As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fat bottomed [chat] makes the rockin' world go round

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    Kagera wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    So the new BBC detective show on Sunday nights is pretty great.

That sounds awfully generic. Quirky Old Lady Sleuth in: Teatime for Murder!

Starring Helen Mirren.

Only if she gets her kit off.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Oh Miss Marple, you senile old biddy.

My father has a theory that Miss Marple is actually the perpetrator of all the crimes she supposedly "solved." I mean, she's always right there for all this stuff. He figures she's just going around murdering people and framing others.

Edit: Note that this theory also has applications in re: Jessica Fletcher of Murder She Wrote.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    I'm not going to change

Then this is your lot in life, and your life is going to be like this until you die. I suggest you learn to enjoy it. Since you can change it any time you decide to do so I have no sympathy for you. It is not easy, but it is simple.

She just needs to train up her willpower.

Unfortunately this is impossible when the person in question is completely unwilling to even try.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hobosapien wrote: »
    If you don't get banned for mixing it up with a mod, then we can dance, old man. This civility is stifling me anyway. I hate to tell you this, he of the arbitrarily enforced rule, but there is nothing in the rules that prohibits videos. Fine, you can read closed threads. I'm dumb on that one, it happens. But the issue at hand is, did you exceed your authority in closing the second thread, and the answer is a resounding yes. The best justification you can come up with is a feeble "but but but there was a video!" Yet videos AREN'T AGAINST THE RULES! I've seen others post videos today. In D&D.

My video was against the unwritten rule that the state of what's left of an addled mind determines what stays or goes. Everything in that thread conformed to the guidelines perfectly. The funny thing is, you all know that, cause the damned thing's got 130 hits, you've read the "offending" thread. I provided a clear topic for discussion, shared my thoughts about it in text form, solicited others opinions, even laid out what other viewpoints could be. If and when Tube can actually articulate a rationale for his power trip,

Amazing! Tell us more!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    It's called Wallander, and features a slightly chubby Kenneth Branagh as a Swedish policeman solving horrible crimes in an exceptionally bleak landscape while his pitiful life crumbles around him. David Warner plays his ailing artist father who relentlessly paints the same landscape over and over.

It's wonderful.

Sold and sold!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HobosapienHobosapien Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Kagera, Shazkar, you really want to risk the banhammer? Those are VIDEOS! I demand they be removed, they are verboten! And what's this? Banned books, as well? To the gulag with you!

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you don't get banned for mixing it up with a mod, then we can dance, old man. This civility is stifling me anyway. I hate to tell you this, he of the arbitrarily enforced rule, but there is nothing in the rules that prohibits videos. Fine, you can read closed threads. I'm dumb on that one, it happens. But the issue at hand is, did you exceed your authority in closing the second thread, and the answer is a resounding yes. The best justification you can come up with is a feeble "but but but there was a video!" Yet videos AREN'T AGAINST THE RULES! I've seen others post videos today. In D&D.

My video was against the unwritten rule that the state of what's left of an addled mind determines what stays or goes. Everything in that thread conformed to the guidelines perfectly. The funny thing is, you all know that, cause the damned thing's got 130 hits, you've read the "offending" thread. I provided a clear topic for discussion, shared my thoughts about it in text form, solicited others opinions, even laid out what other viewpoints could be. If and when Tube can actually articulate a rationale for his power trip,

You know for such an avid fan of the PA forums you sure know fuck-all about how shit runs here.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

We tend to read new threads. We only post in those that are well laid out and worthy of discussion.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you don't get banned for mixing it up with a mod, then we can dance, old man.

Dude, you ARE going to get banned for "Mixing it up" with the Admin. Tube doesn't get paid to suffer fools or take shit. He is the biggest fucking cockwaver on the forum, and everyone knows it. The leniance he has shown you thus far is unpresidented, truely a christmas miracle. Do-not-test-him.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2008

*I put on my lawyer hat*

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2008
    It's called Wallander, and features a slightly chubby Kenneth Branagh as a Swedish policeman solving horrible crimes in an exceptionally bleak landscape while his pitiful life crumbles around him. David Warner plays his ailing artist father who relentlessly paints the same landscape over and over.

It's wonderful.

Sold and sold!

Seriously, it's the best British detective show since Inspector Morse. Branagh is incredible. I saw him in a Chekov play recently and christ that man is brilliant. I want to skip ahead twenty years in time to see him play Lear and Prospero.

Bogart on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

It's wonderful.
    Wallander is fantastic. There were books first, if I recall correctly. Awesome books.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Listen, your topic was trite and not-well-thought out, it is no longer all the academic rage to post variations on lolBushlol m i rite?!?!

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Econ final wish me luuuuuuuuuuuck

Elki, it's time to practice long-distance mind melding.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "Amazing, tell us more."

I don't know if you're mocking how little you all care, or the fact I left off in the middle of a sentence, so let's pretend I did that on purpose. It's more ominous that way

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This [chat] needs chatlogged for crazy.

• Options
    edited December 2008
    "Amazing, tell us more."

I don't know if you're mocking how little you all care, or the fact I left off in the middle of a sentence, so let's pretend I did that on purpose. It's more ominous that way
    I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elki wrote: »

*I put on my lawyer hat*

This here Internet Court trial is now in session, Judge Elki now presiding.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    "Amazing, tell us more."

