Options

Megami Tensei/Persona discussion: | P3: FES - 4/22 | Nocturne reprinted?

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited April 2008 in Games and Technology
According to this link at Play-Asia, either Nocturne has finally been reprinted, or China's had them stashed away for a rainy day.

It's still $45, but that's a steal considering how rare the game is nowadays.

It's also what used copies go for at EB stop.

Persona 4 [PS2] (7/10/08 JP)

1205824195208tb2.th.jpg
Lightor216 wrote: »
Persona 4 has been announced for the PS2!
1205824195208tb2.th.jpg1205824979306oc2.th.jpg
1205825082217no5.th.jpg1205826181431xi7.th.jpg
- Trailer on DVD (magazine)
- July 10th release
- 85% Complete
- Looks like Persona 3 but better
- 180+ Personas
- Hashino is directing, Soejima is art director and character designer, Meguro is composing

- Takes place in the countryside, a more nostalgic environment
- The theme is murder mystery/suspense, it's a mystery thriller with twists and turns
- Multiple endings
- 1.5x the size of P3
- 60-70 hours
- There is a weather forecast system, and whenever there is a fog, a murder occurs

Credit goes to Waren_alkar for informing me.

Persona 3 FES [PS2] (4/22/08 US)
p3box.jpg

Atlus announces Persona 3 FES for PS2
Experience the definitive cut of 2007s award-winning Persona 3, which
garnered tons of critical acclaim and the adulation of a devoted fanbase.
Packaged together with a brand new episode, the set provides 120-plus hours
of gameplay at a suggested retail price of $29.99.

Lead a group of high school students with a dangerous extracurricular
activity: exploring the mysterious tower Tartarus and fighting the sinister
Shadows during the Dark Hour, a frozen span of time imperceptible to all but
a select few. And the end of their quest is no longer the end of the
story--witness for the first time the aftermath of the final battle and the
students struggle to find meaning in their new lives.

Available April 22, 2008.

The complete version of the game, original and all.

Images and such, c/o Atlus:

empyrean.jpg

hecaton.jpg

yukarif.jpg

elizabethf.jpg

Since the former thread again exceeded the heights of Monad, it was suggested that, since most of us Personers(?) are also into the Shin Megami Tensei(SMT) games, that the next thread should pertain to a little of everything.

Rather than ramble for paragraphs on end as per usual, I'll offer brief snippets on the primary SMT titles, at least the ones that made it stateside.

As for the rest, well, I've got stuff on those too that can be added later, if so desired.

Let's start with the core series, and naturally, the rarest gem of them all.

Shin Megami Tensei (III): Nocturne [PS2]
smt3a.jpg
Call it what you will: a revelation from god, or a curse of the demon king.
The fact remains that our world died.

A heretic called upon an unearthly light, and chaos ensued.

Demons crawled from the black depths.

Death upon death. Nothing but death in this barren land.
Who can we pray to?

There are only demons and fiends here.

A voice in the dark beguiles me,
'Truth is a mystery, unravelled by the candle's flames.'

Nocturne is part of the 'primary' SMT series. Traditional RPG combat focused around a primary protagonist, whose personality, abilities, and goals are almost completely defined by the player.

There are no other 'supporting' playable characters besides Nocturne's main character, the Demi-Fiend.

smt3-4a.jpg

He has to recruit them himself from the demons, angels, and assorted figures of lore that reside in the Vortex World(the result of the world as we know it coming to an end, which practically wipes out humanity in the process).

smt3-dantea.jpg

Also, he has to contend with this guy trying to kill him at every turn.

The version of Nocturne that was brought over is the 'Maniacs' version: a psuedo-Director's Cut that includes extra battles(with the Fiends, reaper-esque demons of nightmarish power), and a dungeon called the Amala Labyrinth that leads to an optional 'True Demon' ending.

smt3-7a.jpg

Nocturne's quite out of print, but it's hardly impossible to find. Even pops up used at game stores from time to time.

Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner [PS2]
dds-boxseta.jpg & dds2a.jpg
Not part of the core series, but still similar, in that its a traditional RPG.

Moreso than Nocturne, in the sense that DDS lets the player control a party of set characters.

