Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh good, Trump is getting into religion now.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    We will be protected by God.

*sigh*

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    And bam - right there.

That line, we need to clip that one. "Constantly complaining but never doing anything about it" - that needs to be thrown in his face for the next 4 years.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Trump has been suggesting police brutality. His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" and will be able to to what is needed against thugs.

It is something Trump has repeatedly suggested even if he refuses to call it police brutality.

His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" - point me to where he said that, that is very interesting

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    what the fuck is this weird technology pivot

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »
    Welp

It was a nice country while it lasted

Was it really though?

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    And now we're into infomercial territory.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oh hey it's a vision of America as a wasteland. Apparently the US is a post-apocalyptic hellhole.

the "untraditional" parts, sure

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Trump has been suggesting police brutality. His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" and will be able to to what is needed against thugs.

It is something Trump has repeatedly suggested even if he refuses to call it police brutality.

His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" - point me to where he said that, that is very interesting

He wants to restart stop and frisk.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    what the fuck is this weird technology pivot

The one bright spot: NASA will probably have no problem getting funding to build the biggest rockets, the best rockets - people will talk about great our rockets are.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    ... We stand at the doorstep of a new millenium? It's 2017, donnie, we're not at the doorstep of anything.

Plus you're cribbing from Bulworth, so fuck you.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    it's actually harder for me to listen to trump reading a speech than his normal talking points

whoever wrote this speech should never have taken a pen to paper in their life

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    "Ready to unlock the mysteries of space..."

This is a bizarre speech, just a rambling grab bag of platitudes and tough talk and utter bullshit.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This patriotism is actually really starting to sound scary. Like.. he's trying to be inclusive, but... ugh. It feels like he's building a case for a religious purge of all other countries.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I want to find whoever wrote this for him and slap him or her in the face.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    it's actually harder for me to listen to trump reading a speech than his normal talking points

-Trump wrote this speech-

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

Fuck

The solution to gang violence and crime is to provide opportunities to those that would join the gang so they don't see joining the gang as a viable opportunity to get survive and get ahead in life.

This is not Trump's approach. Trump's approach is Law and Order, aka crack down on those n*****s.

• Options
    Christ the look on Obama's face.

• Options
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Ocean to ocean? You think there would be a better way to phrase that in context.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    really nuanced and intelligent speech there

• Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So sad... Seeing Bill and Obama in the background.... :sad:

Armoroc on
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Damn. Only 20 minutes. Was hoping for an hour. In the cold rain.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    'Whether we are black or white or brown we all bleed the same red blood of patriots'

Uh could you have maybe picked a less ominous phrasing

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Ocean to ocean? You think there would be a better way to phrase that in context.

something about shining maybe? tie it back to the previous bit?

I dunno, I'm spitballing here

• Options

Fuck

The solution to gang violence and crime is to provide opportunities to those that would join the gang so they don't see joining the gang as a viable opportunity to get survive and get ahead in life.

This is not Trump's approach. Trump's approach is Law and Order, aka crack down on those n*****s.

I could have sworn he said he wanted to bring better education and job opportunities to the communities most underserved.

Maybe I just heard what i wanted to hear though, I dunno.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Watch as Joe wipes off his hand after shaking Trump's.

The look on his face.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Well, the speech could have been worse.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    "When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for prejudice"

Uhhh

Fucking seriously?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Uhhh

Oh wow

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

One of his major supporters compared me to ISIS. Yesterday. Members of his cabinet support torturing kids like I was.

He repeats lies from white supremacist organizations and spent YEARS being racist against Obama.

Plank from your own eye, etc.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So, yeah. If the draft is reinstated I'm gone, along with anyone from here who wants to come with me.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    "Good job." Was it, though?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »

Uhhh

Fucking seriously?

Seriously!

Down with prejudice!

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

-Trump wrote this speech-

I have my doubts.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Well, the speech could have been worse.

It was short.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Fuck

I could have sworn he said he wanted to bring better education and job opportunities to the communities most underserved.

Maybe I just heard what i wanted to hear though, I dunno.

I have never seen nor heard him nor of him mention improving education in any way, ever.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

I love you all.

This is not as inspirational as you think it is

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    "Ready to unlock the mysteries of space..."

This is a bizarre speech, just a rambling grab bag of platitudes and tough talk and utter bullshit.

"We're going to begin the Galactic Initiative to find Palkia and make him pay for all our space R&D, it'll be the best R&D, just absolutely fantastic."

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    So, yeah. If the draft is reinstated I'm gone, along with anyone from here who wants to come with me.

It's the definition of political suicide.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.