As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mormons are fucking prompt

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Evander wrote: »
    Right.

Because Jews secretly control everything.
    Natalie Portman is controlling my dick

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

ALL THE KIDS THAT LOOK UP TO ME CAN SUCK MY DICK!

Hunter on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    is queermo like the 4th marx brother

He's the one who drank cosmos and designed Groucho's wardrobe

Actually Zeppo was the fourth Marx brother.

Queermo would be the sixth (I think)

Evander on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Butters wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I used to work under a gay man and had two gay co-workers. We hung out ALL the time. They were good dudes. I have nothing against them as people.

I have black friends. That doesn't mean that I can run around saying the n-word.

Then why have them?
    I love you very much

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    naw he's the gay uncle

does anybody NOT have a gay uncle?

mine passed away

do i get a new one
    i would let you have mine but then i'll be out of gay family members, and we can't be having that.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Right.

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

We love you Natalie

I WANNA FUCK YOU TOO!

Marathon on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Marathon wrote: »

I want them to have the same rights. But I also want marriage to remain sacred as defined within my religion. So, my answer is a compromise giving them all the same rights but not having it defined as marriage. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot, then so be it I guess.

If it has the exact same rights why call it something different when it's the same thing?

Because I believe that I have a Heavenly Father and Mother. That principle has extended to Earth through his children in which we are allowed to get married to continue that eternal progression. That union is a sacred eternal principle that is paramount to the happiness of God's children. As such, the institution of marriage should be defended on this Earth.

That's why it needs to be called something different. It may seem trivial to you, but its not to me.

I believe you're full of shit.

Let's agree to disagree and keep our personal beliefs out of the legal decisions of others. In this case, the gay and lesbian community, bisexuals, the pillow biters, ass pirates, dykes, queermos, lipstick lezzies, and/or f4gg0rtZ.

You can believe what you want. I'm being perfectly open, honest, and fairly level-headed throughout this whole thread. There's no reason to think I'm lying or trying to decieve you.

Fair enough. Agreeing to disagree is where most debates between people already polarized usually end up. The good thing, though, was the discussion. Glad I could find a place where people generally don't reduce themselves down to shouting match over a heated topic.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Right.

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

Meh. Natalie Portman is old news.

Now Scarlett Johansson, there is one hot Jewess!

Evander on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i don't have a gay uncle but i do have a communist uncle does that count.
    we'll allow it, but only if he did some sinful experimenting during college.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I do find the current definition of marriage to be religiously sacred to me.

Do you honestly think that it is okay to push your personal religious beliefs on other people through legislation?

I dunno. Seems to explain our policy concerning Israel.

Right.

You know we send aid to Palestine as well, right? Not nearly as much, but we also don't have mutually beneficial intelligence and defense deals worked out with them either.

And yet the influence of the Jewish Lobby is undeniable. Which is acting on a religious issue that just so happens to have geo-political significance.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Right.

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

ALL THE JEWS, I'M TALKING TO YOU

we love you natalie!

I WANNA FUCK YOU TOO!

Faricazy on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I want them to have the same rights. But I also want marriage to remain sacred as defined within my religion. So, my answer is a compromise giving them all the same rights but not having it defined as marriage. If, in your eyes, that makes me a bigot, then so be it I guess.

If it has the exact same rights why call it something different when it's the same thing?

Because I believe that I have a Heavenly Father and Mother. That principle has extended to Earth through his children in which we are allowed to get married to continue that eternal progression. That union is a sacred eternal principle that is paramount to the happiness of God's children. As such, the institution of marriage should be defended on this Earth.

That's why it needs to be called something different. It may seem trivial to you, but its not to me.

And I believe gay people can be in love with each other and should be able to become family, in a church that accepts them, if they so desire. I don't think it's particularly sacred, but I believe it makes society a better place to live in for all concerned.

That's why the institution of marriage should be open to anyone who wants in.

Now explain to me why your beliefs should be written into law (constitutionally or otherwise) and mine shouldn't.

Your beliefs require me to behave differently, and prevent some people from freely exercising their religious beliefs, while my argument requires that you, um, continue to exercise your religious beliefs as you see fit. :|

If you read my above posts again you'll note that if this is your argument, you have to do it through Constitutional Amendments. It would be patently unconstitutional and against the guiding principles of our Republic to make an argument for legislation based on that logic.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You realize you're not the only religion around, right? Other religions have marriages too? Which is no different than gays getting married?

In short, you're incredibly stupid.

Well, then what merit does the government have in getting anybody married? Why should it be regulated by the government?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I believe you're full of shit.

Let's agree to disagree and keep our personal beliefs out of the legal decisions of others. In this case, the gay and lesbian community, bisexuals, the pillow biters, ass pirates, dykes, queermos, lipstick lezzies, and/or f4gg0rtZ.

You can believe what you want. I'm being perfectly open, honest, and fairly level-headed throughout this whole thread. There's no reason to think I'm lying or trying to decieve you.

