Options

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Must remember to save in Shadow Warrior after collecting keys. Assholes spawn en masse with those shadow warriors vomiting fire after jumping around corner.

ed Gruberman pushed me up to 500 games.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Oh also House of the Dying Sun is fucking lovely.

It's a bit of a slight offering compared to like Freespace, but damned if it isn't a nice game about shooting people in space. I just got to the first level that's tough on Easy, and I'm seeing myself getting more than a few hours of enjoyment out of going through on the different difficulties.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Drascin wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    Ooooh....Stelaris does look interesting.
    And its on sale?

*gets out wallet*

I should maybe finish other games firs-
    *hits purchase anyways*

YOU GUYS!

It does look rather interesting, but right now I'm in the middle of university exams and I most certainly shouldn't buy a strategy game. Plus honestly I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near smart enough to play Paradox games.

Oh I totally don't have time for it, and god I don't want another vicious learning curve game.

THIS IS USUALLY WHY I AVOID THIS THREAD!

Although previous to this was Stardew Valley, so....its not always bad.
    I mean, really its never bad. I just need to up my impulse control before delving in here.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Crusader Kings II is absolutely amazing.

It requires at least 20 hours to even begin understanding how to play correctly, but still

this is a title that i spent almost 500 hours on.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

It requires at least 20 hours to even begin understanding how to play correctly, but still

I don't think it's too complicated, but it's hard to come to grips with the fact that there's way too many variables and that sometimes it just goes stacked against you. Heck, I remember having to lock up my in-law because she wanted me dead, even though I was growing the damn empire my son would've inherited later.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh also House of the Dying Sun is fucking lovely.

It's a bit of a slight offering compared to like Freespace, but damned if it isn't a nice game about shooting people in space. I just got to the first level that's tough on Easy, and I'm seeing myself getting more than a few hours of enjoyment out of going through on the different difficulties.

I just wish there was a full campaign there. He nailed the gameplay and the aesthetics.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I can't quite explain why but suddenly I want to rush home, install Crusader Kings 2, and finally learn to play this thing.

Dammit.

I want to start a new game now even though I've put over 300 hours into it. There's still a ton of stuff I haven't even done in the game, like play a Muslim or a Raja or a trade republic, but playing as a conquering viking is too much fun.

I'm really waiting for the upcoming DLC so I can conquer the world in the name of Satan.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I know I'm travelling back in time here, but Gish is not a good game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie

You know, CK2 isn't really all that complicated.

There's even a Newbie Island and everything!

More generally, I'm happy to help out with any CK2 questions anyone has. One of my favorite games ever.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    OK Pony Island, you totally got me:
    The bit where it prompts you type something disgusting into the text prompt then makes it appear to have sent it to a steam friend (complete with chat notifications at the bottom) really had me going, especially since it picked a work colleague.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

Yeah, I powered through until, like, stage 2-7, 3-2? Something like that. Then I uninstalled it and tossed it in my "retired" games, that is to say I clicked the checkbox that hides the unworthy among my library.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Also, @Ed Gruberman has added to my backlog with Victor Vran. Thanks! :heartbeat:
    In keeping with the Backlog group's rules, I accepted it only because I've beaten more than 3 games since my last gift accepted. Woo for self control! :wink:

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Is Stronghold Crusader 2 actually decent?

I really like the idea of building little castles and such but I feel like there were 8 of those games released and I don't remember if any of them were really well received.

The little I've played I've enjoyed. But then again I just really crave town builders with scenarios rather than always "make really good town."

I can't fully recommend it though since I haven't played that much so I don't know how much depth or variety to the game there actually is.

As for CK2, I apparently have 67 hours played and I still have no fucking idea what I'm doing in that game.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Drovek wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »

I don't think it's too complicated, but it's hard to come to grips with the fact that there's way too many variables and that sometimes it just goes stacked against you. Heck, I remember having to lock up my in-law because she wanted me dead, even though I was growing the damn empire my son would've inherited later.

