, but I'm honestly not too far in. Also, I keep getting these weird red lines in the textures, like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844725340

Edit: if anyone knows how to fix those red lines, I'd be forever grateful.

Try verifying your game install. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

I did both of those first. Neither had any effect (the files had no problems, the drivers were already up to date).

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Completely out of nowhere, @Custom Special sent me a key via Steam Chat.

It's Rust. I... have not had this happen in quite some time. I'm honestly completely shocked. Thank you so much, man. I will put it to good use.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Can we talk about what a fine sir that @sir carcass is? I came home to find Victor Vran waiting patiently in my inbox.

Thanks very much! I've been wanting to try this one for quite a while.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    What if I don't want to play the updated version of Read Only Memories?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9_Jd_0eDE

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Man, I had no idea Enter the Gungeon would be this tough. Died twice in the first level and called it quits. Is there anyway to heal outside of those red bullet icons that I'm missing?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Checked and it looks like you can turn off the Voice Overs but looks like all the rest is there to stay.

Edit: Looks like the bottom of the screen is a little cut off in fullscreen mode as well.

Karoz on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I feel like I should probably play the other Shadowrun material in my library to see if I like it before asking for Hong Kong.

Magrunner: Dark Pulse is Portalesque in somewhat the same way as Polarity is Portalesque; First person roughly physics-ish based puzzles. What Magrunner keeps more from Portal is shit being wrecked fairly shortly in, and all hell breaking loose. What it adopts from Polarity is the function of, well, polarity, that is to say repulsion of or attraction to objects via "magnetic" fields. However, Magrunner also has Cthulhu references. Like, I'm talking, over the loudspeaker at one point crackles the "cthulhu fhtagn" phrase, sort of chopped up. Also, though the main character is a semi-sarcastic white dude, the tone of the game is altogether more serious. I'm really digging it thus far, actually, but I'm honestly not too far in. Also, I keep getting these weird red lines in the textures, like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844725340

Edit: if anyone knows how to fix those red lines, I'd be forever grateful.

Try verifying your game install. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

I did both of those first. Neither had any effect (the files had no problems, the drivers were already up to date).

Try messing around with settings (try lower resolution textures) Also I check in the Steam discussion area to see if anyone else has had that problem and if the devs have anything to say about it.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Man, I had no idea Enter the Gungeon would be this tough. Died twice in the first level and called it quits. Is there anyway to heal outside of those red bullet icons that I'm missing?

It is kind of deceptive, because it seems super tough but its actually kind of short. So a lot of the games duration is about you getting better at it and getting a good roll of stuff.

Your healing is mostly going to come from beating bosses. Get REALLY good at them and you get a ton of health back.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »

It is kind of deceptive, because it seems super tough but its actually kind of short. So a lot of the games duration is about you getting better at it and getting a good roll of stuff.

Your healing is mostly going to come from beating bosses. Get REALLY good at them and you get a ton of health back.

When you say short, how short are we talking? 3-4 hours? 12-15?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Average Gungeon playthrough is under an hour.

• Options
    Apparently the whole game should be beatable in 1 hour when you can do so.

That is why you currently can't really end a game mid run. I think at least. I know I saw that the ability to do so was in development though.

I think there is a good amount of like, progression stuff you can find though to help on future entries. I dunno how any of that works yet though.

It is definitely a super hard game though. I consider myself pretty much really good at just about any vidya game challenge, and I rarely even get much into floor 2 right now.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Aw, you can't quit and resume in Enter the Gungeon? That's a shame. It always struck me as being pretty similar to The Binding of Isaac in many ways, and I guess I assumed they'd have a quit and resume feature like in BoI Rebirth.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    They are adding that feature but its currently on the beta branch and not part of the full game yet (among other things)

• Options
    Sounds like that patch should be hitting soon though (I looked it up)

But from the sound of it a full run of Gungeon is much faster than Isaac? I never played any form of Isaac so I dunno.

If you wondered how I have so many hours into Gungeon on my sig, well, thats what happened when I couldn't save mid run and had a really good one going into floor 2, then was too tired to play when I got home so it lasted into the next morning.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, Alien:Isolation is the first game to actually scare me.

Charlie is my favorite alien. The game's a buddy comedy, really.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, Alien:Isolation is the first game to actually scare me.

Charlie is my favorite alien. The game's a buddy comedy, really.

You're a liar, that game is terrifying.

Also, @Sir Carcass struck me at some point with Shadowrun: Hong Kong!

Thanks!

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I should be clear.....I mistyped earlier
    @Ed Gruberman pushed me over 500 games, xiers put at 500

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Sounds like that patch should be hitting soon though (I looked it up)

But from the sound of it a full run of Gungeon is much faster than Isaac? I never played any form of Isaac so I dunno.

