Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    So I assume it's over? Anyone able to provide the Cliff's Notes for those of us who didn't watch it?

I didn't watch it, but it sounds like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMSHvgaUWc8

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Pfffhahahaha he can't even steal things correctly.

Generally the goal of theft is to NOT get caught, you bumbling pillock! Heehee.

It's not theft anymore, it's presidential behavior.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    LoisLane wrote: »
    Rehab wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

You and Trump are not on the same side.

He got here largely because of the prejudices against Mexicans, Muslims, women, etc that him and his base share. We're talking about someone who was endorsed by the KKK and who, after November 8th, witnessed the same thing that we all did: people emboldended to commit hate crimes because of the win of their preferred presidential candidate. That is what his win inspired.

Weird, I thought he got there because people were sick of being unemployed because their jobs were being sent overseas.

*shrug*

whadda i know.

You do realize that the voters who cared the most about the economy voted for Hillary right?

I don't realize that because I don't think it's true, but that's just my opinion and I have no consensus data so it'd be conjecture at best on my part.

We do have data.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

He got here largely because of the prejudices against Mexicans, Muslims, women, etc that him and his base share. We're talking about someone who was endorsed by the KKK and who, after November 8th, witnessed the same thing that we all did: people emboldended to commit hate crimes because of the win of their preferred presidential candidate. That is what his win inspired.

Weird, I thought he got there because people were sick of being unemployed because their jobs were being sent overseas.

*shrug*

whadda i know.

You do realize that the voters who cared the most about the economy voted for Hillary right?

I don't realize that because I don't think it's true, but that's just my opinion and I have no consensus data so it'd be conjecture at best on my part.

Boy it's a good thing Trump has a twitter account.

• Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Kaputa wrote: »
    I remember Trump had a plan to defeat ISIS. The best plan. Guaranteed to work. He'd totally crush ISIS.

But he wouldn't tell anyone his plan to destroy ISIS because then somebody else would steal it and take the credit.

Well, Trump's president now.

I'm sure he'll announce his fool-proof, guaranteed-to-work ISIS-obliterating plan any second now. And it'll be terrific.

We already know his plan

it's to let Putin ethnically cleanse everything to keep Assad in power
    Ethnic cleansing is not what is happening in Syria. If anything, that's closer to the situation in Iraq, with US air support, although I still wouldn't describe it that way.

Maybe not ethnic but population cleansing. Putin and Assad basically just reduced a city of 2 million people to a burning cinder.
    The vast majority of Aleppo's civilian population had either fled to the western, government-controlled side of the city, elsewhere in government-controlled Syria, or other countries. Other civilians attempted to flee but were not allowed to by the rebels, as the rebels wanted to use them as human shields.

Look at what the US Air Force did to Ramadi, Tikrit, or Kobane. War is fucking brutal, and air forces are an especially destructive instrument of war. The Russian bombing of Syria is terrible, but the situation is far more nuanced than in this portrayal.

Kaputa on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

Boy it's a good thing Trump has a twitter account.

I'm still most fond of the ones calling the 2012 election a fraud because he thought Romney won the popular but not electoral vote.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    imdointhis I just remember you posting for a while, over and over, in dozens of different ways: Well, but I just don't understand circumstantial evidence of racism; that doesn't sound like racism, I don't get it!

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    So we're in some fucking trouble I think yeah.

I mean yeah no this guy is Hitler. There will be riots tonight I think.

I'd be a little disappointed in my country if there weren't

Supports Israel, has Jewish relatives...

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.

Replace Jews with Muslims

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    So we're in some fucking trouble I think yeah.

I mean yeah no this guy is Hitler. There will be riots tonight I think.

I'd be a little disappointed in my country if there weren't

Supports Israel, has Jewish relatives...

is Hitler.

Man I don't get it.

regardless of how apt or relevant the comparison is, it is incredibly easy to be anti-semitic and pro-isreal at the same time. They are not even remotely incompatible viewpoints.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'm confused on the make our military strong again issue, is that not a thing? Do we have a weak military in America?
    The Energy plan is depressing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

This is not as inspirational as you think it is
    It is if you are a nationalist.

If you are not a nationalist it just seems like another form of prejudice.

The speech was basically "NATIONALISM."

Disagree. It sounds inspirational if you are a jingoistic white supremacist. Especially when you append the quote with the name of the man who said it.

It's nationalist only by the Republican definition of nationalist. The one with "white" in front of it.

shryke on
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Trump has been suggesting police brutality. His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" and will be able to to what is needed against thugs.

It is something Trump has repeatedly suggested even if he refuses to call it police brutality.

His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" - point me to where he said that, that is very interesting

Sure @imdointhis

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-on-our-timid-police

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

INFOSEC was a major reason for me.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I'm confused on the make our military strong again issue, is that not a thing? Do we have a weak military in America?

The Air Force is experiencing an exodus of pilots and cyber professionals.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular

*shrug*

whadda i know.

An unemployed person and a person employed by Trump can often expect to receive the exact same amount of financial gain.