A big part of it is that it looks like a grand strategy game and can turn into one but you have to have smaller and more immediate goals and the definition of immediate can vary. It's a game where it's totally fine for a ruler to not involve themselves in any wars or schemes for 10 years or more just so they can save up money to build the next economy building or raise up an heir. Way of Life has made those quieter times a lot more involved mind but if you've done your homework having long periods of not much going on can happen often. And even more so if you've helped set things up so that you're stable while the rest of Europe is dealing with succession crises and imbecile rulers . . . still quite proud of those games where some plotting ensured an idiot took over the HRE and the constant civil wars kept them in check or that time the heretic caliph suddenly found himself with no one else between him and the title and crippled the Muslims' ability to declare jihad for quite a while.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    "Pixelated Pixie"

You know, CK2 isn't really all that complicated.

There's even a Newbie Island and everything!

More generally, I'm happy to help out with any CK2 questions anyone has. One of my favorite games ever.

My pokemans vassals, let me show you them.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I'm on the Stellaris hype train. I've never played a real time 4X before, albeit with pausing.

Sol looks pretty...I should probably stop staring at it.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »

Yeah, I powered through until, like, stage 2-7, 3-2? Something like that. Then I uninstalled it and tossed it in my "retired" games, that is to say I clicked the checkbox that hides the unworthy among my library.

Gish came out at a time when indie games were a lot less common. It's really tough going back and playing some of the titles from that era.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Stellaris' soundtrack is really good.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Does the Humble Bundle still give individual keys or does it automatically register to your account? I can't remember. I'm interested in Stronghold Crusader but not really the other games and would like to just give them away.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Isorn wrote: »
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/ArtOfStealth/announcements/detail/690574607309027725
    Concerning Art of Stealth

We (Valve) have identified unacceptable behavior involving multiple Steam accounts controlled by the developer of this game, Matan Cohen. The developer appears to have created multiple Steam accounts to post a positive review for their own game. This is a clear violation of our review policy and something we take very seriously.

For these reasons, we are ending our business relationship with Matan Cohen and removing this game from sale. If you have previously purchased this game, it will remain accessible in your Steam library.

Hah.

I've never been a big Sterling fan (to me he's like a shock jock for video games) but the devs he goes after always end up making him look like a saint

Companies have destroyed themselves trying to fight Sterling. Meanwhile, the FNAF dude took criticism from various people (including Sterling) to heart and wound up becoming incredibly successful.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Stellaris' soundtrack is really good.

Yea cop that soundtrack if you want some epic space music.

I play that shit when I get into my car to embark on a life-defining adventure through the universe to the nearest Taco Bell.

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Does the Humble Bundle still give individual keys or does it automatically register to your account? I can't remember. I'm interested in Stronghold Crusader but not really the other games and would like to just give them away.

I'm pretty sure that the only time keys could be bundled together by tier, is if the humble bundle is for 1 publisher/company. They don't automatically register to your account, never have. At one point, they had the feature to add keys from your humble library directly to your steam account via a button, which they don't do anymore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I've played like one real game of CK2 and spent 100+ hours on it. I had to look away, I've barely even touched the meat of various DLCs, and the Viking stuff sounds real good.
    I'm not sure I would say it isn't complicated. It's kind of like learning it's language. Once you get how it's showing you info then it all becomes a bit self explanatory. But before that it's just a wall of nonsense.
    It doesn't help that the game does a terrible job of teaching you itself. In fact I think the DLC I had outright broke the tutorial.
    But some Youtube explanatory videos got me on my way and my little dynasty not only united the Empire of Brittania but also took over large portions of modern day Italy and Spain during a few different crusades, until a windfall inheritance suddenly made the Emperor of Britannia also the ruler of the Holy Roman Empire. At that point the difficulty was so low it didn't even read on the scale. I called that success (the Britannia thing was my initial goal) and moved on. But yeah those kinds of games are black holes of free time.

• Options
    These are a couple of years old now but should still mostly apply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJJuv1hvM&amp;list=PLH-huzMEgGWBBUYoAjpLxFkbgFw19CeA_

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Oh. Stellaris is on sale. I missed that memo.

Well, that's problematic.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've tried playing Gish a few times and never enjoyed it. It's more fun to play as Gish in Super Meat Boy or killing it in The Binding of Isaac.

• Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    @Sir Carcass gifted me Rust out of the blue! What a classy gent!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I think, but I'm not sure, that I just played Stellaris for 6 hours straight...and I haven't eaten yet today.