Fair enough. Agreeing to disagree is where most debates between people already polarized usually end up. The good thing, though, was the discussion. Glad I could find a place where people generally don't reduce themselves down to shouting match over a heated topic.

we usually just talk about cocks and dicks, Debate and Discourse does this sort of thing, but more tidily and with more pretension

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    oh great, Jigrah has arrived to pinch a huge smelly loaf right in the middle of the thread.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Obi do you at least see the line between your church's definition of marriage and what the state's definition of marriage should be?

Because one is opt-in, and the other applies to every single resident of said state.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    the influence of the Jewish Lobby is undeniable

Show me some actual proof of this influence.

Because I could sure use a nice job and lots of money and power, but so far having a circumsized dick hasn't magically done it for me yet.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Jigrah wrote: »

You realize you're not the only religion around, right? Other religions have marriages too? Which is no different than gays getting married?

Well, then what merit does the government have in getting anybody married? Why should it be regulated by the government?

Because tax laws need to address a union, as well as property laws, next of kin, inheritance, and many other legal decisions. It's just the nature of the beast.

Hunter on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Because straight white men might start getting AIDS and thus ruining the whole plan

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Taxes.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I get checks from the government, and I spend it on beer!

Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heterosexual men are so afraid of getting fucked in the ass by a gay, they need to legally remind everybody that the gays are yucky.

Seriously, it's the intellectual position of a 5 year old. I'm going to say that Billy has cooties so that he can't share medical insurance and property rights with Steve.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    I get checks from the government, and I spend it on beer!

Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers.
    false

milwaukeebest.jpg

oh wait you said beer

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I did this several pages ago, but...

Marriage to the government is a secular institution, the same way it was thousands of years ago. We allow people to get married in a religious setting because that is their prerogative, as guaranteed by the Free Exercise clause.

Marriage is good for society: it simplifies inheritance, it allows people to become as family, it helps rear children.

The confusion starts when people start clamoring for their religious interpretations of the institution to be the only ones recognized by the government, attempting to turn it into a religious institution, which, if successful, would render it unconstitutional under the Establishment Clause.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Because I could sure use a nice job and lots of money and power, but so far having a circumsized dick hasn't magically done it for me yet.

If you're running for Presidential office and you want to carry florida you better run up that Pro-Israel flag otherwise boyo you are fucked.

It's just like the Cuban vote in South Florida.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Heterosexual men are so afraid of getting fucked in the ass by a gay, they need to legally remind everybody that the gays are yucky.

Seriously, it's the intellectual position of a 5 year old. I'm going to say that Billy has cooties so that he can't share medical insurance and property rights with Steve.
    to be fair, Billy fucked a whole lot of Steves

Faricazy on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    any religion is free to set up its own parameters to marriage, but why should one religion's guidelines apply to others? what about a religion where marriage may only be carried out between members of the religion? should they be allowed to ban non-members from marriage?

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Right.

OOoooOOooOOooOOooOOooOO

We love you Natalie

I WANNA FUCK YOU TOO!

GONNA SIT RIGHT THERE ON YO FACE

AND TAKE A SHIT

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

If you're running for Presidential office and you want to carry florida you better run up that Pro-Israel flag otherwise boyo you are fucked.

So, you've just gone from "Jews control the world" to "Politicians sometimes have to pander to voting blocks"

There are a lot of Old Jews in Florida. That does not constitute a conspiracy.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Explain to me how George W. Bush defeated Al Gore in Florida in 2000, when Gore's running mate was the very Jewariffic Joe Lieberman? You are stretching more than Evander reaching for a dollar bill.

OH SNAP!

Hunter on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Those Steves were asking for it, what with their tight jeans and muscley arms....

Mmmmmm, Steve.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

well I mean, there's AIPAC, but IIRC you think they're all a bunch of dicknoses.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

So, you've just gone from "Jews control the world" to "Politicians sometimes have to pander to voting blocks"

There are a lot of Old Jews in Florida. That does not constitute a conspiracy.

Obviously Old Jews move to Florida to turn it into a new Israel.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Here's the amazingness of democracy, though: I can vote and express my ideals through our wonderful government. Other religions are free to do the same, as are people without any organized religion. If it passes that marriage also means between man and man AND woman and woman, then so be it. The population of our country voted for it and it was because of their ideals that they voted that way. I won't throw a hissy fit and I will still be a citizen of this country.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Those Steves were asking for it, what with their tight jeans and muscley arms....

Mmmmmm, Steve.
    What kind of rapping name is Steve, anyway?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »

well I mean, there's AIPAC, but IIRC you think they're all a bunch of dicknoses.

I'm not denying that Jewish Lobbies exist. Of course they do. So do all kinds of other lobbies.

The ideas that A) "Jews are all one unified force pushing for a unified goal" or B) "Jews have some kind of power over the government itself" are what I am pointing out as idiocy.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

[Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.