Options

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: November 2009 to April 2010 Edition

• Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sumi, what were you for Halloween? It intrigues me, sounds like we'd have matched :p
    16433_168816693777_507473777_2804014_463918_n.jpg

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lol! I was a Jedi.

I spent all year trying to work up the confidence to wear that costume but alas, I decided on a much warmer one.

I actually tried it on this weekend, and to be honest, I'm holding out for a custom made version. I love your Jabba though, nice touch! :p

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    honestD wrote: »

How was the gaming night anyway?

I might be having a small gaming night at my place (possibly on the 22nd) but I'll be sending out PM's about that later. I don't have tons of space so it won't be a big party atmosphere, probably just for the 8-10 of us that are regular forum event attendees.

It's funny you should mention that, as it wasn't a big party atmosphere at our place either (it never is, it's usually more of a chill-with-friends vibe). That's what the New Years games day is for (which will also have a chill-with-friends vibe).

Lol. Yeah I was more comparing to the impending party that Sumi is throwing when I said it won't be a party atmosphere. Last gathering at your place was pretty chilled out as well. The New Years thing sounds awesome.... and I won't be working that day (a lot of us seem to work on Saturdays :( ) so I should be up for it.

Also definately up for Sumi's Extravaganza.

I'll shoot out a couple of PM's about my little gathering tomorrow to figure out people's schedules. I'm looking at either Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd as possible days. ie a week and a half from now.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    I am super looking forward to this, I hope I don't sound too much like a nerdy little kid here. :)

Yes, the nerdiness is almost unbearable! God forbid we should have nerdiness on a forum based on a webcomic about videogames!

Now excuse me while I reorganize my pocket protector collection....

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    honestD wrote: »
    I am super looking forward to this, I hope I don't sound too much like a nerdy little kid here. :)

Yes, the nerdiness is almost unbearable! God forbid we should have nerdiness on a forum based on a webcomic about videogames!

Now excuse me while I reorganize my pocket protector collection....

My friend dressed up as a nerd for halloween but didn't have a pocket protector. He was quite possibly the worst nerd ever.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'll shoot out a couple of PM's about my little gathering tomorrow to figure out people's schedules. I'm looking at either Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd as possible days. ie a week and a half from now.

Sorry but I was slightly delayed with teh PMs. I had to wait to find out if I was working Sat the 21st before I sent out invites. Turns out I am working the 21st so the 22nd it is.

PM's will be sent out later today with details... but those of you invited pretty much know who you are.

If you were either at Honest D's BBQ right after PAX, the Halloween Fright Night event or if your user name is Theros: you and your applicable PAX going +1s are invited.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So far, according to my PM count, de4dmeta1 is the only one planning to come to the party... This is like my sweet 16 all over again. o_O

Anyways if you guys do get around to sending me a PM, please also just let me know if you plan on spending the night (although I don't intend to do much sleeping. < Not an innuendo.) so I can make sure I have enough room set up for it.

Sumi on
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So far, according to my PM count, de4dmeta1 is the only one planning to come to the party...

rectified :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'll be sending out PM's tonight with directions and contact info for everyone who RSVP'd to my PMs.

If you are intending to come by Sunday and have not yet replied to my PM invitations please reply ASAP so I can send you directions.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This is like my sweet 16 all over again. o_O

I'm sure at least you had been kissed by your sweet 16 *woe*

So uh...the first page is slightly lacking details on these newer events. Just saying. *cough*

<3

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This is true. But also I would prefer it if my event stayed off the OP, lest some wandering soul sees it and a.) feels left out because I have no idea who they are or b.) uses the available technologies on the internet to track us down and turn us all into zombies.

Scenario B is far more likely in my opinion.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This is true. But also I would prefer it if my event stayed off the OP, lest some wandering soul sees it and a.) feels left out because I have no idea who they are or b.) uses the available technologies on the internet to track us down and turn us all into zombies.

Scenario B is far more likely in my opinion.

goddamn zombie robots...zombie powers + internet wizardry. Virtually unstoppable. Get it? Virtually? I kill me...or I would if the zombies didn't get to me f...BRAINSsssssssssssss

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Anyone who gets turned into a zombie is officially uninvited. So, if you want to come, you better try your damnedest to survive.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Shit.

Teenychicka on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Luckily for us the Zombie Survival Guide is cheap.

Although if we do enter into a zombie apocalypse, you can bet the price will rise faster than water in New Orleans.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

So uh...the first page is slightly lacking details on these newer events. Just saying. *cough*

<3

The next two events are a small gaming night in my apartment and Sumi's gaming event at her bf's house. Neither I nor Sumi can accomodate if people just show up without RSVPing so its all invite by PM. Which is why neither has details posted in the OP. The next publicly open event will probably be in January... I know a few of us are getting the urge for some laser tagl again.

To get an invte to Sumi's gaming party just PM her if you meet her "have to have attended at least two events in our thread" qualifyer.

For mine I sent PMs out to anyone who was at any of our last three events, if you weren't at those events feel free to PM me if you want to stop by. Space permitting I can add a couple more to the guest list.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So my school is having a gaming night to raise money for Child's Play on Dec.11 (the night before my party.) I wonder if I can do two all nighters in a row... :P

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

<3

To get an invte to Sumi's gaming party just PM her if you meet her "have to have attended at least two events in our thread" qualifyer.

For mine I sent PMs out to anyone who was at any of our last three events, if you weren't at those events feel free to PM me if you want to stop by. Space permitting I can add a couple more to the guest list.