That is a true statement.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Holy crap, Michelle looks absolutely forlorned whIle walking to the helicopter.

Watching the death of all good things will do that to you.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017

The US military budget is only about 40% of the entire world's military budget. A single carrier battlegroup only has more firepower than 9 out of every 10 nations' entire militaries (we have, I believe, 11 of them).

Low energy. Sad.

Orca on
  • Options
    Okay that's enough of that.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Trump has been suggesting police brutality. His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" and will be able to to what is needed against thugs.

It is something Trump has repeatedly suggested even if he refuses to call it police brutality.

His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" - point me to where he said that, that is very interesting

Sure @imdointhis

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-on-our-timid-police

Pfff.

He's too patriotic for that.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

The US military budget is only about 40% of the entire world's military budget. A single carrier battlegroup only has more firepower than 9 out of every 10 nations' entire militaries (we have, I believe, 11 of them).

Low energy. Sad.

Okay, that's what I was thinking. Is this something that even his supporters think is a problem?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    So I assume it's over? Anyone able to provide the Cliff's Notes for those of us who didn't watch it?

Trump

Fuck

Haven't gangs been on the decline for like years?

Violent crime is down in America, yes.

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    So, yeah. If the draft is reinstated I'm gone, along with anyone from here who wants to come with me.

If the draft is reinstated I go full on insurgency.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Low energy. Sad.

Okay, that's what I was thinking. Is this something that even his supporters think is a problem?

Yes. Our military is in ruin.

All the other countries are laughing at us.

We have fewer boats than we used to.

These might not be facts, but like Newt said, feelings are more important than the truth.

Fucking douchenozzle putzbag jackoffs.

Except the boat thing. That's true. Fucking Romney.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

Your sentence. . . it makes no sense.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Low energy. Sad.

Yes. Our military is in ruin.

All the other countries are laughing at us.

We have fewer boats than we used to.

These might not be facts, but like Newt said, feelings are more important than the truth.

Fucking douchenozzle putzbag jackoffs.

Except the boat thing. That's true. Fucking Romney.

The number of horses in our cavalry is fucking embarrassing.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    I can't imagine that it's going to be a boring 4 years, so at least there's that.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

It's one of the few reasons I support him, but I can't speak for everyone else that supports him because I didn't go out and poll them.

• Options
    Hoz wrote: »
    I can't imagine that it's going to be a boring 4 years, so at least there's that.

I'll take boredom, thanks.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO PATRIOTISM THERE IS NO ROOM FOR PREJUDICE- Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.

I for one hope all people of all races can come together in harmony and set our differences aside.

I love you all.

This is not as inspirational as you think it is
    It is if you are a nationalist.

If you are not a nationalist it just seems like another form of prejudice.

The speech was basically "NATIONALISM."

Disagree. It sounds inspirational if you are a jingoistic white supremacist. Especially when you append the quote with the name of the man who said it.

It's nationalist only by the Republican definition of nationalist. The one with "white" in front of it.
    His only mention of race was to say that he'd make America great again regardless of whether you're "black, brown, or white" or something along those lines

I don't believe him, of course. His campaign was clearly geared toward stoking racist sentiment and I believe that's a significant part of what carried him to victory.

But the speech itself was not ethnically focused. If you already regard Trump as racist it's easy to add "white" before every mention of America, and it may be that that's how much of his base interprets his statements, but the speech itself seemed more generally nationalist than ethnically nationalist.

Maybe given the context of Trump's campaign it is reasonable to interpret it the way you are, though. I don't fucking know what's going on anymore.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

"May you live in interesting times" is actually a curse, remember.
    also not a real Chinese saying, but still

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

I mean

I don't want an exciting government. I want a boring government that works boringly without me being in suspense if say my school district goes bankrupt or if my wife's job that relies on grants for women's services will continue.

Or if the national parks I go to once a year will still be around.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

"May we live in interesting times."

The key word being live.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

It's one of the few reasons I support him, but I can't speak for everyone else that supports him because I didn't go out and poll them.

Exit polling can speak for those people and it's not correct.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    It feels like a funeral.

The death of prejudice!

*shrug*

whadda i know.

I've been running into a lot of this on Facebook. I have no idea how to respond to it there either.

The closest I can come up with is "Your opinion is the hollow echo of platitudes expressed by liars and bigots around you. I implore you to find some facts before restating things you don't understand."

But it feels kinda goosey. I'm not referring to you directly @imdointhis just the "its just my opinion man, we can agree to disagree" thing that's been popping up a lot lately.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    It feels like a funeral.

I just wandered into the cafeteria and watched the Obamas get in the chopper and take off. I felt...many things.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options

Low energy. Sad.

Yes, because the notion that our military has become weak under Obama is a popular right-wing talking point

It is among the most absurd right wing talking points

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    America must aggressively pursue military action in areas rich in iron, as our ability to produce swordsmen is dangerously low.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Amongst all the pessimism that we rightly feel, gotta say it one last time: thanks Obama.

This discussion has been closed.