I need to stop. Holy shit is it addicting.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Svevin wrote: »
    Sir Carcass gifted me Rust out of the blue! What a classy gent!

And @Svevin gave me Golf With Your Friends right back. Thank you!

Now I just need to find some friends.

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    This is my latest entry in the "please take my extra codes" saga. Send me a PM with the game you'd like.

Rust
    Stronghold Crusader 2
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight® Myster
    Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father®
    Gabriel Knight® 3
    King's Quest® Collection
    Phantasmagoria 1 and 2
    Volume
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Broken Age

Metallikat on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Somebody had better fucking claim Grim Fandango!

• Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    I've had it my list the past couple of times and no one's come for it yet. Kind of surprised, actually.

• Options
    @Sir Carcass saw fit to drop me a link for Evoland II! I really dug the first one, so hopefully this one will be good too. :heartbeat:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I feel like I should probably play the other Shadowrun material in my library to see if I like it before asking for Hong Kong.

Magrunner: Dark Pulse is Portalesque in somewhat the same way as Polarity is Portalesque; First person roughly physics-ish based puzzles. What Magrunner keeps more from Portal is shit being wrecked fairly shortly in, and all hell breaking loose. What it adopts from Polarity is the function of, well, polarity, that is to say repulsion of or attraction to objects via "magnetic" fields. However, Magrunner also has Cthulhu references. Like, I'm talking, over the loudspeaker at one point crackles the "cthulhu fhtagn" phrase, sort of chopped up. Also, though the main character is a semi-sarcastic white dude, the tone of the game is altogether more serious. I'm really digging it thus far, actually, but I'm honestly not too far in. Also, I keep getting these weird red lines in the textures, like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844725340

Edit: if anyone knows how to fix those red lines, I'd be forever grateful.

Kalnaur on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Ok Steam thread, I need some recommendations.

I'd like a dual-stick, top down shooter with 4 player local co-op. Preferably bullethell. I've looked at Crimsonland, but the graphics don't wow me. Already own Gauntlet, so Neon Chrome doesn't look like what I want either. Halp.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Metallikat wrote: »
    This is my latest entry in the "please take my extra codes" saga. Send me a PM with the game you'd like.

Rust
    Stronghold Crusader 2
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
    The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight® Myster
    Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father®
    Gabriel Knight® 3
    King's Quest® Collection
    Phantasmagoria 1 and 2
    Police Quest™ Collection
    Dungeons 2
    Volume
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Broken Age

@Metallikat tossed me Victor Vran, blame someone in this thread for making it sound like a good time. I think I might sit down and jump into that tonight. I need to stop logging on to Overwatch and saying "just a few rounds" at some point.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    akjak wrote: »
    Ok Steam thread, I need some recommendations.

I'd like a dual-stick, top down shooter with 4 player local co-op. Preferably bullethell. I've looked at Crimsonland, but the graphics don't wow me. Already own Gauntlet, so Neon Chrome doesn't look like what I want either. Halp.

I have come to spread the good word of Assault Android Cactus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSuLRlzT5I

Karoz on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I feel like I should probably play the other Shadowrun material in my library to see if I like it before asking for Hong Kong.

Magrunner: Dark Pulse is Portalesque in somewhat the same way as Polarity is Portalesque; First person roughly physics-ish based puzzles. What Magrunner keeps more from Portal is shit being wrecked fairly shortly in, and all hell breaking loose. What it adopts from Polarity is the function of, well, polarity, that is to say repulsion of or attraction to objects via "magnetic" fields. However, Magrunner also has Cthulhu references. Like, I'm talking, over the loudspeaker at one point crackles the "cthulhu fhtagn" phrase, sort of chopped up. Also, though the main character is a semi-sarcastic white dude, the tone of the game is altogether more serious. I'm really digging it thus far, actually, but I'm honestly not too far in. Also, I keep getting these weird red lines in the textures, like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844725340

Edit: if anyone knows how to fix those red lines, I'd be forever grateful.

Try verifying your game install. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, trying to get past these Average Joes sucks.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, trying to get past these Average Joes sucks.

https://youtu.be/1ZXHsNqkDI4

This discussion has been closed.