Instead of having an army of demons to choose from, the six main characters in DDS have customizable skill sets, in addition to changing between human and demon forms; the latter of which thrives on devouring other beings to survive(and also to gain more experience).

Not as rare as Nocturne, but considering that the first came as a limited issue box with an OST, the first is probably the toughest SMT to find brand new.

The second is still fairly common.

dds2-6a.jpg

DDS2 takes place in a different 'world' than the original. The cast returns, and the story continues right from where the original left off. They're so closely connected, that it's practically one game spread over two discs.

The gameplay is mostly the same, except the characters have access to 'Berserk' forms at certain intervals; they become far more powerful(and get tons of XP with Devour attempts), but their accuracy plummets, and they can die from a single hit.

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS The Soulless Army [PS2]

690240.jpg
Kind of a black sheep among localized SMT games. Didn't sell very well, not many people seem to have played it, etc.

Really Long Title, unlike other SMTs, is an Action-RPG.

raidou-7a.jpg

Battles are still randomized, but when they occur, Raidou is freely controllable, and slashes/shoots/summons in real-time.

There's still a demonary, and convincing the numerous monsters to fight alongside Raidou is part of the appeal.

The game is short, and fairly easy compared to the competition, but there's still fun to be had.

And Rasputin is a scene-stealer.

rasputin.png

On a side note, this is the third game in the series; the PS1 had the original Devil Summoner, followed by the reportedly amazing Soul Hackers.

Rumor has it that Atlus was going to localize Soul Hackers, but was turned down.

Persona [PS1]

personabox2.jpg
The one that started it all; Atlus' first attempt at bringing part of the SMT series stateside(under the attempted moniker of 'Revelations').

Persona is a side-story of the core series, like Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga, but it shares many similar themes, and plenty demons along the way.

On a down note, the first game hasn't aged well, at all.

megaten-title11.png

The localization removed a number of aspects from the game, used some downright awful pop culture references, changed character portraits, etc.

Beyond all that, gameplay also focuses around mind-numbingly huge first person dungeons.

persona-5.png

There's a good story to be found, but it requires a lot of time, effort, and pain to see through.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment [PS1]

persona2ep-jp2.jpg
Another rarity, and with good reason. Not daunted by Sony's refusal to let Atlus localize Innocent Sin(the first half of Persona 2), they brought us the next best thing: the second half.

P2 uses isometric dungeons instead of first-person. Beyond that, it's more of the same goodness, with a comparatively stellar localization.

persona2ep-4.png

The difficulty is also a good four or five times harder than the first game's. This might be the title which kicked that tradition off.

persona2ep-6.png

Maybe I'll finish it one day.

Demi Kids/Devil Children [GBA]
demikidsdarka.jpg & demikidslighta.jpg
If Devil Summoner is the black sheep of the series, then these are the abandoned children.

The Demi Kids games are more like Pokemon than any other SMT game around, probably because they were designed with a younger audience in mind.

dm-light2.png

Still, if you need a portable SMT fix, you could do worse. Everyone's favorite demon, Lucifer, makes an appearance as well.

It had a psuedo-sequel called Messiah Lyzers/Raiser(something like that) which probably won't make it here, unfortunately. Seems like more of a strategy game.

Revelations: The Demon Slayer [GBC]
revelationsa.jpg
I've never actually played this, but I think it came out around the time of Persona 1, so they also used the 'Revelations' header for it.

Demon Slayer's a localized version of one of the 'Last Bible' games.

Far as I can tell, care of the HG101 article, it's basically Shin Megami Tensei: Dragon Warrior.

revelations-2.png

Looks worth a try, if a copy can be gotten.

There were also a good two or three other games in the series that didn't make it here, like most SMT offshoots.

Jack Bros. [Virtual Boy]
jackbrosa.jpg / 200px-Jack_bros_Japanese_boxcover.jpg
Not really an SMT game at all, though it features the series' timeless mascots, Jack Frost and Pyro Jack.

jackbros1.png

More of a maze/puzzle/action kind of game than anything, I think.

Last and not least, the most recent offering:

281719b.jpg

Persona 3
The most recent SMT title brought over, and it seems to already be going out of print. :|

I don't get it either.

