Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Well, it's been like fifteen minutes and we haven't blown ourselves, or anyone else up quite yet. So that's something to be proud of.

Well, Trump did say that he wouldn't officially start the job until Monday. We still have the weekend.

I fucking forgot that.

Allah Buddha and Fucking Christ.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

Haven't gangs been on the decline for like years?

time to point out once again that gangs came about because of a lack of police protection in minority neighborhoods

and that they've started to return to that function in the last few years

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Has there even been a worse or more vain inauguration speech?

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I remember Trump had a plan to defeat ISIS. The best plan. Guaranteed to work. He'd totally crush ISIS.

But he wouldn't tell anyone his plan to destroy ISIS because then somebody else would steal it and take the credit.

Well, Trump's president now.

I'm sure he'll announce his fool-proof, guaranteed-to-work ISIS-obliterating plan any second now. And it'll be terrific.

"deport all muslims"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I think Trump was trying to shove a bunch of one liners into his speech.

Like that weird blood of patriots thing.

He's been so concerned with his election being seen as "historical". I think he thinks those lines will be remembered.

When really, it was just a weird speech that made most people squint a lot.

I have a feeling they'll be remembered, but

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I remember Trump had a plan to defeat ISIS. The best plan. Guaranteed to work. He'd totally crush ISIS.

But he wouldn't tell anyone his plan to destroy ISIS because then somebody else would steal it and take the credit.

I'm sure he'll announce his fool-proof, guaranteed-to-work ISIS-obliterating plan any second now. And it'll be terrific.

"deport all muslims"

I'm sure even Trump is aware that ISIS has at least some territory in some place outside the US.

Maybe in Mexico or something.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    I think Trump was trying to shove a bunch of one liners into his speech.

Like that weird blood of patriots thing.

He's been so concerned with his election being seen as "historical". I think he thinks those lines will be remembered.

When really, it was just a weird speech that made most people squint a lot.

I have a feeling they'll be remembered, but

America was great and then this fucker named Nero came around.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thinking about it, I guess ignorant, scared, greedy, stupid and belligerent assholes would have loved that speech.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Trace wrote: »
    So we're in some fucking trouble I think yeah.

I mean yeah no this guy is Hitler. There will be riots tonight I think.

I'd be a little disappointed in my country if there weren't

Sleep on
  • Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    I honestly don't think the speech was "bad" per se

It was a blatant and constant appeal to nationalism, but I think it hit most of the right notes if you are of that mindset

idk

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »
    I honestly don't think the speech was "bad" per se

It was a blatant and constant appeal to nationalism, but I think it hit most of the right notes if you are of that mindset

idk

Yea, you can't be racist if you love your country is exactly what his people want to hear right now.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular

Supports Israel, has Jewish relatives...

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

"deport all muslims"

I'm honestly still worried come Monday the news will "Trump talked out of nuclear option with ISIS".

Then it's okay. I set a clock till the economy collapses in a few years and takes my country's with it.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

We already know his plan

it's to let Putin ethnically cleanse everything to keep Assad in power

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    imdointhis wrote: »

Man I don't get it.

We know.

I Zimbra on
  • Options

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.
    I think the comparison is because of the level of nationalist ideology displayed in the speech, not because of anti-semitism

I don't think the comparison is especially useful, though.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    How are we going to eliminate Radical Islamic Terrorism from the face of the earth?

Genocide

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    How are we going to eliminate Radical Islamic Terrorism from the face of the earth?

Genocide

Ah, going for the Radical Terrorism route. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

We already know his plan

Ethnic cleansing is not what is happening in Syria. If anything, that's closer to the situation in Iraq, with US air support, although I still wouldn't describe it that way.

• Options

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.

It was a sheriff star......

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

You and Trump are not on the same side.

He got here largely because of the prejudices against Mexicans, Muslims, women, etc that him and his base share. We're talking about someone who was endorsed by the KKK and who, after November 8th, witnessed the same thing that we all did: people emboldended to commit hate crimes because of the win of their preferred presidential candidate. That is what his win inspired.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    First document up on the new WH web site is about eliminating the Climate Action Plan and exploiting shale, oil, and natural gas reserves on Federal land.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.
    I think the comparison is because of the level of nationalist ideology displayed in the speech, not because of anti-semitism

I don't think the comparison is especially useful, though.

