Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    So, yeah. If the draft is reinstated I'm gone, along with anyone from here who wants to come with me.

But.. but.. Service guarantees citizenship! :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    So I assume it's over? Anyone able to provide the Cliff's Notes for those of us who didn't watch it?

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Rehab wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    "When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for prejudice"

Uhhh

Fucking seriously?

Seriously!

Down with prejudice!

Down with bad things!

How?

With good things!

Oh, ok.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    So I assume it's over? Anyone able to provide the Cliff's Notes for those of us who didn't watch it?

Ugh.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    This patriotism is actually really starting to sound scary. Like.. he's trying to be inclusive, but... ugh. It feels like he's building a case for a religious purge of all other countries.

Because the attempts at inclusiveness are inherently at odds with everything else. And half of everything else is at odds with the other half of everything else like the mish mash of "America-first" rhetoric that does not work well with the Christianity stuff that doesn't work well with the capitalism stuff.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

This is not as inspirational as you think it is

I'm inspired to not be prejudiced and I hope it inspires others not to be prejudiced.

What would you like it to be instead?

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

Uhhh

Fucking seriously?

Seriously!

Down with prejudice!

Down with prejudice!

Musim registry!

Loud noises!

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    "It started to rain when you took the platform" I just threw up in my mouth.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So, yeah. If the draft is reinstated I'm gone, along with anyone from here who wants to come with me.

It's the definition of political suicide.

Trump doesn't care. He WANTS political suicide.

Forced patriotism. Love the US or...

Heh. People couldn't keep a straight face at the comment that rain represents blessings from God.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

It is if you are a nationalist.

If you are not a nationalist it just seems like another form of prejudice.

The speech was basically "NATIONALISM."

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    "In the bible, rain is a sign of god's blessing."

Or, you know, cleansing wrath, in the case of the flood. The bible says everything and nothing.

• Options

I love you all.

I'm inspired to not be prejudiced and I hope it inspires others not to be prejudiced.

Instead of asking me a silly question you're sure is a very clever little trap indeed, what do you think prejudice is?

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular

It was his greatest hits. America is bad. Washington is corrupt. I will save you. I will make America great again.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular

I love you all.

I'd like him and the people he appoints to believe it. They don't.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's the definition of political suicide.

Why should that threaten Trump? Literally nothing which was supposed to be political suicide has been so far for him. His support base is all old people who wouldn't be a part of it.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

I love you all.

Not wrapped in a racist, sexist, despotic taco preferably. It sort of tastes like shit this way.

• Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    Did anyone catch Eric Trump smiling? If they're doing a prequel for Goonies, I think we got a good candidate for Sloth.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    "It started to rain when you took the platform" I just threw up in my mouth.
    Acknowledging reality is technically a step forward.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular

I mean, read through the last few pages of this thread

Obama is awful - Oh my god, have you even looked at this country? It's surprising we're even still here. We suck! Worst country ever.
    Populism - Yeah guys! You run things, totally! It's your country now! *Hey Rex, you're making sure none of them can actually do anything, right?*
    America First - We aren't going to "interfere" with the rest of the world, we're just going to shine and hope they follow. When we have to work with them, we're going to exclusively put our needs first and assume everyone else is doing the same
    Patriotism - U S A ! U S A ! U S A !

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

The solution to gang violence and crime is to provide opportunities to those that would join the gang so they don't see joining the gang as a viable opportunity to get survive and get ahead in life.

This is not Trump's approach. Trump's approach is Law and Order, aka crack down on those n*****s.

I could have sworn he said he wanted to bring better education and job opportunities to the communities most underserved.

Maybe I just heard what i wanted to hear though, I dunno.

Hahahahaha haha. Oh my poor, sweet summer child.

If you think Betsy DeVos will improve inner city education, ask Detroit how that worked out.

Veevee on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    "In the bible, rain is a sign of god's blessing."

Or, you know, cleansing wrath, in the case of the flood. The bible says everything and nothing.

Oh I dunno, the Sermon on the Mount is pretty unambiguous I think.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    So the Rabbi used Psalm 137 in his blessing. That's...ominous.
    By the rivers of Babylon we sat and wept
    when we remembered Zion.
    2 There on the poplars
    we hung our harps,
    3 for there our captors asked us for songs,
    our tormentors demanded songs of joy;
    they said, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!”
    4 How can we sing the songs of the Lord
    while in a foreign land?
    5 If I forget you, Jerusalem,
    may my right hand forget its skill.
    6 May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth
    if I do not remember you,
    if I do not consider Jerusalem
    my highest joy.
    7 Remember, Lord, what the Edomites did
    on the day Jerusalem fell.
    “Tear it down,” they cried,
    “tear it down to its foundations!”
    8 Daughter Babylon, doomed to destruction,
    happy is the one who repays you
    according to what you have done to us.
    9 Happy is the one who seizes your infants
    and dashes them against the rocks.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular

Uhhh

Fucking seriously?

Seriously!

Down with prejudice!

You have to really suspend your disbelief when it comes to that man saying "there is no room for prejudice" and actually meaning it.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    Did anyone catch Eric Trump smiling? If they're doing a prequel for Goonies, I think we got a good candidate for Sloth.

All I can think of is the SNL opening this last weekend, when I see him.

"And I'm Eric!"

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    There are two ways to ameliorate division

1) build consensus
    2) abolish dissent

what seems more likely

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    Ok, I get the sniffing now. He doesn't take takes enough pauses coke to not inhale normally.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Well, it's been like fifteen minutes and we haven't blown ourselves, or anyone else up quite yet. So that's something to be proud of.

• Options

I love you all.

Instead of asking me a silly question you're sure is a very clever little trap indeed, what do you think prejudice is?

Well I guess we could just ask each other questions?

I'll go with:

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

but i'll use your definition and want that prejudice to go away too if you prefer!

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Is that good singing? It doesn't sound good.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Second place talent show singer giving second place talent show rendition of the national anthem. Appropriate.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    It feels like a funeral.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Well, it's been like fifteen minutes and we haven't blown ourselves, or anyone else up quite yet. So that's something to be proud of.

Well, Trump did say that he wouldn't officially start the job until Monday. We still have the weekend.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

It sort of is in a way!

for an entire nation

• Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Michelle Obama looks like she is attending a funeral. Sad face during anthem.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

It sort of is in a way!

for an entire nation

Don't forget America's soon former allies!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

Well, Trump did say that he wouldn't officially start the job until Monday. We still have the weekend.

as I brought up last night with some friends

Trump doesn't actually get to decide how this works

he's the president now, if shit happens, he has to work on it

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

Haven't gangs been on the decline for like years?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I think Trump was trying to shove a bunch of one liners into his speech.

Like that weird blood of patriots thing.

He's been so concerned with his election being seen as "historical". I think he thinks those lines will be remembered.

When really, it was just a weird speech that made most people squint a lot.

• Options
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I remember Trump had a plan to defeat ISIS. The best plan. Guaranteed to work. He'd totally crush ISIS.

But he wouldn't tell anyone his plan to destroy ISIS because then somebody else would steal it and take the credit.

Well, Trump's president now.

I'm sure he'll announce his fool-proof, guaranteed-to-work ISIS-obliterating plan any second now. And it'll be terrific.

WotanAnubis on
This discussion has been closed.