P3 uses a traditional battle system, like the core SMT games and the earlier Personas, but instead of focusing on making friends with demons, the idea is to make friends with your peers.

persona3-10a.jpg

Like always, it's to get something from them, but it beats trying to talk it over with the Pale Rider over a cup of tea.

There's also the task of keeping one's grades up,

persona334.jpg

contending with an almost endless tower that appears at nightfall, and fighting off the demonic hordes that inhabit it.

Persona: Trinity Soul
20071107ayo0.jpg
A recent anime, taking place ten years after Persona 3.

The first episode aired a while back, still showing on the regular, far as I know.
Don't hold your breath for a US release.

The future is bright in the East, at least; no shortage of cellphone games, the onging Persona anime, and the fifth game in the series(Persona 4) hitting the PS2 of all things.

I'm hoping the core series will be the one that brings SMT into next-gen, but I guess we'll see.

Most of the images are care of the HG101 article, which will tell you everything imaginable about SMT, especially the many, many games that never came out here.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This thread is amazing.

I'd thought about trying out Persona 3 but just how much time does it take to really get the game going?

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is this thread totally glitching out for anyone else or is it just me?

Pb on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm a newbie fan of the SMT series, but holy shit are these games good. I'm looking to get Nocturne next, or possibly Persona 1/2. I haven't decided yet. However, since my backlog is reaching great heights... I have to hold off on it for now.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    This thread is amazing.

I'd thought about trying out Persona 3 but just how much time does it take to really get the game going?

Persona 3 is a great ride all the way through, honestly.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I cannot wait for Persona 3 to come to the UK. DDS1+2 and Nocturne are truly fantastic.

On DDS2;
    Was anyone else genuinely shocked when Serph died/disappeared/tripped out/whatever? It also threw me because I had to start add someone horribly under-levelled to my main team. Fuck.

Also, Seraph was a cool idea, but damn did they fuck up his demon form.

On Nocturne;
    What ending did you all go for? I said 'fuck it' and went straight for the true demon one. It was satisfying, even if the final-final boss was a pain.

Burnage on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This thread is amazing.

About as long as it takes for you to turn on your PS2.

Am I alone in thinking Persona 2 wasn't crazily difficult? I mean, it wasn't easy, but still. I managed to beat it with everyone's starter Persona (Maia Custom totally counts shut up.)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Shouldn't Revelations: Demon Slayer (Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible) for the GBC be on your list?

Invisible on
  • Options
    roywhitbyroywhitby Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My first game in the series was actually the DemiKids games. They were much better than what their review scores said and were a fun introduction to the series. I still have to play Dark as I have only beat Light.

I played Nocturne last year and finished one playthrough and it's one of my favourite turn-based RPG's. I love the Compendium. The DDS games are in my backlog. I hope to eventually get Persona 3 but my backlog is just too long right now.

Great thread by the way.

roywhitby on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Invisible wrote: »
    Shouldn't Revelations: Demon Slayer (Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible) for the GBC be on your list?

Oh yeah... never did play that, regrettably. I'll work on adding it.

Also, I'm glad it wasn't lost to oblivion like the forum lapse suggested.
    Burnage wrote: »
    On DDS2;
    Was anyone else genuinely shocked when Serph died/disappeared/tripped out/whatever? It also threw me because I had to start add someone horribly under-levelled to my main team. Fuck.

I loved Seraph's concept to death, but it sucked losing both Sera and Serph in the process.
    On Nocturne;
    What ending did you all go for? I said 'fuck it' and went straight for the true demon one. It was satisfying, even if the final-final boss was a pain.
    True Demon all the way. I kind of regret it, though, because I was into Yuko's Reason from the start. But I'd gotten so far, so, same here, I just said screw it and went for Lucifer's head.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    On DDS2;

I loved Seraph's concept to death, but it sucked losing both Sera and Serph in the process.
    On Nocturne;
    True Demon all the way. I kind of regret it, though, because I was into Yuko's reason from the start. But I'd gotten so far, so, same here, I just said screw it and went for Lucifer's head.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Oh yeah... never did play that, regrettably. I'll work on adding it.