He says (white) American instead of Aryan.

And wants to kill all Muslims and most Mexicans, but not Jewish. They're for... what was it? Counting his money. Because he doesn't trust black people.

Completely different.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Rehab wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

He got here largely because of the prejudices against Mexicans, Muslims, women, etc that him and his base share. We're talking about someone who was endorsed by the KKK and who, after November 8th, witnessed the same thing that we all did: people emboldended to commit hate crimes because of the win of their preferred presidential candidate. That is what his win inspired.

Weird, I thought he got there because people were sick of being unemployed because their jobs were being sent overseas.

*shrug*

whadda i know.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Well, it's official; orange is the new black.

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.

It's not semites but Muslims and "uppity" blacks (he has no problem if they "know their place") that this Hitler hates.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

We already know his plan

Ethnic cleansing is not what is happening in Syria. If anything, that's closer to the situation in Iraq, with US air support, although I still wouldn't describe it that way.

Maybe not ethnic but population cleansing. Putin and Assad basically just reduced a city of 2 million people to a burning cinder.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Make drugs legal then regulate the shit out of them so as to reduce risk to those addicted, treat addiction as a medical problem, and allow those gangs to become legit businesses. Gang violence drops as they can call local and federal agencies when people start fucking with their paper, and drug deaths drop as they have outside forces regulating their habit.

Easy fucking solution.

• Options
    Holy crap, Michelle looks absolutely forlorned whIle walking to the helicopter.

• Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

Weird, I thought he got there because people were sick of being unemployed because their jobs were being sent overseas.

*shrug*

whadda i know.

You do realize that the voters who cared the most about the economy voted for Hillary right?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Someone tell me they can read lips and then tell me everything Chucky said.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    What nation does Trump think he just became President of? Because I certainly don't recognize this dystopian landscape he's describing. Not yet, at least.

This was posted in the Political Media thread but it remains relevant:
    https://egbertowillies.com/2016/12/09/rachel-maddow-poll-trump-voter-reality/
    Rachel then pivoted to issue after issue where a large percentage of Trump voters were severely misinformed. They live in a virtually fact-free or made-up-fact environment.

The stock market under President Obama soared. The Dow Jones Industrial average went from 7,949.09 to 19,614.91, again, up 11,665.72. In other words, it more than doubled. 39% of Trump voters think the stock market went down under Obama.

Unemployment dropped from 7.8% to 4.6% during the Obama administration. Clinton, Johnson, Stein and other voters are well aware of that fact.

But not Donald Trump voters; 67% of them believe unemployment rose under President Obama.

Rachel continued.

40% of Trump voters believe that Donald Trump won the popular vote.
    60% of Trump voters believe that millions voted illegally for Clinton.
    73% of Trump voters believe that George Soros paid Trump protesters.
    29% of Trump voters believe California vote should not be included in the popular vote.

The nation he thinks he's leading is the one his supporters think they live in which is the one he and the right-wing media bubble created. It's the one that explains alot of their behaviour.

It's also one that's not real.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.
    Grab 'em by the pussy.

-President Donald J. Trump

• Options

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Make drugs legal then regulate the shit out of them so as to reduce risk to those addicted, treat addiction as a medical problem, and allow those gangs to become legit businesses. Gang violence drops as they can call local and federal agencies when people start fucking with their paper, and drug deaths drop as they have outside forces regulating their habit.

Easy fucking solution.

That sounds like an excellent solution that I would support 100%

• Options

Fuck

Easy fucking solution.

God-Emperor Sleep, how may I serve thee?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Pfffhahahaha he can't even steal things correctly.

Generally the goal of theft is to NOT get caught, you bumbling pillock! Heehee.

• Options
    LoisLane wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

You do realize that the voters who cared the most about the economy voted for Hillary right?

I don't realize that because I don't think it's true, but that's just my opinion and I have no consensus data so it'd be conjecture at best on my part.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    After Trump was elected, graffiti appeared around my town

"Kill all fags"
    "Gas the Jews"
    "Fuck all N******"
    "Trump 2016"

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    LoisLane wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

I don't realize that because I don't think it's true, but that's just my opinion and I have no consensus data so it'd be conjecture at best on my part.

Well you are in good company then.

This discussion has been closed.