If you wondered how I have so many hours into Gungeon on my sig, well, thats what happened when I couldn't save mid run and had a really good one going into floor 2, then was too tired to play when I got home so it lasted into the next morning.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth runs can be finished pretty quickly too. I'd say, on average, that it can be finished in an hour or so. Of course, it greatly depends on what items you get. I did have a run a week ago that went over 3 hours, but that's because I got insanely overpowered and basically had unlimited money and a shop that always restocked itself.

The original BoI did not have the suspend feature, and there were definitely a few times where I wished I could take a break.

I just passed the 500-hour mark in Binding of Isaac Rebirth this week. I guess you could say that I enjoy playing through it.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Nobody talking about the Gabe Newell AMA?

TLDR:
    Still explicitly being cagey about HL3 and the veracity of the leak reporting that it's dead.

Zek on
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

So to be clear, you're saying you're over halfway to a thousand?

• Options

So to be clear, you're saying you're over halfway to a thousand?

Isn't everybody?

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

TLDR:
    Still explicitly being cagey about HL3 and the veracity of the leak reporting that it's dead.

Holy shit!
    Why even have an AMA. They don't have anything to really talk about right now.

• Options

TLDR:

Holy shit!

I know!
    It's to make the fanboys froth and guess and spin conjecture so Valve can pretend to be something more than a storefront cashing in on other people's digital goods for a bit longer.
    Too harsh?

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    One hour into Stellaris and it was pretty hard to pull away. I can really see myself spending quite a few hours into this. Music's awesome and it's quite something to look at. Really relaxing having galaxies, stars and planets while you wait for research and construction.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Wait, what? Only an hour? Is there only 3 floors or something? Guess I'll give it another shot.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

TLDR:

Holy shit!

I know!
    It's to make the fanboys froth and guess and spin conjecture so Valve can pretend to be something more than a storefront cashing in on other people's digital goods for a bit longer.
    Too harsh?

Maybe a little; they did launch their VR stuff last year after all.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I got Batman: Telltale Series as a gift from friend not from this forum.

On the one hand, i like Telltale games, and im happy.

On the other, when i tried to play free first episode, performance was less than stellar (even though according to all logic it should run perfectly), and as far as i kniow it was never fixed.

I will definitely try to play entire series soon, but i really hope that random stuttering and loses of fps will not take me away from experience.

Also, yeah, Stellaris is awesome too, but for some reason i can't find an urge to play it again, knowing that we will soon get even more updates, patches and dlcs.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

TLDR:
    Too bad he didn't answer that one poster's question about pricing in local currencies as opposed to USD by default.

Although considering the poster worded it as only about Australian pricing, I guess it wasn't deemed a very important question. Maybe they should have addressed the issue on a international level instead of local. Wish I had known about the AMA earlier so I could have asked the question myself.

As an Australian myself though, I can super relate to the pricing issues, as there are usually instances where where games are priced to appear the same as local retail, but due to being in USD are actually priced higher when converted.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Wait, what? Only an hour? Is there only 3 floors or something? Guess I'll give it another shot.

5 Floors, once you get the basics down it moves by quickly.

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    @Sumanai gifted me Penguin Arena and Mechanic Escape just to bring my list of games up to a round 400, the classy maniac.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hyper Light Drifter finished. Much feels were had and not a single phrase of dialog was uttered. The dungeons, ahem, *puzzles* (?) still made me angry. I was only able to complete the south dungeon without imitating Youtube.

On the subject of twin-stick shooters, I played this at MAGfest. Dr. Spacezoo is unique in that there's a reason to hold your fire: rescuinng animals without shooting them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZr_tyaoTqI

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Really enjoying The Huntsman: Winter's Curse.

Nothing mind-blowing, but a beautiful art style, and the combat - cards, based on your equipment and accessories - is simple and satisfying. First Book of the game is free to play, so well worth a dabble to see if it tickles your fancy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

TLDR:

Holy shit!

I know!
    Too harsh?

Maybe a little; they did launch their VR stuff last year after all.

How are Steam Machines doing?

• Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    You know, CK2 isn't really all that complicated.

There's even a Newbie Island and everything!

And notifications to explain everything that's going on.

R9e48qB.png

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What's the problem there? It makes sense.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    One of my favorite little things about Crusader Kings 2 is how the name of places changes based on the culture that holds it (Jorvik vs York, for example). Also Count vs Earl vs Jarl.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    People seem to be liking this, but I have no interest in visual novels.

signature.png

And got this free on PS4, where I will probably not play it.

signature.png

A good morning reminder.

This discussion has been closed.