Also, I'm glad it wasn't lost to oblivion like the forum lapse suggested.
    Also, Jack Brothers.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thread needs moar

nuku004ml3.gif

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Also:
    200px-Jack_bros_Japanese_boxcover.jpg

gtrmp on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Strifer wrote: »
    If they could somehow release the other games here. EDIT: As in, in PAL territory.

You know:

Soul Nomad, Odin Sphere, GrimGrimoire even. I hope I did not mix up NIS with Atlus here, God I love both of these companies.

EDIT: Yes, GrimGrimoire was released by NIS. My point still stands.

Not sure if you meant it has been released in PAL, but Grim Grimoire is definately available.

My local EB did have January as a release date for Odin Sphere, but both Persona 3 and Odin Spere have now been nixed from their computers, so I've no idea where its up to.

As for Persona 3, I'm going to take advantage of Aussie law and get me a modded PS2 and import all the PS2 stuff we missed out on. Persona 3 is at the head of that list.

Kelor on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    On Nocturne;
    True Demon all the way. I kind of regret it, though, because I was into Yuko's reason from the start. But I'd gotten so far, so, same here, I just said screw it and went for Lucifer's head.
    I was on board with Yuko right up until she slaughtered the Manikins, when I decided she was desperately in need of a good ass kicking. I never managed to finish the game, though, as I only had it on rental. If I could find a copy of Nocturne, I would beat it twice.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Teriferin wrote: »
    On Nocturne;
    I was on board with Yuko right up until she slaughtered the Manikins, when I decided she was desperately in need of a good ass kicking. I never managed to finish the game, though, as I only had it on rental. If I could find a copy of Nocturne, I would beat it twice.
    I think you mean Chiaki/Gozu-Tennoh, who went for the 'might makes right'/kill 'em all Reason. Yuko's the teacher; if you side with her Reason, I think the world mostly goes back to normal. Probably the closest thing to a 'good' ending. I imagine Isamu's(Isolation) is all kinds of depressing.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Is Persona 3 worth playing for someone who couldn't get into the SMT/DDS because they were too difficult? I tried, oh, how I did try, but I absolutely suck at JRPGs that aren't Suikoden, and I quickly lose interest, 'cause I'm not enjoying the gameplay.

I heard Persona 3's combat system was very fast-paced, much like Suikoden, so I was wondering if it's more accessible.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Persona 3's very easy, for an SMT game. With a solid Persona and enough levels, there isn't a single boss in the (normal) game that can't be killed in one shot. It can be a challenge at a normal pace(especially when a boss with sadistic abilities comes out of nowhere), but with a bit of grinding(and fusing), almost anything becomes a pushover.

There's still a lot of room for plain bad luck, though; if one lucky hit kills the main character, it's instant game over.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Persona 3's very easy, for an SMT game. With a solid Persona and enough levels, there isn't a single boss in the (normal) game that can't be killed in one shot. It can be a challenge at a normal pace(especially when a boss with sadistic abilities comes out of nowhere), but with a bit of grinding(and fusing), almost anything becomes a pushover.

There's still a lot of room for plain bad luck, though; if one lucky hit kills the main character, it's instant game over.

I'm curious, since I'm trying to dodge spoilers till I get a hold of it, but how much can you accomplish in one play through? Can you pretty much get everything done or are there areas which you can only really complete one area with each play through (like the relationships thing for example.)

Kelor on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    c.j., thanks for making this thread. I know you wanted someone else to do it, but I didn't really have the mental resources over the holidays.
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Is Persona 3 worth playing for someone who couldn't get into the SMT/DDS because they were too difficult? I tried, oh, how I did try, but I absolutely suck at JRPGs that aren't Suikoden, and I quickly lose interest, 'cause I'm not enjoying the gameplay.

I heard Persona 3's combat system was very fast-paced, much like Suikoden, so I was wondering if it's more accessible.

The combat is incredibly fast, and a lot of battles are over in one or two moves. Basically, if you use your resources (there's always an NPC watching that isn't involved with the fight who can analyze the enemies' weaknesses), you can exploit the extra turn system and take everyone out very quick.