I'm going with the same kind of vibe on this one. If people want to come, they can PM me and I'll ask them a skill-testing question. Okay, maybe not a skill testing question, how about a "make sure you're not some tool coming over to case my house" question.

You know, or you could get people to vouch for you.

honestD on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm going to start preliminary planning for some Pre-PAX East events shortly. The date for the FTWings Night is set and I'll start blocking in other events as they develop.

However, the Olympics will be messing with things a bit.

I mentioned doing a Laser Tagl night in Jan before the Olympics. North Van is going to be pretty much shut down for driving during the games so doing Laser Tagl during the Olympics would be a very very bad idea.

If anyone has ideas for events that won't be trampled by the Olympic Games, please pitch them.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'll likely be heading out to this shindig in a few hours, probably around 3-4. Got a lot of stuff to do before then. As last time, if anyone between west Richmond and the destination needs a ride, lemme know.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I just realized the time of this shindig is rather... broad. I'm superbusy with the last 2 weeks of school here, so I'm planning to drop by around 5-6ish.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Yeah, I just realized the time of this shindig is rather... broad. I'm superbusy with the last 2 weeks of school here, so I'm planning to drop by around 5-6ish.

Yes it's a come whenever thing. I just stated 11am as the earliest time because I wanted to sleep in. :P

I'd expect most people to appear around the 2-4 range based on the replies I received.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Way to not come!

parabola on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Summary of last night:

718697756_9i9dP-L.jpg

Just swap Mario and Luigi.

edit: and add a frame where Luigi grinds Mario's face on the giant dildo of death.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    parabola wrote: »

Way to not come!

I texted Absinthe...
    QQ

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Way to not come!

I texted Absinthe...
    QQ

I know you weren't referring to me but so did I. I hope he got it though since I didn't get a reply. (not that one was required)

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Way to not come!

I texted Absinthe...
    QQ

I know you weren't referring to me but so did I. I hope he got it though since I didn't get a reply. (not that one was required)

Yeah sorry there were no replies. Was too busy getting thrown off cliffs by Luigi. :?

We'll have to do that again another night so we can finish the last level. "Teamwork" FTW.

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah sorry there were no replies. Was too busy getting thrown off cliffs by Luigi. :?

We'll have to do that again another night so we can finish the last level. "Teamwork" FTW.

fuck off, bubble boy. You didn't face my hilarious wrath as much as anyone else. Damn whoever figured out you can spin jump when someone picks you up.

Spiked Dildo of Death forever!

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    You didn't face my hilarious wrath as much as anyone else.

Very very true.

Bubbles are awesome. :P

AbsintheMinded on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright so all this talk made me want to do some updates on the party.

I have gotten Rsvps from most of you, and many have also offered to bring stuff. I'm sorry I haven't replied with definite answers as to what exactly I will be needing but I'll be sending replies sometime this week.

Hopefully we will have 3 screens. I have a Wii with no good games, and a PS3 with few multiplayer games. If anyone has some good titles that they could bring, let me know. I'll have my SNES with a few games, most importantly Supermario all stars and supermario world. There have been offers of a rock band kit and a couple Xboxes, but not sure what other games you guys wanted to play and who's bringing it. I'll get my hands on a couple boardgames just in case, namely (drinking) jenga and the worst case scenario survival game (which... if you guys haven't played it, has made for a very interesting evening in the past.) Since it's nearly christmas and I'm getting kinda broke I am hoping for community involvement as far as games go, but food I think we've got under control. So if there's anything specific you guys want to play or are planning on bringing, maybe just make a quick post because when it comes to planning things, I get a bit... obsessive. Honestly, I have a folder.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I get a bit... obsessive. Honestly, I have a folder.

Oh my god...not a FOLDER! I'm reconsidering coming now, this is just getting out of hand.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, in addition to what's already stated - I can bring Gears of War 2, ODST, Soul Calibur IV, Boom Blox, and Brawl. Maybe some 6-player Settlers as well.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I get a bit... obsessive. Honestly, I have a folder.

Oh my god...not a FOLDER! I'm reconsidering coming now, this is just getting out of hand.

Yeah, next thing you know I'm going to have nametags and placecards.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You already have them, don't you?

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah I'm totally there, with an exact list of what we'll bring closer to day of. However, I do know that we'll be bringing lighter board games, as well as games that are good for drinking.

And my DSs (is that the plural for DS?)

honestD on

• Options
    edited November 2009

You already have them, don't you?

Nope, but it's been added to the folder. :mrgreen:

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    [Edit] Problem solved. Move along. :)

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm gonna have to remove my RSVP from your party Sumi =( I'm going to be in Mexico. If you wanna borrow some of my games/etc, we could probably work that out.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm gonna have to remove my RSVP from your party Sumi =( I'm going to be in Mexico. If you wanna borrow some of my games/etc, we could probably work that out.

I suppose that is an acceptable excuse. :P

Anyways you will be missed. :(

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    So not sure if you've figured out a start time yet.

I just got my work schedule for that week and I am sadly working Saturday, however I am off at 4pm so it shouldn't be an issue.... unless you intend to start really early (in which case it simply means I'll be there a little later).

I still don't know how I'm getting down there or if public transit will be an option so I won't commit to bringing anything big (like a game system) however feel free to review the PM I sent for my little gathering to see if there's any games listed there you want me to bring.

AbsintheMinded on
This discussion has been closed.