Options

Attention: the protomen still exist! cover album available now!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So the current tour is thus
    MARCH
    20th – New York, NY – Santos Party House
    22nd – Boston, MA - PAX East (show day)
    23rd - Boston, MA - PAX East (hanging out)
    24th - Boston, MA - Middle East (PAX Afterparty)
    26th – Danbury, CT – Heirloom Arts
    27th – Teaneck, NJ – Mexicali Live
    29th – West Chester, PA - The Note
    30th – Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar *All Ages
    31st – Cleveland, OH – Beachland Tavern

APRIL
    02nd - Toronto, ON - The Hoxton
    03rd – Ann Arbor, MI – Blind Pig
    04th – Grand Rapids, MI – The Pyramid Scheme
    05th - Indianapolis, IN - Old National Centre
    07th – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall
    09th – Dekalb, IL – The House Café
    10th – Madison, WI – High Noon Saloon
    11th – Minneapolis, MN – 7th Street Entry *18+
    12th – Eau Claire, WI – No Brand Con (show day)
    13th – Eau Claire, WI – No Brand Con (Q&A day)
    14th – St. Louis, MO – 2720 Cherokee
    27th - Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge (Ten Years Of Fury)

MAY
    26th - Covington, KY - Madison Theater (with Andrew W.K.) **ALL AGES

JULY
    19th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)
    20th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)
    21st - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)

Additionally, they have just announced a Nashville show for April 27th, which is the tenth fucking anniversary of when they first recorded Due Vendetta, if you can believe it

I will go to THAT show if it kills me

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Covington?

who the hell plays in Covington

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    oof, 14 dollars for the protomen show at Grand Rapids, at 7 pm

Antimatter on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    it's been ten years since Due Vendetta?!?

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    First album didn't actually come out til '05 but yeah

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am sincerely considering going to all three Melbourne shows

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'd strongly considered going to the NY show, but all the friends who would be interested are out of town and I didn't feel like going it solo.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

There aren't 3
    AusPAX is three days long and they just haven't determined yet which day they're playing

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    They do tend to do at least 2 shows at Pax Prime, so there may be more than one show.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

There aren't 3
    AusPAX is three days long and they just haven't determined yet which day they're playing

THEY'LL PLAY ALL THREE DAYS DAMMIT YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    A guy working at a food truck where I got lunch today said, "Nice wallet," to me and told me that he went to see The Protomen at MAGfest and he was wearing a nerd t shirt but I was really distracted and didn't remember what MAGfest was until I got home

I gave him my number though because god I want to make some friends in this town especially if they like Protomen

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh, man, that Cleveland show's way too soon to get off work.

*pulls up schedule*

what. I actually have it off? :D How in the hell did that happen?

EDIT: And I don't have to go to work the next day until 7 PM? I think this is going to be something that happens. :D

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Oh fuck yes they're coming to PAXAus whoo!

• Options
    A guy working at a food truck where I got lunch today said, "Nice wallet," to me and told me that he went to see The Protomen at MAGfest and he was wearing a nerd t shirt but I was really distracted and didn't remember what MAGfest was until I got home

I gave him my number though because god I want to make some friends in this town especially if they like Protomen

Wait, where have you ended up?

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Charlottesville, VA

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Hey, if anybody wants to go to that 10 Year Anniversary show in April 27 in Nashville, tickets are available
    http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3495064&REFID=artist

With the added bonus of the possibility of meeting me!

Disclaimer: you may not speak to, shake hands with, or make eye contact with Mr. Ghost

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey somebody want to pay for plane tickets for me to fly from Portland to Nashville

• Options
    I was thinking about going but I seem to have a lot of travel related expenditures in my life already...

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    http://www.protomen.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/10years-1.jpg
    It's been nearly 10 years since this death train started rolling, and if you've ever seen the late Tony Scott's 2010 film, Unstoppable, you'll know that it's gonna take both Chris Pine and Denzel to stop us… and neither one of those dudes even know we exist. Nothin's gonna stop us now! To celebrate, we're throwing a super fancy birthday party for ourselves at Mercy Lounge this Saturday (27th). It's gonna have all the exciting things that a good 10 year old birthday party should have (except rollerskating… maybe next time we'll have a Jimmy Caan Rollerball party!). Come for the free cake, ice cream, balloons, face painting, and piñatas… stay for the rock and roll excitement! Get your tickets here, and get them quick... people like ice cream and balloons. And if any of you bring Chris Pine or Denzel to our show, we'll kick your ass.
    APRIL
    27th - Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge (Ten Years Of Fury) **18+
    Joining us on Saturday is the always amazing Makeup And Vanity Set and our long time friends (but first time show-mates... sort of) Hanzelle! But speaking of Makeup And Vanity Set... if you haven't already checked out his/their (he just got a super good drummer) new EP, you should do so immediately. It's really freaking good. Listen/Buy it here.
    Also, the super fancy 10 year anniversary poster you see above will be on sale at the show on Saturday. It was put together by Caspar at Version Industries and will look very nice on your wall or in your cubicle. As usual, if any survive the night, they'll go on sale at the Sound Machine Store the following morning (Sun. 28th) at 11:59am CST.
    Protomen with Andrew W.K.!
    In case you somehow missed it in the last mailer, we're finally getting to play a show with Andrew W.K. at the end of next month in Covington, KY (Cincinnati area)! It's going to be amazing, and you should be there to bask in the party. Get tickets before they're gone.
    MAY
    AUSTRALIA
    If you haven't gotten your PAXAus passes yet… guess what. You're shit out of luck. They're super sold out.
    The good news is… we're gonna play more Australia shows besides PAX! We'll give you more info on that as soon as we can. Until then, start spreading the word down there. We'll need all the support you can muster. We'll also need a pet wombat. Get ready.
    JULY
    19th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBA)
    20th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBA)
    21st - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBA)
    *more shows for Australia on the way. Stay tuned.
    You can't make me quit,
    -Commander