It's very different than what I've seen before, and yet not difficult or arcane.

Currently working on my second full playthrough of Nocturne (on hold for The Witcher, though), where I'm going for True Demon. I got the ending fhe first time where...
    I just put everything back the way it used to be. Chiaki the (really hot) brat was properly chastised, I assure you.

Which was fairly satisfying.

Persona 2 is in my backlog.

DDS2:
    I thought it was awesome that they pulled no punches in the last half of the game, and you didn't know who was going to buy it next. They basically forced you to use everyone, and your choices all through both games affected what you could do at the end (I got Heat!). That was really fine game design.

Here's hoping for more SMT. Have we any confirmation that P4 will be on PS2? I'm still leaning towards buying a 360 instead of a PS3, and the longer I can delay the inner struggle of "More SMT" vs. "Everything Else" the better.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kelor wrote: »

I'm curious, since I'm trying to dodge spoilers till I get a hold of it, but how much can you accomplish in one play through? Can you pretty much get everything done or are there areas which you can only really complete one area with each play through (like the relationships thing for example.)

I think the Social Links is the only thing you can't see all of, since they press the fact that time is always moving, and you have to use it wisely.

It's possibly to max out everyone, I think, but it requires almost flawless time management; knowing who's available on what days, when to work on a stat, when to answer a girl's phone call, etc.

It's better to just work on the relationships you care about on the first run. I saw maybe two thirds of them through.
    (And I had to spend every single day of the end-game with Mitsuru to pull that one off.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Here's hoping for more SMT. Have we any confirmation that P4 will be on PS2? I'm still leaning towards buying a 360 instead of a PS3, and the longer I can delay the inner struggle of "More SMT" vs. "Everything Else" the better.

I'm still skeptical, but it was reported that P4's in development for PS2.

I hate to say this, because I really don't want to need the console, but I bet they'll put the next (core) SMT title on the PS3.

If SMT's going next-gen, I think that's the console best suited for it. With FFXIII headed there, and Disgaea, seems like a safe bet that the hardcore RPG crowd will be backing the PS3(and they're probably right :|).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well, Atlus has been in bed with Sony for a long time as far as their main bread-and-butter series go.

I don't expect them to suddenly go across the pond and tell Bill Gates that they want to put all their games on the 360, and I also don't see SMT having any need for being on the Wii (thank god).

So yeah, you're probably right about that. I just hope they can squeeze one more PS2 game out as a swan song (and piss off all the gaming mags that called every PS2 release this year the "last great PS2 game").

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I should probably pick up Persona 3 as some sort of future investment.

As in, I still need to finish DDS1 and play DDS2 and don't even get me started on Devil Summoner.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This thread is made of win.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Better safe than sorry, especially with Atlus games.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

I just noticed that there's apparently an easy difficulty setting, too, which is awesome. I'll definitely be getting it now. Thanks. I wish Nocturne and DDS also had that, though.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If FES happens, we will also get a hard mode. If...

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just bought Persona 3 yesterday. I'm going to finish Tales of Symphonia before I start it. Any advice?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Have fun Furu. :)

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    A poster on the WoW forum I frequent called me out by name and posted a bunch of links and screenshots of some SMT MMO that's in beta right now.

I haven't investigated, but here's the info he gave me:
    Vadun wrote:
    Yes, its in Japanese. But I thought you may be interested in giving it a try anyhow. Forgive the format, copy/pasting from an image board

You register here:
    https://secure.cave-online.jp/Preregist/instruction
    You download here:
    http://www.megatenonline.net/support/download.html
    There's a wiki for the game, just use babelfish or google's language tools to translate it:
    http://imagine.gkwiki.com/
    There's also a site with a short guide on the basics of the game, in english, but it's somewhat unstable so it goes down every now and then, still, it's quite usefull, so I suggest you bookmark it:
    http://www.digitaldevildb.com/games/shin_megami_tensei_online_imagine/guide_part1.php

"How is the character customization.
    Do you get access to all available clothes from the beginning to put them on on your char?"