Compare most of the OPs currently open in DnD to yours.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    Hey Tube, what's the album fund your sig mentions for?

Paying for studio time to record my demos/album.

What do you do?

I play guitar and do singing!

tubeonemanbandyl0.jpg?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    BUSH h8ts blk ppl!

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This [chat] needs chatlogged for crazy.

I'm going to go take my final, and when I get back, we're all going to pretend none of this ever happened.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hobo just ditch the persecution complex and start talking normally about other shit

people will eventually forget and then in several months we can all say "haha remember your first thread?" and you'll say "haha yeah that was crazy times"

MikeMan on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    But the issue at hand is, did you exceed your authority in closing the second thread, and the answer is a resounding yes.

Actually it is no, because my authority here is absolute. Should I decide to ban the word jelly and enforce the rule retroactively, I am well within my authority to do so.
    The best justification you can come up with is a feeble "but but but there was a video!" Yet videos AREN'T AGAINST THE RULES! I've seen others post videos today. In D&D.
    The Rules wrote:
    "Look at my site! Buy my stuff!" - Uhhh, no. Go away, sitewhore. Its totally fine to put a link in your sig if you want to show off your work, or hock some gear, though.

Your youtube channel is included as your site. If you want to express your opinion, you do not use external sources to do so in the hope of bolstering your page views.
    My video was against the unwritten rule that the state of what's left of an addled mind determines what stays or goes.

It is a written rule.
    Everything in that thread conformed to the guidelines perfectly.

Nope
    The funny thing is, you all know that, cause the damned thing's got 130 hits, you've read the "offending" thread.

This forum currently has 929 users online and this is dead time. 130 hits is bupkus.

We also have a rule about publicly arguing with moderator decisions, which with my characteristic generosity I have waived in order to explain the problem to you. That waiver is now gone. If you wish to continue discussing this, PM a D&D mod because I have no plans to discourse with you further given your apparent inability to perform even the most rudimentary of research before posting your opinion.

This is done. Deal with it or find another forum.

Tube on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/faq.php?faq=global_rules#faq_no_threads_like
    Don't make threads like...

Threads in which you bitch about the rules, the mods, the thread that just got locked, or your "worst forum enemy." PM us if you have a problem. Mind you, if you have a "worst forum enemy," seek mental help instead. Corollary: Don't pull this crap in established threads either. Mod decisions are to be discussed in private.
    you so broke the rules

EDIT: THE HIVE SUX

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    hobo just ditch the persecution complex and start talking normally about other shit

people will eventually forget and then in several months we can all say "haha remember your first thread?" and you'll say "haha yeah that was crazy times"

yeah we will forget
    we won't forget

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Hey guys, remember when I said global warming was fake. Oh the times we had.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sami wrote: »

Wishing.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'm just gonna refer him back to your PM box, you know.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

yeah we will forget
    we won't forget
    12/8/08 nevar 4get

MikeMan on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »
    If you don't get banned for mixing it up with a mod, then we can dance, old man.

Dude, you ARE going to get banned for "Mixing it up" with the Admin. Tube doesn't get paid to suffer fools or take shit. He is the biggest fucking cockwaver on the forum, and everyone knows it. The leniance he has shown you thus far is unpresidented, truely a christmas miracle. Do-not-test-him.

My reputation far exceeds my actions.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sami wrote: »

You demand, and I supply.

xoxo

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Hey guys, remember when I said global warming was fake. Oh the times we had.
    hahahaha that was good times

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wait people have worst forum enemies?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Jokerman wrote: »

If I get banned, I get banned, I'll live. This is my first anonymous net message board, and with this experience, it may be my last. Weep for me. Weep! Seriously, though, I've been reading PA for 6 years w/o ever posting on the boards, as long as Mike and Jerry don't murder each other before then, I can read it for another 6 years either way. There are times when authority figures act like little Napoleons geeked out on power, and other times when people have legitimate disagreements. I'm realy not sure which this is, but thankfully, I don't have to be afraid. If it's a legitimate disagreement, I won't be punished, and if it's a power trip and I get banned 1) I wouldn't want to be here and 2) Tube would look pathetic, weak, and incapable of taking criticism. So score

Hobosapien on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Wait people have worst forum enemies?
    you're mine

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

MikeMan on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Have I just stepped in during an appearance of the drama llama?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    no one even notices my one-hedgehog-band

honestly sometimes i dont even know why i try so hard* for you guys

*10 seconds in mspaint

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Elki wrote: »

*I put on my lawyer hat*

Oh you're silly new guy. Videos aren't against the rules.

But sitewhoring is.

Your first post contained a link to your youtube.

Sitewhore. Sitewhore. Sitewhore.

--

Think about how big PA is. Tube does his job for free. There's no time to take everything on a case by case basis. You were on the fence and you fell off the wrong side. Believe it or not there are legal theories that claim the real world works this way. So uh enjoy the ban. Or maybe don't get one.

Either way I completed my philosophy of law term paper in only five hours. Someone high five me.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Gooey wrote: »

yeah we will forget
    we won't forget
    12/8/08 nevar 4get

Do you have two middle names?

DeShadowC on
This discussion has been closed.