Antimatter on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So the current tour is thus
    MARCH
    20th – New York, NY – Santos Party House
    22nd – Boston, MA - PAX East (show day)
    23rd - Boston, MA - PAX East (hanging out)
    24th - Boston, MA - Middle East (PAX Afterparty)
    26th – Danbury, CT – Heirloom Arts
    27th – Teaneck, NJ – Mexicali Live
    29th – West Chester, PA - The Note
    30th – Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar *All Ages
    31st – Cleveland, OH – Beachland Tavern

APRIL
    02nd - Toronto, ON - The Hoxton
    03rd – Ann Arbor, MI – Blind Pig
    04th – Grand Rapids, MI – The Pyramid Scheme
    05th - Indianapolis, IN - Old National Centre
    07th – Chicago, IL – Lincoln Hall
    09th – Dekalb, IL – The House Café
    10th – Madison, WI – High Noon Saloon
    11th – Minneapolis, MN – 7th Street Entry *18+
    12th – Eau Claire, WI – No Brand Con (show day)
    13th – Eau Claire, WI – No Brand Con (Q&A day)
    14th – St. Louis, MO – 2720 Cherokee
    27th - Nashville, TN - Mercy Lounge (Ten Years Of Fury)

MAY

JULY
    19th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)
    20th - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)
    21st - Melbourne, AUS - PAX Aus (show date TBD)

Additionally, they have just announced a Nashville show for April 27th, which is the tenth fucking anniversary of when they first recorded Due Vendetta, if you can believe it

I will go to THAT show if it kills me

Fuck I missed the Chicago show

• Options
    SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    :0 I didn't know there was a Protomen thread!
    daang

EYDHoqw.png
  • Options
    Something came up at work and now there is a pretty good chance I won't be able to go to the Nashville show

• Options
    Almost certainly going to have to work through the weekend now
    If any of you guys go let me know how it was because Murphy was telling me apparently they're planning something insanely cool

• Options
    Oh fuck GG that's awful

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Oh shit we may be back on! I'm gonna have to haul ass though

• Options
    Oh shit we may be back on! I'm gonna have to haul ass though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkakijUOjU

• Options
    TO NASHVILLE
    ...after I get some sleep

• Options
    This thread just reminded me I'll finally be able to see them when they come to PAX Aus this year!

• Options
    FUCK I OVERSLEPT

• Options
    HURRY BOY, SHE'S WAITING THERE FOR YOU

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    AHHHHHHH, @GREY GHOST, BLESS THE RAINS

• Options
    GO MAN, GO!

• Options
    If anyone else is going I'll be the guy in the red SHIELD t-shirt, if you can find me in the madness

• Options
    holy fuck I'm dead

• Options
    holy fuck I am the dead

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    holy fuck I'm dead

I remember coming back from a concert (Not Protomen) at 3 am... an hour before I had to get ready for work. That was a fun day I tell ya. Worth it.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Tell tell tell

Let me live vicariously through you, GG

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay so

-They had cake and party hats and a drink called the Due Vendetta Bomb (which was awful) and an old band member (the Merchant) doing face-painting in the various band members' styles, and the big screen was running a montage of some seriously old-ass photos
    -In between the opening acts they had a pinata made in the likeness of Doug Fetterman, who hasn't been with the band since the super old days, and they pulled some kids up from the crowd to bust it
    -When their set started they wheeled a gigantic fake cake up to the stage and Kilroy popped out of it
    -They actually started and ended the set with Due Vendetta because that's the first song they recorded 10 years ago
    -They covered Phil Collins' "Easy Lover"
    -The main set was the usual mix of stuff from both albums, with the addition of that new song from Act 3 which is starting to sound pretty tight
    -For the encore they brought out their first guitarist, Heath Who Hath No Name, and did Beard's Going Nowhere, fucking Iron Maiden's The Trooper and then goddamn Separate Ways by Journey
    -Panther pulled a string and a bunch of balloons came down from the ceiling and then he crowdsurfed around for a while
    -Then I died

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    I've also come into possession of a rather hefty collection of.... yeah, let's go ahead and call it fanfiction, that a couple of fans typed up and printed out and actually gave to the band as a gift along with some art

• Options
    Well sorry about the dying but everything else sounds bombbb

RUVCwyu.jpg