Well, most of them, there's a couple of sets that require a certain alignment to wear, and some need a level of either 20 or 30.
    The visual customisation is nice.
    As for classes: there are none, you just a multitude of skills to choose from, though, you do stick to some archetypes, such as, if going melee, you wouldn't want, or need, to learn ranged skills.
    Then there's the devils, again, which can be customised by passing skills from old devils to new ones through fusion, to make one that's more suited to how you play.
    The games Free, and its in open beta. I'd be all over this game if it werent for the 2.7 gig download (I have a 400 meg a day bandwidth limit, yay monopolies) Pictures to come in following posts.

Requirements:
    You need to download/install an Asian language pack, which you can supposedly do if you have the original OS install disks for your computer. And have to run a program called Applocale to set the computers region for certain programs to run.

translated by google:

System requirements
    Play a minimum recommended operating environment specifications.
    More comfortable to play specifications.
    OS Microsoft Windows XP (R) / Vista (Japanese version) only supports 32bit
    At least CPU Intel Pentium3 1Ghz
    More than or equal to the performance of CPU Intel Pentium (R) 4 processor than 3GHz
    Or equivalent to more than CPU performance
    512 MB of memory implementation implemented more than 1 GB
    DirectX 9 graphics card is a 3-D accelerator operation
    At least nVIDIA GeForce4
    ATI RADEON 8500 7800 or later
    Radeon X1800 video chip with more than
    At least graphics card VRAM128MB
    DirectX 8.1 sound card and drivers 100% compatible with a sound card
    2GB hard-disk space than
    Environmental communication baud rate than ADSL 1.5MB
    Other keyboard, mouse keyboard, and mouse (wheel)

Screenshots:
    SMT3.jpg

SMT2.jpg

SMT1.jpg

More Screenshots:
    SMT4.jpg

SMT5.jpg

SMT6.jpg

Research time, folks.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The MMO is free? I would be all over that if I had a better PC.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    There's a fairly good article on IMAGINE in the HG101 article, but the best place I've seen for info on that is at Platformers.

Lanz and a few others are playing IMAGINE, and made a huge post detailing the game's finer details.

http://www.platformers.net/forum/index.php?topic=954.msg233317#msg233317

I'd love to play it, but eh, dial-up = not happening.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Someone on gaf did a gameon for this a while back. While the concept SEEMS pretty awesome (seriously, running around in a free mmo with a SMT2 theme? Awesome.) the actual game is a pretty horrible grindfest.

Oh, and you have to shell out real world cash to buy some of the more useful items like the potion that lets you freaking RESPEC YOUR CHARACTER SFKLFKLSJ.

Of course I don't speak Japanese, so I may very well have been missing some vital fun making option in the menu or something.

Ratmike on
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The MMO was alright till about level 21ish, but I didn't find it as fun when you could kill things 10 levels above you solo. The whole fusion thing was exciting. For some strange reason I really liked the dungeons.

The Wiki is very helpful, if you can understand the translated version.

Adellios on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    I just bought Persona 3 yesterday. I'm going to finish Tales of Symphonia before I start it. Any advice?

Prioritize working on social links with other students before you work on ones with people not from your school. You'll get plenty of time to work on the latter during holidays and before exams.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Kelor wrote: »

I think the Social Links is the only thing you can't see all of, since they press the fact that time is always moving, and you have to use it wisely.

It's possibly to max out everyone, I think, but it requires almost flawless time management; knowing who's available on what days, when to work on a stat, when to answer a girl's phone call, etc.

It's better to just work on the relationships you care about on the first run. I saw maybe two thirds of them through.
    (And I had to spend every single day of the end-game with Mitsuru to pull that one off.)

It is possible--in my game, I did it by following the guide on GameFAQs. However, miss even ONE step, and it's all over--every single day is laid out for you. I can't even imagine how you could get it done in FES with the extra links there.

Ledneh on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, I got my mom DDS2 and Devil Summoner for christmas. However, she's still finishing persona 3, and I actually got no games for christmas(didn't really ask for any). So, she's pushing me to play one of them, because she feels bad that I didn't get any games myself.

Anyways... Which should I play?

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Have you played DDS1?

Burnage on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Have you played DDS1?

No...

Will I really be that lost? I'm not huge on story as it is, and I've already bought the game.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
This discussion has been closed.